Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dezrai View Post
    I agree with everything you said Nina!

Lol! Just call me.... CazzClone!!! Hee hee!

And yeah, but it hasn't been nasty. People might joke about not liking it, but no one is being malicious or bashing the McKeller shippers! From what I've heard, we are being bashed!

Again, totally agree. I wasn't thrilled with it because I just don't think they have the chemistry that Ronon and Jen could have had, but what really bothers me is that it took front and center. Especially after they had planned for Teyla and John to get together (as admitted more than once on the DVDs) and then never did anything about it. That was annoying! Especially after the dream sequence from Search and Rescue!
    Yeah..it's like reading a book and more than half way through the story just completely changes .. and they think no one minds or probably even notices.... I could understand the plot device being kept around for a while but as soon as he played his insignificant little role he should have immediately been given a red shirt to wear.. with a big bulls eye in the middle..

Or he could have slipped down the drain while showering.... fell against a lose railing and disappeared into the choppy waters of Atlantis.... turned back into a hybrid and forced Ronon to accidentedly put his gun on kill.... there were lots of viable solutions... what was the problem...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
      Made some new icons... Finally done with the "Rising" batch.

http://yappichick.livejournal.com/46058.html
      Very nice Yappi.....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
        Yeah..it's like reading a book and more than half way through the story just completely changes .. and they think no one minds or probably even notices.... I could understand the plot device being kept around for a while but as soon as he played his insignificant little role he should have immediately been given a red shirt to wear.. with a big bulls eye in the middle..

Or he could have slipped down the drain while showering.... fell against a lose railing and disappeared into the choppy waters of Atlantis.... turned back into a hybrid and forced Ronon to accidentedly put his gun on kill.... there were lots of viable solutions... what was the problem...
        Hahah... I sure wouldn't mind
        sigpic
        Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
          *plays mediator/ambassador* I try to stick to my own affairs but it's getting harder these days.

Okay, to be honest *not trying to start a fight here* it's not one-sided. I'm not pointing fingers at any one specific person mods would spork me again for that but there are Sheyla shippers who have repeatedly bashed the Sparky ship in the past, and not out of personal dispute, either. It's definately not as one-sided as you may think it is.

I won't bring up the fact that a few (not just confined to here) celebrated when Torri was fired. That's not cool.

And we haven't been bashing. We have thoughtful discussion on why we dislike your ship, as you probably do. And most of the time I do believe it's just discussion. Bashing /=/ Discussion. I think it may be misinterpreted.

We have evidence to support our respective opinions on something we don't like.

Spats? They happen. Don't hit me for saying this mods if you are lurking You can't prevent them, especially in neutral discussion threads. Something catalyzes them, someone gets set off, and it all goes down from there.

Oh. And don't forget we're delusional and smoke some kind of substance.

All in all, it's not one-sided. Never has been as both sides can get into heated debates. I think sometimes people get too sensitive on either side. But I don't care who does it.

I'd just really like to point that out. The fact I'm even over here proves that. And it does tend to get out of hand.
          Thanks for the post.
          And I can admit that I haven't been on the thread that long. But from what I have seen here on this thread, the Sparky ship is rarely even brought up, and not bashed. And you are totally right that it is terrible that anyone celebrated Torri being fired. I was really upset when she left. I love Sam, but Elizabeth was a much better fit and I miss her. But I also have to say since I've been coming here I've only heard people say good things about Torri/Elizabeth.

I just think that NO ONE on either side should be bashing a ship. It's pointless for one thing - it's only a television show, and for another, everyone should be free to enjoy their own ships. I wrote earlier that I have enjoyed several sparky fanfics and it never even occurred to me to not like the sparky people even though I'm a Sheyla shipper. But then I got on here, and maybe I'm not in the right places when I look, but we seemed to get bashed A LOT!

Like I said, it could be that I haven't been on the right threads. And I certainly didn't mean to start a disagreement on here. I was just upset because it truly never even occurred to me to bash or even dislike the sparky ship.
          &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Thanks for the post.
            And I can admit that I haven't been on the thread that long. But from what I have seen here on this thread, the Sparky ship is rarely even brought up, and not bashed. And you are totally right that it is terrible that anyone celebrated Torri being fired. I was really upset when she left. I love Sam, but Elizabeth was a much better fit and I miss her. But I also have to say since I've been coming here I've only heard people say good things about Torri/Elizabeth.
            I've been here over a year now and I am on the same opinion, there has been the odd post here and there but usually someone on here has dismissed it before it made a discussion. I do lurk on the Sparky thread...
            What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
              Hahah... I sure wouldn't mind
              The thing is it's not just that they dropped JT because they thought they were giving Teyla some fairy tale happy little ending.. it's that they even tried to re-write previous episodes to explain Kanaan... but yet without any thought to what it would do to Teyla's character... they seemed intent on not showing shep in a bad light.... though I still don't really see how he would have been seen in a bad light because of a relationship with Teyla.... but yet they pretty much changed Teyla into someone unrecognizeable and that didnt bother them.... They could have used Kanaan as the father and then had him die heroically trying to save Teyla from Michael... problem solved.. and John could have been there to comfort Teyla and could have finally realised how deeply he cared for her after being so close to loosing her......
              sigpic

Comment

The thing is it's not just that they dropped JT because they thought they were giving Teyla some fairy tale happy little ending.. it's that they even tried to re-write previous episodes to explain Kanaan... but yet without any thought to what it would do to Teyla's character... they seemed intent on not showing shep in a bad light.... though I still don't really see how he would have been seen in a bad light because of a relationship with Teyla.... but yet they pretty much changed Teyla into someone unrecognizeable and that didnt bother them.... They could have used Kanaan as the father and then had him die heroically trying to save Teyla from Michael... problem solved.. and John could have been there to comfort Teyla and could have finally realised how deeply he cared for her after being so close to loosing her......
                And that they think John is the eternal loner so deserves to be on his own. Poor John *sobs*

Comment

Guess they couldn't think that far...

Teyla became dull around him... I wouldn't say she became weak I just got the feel they rather have her as a dotting mom going around with her son on her hip then have the fiesty women she used to be.. with the whole pregnancy storyline..sorry I felt the whole spark that was unique to Teyla dissapeard and the boring babysitter sure as heck didn't help the matter...

I feel it's taking the easy way out..not having JT together..it's like then they had to actually think how to work it.. and for them it's like a big no no to have the lead guy actually act like normal human being ..falling in love and settle down... sheez like it's the greatest crime in life..
                  sigpic
                  Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                    *plays mediator/ambassador* I try to stick to my own affairs but it's getting harder these days.

Okay, to be honest *not trying to start a fight here* it's not one-sided. I'm not pointing fingers at any one specific person mods would spork me again for that but there are Sheyla shippers who have repeatedly bashed the Sparky ship in the past, and not out of personal dispute, either. It's definately not as one-sided as you may think it is.

I won't bring up the fact that a few (not just confined to here) celebrated when Torri was fired. That's not cool.

And we haven't been bashing. We have thoughtful discussion on why we dislike your ship, as you probably do. And most of the time I do believe it's just discussion. Bashing /=/ Discussion. I think it may be misinterpreted.

We have evidence to support our respective opinions on something we don't like.

Spats? They happen. Don't hit me for saying this mods if you are lurking You can't prevent them, especially in neutral discussion threads. Something catalyzes them, someone gets set off, and it all goes down from there.

Oh. And don't forget we're delusional and smoke some kind of substance.

All in all, it's not one-sided. Never has been as both sides can get into heated debates. I think sometimes people get too sensitive on either side. But I don't care who does it.

I'd just really like to point that out. The fact I'm even over here proves that. And it does tend to get out of hand.

Reiko, I usually try to stay out of this craziness too, but I have to disagree with you here because from what I've seen, this current situation is one-sided.

OT

Spoiler:

IMO, the fact that you're bringing up events from the past supports this. Besides, you really don't want me to share what has been said about Teyla in the past. Unfortunately, both Elizabeth and Teyla have been bash targets in this fandom and as someone who loves them both, it's been challenging to be here at times.

Regarding the current situation, because of discussions in a couple of the Season 5 threads, I decided to visit the Sheppard/Weir thread and this thread. I visited Sheppard/Weir first and was disappointed to see some of the posters snarking about the people who didn't agree with them - me included. I was so surprised (I know, I should know better by now) to see this type of pettiness that I decided to visit the Sheppard/Teyla thread to see if the same was happening here and guest what? No one was taking about the S/W shippers here. No one. There wasn't a single post about the S/W ship or S/W shippers in this thread at that time.

When I returned to the S/W ship thread I noticed that some of the more objectionable posts had been deleted with a mod warning. I was disappointed to see that mod action was necessary because I thought that type of my-way-or-the-highway attitude had been tempered within that ship group. Too bad I was wrong.

Now, to get back on topic. I believe the best thing the writers could do with Kanaan is kill him because they've mis-managed this character so badly that I don't want them to waste even one minute trying to fix him in the movie.

Perhaps if they offed him, then Teyla could get more than a couple of lines and some of those lines could be with Sheppard. Whether you ship them or not, it was weird to see how little interaction these characters had for much of Season 5.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                      Now, to get back on topic. I believe the best thing the writers could do with Kanaan is kill him because they've mis-managed this character so badly that I don't want them to waste even one minute trying to fix him in the movie.

Perhaps if they offed him, then Teyla could get more than a couple of lines and some of those lines could be with Sheppard. Whether you ship them or not, it was weird to see how little interaction these characters had for much of Season 5.
                      Is it bad of me to say that if Kanaan was offed I'd enjoy it as a viewer I mean, I don't have much to dislike about the guy, theres nothing to him, to want him dead but still...

Comment

I have to agree...it would have been the best course of action... I was sad to see how much was lost on Teyla's part,,but also the interaction between the different characters..the team feeling sure wasn't around much...if at all really...
                        sigpic
                        Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                          Is it bad of me to say that if Kanaan was offed I'd enjoy it as a viewer I mean, I don't have much to dislike about the guy, theres nothing to him, to want him dead but still...

If it's bad of you then I'm bad too because I think it's too late for this character. If we had gotten a 6th season, then I would rather that he had been phased out and not killed, but now that we're just getting a movie (or movies, if we're lucky), I don't want to see precious screentime wasted on this walking plot-device.

I hate feeling sorry for the poor actor that he got such a crappy role.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Luciana

Comment

Hee hee! Love your take on things Blue! So agree that would have been a much better way to handle things!

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                            And that they think John is the eternal loner so deserves to be on his own. Poor John *sobs*

Your little CazzClone here...
                            I agree! Which is why I make sure he gets credit and is happy in my fan fics! I HATE that he's so alone on the show! *sobs with Cazz*

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                            Guess they couldn't think that far...

Teyla became dull around him... I wouldn't say she became weak I just got the feel they rather have her as a dotting mom going around with her son on her hip then have the fiesty women she used to be.. with the whole pregnancy storyline..sorry I felt the whole spark that was unique to Teyla dissapeard and the boring babysitter sure as heck didn't help the matter...

I feel it's taking the easy way out..not having JT together..it's like then they had to actually think how to work it.. and for them it's like a big no no to have the lead guy actually act like normal human being ..falling in love and settle down... sheez like it's the greatest crime in life..
                            I agree Nina! She really lost her Teyla-ness (Like my word?) in Season 5. Even in the few Teyla centric episodes, there was something missing...

Reiko, I usually try to stay out of this craziness too, but I have to disagree with you here because from what I've seen, this current situation is one-sided.

OT

Spoiler:

IMO, the fact that you're bringing up events from the past supports this. Besides, you really don't want me to share what has been said about Teyla in the past. Unfortunately, both Elizabeth and Teyla have been bash targets in this fandom and as someone who loves them both, it's been challenging to be here at times.

Regarding the current situation, because of discussions in a couple of the Season 5 threads, I decided to visit the Sheppard/Weir thread and this thread. I visited Sheppard/Weir first and was disappointed to see some of the posters snarking about the people who didn't agree with them - me included. I was so surprised (I know, I should know better by now) to see this type of pettiness that I decided to visit the Sheppard/Teyla thread to see if the same was happening here and guest what? No one was taking about the S/W shippers here. No one. There wasn't a single post about the S/W ship or S/W shippers in this thread at that time.

When I returned to the S/W ship thread I noticed that some of the more objectionable posts had been deleted with a mod warning. I was disappointed to see that mod action was necessary because I thought that type of my-way-or-the-highway attitude had been tempered within that ship group. Too bad I was wrong.

Okay, well first I will say I'm sorry for apparently starting this. I probably shouldn't have said anything since I haven't been here that long. I was just reacting to what I saw, which was apparently the same thing you saw Maxbo.

And I agree that the best thing they could do is get rid of the useless babysitter (as people on here have called him very accurately!) And you are right, it is weird to not see the interaction between them, whether you ship them or not!
                            &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

I just think that NO ONE on either side should be bashing a ship. It's pointless for one thing - it's only a television show, and for another, everyone should be free to enjoy their own ships.
                              I personally prefer discussion to bashing. It's one reason why I left the Anti Keller threads for a while because there was a whole bunch of unconstructive dreck going on in there. Anyways, if you want to bash a ship or anything that may be sensitive material, I think most people including myself even post it under a heavily filtered LJ entry.

To be up-front and honest I don't think I could ever be fine with John/Teyla as a canon romance. For that matter, any ship -- I just prefer that things were done the way they were in S1-S3 for the most part, with the writers supplying light fodder that can either be ignored or taken as friendship if you chose to. And for the most part I don't think it could really be a contradictory issue because most JT shippers don't see Sparky and most Sparky shippers don't see Sheyla. And those who multiship or do not care could choose to do so.

The show's over though. Nothings going to happen at least ship-wise besides McKeller which is very much so canon. Elizabeth is dead to them and Teyla is with Kanaan except I'm still crossing my fingers for them to pull Elizabeth from space. We're both screwed over ship-wise. Though I personally choose to disregard s4 and s5 as canon a t the moment

<cut>
                              Last edited by Reiko; 12 February 2009, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Your little CazzClone here...
                                I agree! Which is why I make sure he gets credit and is happy in my fan fics! I HATE that he's so alone on the show! *sobs with Cazz*
                                Yay! Although I'm fine with him being unhappy as long as its because he's whumped

I will read your fics I'm just in the middle of Wed's Lost and a fic from one of the girls in the whump thread

And I agree that the best thing they could do is get rid of the useless babysitter (as people on here have called him very accurately!) And you are right, it is weird to not see the interaction between them, whether you ship them or not!
                                Not just useless, invisible And I believe JM used that phrase as well

Comment

Working...
                                X