John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
    I don't thing they ever mentioned anything on Sheppard's brother Dave and then again there wasn't much of Sheppard's family or backstory mention on the show other then his brother and father. I think the writer, Alan McCullough, of Outcast came up with the idea, at least in his mind, that "Sheppard's mother died of an illness".

Quote from JM's blog with guest blogger Alan McCullough:
    "In “Outcast”, there was a fleeting reference to Sheppard’s mom in my draft of the script — something along the lines of “…after mom died” — but I’m pretty sure it got cut before the script went to camera. In my mind, however, Sheppard’s mother died of an illness, which drove a further wedge in an already fractured relationship between him and his father. Perhaps we’ll find out more about this down the road?"

My best guess would be somewhere around 11-14 given this line:
    SHEPPARD: Never mind. He just – he had everything planned out for me since I was about fourteen.

I also don't remember which one is the older brother Sheppard or Dave
    Generally speaking, parents that control their children's lives do so with the oldest child. Really, it makes sense for John to be the older. He's the older son who resisted what his father wanted for him and made his own way. And Dave the younger son has to pick up the slack and still search for Dad's approval.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

So, let me see if I'm understanding this correctly.

The Round Robin fics that we've done are going to on LJ?
      If so, what is the link to it?

I've checked the MP sight Jess, and I think I've got all mine on my PB and Flicker accts. This might be an impossible question to answer but:

How many hits has our MP/motivation poster gotten?

I need to read the RR's again and the finish VS6 eps. By the way, I've seen on ff.net a VS6 also. I think it's called BeyondSeason6 or something like that. I didn't think it was same as the one that's being done here. Am I mistaken? Let me know y'all!

Totally off topic here... heheheheer...

Do any of you have the Boardwalk Ave game piece for the MikeyD's monoply game? It's so sad, I've started the stupid game, now, I've got to finish it! It so bites. I hate when I do these crazy things! If I the BW piece, I Could win a million bucks! Like that is going to happen! LOL! Could y'all imagine if Elfie won!

Hmmm.... *note to self*... how many cases of water can you get for million bucks?
      1-800-Iluv-JandT
      sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Hey Elfie!

I haven't made the LJ RR comm yet...I'll upload the stories when I do. By Friday at the latest.

As for the MPs..no...there is no real way of logging the hits. But, if you use Photobucket, then they do have a stats option...but they only do your top 5 pics...but you can look at the number of hits you've had--it just doesn't work for me because all of the files are in the same PB account.

And that is a different VS. Lea has episode 1 written...episode 2 is coming out on Friday. It's on LJ.
        sigpic
        Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Elflinn View Post
          So, let me see if I'm understanding this correctly.

The Round Robin fics that we've done are going to on LJ?
          If so, what is the link to it?
          Don't think it's been set up yet

I need to read the RR's again and the finish VS6 eps. By the way, I've seen on ff.net a VS6 also. I think it's called BeyondSeason6 or something like that. I didn't think it was same as the one that's being done here. Am I mistaken? Let me know y'all!
          It's a different one, there's one on LJ with that name, I presume it's the same one

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
            Hey Elfie!

I haven't made the LJ RR comm yet...I'll upload the stories when I do. By Friday at the latest.

As for the MPs..no...there is no real way of logging the hits. But, if you use Photobucket, then they do have a stats option...but they only do your top 5 pics...but you can look at the number of hits you've had--it just doesn't work for me because all of the files are in the same PB account.

And that is a different VS. Lea has episode 1 written...episode 2 is coming out on Friday. It's on LJ.
            Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
            Don't think it's been set up yet

It's a different one, there's one on LJ with that name, I presume it's the same one

Whew! Finally! I've been getting the stupid internal error message and not been able to get on the forum since the post about mps and stuff!!

It's good to know that the LJ stuff not ready yet! And, I noticed that none have coughed up the Boarwalk game piece!
            1-800-Iluv-JandT
            sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Totally random but I can't wait for Episode 2 of the VS6. The last one was amazing.

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
              My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

It's good to know that the LJ stuff not ready yet! And, I noticed that none have coughed up the Boarwalk game piece!
                Dude, you're a riot.

And the first ep of VS6 was da bomb.

Comment

Picture of Joe with a baby at a convention, it's adorable!
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                    I stole her for a day, but she already left.
                    She came back for a bit but left me, too. *wonders where she went*
                    Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                    Generally speaking, parents that control their children's lives do so with the oldest child. Really, it makes sense for John to be the older. He's the older son who resisted what his father wanted for him and made his own way. And Dave the younger son has to pick up the slack and still search for Dad's approval.
                    I thought sheppard was the older one, going on that assumption, too. I remember watching Outcast and going "huh" because I thought Dave looked older than John even though he was supposed to be younger...

And Cazz... that pic is adorable
                    don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Spoiler:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
                      Spoiler:

Joe looks so happy & comfortable.
                      The baby? Not so much. It's got the 'huh? what's going on?' look.
                      Best bets when the flash went off it cried.

As for the Sheppard & Dave discussion:
                      - I agree, I think they hinted John's older. Just by what John said about his childhood.
                      - BUT on the otherhand, he COULD be the younger one. I have 2 older siblings, & my pressures to achieve stuff are just as tough as what my siblings have.

The dialogue in the episode doesn't really allude to which one's older. But my guess it's leaning to John being older. Just a paragraph from Dave makes me think he's the younger one.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/LocationPics/joebaby.jpg

There's a picture to show the baby's future wife!

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
                        Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
                        Spoiler:

Joe looks so happy & comfortable.
                        The baby? Not so much. It's got the 'huh? what's going on?' look.
                        Best bets when the flash went off it cried.

As for the Sheppard & Dave discussion:
                        - I agree, I think they hinted John's older. Just by what John said about his childhood.
                        - BUT on the otherhand, he COULD be the younger one. I have 2 older siblings, & my pressures to achieve stuff are just as tough as what my siblings have.

The dialogue in the episode doesn't really allude to which one's older. But my guess it's leaning to John being older. Just a paragraph from Dave makes me think he's the younger one.
                        I think he's younger. Dave looked older at any rate.
                        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                          I think he's younger. Dave looked older at any rate.
                          I agree with you Padme. Plus then it makes sense why his father was so disappointed in John. His father convinced Dave to follow in his footsteps so when John rebelled it made it that much harder to deal with.

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
                          My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

Does anyone know if the Conference room is close enough to the gate room for them to hear the gate activate??

Comment

I think so Sci, its the other side of the big stairs isn't it?

Comment

I think so Sci, its the other side of the big stairs isn't it?
                                Thanks Cazz. That's what I thought, but wanted make sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X