Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post

So, its virtual season 6 time!!

What we’re hoping to end up with is 20 stories that would be the 20 episodes of season 6 We’ll discuss overall season arcs and specific episodes, assigning a writer to each episode (obviously people can request what they want to do and such ) like the actual PTB would. We want the season to be as it would in the show, so JT should most definitely be present but not overtake the whole season, it should subtly fit in (you know, how ship should be done in the show ).

This will be a collaborative effort with Beya on LJ so I’ll keep the discussion updated in both places Don’t forget the season 5 rewrite on Beya, and the 100,000 posts challenge
    For this week we want to open up discussion on the overall season. Here are a few questions/ideas to get discussion going:

- How quickly (i.e. how many eps) should it take to get back to Pegasus? If
    at all
    One, maybe two. No more. Atlantis belongs in Pegasus.

- Kanaan???
    NOT!! He fell into the sea when Atlantis was taking off of the previous planet! LOL

- Any other pairings? McKeller, Ronon/Amelia etc
    Do we have to have McKeller? Remember, I'm a dedicated Ronon/Jenn; McCadman shipper. And Ronon/Amelia was soo random. Carson/Allison maybe?

- Minor characters you’d like to see? Lorne, chuck, Radek, Amelia, episodes for Elizabeth, Carson?
    Lorne! Radek! Carson!

- Guest characters you’d like to see? Todd, Nancy, Michael etc
    Nancy, if it's to explain some of John's past. I think Dave Sheppard would make at least as much sense. Todd too.

- Enemies? Wraith, Genii, Replicators, The guys from DV, The Asgard, The Trust etc
    Wraith, DV guys, IOA as antagonists, the coalition from Inquisition as antagonists not actual bad guys.

- Story arcs from previous seasons? Queen Teyla, Satadans, Shep’s family etc
    More about the Athosians, Queen Teyla,

- SG1 crossovers?
    Nah

- Earth episodes?
    Just at the begining

- Any character deaths?
    NO!

- Exploring Atlantis? The Ancients? The Ancient gene?
    Ancients! Aside from creating problems, they've been seriously underused.

- Alternate reality? Time travel?
    Would be cool, but then we get the reset button again. Getting tired of those.

- Team episodes/character driven episodes?
    Yes to both.

- New commander/keep Woolsey?
    ???
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Nice Suggestions, LJ. And Oh, Everloving you had me cracking up with this one..ROF

- Kanaan???
      NOT!! He fell into the sea when Atlantis was taking off of the previous planet! LOL
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
        Nice Suggestions, LJ. And Oh, Everloving you had me cracking up with this one..ROF
        Hola Camilita! (((((HUGGLES!))))
        1-800-Iluv-JandT
        sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
          I sent you a PM, I hope you got it!
          1-800-Iluv-JandT
          sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Originally posted by Dezrai View Post
            OT Legend of the Seeker

Spoiler:
            I saw some of you guys talking about this show so I caught an episode of it to see what it was all about (I think I watched an ep a long time ago, but I am not sure.) Anyway, would someone mind giving me a background overview? I had no clue what the deal was though I think this is a show I would enjoy. What is the seeker and everything?
            OT
            Spoiler:
            Richard Cypher was once but a simple woodsman, an expert tracker and explorer of the trails that run through and around his home town of Hartland, located in the province known as Westland. He was well liked by the townspeople, and looked up to his older brother, Michael, the First Councilor. Their father, George Cypher, raised the two boys after the death of his wife.

Life was an uneventful series of tasks and duties for Richard, until fate brought him together with a mysterious and captivating female, Kahlan Amnell. From a seemingly crazed old man, Zedd, the truth was soon revealed to Richard. He is a child of prophecy, the first true Seeker the world has known in a thousand years, destined to wield the powerful Sword of Truth and defeat the evil tyrant Darken Rahl.

She is one of an ancient order of magical women known as Confessors. Her people are sworn to find the truth, no matter how hard someone may try to hide it. But Kahlan herself is a woman of many secrets. And her mission was to locate the Seeker, the one prophesized to defeat Darken Rahl, an evil ruler trying to enslave all in his dominion. Kahlan risked everything to find Richard Cypher. But what she didn't expect was to develop feelings for him.

With a single touch, Kahlan can make anyone confess the truth. And she can command any man to do her bidding. However, those who confess to Kahlan also fall hopelessly in love with her. It is her power. It is what makes people in the Midlands respect Kahlan. Fear her. And it is Kahlan's curse, for she finds herself drawn to Richard, as he does to her. But theirs is a love that can never be fulfilled. For Kahlan must endure the lonely life of a Confessor. And her purpose is to make certain Richard realizes the destiny of the Seeker, to stop the ruthless Darken Rahl. Nothing else matters for Kahlan, not even her own happiness.

To the townspeople of Hartland, Zedd was known only as a crazy old hermit who talked to his chickens and stood naked on rocks while gazing at the clouds. But what he was really doing was watch as Richard Cypher grew into adulthood. In reality, Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander is a wise and powerful wizard, and he has protected Richard all his life, hiding him from the forces of Darken Rahl. Prophecy showed that Richard would become the first true Seeker in a thousand years, destined to bring down Rahl's growing tyrannical rule of dark magic. So Zedd made certain the child would live to realize his destiny.

With the prophecy revealed to Richard, Zedd teaches him the ways of the Seeker. He shows Richard how to control the magical power of the Seeker's ancient weapon, the Sword of Truth, and provides the advice and training that his impatient and headstrong student will need to survive on his dangerous journey across the Midlands. Zedd commands magic bolts of wizard's fire to protect them from attackers. And he counsels Richard on his growing feelings toward the mysterious Confessor, Kahlan Amnell. She is a woman with whom love is not an option. And Richard cannot afford to let anything stand in the way of his destiny, to confront Darken Rahl and destroy his growing empire. Zedd will do everything in his power to make sure Richard fulfills the prophecy, even if it ultimately costs the wizard his own life.

This is the embodiment of pure evil, in the face and golden form of a handsome young man. Darken Rahl wants nothing less than total dominion over all of the free world. He has expanded his empire of tyranny far beyond his homeland of D'Hara and into the Midlands, town by town, person by person. In the words of the wizard Zedd: "Rahl's cruelty, his joy in the agonizing pain of others, is equaled only by the mask of gentleness he wears to draw his victims into his spell, and then enslave them forever."

Through the use of dark magic and sorcery, evil wizards, duplicitous collaborators and legions of soldiers, Rahl has stopped at nothing to achieve his ultimate goal. And nothing stands in his way, except the prophecy of the Seeker. This is the one man who can take down Darken Rahl, free the people enslaved under his rule and restore peace to the world. Now that Richard Cypher is revealed to be the true Seeker, Rahl has targeted him for death. Two men on a collision course with destiny. Only one will survive.

A mountain of a man, Chase is Richard Cypher's closest friend. He is one of the Councilor's Guards in Hartland, a small town in the peaceful province of Westland. His group is a detail assigned to protect Richard's older brother, Michael Cypher, their leader, known by the title of First Councilor. Chase operates from a very straightforward code. He is very loyal to those he trusts, and acts decisively to deal with those who want to harm the people he protects. For him, there are no shades of gray, just good and evil.

Chase knows Richard is an honorable man, so he does not hesitate to help his friend, along with the mysterious Kahlan Amnell and the wizard Zedd, in their quest to defeat the forces of Darken Rahl. All he asks of Richard is that he live to attend the wedding of Chase's daughter. After all, Chase Brandstone may have fists of stone, but he's really a family man with a heart of gold.

I hope this explains the plot alot better it really is an awesome show
            Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

- How quickly (i.e. how many eps) should it take to get back to Pegasus? If at all?
              2, maybe 3 eps at the most, they have no right to keep Atlantis on earth so they should get it back there before the wraith do too much damage!

- Kanaan???

Who? Oh you mean the plot device. Well when they were taking off from the planet Ronon accidently nudged him over the edge!

UGH, don't even get me started on McKay/Keller (yeah I still refuse to call them that name, well if we can't call them our name for them then I don't see why they should be allowed to call them that other name ) Yeah I hope that so called relationship (if you can even call it that) dies a horible and painful death and soon, very soon! As for Ronon/Amelia, um where the heck did this come from, we saw one scene where Ronon was impressed with her fighting and then we see them together on the balcony What is it with these writers pulling relationships from no where and expecting us to be dumb enough to fall for it!

Obviously i'd love the writers to finish what they started with JT and stop trying to backtrack It's the least they deserve, why is it Rodney who's the only one allowed to have the happy ending

- Minor characters you’d like to see? Lorne, chuck, Radek, Amelia, episodes for Elizabeth, Carson?

Well of course i'd love to see more Lorne, we didn't see nearly enough of him in S5 Yeah we all know who's fault that is Same goes with Radek Elizabeth and Carson on the other hand, well as much as I love Carson i'm not sure it was a good idea bringing him back, most of the eps didn't do any justice to his character

Elizabeth, don't really care one way or the other *shrugs*

TODD I always love seeing Todd, Jel's right, Todd = Aesome ep (well with the exception of Vegas but he's allowed one black mark )

I don't think they'd have been any chance of seeing Michael again after what happened And I can't see any reason for bringing Nancy back!

- Enemies? Wraith, Genii, Replicators, The guys from DV, The Asgard, The Trust etc

The wraith were good bad guys once, till they decided to dumb them down and make them easy to kill, wasn't really that fussed on the Genii, I'd love to see a follow up to the guys from DV!

Well i'd love to see some more insight into Teyla and her background but then that would actually mean writing something for her and we know these writers would never do that cause she isn't McKay or Keller and they are the only one's they are interested in writing Same goes with Ronon!

- SG1 crossovers?
              Well considering they're both in the same timeline it's inevitable there's gonna be some crossovers, i'd love to see O'Neill again

- Earth episodes?
              We've had way too many of them in recent seasons so as little as possible please!

- Any character deaths?
              KELLER Or possibly Rodney

Yes please to exploring Atlantis, we never did get a proper exploration of Atlantis, there's bound to be so many mysteries still to be discovered in the great city, same with the Ancients. What do we really know about them!

I do like a good AU but SGA has been pretty poor with them compared to SG-1 who had some freakin awesome AU eps!

Yes and yes. SG-1 has proven time and time again that you can have both and have a good balance between the two, please take note SGA!

Oh keep Woolsey, definately. He's been one of the very few good things in S5. He's come through when needed the most. He's stronger than he thinks!
              sigpic

Comment

Go help our Athosian goddess
                sigpic

Comment

Good Morning everyone.

Just a quick post. I'll be babysitting today.

I'll try to catch up on the 7 pages I'm behind on. Looks like some awesome art and stories to check out. Briefly saw Cazz's Challenge and I'll try to respond as soon as I can.

Catch you later. **HUGS**

Comment

- How quickly (i.e. how many eps) should it take to get back to Pegasus? If at all

Realistically, several. Or, have a time lapse between episode 1 and 2. You have to figure out a. how they fix Atlantis from the damage that occurred in EatG b. why the SGC would let them off earth c. how they would have the power to fly back to PG d. who would go with them/ would anyone stay or go e. the issue with the Chair (would they keep it at earth. If so, how do they plan to defend Atlantis if they need to)
                    - Kanaan???

I understand people's feelings on him, but wouldn't it be nice for us, people who care about the characters to develop him? Why, after a two year (minus the time he went missing), would Teyla and him break up? What effect would he (and Torren) have with John and Teyla? Would he be jealous? Non-caring?

McKeller would have to be there, even temp, just for continuity sake. Even if they break up later...

Lorne, Radek, Chuck and Carson. Elizabeth would be cool, but I cringe at the idea of an "Elizabeth finds out Jand T are together forever" scene.

Todd would be cool.

Well, the Wraith. Genii would be awesome, but that's because I think they have been quiet for too long.

The Athosians and how they handled being left by Atlantis and Teyla. Queen Teyla...

- SG1 crossovers?
                    Nah.

- Earth episodes?
                    After they go back to PG? Nah...

- Any character deaths?
                    Um, nameless bad guys?

I love the Ancient and their crazy machine stories.

AUs are cool.

Please, team episodes.

Dude, Woolsey needs to stay. Sam can't; she's captain of a ship and I can't see John as leader. That would mean the team would breakup and I just don't see him as a paperwork kind of guy.

Just my .02.
                    sigpic
                    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

For this week we want to open up discussion on the overall season. Here are a few questions/ideas to get discussion going:

- How quickly (i.e. how many eps) should it take to get back to Pegasus? If at all
                      One to two cause we belong in Pegasus

- Kanaan???
                      We gotta let him down slowly and in a realistic way

Hasnt Mackeller been there enough???

Everyone would be okay, but Elizabeth isnt my favorite to say the least, but if shes kept to a minimal it would be okay

Id love to have Todd and Michael, but Nancy not so much

We gotta keep the Wrait for sure

I didnt think we got a closing for the Queen so i would definitely like to see that

- SG1 crossovers?
                      Depends very much on the story in mind.
                      - Earth episodes?
                      If Teyla gets to go

- Any character deaths?
                      One word: no, unless you are willing to get rid of a certain blonde doctor

I think we do need to explore Atlantis a bit more. Do we know much about it besides the Control Room, Mess Hall, Infirmary, the meeting room thing, some labs, and some of the living quarters?

Im all for AU's where everyonegets to be in.
                      I think that team eps. are what i missed the most in seasons 4 and 5. Most eps were focused on just one person. Like in The Shrine, Identity, Brain Storm so i definitely want to see eps where everyone is important to the story, and not just some sort of decoration.

Im okay with either. Woolsey didnt push my buttons, but we can put someone else on board as the leader. I would love to see John as the leader but wouldnt that cut down on his mission time???? I definitely dont want that.
                      So lets get some ideas bouncing around

Great header by the way luv
                      sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
                        Love it

Thanks hun
                        Originally posted by Dezrai View Post
                        Just wanted to say hi everyone. I haven't been on in about 5 days and the last page I read was like 5130 or something so I am really behind! Not sure I'm up to trying to catch up today TBH. It's been the week from H-E-double hockey sticks.

I hope everyone here is doing well. I missed being on here and talking to you guys this past week.
                        Aye, we're addictive
                        Love the art for it

What we’re hoping to end up with is 20 stories that would be the 20 episodes of season 6 We’ll discuss overall season arcs and specific episodes, assigning a writer to each episode (obviously people can request what they want to do and such ;P) like the actual PTB would. We want the season to be as it would in the show, so JT should most definitely be present but not overtake the whole season, it should subtly fit in (you know, how ship should be done in the show ).

This will be a collaborative effort with Beya on LJ so I’ll keep the discussion updated in both places Don’t forget the season 5 rewrite on Beya, and the 100,000 posts challenge
                        Pfft, as if I'd give this a miss I'm in. Though you may not want me... I have an idea for a fic that I was hedging on writing so this will be good for me... It can be Earth baed (prefered) or Pegasus based.

A couple... two or three
                        - Kanaan???
                        Of course.
                        There would need to be, though I can't imagine anyone here would want to write them in But yes, they should be there.
                        CARSON! Lorne, Chuck... all of 'em Lorne in more than his usual. Perhaps even a semi-regular, like Carson back in s3. I would like for Carson to be involved on the medical team; maybe now he's come to terms with being a clone he'll want a place on Atlantis. I think there should be a Carson "B-PLOT" story, dealing with his issues. I think Keller's actions should be called into question, maybe have a review with the Medical Board... Carson, too. You know - what did they think they were doing helping kill half of a people, the retro-virus, Keller being involved with Rodney and stuff. I think the IOA would have something to say about that. Maybe that's how we can reduce Keller's role. Have the medical team a joint leadership with Beckett & Keller.
                        My shippy heart would like to see Nancy but I don't see how she is relevant anymore, tbh. Todd, since he's on Earth. No Michael. No Kolya. A new cool as bad guy.
                        More Wraith; they were so under-estimated in SGA. I would really like to see those Asgard in the future. See how they developed different weaponry - are our Asgard weapons going to be enough? That sort of thing. The Asgard are a "rally around" type of race; I'm sure they'd do something to come back from their planet being blown up.
                        I... don't like either of these storylines. The ATA gene should be used more... Teyla's Wraith gene should be explored more; her powers growing. What about Torren? Will the effects of Michael's drug be... effective? Lol.
                        - SG1 crossovers?
                        No. And if necessary, brief. No Major Davis suddenly being posted to Atlantis.... though I would like to see him around Atlantis in those first few "episodes"
                        - Earth episodes?
                        ... Of course...
                        - Any character deaths?
                        Ronon, in the last episode. it's what Jason wants
                        Lol. ATA gene. Exploring Atlantis... more "Tao of Rodney"-esque episodes, where they find cool things that could blow them up. You know, like exploding tumours. It would be ironic for Clone!Carson to be killed by one of those, too.
                        NO!
                        Both. Both, both, both.
                        Keep Woolsey. I reaaalllly like him in command; though maybe his command could be questioned, they try and replace him with... Nancy? Lol But the city ends up back in Pegasus before they can do that.
                        Last edited by gater101; 09 March 2009, 08:02 AM.
                        don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                          http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/CazzBlade/Signatures/Camy.jpg

What we’re hoping to end up with is 20 stories that would be the 20 episodes of season 6 We’ll discuss overall season arcs and specific episodes, assigning a writer to each episode (obviously people can request what they want to do and such ) like the actual PTB would. We want the season to be as it would in the show, so JT should most definitely be present but not overtake the whole season, it should subtly fit in (you know, how ship should be done in the show ).

- Kanaan???
                          - SG1 crossovers?
                          - Earth episodes?
                          - Any character deaths?

So lets get some ideas bouncing around

Great idea. If I think of any ideas I'll post them.

Thank you Witchy, I love them. ((hugs))

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                          Sorry its abit late Padme
                          i wasnt sure which one to post so i posted both
                          http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...rthdaygift.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...esbirthday.jpg
                          As I said in the other thread, I love them.
                          Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Shep sig
                            Last edited by Snowball; 09 March 2009, 09:11 AM.
                            sig by Cazzblade

Comment

I agree with most 2, possibly 3 max. Jess had some very good logistical points here, I think the IOA may want the chair, and John, to stay on Earth.

- Kanaan???
                              I think Jess has some good ideas on this, flesh him out a bit, maybe have him noticing and accepting the feelings between John and Teyla, maybe he breaks up with Teyla?

Again, like Jess said, unfortunately McKeller has to be there But very in the background, maybe some troubles between them.

I LOVE Laura's idea of medical review meaning Carson is there more, and this could be what causes the troubles for McKeller and reduces Keller's role I'd also like to give Elizabeth a better send off than she got with GitM, but if others don't want that then I'd be easily talked around.

Todd definately. I'm with Laura on having Nancy there, maybe she has moved from Homeland Security to HomeWorld and is involved in the talks to get Atlantis back to Pegasus.

Wraith for sure. If we could get the Genii back to how they were in S1/S2 then them as well. And the guys from DV. Plus I would love a story with The Trust, maybe they are trying to keep Atlantis on earth and have infiltrated HomeWorld Security.

Queen Teyla but from a different angle, maybe Todd wants her to but she refuses. I think Ronon needs something new rather than the Satadan's again. Find out how Shep's mum died, like JM aluded that Remnants would cover.

- SG1 crossovers?
                              No, unless it'd be daft not to have them, you know?

- Earth episodes?
                              Just the ones before going back to Pegasus

- Any character deaths?
                              I could live with Keller dying

Most definately!! I love to meet some Ancients again, find out why Shep has such a strong gene.

If somebody has a good idea for one, but their not high on priority for me.

Lots of team eps, a few character eps but all other characters are still in them.

Keep Woolsey

The header was done by Camy btw

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
                              Fab!

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

I wouldnt mind quite a few eps dealing with their journey back to Pegasus. I agree that the IOA might want to keep the chair and not let John go either ... so it forces them to decide to flee Dodge and head home ... but lots of unexpected dangers thrown in along the journey.

- Kanaan??? who !! Isn't he fish bait..

Well Kanaan has eyes and eventually suses out that things are not going that well between him and Teyla and that they don't really have anything in common other than being parents to Torren. .. He begins to see clearly that there are definite feelings between John and Teyla eventhough they both try and hide it... so he and Teyla have a talk and sort out exactly how is in love with whom...

I didnt mind Ronon/Amelia and I guess we're stuck with McKeller but hopefully in very small doses..

Can never get enough Radek.... more Chuck and I also like Amelia..sorry not a fan of Clone Carson or Weir..

We've had a lot of Todd and I think Michael is toast so not sure really... no interest in seeing Nancy.. she was John's past .. over and done with so no need to drag her back again.. I would love to see Dave though... that is a character I wish they had explored.

New enemy if poss.. getting fed up with the Wraith.. maybe those guys from DV...

Sheps family but something different for Teyla..

- SG1 crossovers?
                                Nooooooooooo...

- Earth episodes?
                                Just the ones before going back to Pegasus and seeing how Teyla enjoys Earth.

- Any character deaths?
                                Keller..

Sick of the ancients .. they seemed to be a bunch of jerks.. more exploration of the city and the ancient gene..

No..

Loads of team eps with each of them getting a good deal of focus and some eps geared towards certain characters but NOT to the exclusion of anyone else on the team...

Keep Woolsey - He's ok but I'd like to see a little bit of friction between him and Shep..
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X