John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    Sir Bobby Robson died this morning Football has lost one of it's greatest gentlemen
    I heard There was a beautiful tribute to him on sky sports news (I may have cried a bit ) and they're going to have minute silence (or maybe a minutes clapping, which I think would be more appropriate considering Bobby's attitude in life) at every game for the start of the season.

Oh, and you missed of the Sir

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
    And now I'm off to cry. My laptop died. And now I have to try and fix it. If that doesn't work, it can be a very expensive paperweight.

ETA: Woo hoo! That goodness for System Restore! Laptop is all better now.
    Phew!

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
    You thought the Wraith were sexy? Lol. Okaaaay
    I know!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/Gater101/Sets/jt-beau.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59...jt-nohands.jpg
    Love!

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

You thought the Wraith were sexy? Lol. Okaaaay
      I thought digging vampires were in...Edward from Twilight, Bill from True Blood and the Wraith from Atlantis. ROFL
      sigpic
      Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
        I thought digging vampires were in...Edward from Twilight, Bill from True Blood and the Wraith from Atlantis. ROFL
        Yup, all backwards

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
          I heard There was a beautiful tribute to him on sky sports news (I may have cried a bit ) and they're going to have minute silence (or maybe a minutes clapping, which I think would be more appropriate considering Bobby's attitude in life) at every game for the start of the season.

Oh, and you missed of the Sir

Oh yes, Sir Bobby Robson, one of the truly great men in football who will be sorely missed I always liked him, when I saw him on the Telly, when I heard him talk, he sounded like a truly lovely person

I saw the tribute *wipes away a tear* He's one of the few people in football that could bring everyone together, whether you're Scottish, English, support Newcastle or Sunderland. It didn't matter, I think he was well likd by everyone

I like your lovely sig tribute to him
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rockhound View Post
            Laura,

Awesome Job!! They are beautiful. I think you are right about which one is the stunt double and the real Teyla. I never noticed before but having both there really shows.
            I also really like the one with just "Conversion" written. I think the pictures speak for themselves.

Love it!

OT:

My son hit 2 inside the park home runs in his championship elimination game tonight!!!. I am sooooo proud!!
            Thanks- I really like the pic. And Joe's face- he looks soooo into it; like he's having a lot of fun!
            I just thought it seemed like Rachel at the back- in the few sparring scenes in the show, she's usually almost bare foot (maybe very light slip on shoes?). That's how you can spot the difference between them- that & staring at the side of Rachel's face for long enough imprints it into your mind enough to ID her from that angle........
            The quotes from the ep- much as I love them..........they just seem to clatter the wallie.

Congrats to your son!

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
            Very nice LandJrule
            Thanks.

Yeah, I think Rachel's at the back. Great pic!

Thanks- as I said above, there's a few small differences between Rachel & her double.

They're lovely gater!!!!! Very beautiful!

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

LandJ - They enjoyed that Conversion pic in the Whump thread, nobody had seen it before So great find

Comment

[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/Gater101/Sets/jt-beau.jpg]

[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/Gater101/Sets/jt-nohands.jpg
                Beautiful Laura
                Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Congrats on 20,000 posts Linda!!

Comment

Gee... maybe I should spam the boards?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

wow, that´s what I´d call a blabbermouth!!!

*offers popcorn*

Should we really be celebrating here? Most of that was OT talk and in other threads entirely!
                      Oi, Teyla! Don´t spoil the moment!

It´s a MILESTONE! 20 000 posts!! You don´t reach that easily..

Congrats to all the milestoners, Linda, Teyilia & everyone else !

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                      picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Man I gotta talk less

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                        Gee... maybe I should spam the boards?
                        Congrats to you too kitty

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
                        wow, that´s what I´d call a blabbermouth!!!

*offers popcorn*

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8050/sga1x030640x.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/535/sga1x030675.jpg

Should we really be celebrating here? Most of that was OT talk and in other threads entirely!

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7763/sga1x030661.jpg

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/7...a2x092079p.jpg

I don'ty talk......much
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
                          Hey all!

Was googling SGA (trying to find a promo pic of John used on a DVD cover for one of the volumes of S5)- & happened to find a BTS pic from 'Conversion' on MGM's site.
                          It picked my attention due to my fav couple in it- but that it shows them during that bantos scene.
                          And so it got me in the mood to do a wallie for 'Conversion'.

Here's the original pic (the BTS one that inspired it):
                          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...stuntdoubl.jpg
                          Very cute pic. Cazz put in on the whump thread, loved it!

It's hard to tell which one is Rachel- though a closer look just now makes me think she's the one in the back of the shot. It seems like they did a rehearsal with the stunt people as well.
                          It also proves the final scene was filmed on the same day- Joe's wearing the exact same outfit in that pic as he did in the final scene.
                          It´s also his very own

Love your wallies. I think the one without text is best

And oh, you guys doing a rewatch too?? Haven´t been here in a while

First impressions of Shep? Liked him from the start. Watched the show originally just to see O´Neill´s guest spot but fell for Shep pretty quickly! Loved his smartass manner, and he had me hooked from the start

First impressions of Teyla?
                          Thought she was a little on the "too hostile" front at first, but when that changed towards Shep, I chalked it up to her just not liking the way Sumner was "looking through her"
                          She seemed very caring and protective of her ppl though

First impressions of other characters?
                          McKay (well, I knew him from SG1 and hated him, he was less annoying in SGA (back then and actually likeable...), Ford was sweet in a kid-on-the-team way and liked Carson from the start.

Why do Shep and Teyla trust each other so quickly and easily?
                          Shep distanced himself from Sumner (who was clearly a judgemental jerk) by looking right AT her instead of through her, making eye contact several times and just seemed a trustful person. She probably saw honesty in his eyes, and he -it seems- was the kind of guy who doesn´t really view anyone a danger before making a bad experience with them (he does (or did) trust others easily, not always to his benefit )

Why does Shep put the necklace on Teyla instead of just handing it to her?
                          Never really thought about the why.. but she didn´t seem to mind

First impressions of the Wraith?
                          Thought they were cool and had promise to be a serious nemesis. Unfortunately, that changed soon. Whatever happend to "bloody hard to kill?" They just dropped like flies later on...

What does the queen mean by ‘How did this come to you?’
                          She wanted to know where he found it, and -probably- thinking the city of the Ancients was -once again- inhabited. Potentially by returned Ancients.

Does she think they just found it? Does she assume they can work it? Does she think they’re ancients?
                          With the food source scarce, and so many Wraith under her care in their "winter sleep", she might have wanted to know if there´s danger for their race of the same level as once before ahead. They did, after all, break "into" the hive. I bet that hasn´t happened in a while.

Are they the caretakers for just that hive? Or for all hives? I take it, every hive has a queen, therefore I think they were caretakers only for that hive, and the remaining (waking) Wraith alerted others.

Did Sheppard make the right choice in killing Sumner? What do you think Teyla would say to him about it, if it happened now?
                          Yes, he did. He was putting a dying man out of his misery and had his consent. Sumner did "ask" for it with a look. Teyla would understand.

The head bump, what does it symbolise for you? Trust? Friendship? Something more?
                          The Athosian form of a hug among those they consider family and close friends.

Are the Wraith a worthy adversary
                          They were in the beginning, but soon became too easy to defeat. That said, I still prefer the Wraith a better adversary than the Replicators (never liked them)

What 'myth' do you think they follow in Atlantis? Is it set up in Rising?
                          myth .. as in Space Vampires that suck the life out of you?

What is the underlying meaning? With SG1, it was about being human. What is the message in Atlantis? Stick together?
                          Yes. Perhaps also "survival against all odds" and "never surrender".

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                          beautiful! And congrats on the milestone!

Very hot!

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                          Man I gotta talk less

Congrats to you too kitty

I don'ty talk......much :-p
                          Last edited by SheppAddictedFangirl; 01 August 2009, 05:31 AM.

Comment

*offers popcorn*

Well... They DO know how I react to late birthdays...
                            Spoiler:
                            Spoiler:
                            Spoiler:
                            *puts away the explosives*

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                              Well... They DO know how I react to late birthdays...
                              Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              *puts away the explosives*
                              Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              I remember

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Spoiler:
                                Spoiler:
                                I remember
                                Spoiler:
                                Spoiler:
                                Spoiler:
                                Who would forget?

Comment

Working...
                                X