Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Does anyone know if Sheppard's mom was ever given a name on the show? I know there were rumors of her being mentioned in one of the fifth season episodes..but I don't remember which or if they even gave her one (unofficially).
    sigpic
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

    Comment


      Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
      Does anyone know if Sheppard's mom was ever given a name on the show? I know there were rumors of her being mentioned in one of the fifth season episodes..but I don't remember which or if they even gave her one (unofficially).
      I think in my fanfic Called Home to Heaven, I named Johns mom Carol, maybe Lois. I don't really remember

      This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

      Comment


        Originally posted by Rockhound View Post
        Love that one too!!! Since we are talking Search & Rescue here - how about..

        to "Colonel, I have more respect for you than any commanding officer I've ever had, but I'm getting on that jumper. End of story. I'll surrender for court martial when I'm done."

        John will just do anything to resuce Teyla.

        On a related note...

        Just read Wedjatqi's lastest chapter in Wishes.. awesome as usual.. even after 20 years, John still wants to go find Teyla because she is his one true love..
        Oh, yes. He was very keen on getting outta there & saving Teyla. (kinda odd- when he was trapped in the rubble he was insisting that Ronon free himself, then he won't stay on the Deady until Teyla's ok.)

        And:
        - I'd carry her, buddy, but I'm not really up to it.
        *SQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEE!* Awww, our hero! (pity he didn't- on the commentary they were saying how they'd debated whether Ronon should carry her or not, due to Jason's back)

        Spoiler:



        All Sigs Made By Me.

        Comment


          Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
          AH, right.
          I think it comes down to having a mental blank on it- I recall the scene now. (I should remember that- one of my best drawings is of their hands from that scene- when John places one of his on hers.......)


          Yes, that's a very angsty scene.
          Joe did an amazing job with it- it's heartbreaking to see him like that.


          Will try to.
          I live in Aus- but I'm in the Eastern Time here.
          I'm trying to see if I can find it online right now for you- but I'm not sure that I can, otherwise I'll rip a copy for you.


          I love that scene- kinda disappointed it was written so they had an excuse for Ford to be back. [damn u writers! *shakes fists*]
          I also like:
          : Look, Doc, Michael's here. That means Teyla's probably on the ship. I'm too close to sit here and do nothing.
          *snip*
          I have had a chance to rescue a team mate before, and it slipped through my hands. I am not letting that happen again.

          That's the spirit, John! Never stop till everyone's ok!
          Don't worry about it. I'm found the clip from "Birthright" that shows Daniel saying how Isthta's people are like the Amazons. And I have Xena clips.
          Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

          sigpic

          Comment


            Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
            Does anyone know if Sheppard's mom was ever given a name on the show? I know there were rumors of her being mentioned in one of the fifth season episodes..but I don't remember which or if they even gave her one (unofficially).
            Not that I remember, m'dear. Sorry.
            sigpic

            Click here daily to give free mammograms

            It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

            Comment


              Jess, it was a snapped line of dialogue in Remnants. You might want to check out JM's blog from the air date of that ep. I know he put the dialogue up on his blog. Don't think she got a name there, but you could always check it out
              Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
              Save Our Seeker!
              LotS on LJ.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                I think in my fanfic Called Home to Heaven, I named Johns mom Carol, maybe Lois. I don't really remember
                i don't think it was ever really said.
                Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
                Oh, yes. He was very keen on getting outta there & saving Teyla. (kinda odd- when he was trapped in the rubble he was insisting that Ronon free himself, then he won't stay on the Deady until Teyla's ok.)

                And:
                - I'd carry her, buddy, but I'm not really up to it.
                *SQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEE!* Awww, our hero! (pity he didn't- on the commentary they were saying how they'd debated whether Ronon should carry her or not, due to Jason's back)
                i've thought that was odd to but maybe it's becuase he thought he was going to die. so he wanted some one to at least attempt to save her. even if he could't do it himeslef.

                that line always gets me sooo cute.




                Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                My favourite John/Teyla scene... Hmmm...
                But... I have to stick with her telling him she's pregnant in Be All My Sins Remember'd... It just... It killed me. When he says "We've been..." We've been what, John??? Gah! His wee face
                while i love the kiss. i got to say this scene and the one from S5 were they fight over her returing to the team have got to be some of my faves.

                yes i'm still a little bitter they dind't play this momnet like they could have but it's still a powerful scene. *sigh* what could've of been.

                been mia lately
                Spoiler:
                i had a ton of school work then my laptop got sick. then i got everything fixed and i had fall break from college starting this past thursday. so i had planed to catch up and start writing my VS6 ep. but guess what i got sick. i was sick from tues-friday. but i'm better now and everything is caught up so i should be around more.
                Sigs by me and Scifan

                Comment


                  I need Shelya/Shippy goodness............
                  Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                  Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

                  Comment


                    Duuuudes, where has the muse gone??
                    don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

                    facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                      Don't worry about it. I'm found the clip from "Birthright" that shows Daniel saying how Isthta's people are like the Amazons. And I have Xena clips.
                      Oh, ok. You sure?

                      Originally posted by smcki10 View Post
                      i've thought that was odd to but maybe it's becuase he thought he was going to die. so he wanted some one to at least attempt to save her. even if he could't do it himeslef.

                      that line always gets me sooo cute.
                      What also gets me is the line in the Transcript just before his line:
                      Still kneeling on the floor, John takes his hand away from his side and finds his fingers covered in blood.)
                      (mind you, Joe did it on one knee if I recall correctly )
                      Does anyone else find their mind jumps into shipper mode at that moment..........
                      Spoiler:
                      & heads down the proposing line?



                      Originally posted by smcki10 View Post
                      been mia lately
                      Spoiler:
                      i had a ton of school work then my laptop got sick. then i got everything fixed and i had fall break from college starting this past thursday. so i had planed to catch up and start writing my VS6 ep. but guess what i got sick. i was sick from tues-friday. but i'm better now and everything is caught up so i should be around more.
                      Aw, glad you're feelind better.
                      Here's some J/T for ya:
                      Spoiler:

                      Spoiler:



                      All Sigs Made By Me.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                        Duuuudes, where has the muse gone??
                        I stole her for a day, but she already left.
                        sigpic
                        Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
                          Oh, ok. You sure?


                          What also gets me is the line in the Transcript just before his line:

                          (mind you, Joe did it on one knee if I recall correctly )
                          Does anyone else find their mind jumps into shipper mode at that moment..........
                          Spoiler:
                          & heads down the proposing line?




                          Aw, glad you're feelind better.
                          Here's some J/T for ya:
                          Spoiler:
                          Yeah, don't worry about it.
                          Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            I too was wondering if John's mom's name was ever mention. I need it for a fanfic. I guess I'll just come up with one. What about David, his brother, does anyone know if he ever said if he has kids??



                            Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
                            My FanFiction and LiveJournal

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by SGAFirenity View Post
                              I too was wondering if John's mom's name was ever mention. I need it for a fanfic. I guess I'll just come up with one. What about David, his brother, does anyone know if he ever said if he has kids??
                              I don't thing they ever mentioned anything on Sheppard's brother Dave and then again there wasn't much of Sheppard's family or backstory mention on the show other then his brother and father. I think the writer, Alan McCullough, of Outcast came up with the idea, at least in his mind, that "Sheppard's mother died of an illness".

                              Quote from JM's blog with guest blogger Alan McCullough:
                              "In “Outcast”, there was a fleeting reference to Sheppard’s mom in my draft of the script — something along the lines of “…after mom died” — but I’m pretty sure it got cut before the script went to camera. In my mind, however, Sheppard’s mother died of an illness, which drove a further wedge in an already fractured relationship between him and his father. Perhaps we’ll find out more about this down the road?"


                              My best guess would be somewhere around 11-14 given this line:
                              SHEPPARD: Never mind. He just – he had everything planned out for me since I was about fourteen.

                              I also don't remember which one is the older brother Sheppard or Dave.
                              Last edited by planet_tv; 11 October 2009, 10:45 PM.

                              Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

                              Comment


                                It's never said in the show who is older Planet, but one of the writers, either JM or AM, can't remember which, said Dave was older, which is what I'd assumed during Outcast
                                What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X