Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
    http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:...dy_jackson.jpg

Yeah, yeah yeah! How you doing dude? I'm doing well thanks!
    I saw that sig of you, Cazz, and Hanna at the con - it was awesome! Glad you guys had such a blast!
    Yeah I'm good. busy and tired but good!
    The con was sooo good Had such an amazing time. The boys together were great
    don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
      Thanks hun. I'm letting all this lighter stuff out... Don't know what is wrong with me
      Well im enjoying it. I guess your system thought it was time for some non-angsty stories.
      sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
        Well im enjoying it. I guess your system thought it was time for some non-angsty stories.
        Possibly! LOL. Ohh man, I'm tired. My head is really sore, too Going tutoring then to the gym as well but I fear it will be an early night for me.

Comment

Possibly! LOL. Ohh man, I'm tired. My head is really sore, too Going tutoring then to the gym as well but I fear it will be an early night for me.
          Sorry to hear that luv Well then i guess ill be seeing ya
          sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Originally posted by Dezrai View Post
            Okay I had to post this link. It's an interview with Joe in the first season. At the end he talks about about the future seasons in Atlantis. After watching it, maybe we can all discuss what the heck happened to what was supposed to happen on the show?!?!??!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBB2M...eature=related
            It's kinda sad listening to how excited he was back then about the show and how disallusioned he became about how it finished....

Little did he know he would have to eat his words about the writing being great. I look back now on season one and it doesnt seem as good as I remember it at times. Though I did love the more light hearted aspects of it and the interaction between the cast.

But SGA went downhill in season 2 IMO.. that still remains my least favourite season. It just became cliched and boring and there are very few eps I will rewatch. I liked how they stepped things up a bit in season 3 and season 4 had lots of potential but that's when we started to see the characters adopt these unrecognizable characteristics, and a lot of the warmth and character moments disappeared.

It was apparent the writers were running out of ideas and instead of developing all the characters and exploring Atlantis it became too focused on McKay and then his love life.... or McKay suffering another epiphany and everyone expressing how wonderful he was. They took the easy, safe and predictable route and did exactly the same for Teyla's pregnancy. Continuity was a thing of the past, taking risks was a thing of the past, good character development became a thing of the past....

But yet they still managed to produce some great eps even in season 5 but the team comradie was gone and this was the downfall of the show IMO....the characters became like pawns in a game. No emotional depth, no feelings except for more cliched rubbish like The Shrine, sorry to those who liked that ep but for me it was a shinning example of how bad the show became. McKay the centre of the universe and everyone else bit players.. what happened to all the other possibilities being on Atlantis offered..

But overall SGA did have many magical moments, and this is down to the wonderful cast. I really don't think I would have stuck with the show without Joe Flanigan, Rachel Lutrell and various other cast memebers... their portrayal of the characters is what kept me onboard..
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dezrai View Post
              I went back and read some articles, and as early as April BW was saying he did not want to do SGA and SGEwww at the same time. And the cancellation was announced five eps into season 5 on August 21 (I think GW spoiled it on August 20) so it makes me hesitant to think that JM didn't know it was coming. And he has jumped on the SGEwww bandwagon so fast that I just can't believe he didn't have some inkling.
              And yeah, everything was McKay/Keller this season - utterly disappointing though I like both characters.

Agree with all you said too Linda. And as I am NOT a fan of JM, I definitely agree with what you said about him!

Again, completely agree, but since I hate BW even more, have to agree with what BLue says below too...
              Well I can't stand both characters so you can imagine how much torture it was for me

I have lost all respect for JM

Yeah I forgot what BW said at comic con, blue reminded me
              sigpic

Comment

Just wanted to pop in and wish SCI a Belated Happy Birthday!
                sigpic
                Banner By Orangelusik!

Comment

Originally posted by Cherish4 View Post
                  Just wanted to pop in and wish SCI a Belated Happy Birthday!
                  Hey Cherish how ya Doing ?
                  Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Oh that reminds me...Lovin all the artwork guys
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      Oh that reminds me...Lovin all the artwork guys
                      thanks linda
                      Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Why do you guys hate JM so much?

Comment

*lol*I can't say for sure for all others...me..I may not hate him but I sure don't love him either...
                          Spoiler:
                          as a showrunner I guess for most part he sucked at it... it seemed he didn't have any check on what was going on... it felt like everyone ran their own game in the end making the characters feel like they were suffering for different personalities... not to mention sitting and talking in interview after interview saying things like this and that about Teyla...this and that about exploring deeper with the relationships...in the end they explored pretty much just 2 characters not to mention 1 relationship that came out of nowhere instead of building on the one possiblity that has been there since the beginning and has been hinted at so many time I've lost count...

I may not hate the guy..and I may not blame everything on him alone... but for people to be showrunners..to actually run a show and have most of it into check and overlook stuff he has lot to learn from other showrunners...

But hey that's just me... I'm guessing most felt like it was Gero running the whole show since McKay and Keller at late was that got it all and pretty much ignoring the rest of the characters..has left a bad taste with many... sure Gero has given us some really good JT of course I truly admit it...but being a writer on a TV show means you can't just focus on one character just because you like to write for the guy..if that is what it is they need to balance it then out with other writers that has a better understanding of other characters and frankly a large part of season 5 turned into the McKay/Keller season... if it hadn't been shoved in my face like it had I wouldn't mind it one bit..great that he got what he got but darn make it believeble... the whole team feeling was left out..not to mention it felt like for example John and Teyla turned into two people who hardly knew eachother ... and I'm also sick of the view that the main guy just has to be the dashing hero...never to fall in love..never to settle down... frankly what is up with that.. he is just a guy and have every right to be happy and not just the guy that saves the day or be willing to give up his life left and right..

But as I said that's just me... and once again...I don't hate JM but I don't love him either..
                          sigpic
                          Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                            *lol*I can't say for sure for all others...me..I may not hate him but I sure don't love him either...
                            Spoiler:
                            as a showrunner I guess for most part he sucked at it... it seemed he didn't have any check on what was going on... it felt like everyone ran their own game in the end making the characters feel like they were suffering for different personalities... not to mention sitting and talking in interview after interview saying things like this and that about Teyla...this and that about exploring deeper with the relationships...in the end they explored pretty much just 2 characters not to mention 1 relationship that came out of nowhere instead of building on the one possiblity that has been there since the beginning and has been hinted at so many time I've lost count...

I may not hate the guy..and I may not blame everything on him alone... but for people to be showrunners..to actually run a show and have most of it into check and overlook stuff he has lot to learn from other showrunners...

But hey that's just me... I'm guessing most felt like it was Gero running the whole show since McKay and Keller at late was that got it all and pretty much ignoring the rest of the characters..has left a bad taste with many... sure Gero has given us some really good JT of course I truly admit it...but being a writer on a TV show means you can't just focus on one character just because you like to write for the guy..if that is what it is they need to balance it then out with other writers that has a better understanding of other characters and frankly a large part of season 5 turned into the McKay/Keller season... if it hadn't been shoved in my face like it had I wouldn't mind it one bit..great that he got what he got but darn make it believeble... the whole team feeling was left out..not to mention it felt like for example John and Teyla turned into two people who hardly knew eachother ... and I'm also sick of the view that the main guy just has to be the dashing hero...never to fall in love..never to settle down... frankly what is up with that.. he is just a guy and have every right to be happy and not just the guy that saves the day or be willing to give up his life left and right..

But as I said that's just me... and once again...I don't hate JM but I don't love him either..
                            Well said Nina.. I don't hate JM by any means but let's say I was pretty disappointed with how most of the characters were handled and the lack of continuity over the last two seasons. It's like no one was really in charge and each writer just did what he felt like without any thought into what had gone on previously in the show.... it was disjointed and sloppy and as a show runner he should have run a tighter show..
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah what Nina and blue said.....

Hate is such a strong word, lets just say I seriously dislike the guy with a passion

He lied time and time again about Teyla saying we were gonna get a lot more Teyla this season, yeah standing in the background like pretty wallpaper doesn't count while McKay and Keller make googly eyes at each other

The way he treats fans for bringing up valid concerns, if something hits a little too close to home about certain valid concerns they have he goes into defensive mode and is sarcastic (and not in a funny way) to the fans, a 10 year old is more mature than him *shakes head*

For half of season 5 he pretty much ignored the rest of the characters so we can get the McKay fest and McKay/Keller fest, yeah Martin Gero might have been the one that came up with McKay/Keller but as showrunner surely JM had the final say. He is a very bad showrunner, most of them tried to shaft Teyla so they didn't need to write her in the eps except for Carl and Alan. At least they tried to use her.

So yeah, as showrunner he has to carry the can for the gross negligence of the way he ran SGA in S4/5
                              sigpic

Comment

Queen Teyla could do with some support..

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...51813&page=135
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X