John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
    No offence, Tey, but I think that would be too much to fit into one episode. Having the Athosians, and Ronon (and possibly Torren) ill, plus the rush to find a cure and the tension between John and Teyla seems like enough of a plot.

I think if we used your idea, it should be focused on the orgin of the ship and what reprocussions it has. (If, for example, it's from a planet Repli!Weir mentioned, how did they find Atlantis? What is their purpose? Etc...)
    Would work for a two part ep then?

Anyhow I have been thinking about the bolded part though, a lot. I didn't dream this stuff for no reason mind you. For one thing the Replicators aren't mentioned, however nor are the Wriath. First off, the ship itself was designed to travel short disatacnes over long periods of time. The ship was len damaged and came out of hyperspace too soon, apparently sent to get help. Instead it cash lands o Altantis' planet.

Currently the Wraith do not go to the system known as Novuis (No-vuu-ais) System, due to the costant war within the system. There in that system were origannly just one race, which are more or less a stiockylike human being. not vey tall, but otherwise strong and self reliant. this race was then caught in the middle of a civil war between two toher races, the Acretai, and the Kora. the latter merely wishing to survive, the former looking for a state of profection through machinery. (think really advanced Cybermen and you are close to an idea of what Acretai look like.)

So in an effoprt to get peace talks, one of the Kora is sent to gfind help from an outside group (Atlantis) thus the ship being mistaken for a falling star when it hits the planet. As it was damaged from the Acretai when it fled the Novuis system. Dropped out of hyper and landed at Atlantis.

the rest you guys know already. But I was thinking that after the ship landed and the team took the person inside and the tech they could find, to Atlantis for medical treatment and the like, the illness would start?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Since I won't be on tomorrow....Happy birthday Dezrai!! Have a pic fic!

Crack That Whip
        sigpic
        Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Crack That Whip
          Just evil. *hugs*
          Spoiler:
          but the hair is natural.
          Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
          Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
            Teyla sig i made with a Luci tutorial

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/q...teylaangel.png
            Awesome job hun.

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
            Well I ask such questions because well DUH, I don;t really want to be stepping on others toes, in case their idea got the dreaded shelf space reserved for them. Namely....
            1. are the Wraith a factor?
            2. If not, who's the villian for the ep? (if there is not a villian skip this Q)
            3. Is the earthshake man made or natural?
            4. If man made who did it? (and why?)
            5. If natural, what caused it? (moon too close? flood? natural cave collapse?)
            But those are for ep 6

my ideas for ep 7 if I may list them are as follows, (I even DREAMED this scene/idea/whateveryouwanttocallit last nitght and the night before (I hate you Jake (my muse)!))
            1. Altantis is back in Pegasus Galaxy. Team is home, doingthe normal evening thing providing it is not life threatening, like watching the stars
            2. Chuck reports a ship or something, dropping out of hyper, HOWEVER: The team does not know this as they are having a day off as per Richard (Woosely) orders. They merely think they see a star falling to the planet the city is on
            3. Once they are told what it actually is that hit the ground, they investigate.
            4. Team brings back new tech from the odd star/pod/thingy Chuck reported hyperspace signature from, including a out like a light wounded person (either male or female, but personally perferably female)
            5. Carson (Or Keller if she got out from under that USMA Summons) begins to care for the injured person whilest McKay begins fiddling with the new tech, trying to see what does what
            6. He finds a map, when trying to find out more the device self destructs, but does no damage to anything in the lab, just a merely puff of smoke as the main power supply burns out
            7. At the same time of the device self destructing the injured person under the doctors care begins to flatline. Carson (or Keller) manage to stablize the injured to keep said person alive
            8. What happens next is anyones guess, The Wraith could arrive seeking the unknown ship, or something else entirely.
            Your thoughts
            Yes, but hun if the idea is the same as someone else's then we'll just tell you. And I'm not sure, but I think the only two parters so far are the first two eps and eps 10 and 11.

Also, the eps might not be in the order of when we pitch the idea. Some are going to be in the back half of the season. So there might be the need to have stand alone eps... like most eps were for SGA.

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
            ooooh, nice!!!! they really are such a great looking couple

so, um, HI. i know it's been like 6 months since i was here last, but it's been crazy. Pure. Hectic. Craziness. so i only got the message now about Wraithlord.... and i'm so sorry to hear that, and that i wasn't here to offer my condolences earlier
            *HUGGLES JTers*

but i am happy to be back..... love you guys!
            (off to meet JF in 6 days!!!!! omgomgmomg)
            Hey Kate. It's been too long. Thanks hun, it was truly a sad day, but we understand for you being MIA.

Glad you're back too and Wooohoooo for you going to Vancouver. I hope there is some good JT questions asked.

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
            Yeah, me likes those ideas I think Ronon would be better as I don't think Teyla would open up in those circumstances unless prompted and I highly doubt Rodney would prompt But Ronon would
            Oh good reasoning. I like that much better

This just came up in the 'Upcoming Changes' Thread. Have you ever acidentily clicked on the Sheppard/Weir thread rather than here? due to their only being a one word difference in the thread title. Aparantly a few of the Sparkies have had this problem so they are requesting that when the name changes hit our threads they want Elizabeth and Teyla to come before Sheppard.
            Well, I guess that makes sense.

Reminder: Dezrai's birthday is tomorrow. I still haven't heard back from her, so any birthday well wishes will be awesome!
            Thanks Jess.

All right, I've got a pitch for an episode...

Teyla receives word from someone (perhaps while the team is off-world) that the Athosians have had an outbreak of some terrible PG disease. Teyla wants to go there and see her people, but John is totally against the idea--due to him not wanting her to get infected or have her accidently bring it back to Atlantis...whatever the reason. (enter angst) If both Carson and Keller are there, we could have one taking one side of the argument and the other taking the opposing one. Woolsey sides with John, until one of the expedition members (Ronon maybe?) starts to exhibit symptoms. Now, suddenly, they need to find a cure. Another argument with John and Teyla (why are those from earth treated "better" than the Athosians) then they reach a truce of sorts. Together with Carson and/or Keller, they come up with a treatment. Athosians (and the rest of the PG for that matter) are saved from this disease. Maybe a final JT scene, patching (or not) things up.

Plot A would obviously be the Athosian outbreak. Plot B could be Ronon and his suffering through the episode...and how that's affecting everyone.

Points that could be addressed:

--What is Teyla's relationship with her people after the breakup with Kanaan?
            --Perhaps due to this, the Medical Board reaches their final decision about Keller. (I can't remember if she's staying or if we're shipping her away)
            --What, if any, lasting effects will this have on John and Teyla's relationship?
            Cool idea Jess.

Well I have no common sense so I need logic

Hmm, what if when Teyla comes to them to go see the Athosians it turns out that Woolsey and Shep had already known and sent a team (wearing Hazmat suits and they had come back infected (and subsequently been put in isolation), which could lead to how it spreads to Ronon...
            Ok, I'm confused. How would John and Woolsey know first.

Comment

Thanks sci and yappi
              sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Crack That Whip
                I loved it. Left you a review.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
                  Thanks sci

NP hun. She even makes field uniforms look good.

Off to do Bday presents.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                    NP hun. She even makes field uniforms look good.

Off to do Bday presents.
                    Got that right
                    sig by Cazzblade

Comment

*Waves hi to Kate**
                      *waves hi back*

Crack That Whip
                      oh, genius! pure genius, the hair really IS life, and teyla WOULD whip him by the hair, so to speak, teehee
                      Hey Kate. It's been too long. Thanks hun, it was truly a sad day, but we understand for you being MIA.

Glad you're back too and Wooohoooo for you going to Vancouver. I hope there is some good JT questions asked.
                      Yes, I'm very sorry to hear the news....
                      But yeah, on a lighter note, can't wait for vancouver. i might actually be bouncing off the walls by wednesday night, from both excitement, and from sleep deprivation. I'm a rower and we go on the water first thing monday morning.... so i have to be up by 4:30 monday - wednesday, and THEN vancouver..... so yeah, basically i'm gonna be running on adrenaline and coffee for three days straight!!! Should be fun for people to watch

well, goodnight guys, sleep well Sweet shippy dreams!
                      --Kate

Comment

Yes, but hun if the idea is the same as someone else's then we'll just tell you. And I'm not sure, but I think the only two parters so far are the first two eps and eps 10 and 11.

Also, the eps might not be in the order of when we pitch the idea. Some are going to be in the back half of the season. So there might be the need to have stand alone eps... like most eps were for SGA.
                        True, however nobody said that their idea was same as mine, so I naturally thought to continue with it. Then Cazz mentioned that it was already done in TMC, that kinda broke me a bit ,then I figured why not try and restructure it and see what happens, so I did, and there you go.

Like I said before, I don't dream this for no reason.

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Thanks to everyone who wished me Happy Birthday on Friday.

About the Virtual season 6 I like the idea someone here gave about

Spoiler:
                          Torren getting sick because that would kind of fit with pitch/idea if it got used as say episode 16. That would be one factor that causes Teyla to be concerned about Torren and Major Lorne would know that Torren has been sick before by an alien type infection which would cause him to get Torren to safety in the puddle jumper once Kaanan is on his way to the infirmary.

Now if someone came up with idea where something happens to Sheppard that causes Teyla to be concerned then it would also sort of fit with pitch/idea because that something could be near death experience where they almost lose Sheppard. Then his near death experience in my idea could cause Teyla to be even more concerned/worried and make her really realize her feelings for Sheppard.

In my idea an ending scene could be Teyla trying to get Torren to sleep and nothing she does is working until she mentions to Torren her feelings for Sheppard which causes Torren to fall right to sleep.

If there were a Virtual Season 7 then there be near death experience for Teyla at some point which cause Sheppard to make the first move.

I'm not trying push my idea just make it work with some of the ideas that I have seen here that I liked so if got used as episode 16, which be late enough in the season as there is already an alien type infection episode planned, I think, then it would fit with some of the things that have happened if they got used and flow better with the season.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                            Thanks to everyone who wished me Happy Birthday on Friday.

About the Virtual season 6 I like the idea someone here gave about

Spoiler:
                            Torren getting sick because that would kind of fit with pitch/idea if it got used as say episode 16. That would be one factor that causes Teyla to be concerned about Torren and Major Lorne would know that Torren has been sick before by an alien type infection which would cause him to get Torren to safety in the puddle jumper once Kaanan is on his way to the infirmary.

Now if someone came up with idea where something happens to Sheppard that causes Teyla to be concerned then it would also sort of fit with pitch/idea because that something could be near death experience where they almost lose Sheppard. Then his near death experience in my idea could cause Teyla to be even more concerned/worried and make her really realize her feelings for Sheppard.

In my idea an ending scene could be Teyla trying to get Torren to sleep and nothing she does is working until she mentions to Torren her feelings for Sheppard which causes Torren to fall right to sleep.

If there were a Virtual Season 7 then there be near death experience for Teyla at some point which cause Sheppard to make the first move.

I'm not trying push my idea just make it work with some of the ideas that I have seen here that I liked so if got used as episode 16, which be late enough in the season as there is already an alien type infection episode planned, I think, then it would fit with some of the things that have happened if they got used and flow better with the season.

Me like.

Now I'm wondering if I'll get my AU murder investigation eppy..............
                            Spoiler:
                            Ronon in a labcoat and glasses *drool* Oops! Wrong thread!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                              Me like.

Now I'm wondering if I'll get my AU murder investigation eppy..............
                              Spoiler:
                              Ronon in a labcoat and glasses *drool* Oops! Wrong thread!!
                              ~~OT humor
                              Spoiler:
                              Cleanup on Asile #42! Repeat cleanup on Asile #42!

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                                ~~OT humor
                                Spoiler:
                                Cleanup on Asile #42! Repeat cleanup on Asile #42!
                                *dies of laugher-called waking the mother*

Comment

Working...
                                X