John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dezrai View Post
    Two very good subjects. I was only like a class short for a minor in English for my undergraduate studies. Liked it a lot, just didn't have time to do another minor. Do you have a favorite time period/writer?

I had initially taken French and it was just by accident that I changed it to English. I am so glad that I did because it over rode my desire to do History so I'm doing a joint Honours, now. Strangely, for as long as I could remember until I was 17 I wanted to be a Forensic Pathologist then I took Chemistry and Biology at Higher (A-level) and hated it, lol.

My favourite period in History is the interwar period in Germany. From Versailles to the outbreak of war in 39. I have always loved it As for English... I don't like any of the writers we have to read, I'll tell you that. I like the Coleridge poetry (Frost at Midnight has to be favourite ) and a smattering of others. I'm doing Romanticism & Modernism as well as Literary Theory. As for LT, Sartre is my favourite theorist and the rest of his fellow "Reader Response" school.

Wow. Babble much? Lol.
    I see nothing wrong with it! LOL
    Lol, thanks

As for the format of tags... check out the stories already written at the comm just to see what we mean. It's not as difficult as I have apparently made it out to be (shifty eyes to Cazz & Snowy)
    EDIT: Snowy, love your icons. That last one of Teyla is almost ethereal.. really brings out her beauty
    don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

So I can tell a perspective during it then add scenes in between and the end?

My Vegas story picks up from where John in laying in the dessert and goes from there, so I'm not sure it works...
      MY TDO picked up right from the end so that would be fine

And does anyone know how many posts you have to have before you can use a custom icon???
      2000... you'll get there a lot faster than it feels now

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
        MY TDO picked up right from the end so that would be fine
        So did my Home story.
        sigpic
        Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
          As for the format of tags... check out the stories already written at the comm just to see what we mean. It's not as difficult as I have apparently made it out to be (shifty eyes to Cazz & Snowy)
          EDIT: Snowy, love your icons. That last one of Teyla is almost ethereal.. really brings out her beauty
          and thank you The pic was thanks to Hope
          Last edited by Snowball; 01 February 2009, 03:35 PM.
          sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
            So did my Home story.
            So did GitM... BAMSR (kind of) aaaannnnd PTW.

Comment

Here's my tag for TMC: It's a bit angsty.
              Dealing With Grief

Spoiler:

He’s seen Elizabeth do this many times, releasing the order to send a fallen member’s belongs back home and with words of condolences to their family. Hell, he’s even done it himself in recent days, but none were harder than this one. All hopes of one day getting Elizabeth back home safely were crushed when he talked to the replicated version of her off world.

He pauses in front of her quarter’s door, trying to will himself to enter her room, but his feet won’t move. He takes a deep breath and sighs regrettably before waving his hands over the crystals to open the doorway.

“John,” Teyla calls out in a mournful way.

He turns around to sees Teyla with an outreached arm, that she places on his upper arm and caresses in comfort.

“This is something that should not be done alone,” she says as she looks into his bloodshot eyes.

He gives her a small grateful smile, “Thank you, Teyla.

They both walk into Elizabeth’s room and look around to view all of her belongings. It’s all so overwhelming to see her personal effects stand before them without any life to them anymore. Teyla walks up to the bedside table and picks up a picture frame. She smiles as she sees Elizabeth laughing as Sedge, still a small puppy, licking her face.

John finds an empty box and slowly, but meticulously chooses items that can go back to her family members, which isn’t a lot. Most of her belong will be sent to the SGC, like her uniforms, personal logs and various items she acquired from the Pegasus Galaxy.

Teyla sees John pick up and stare at an Athosian urn that he gave her for her first birthday in Atlantis. He carefully rotates it in his hands before turning to Teyla, “I think you should have this. Otherwise, it will be… I mean I don’t want to…”

Teyla sees the pain in his eyes and understands what he is trying to say, “I will be honor to keep this. Thank you, John.”

A Marine comes by to bring them totes to store everything, “When you are done, sir. I will come back to get them ready and send them through the gate.” John simply nods his head and the young man leaves quietly after feeling the tension in the room.

After the Marine leaves, Teyla can see that John is not ready to talk about what they all now needing to accept and the recent pain of losing Carson only intensifies their sorrow. Silence soon fills the room and in no time they finish what they came to do.

Before they walk out the room, John pauses, “I really appreciated that you did this with me.”

Teyla just gives him a reassuring smile and an awkward silence fall between them for a moment.

“I got it! We need to get drunk!” John exclaims.

“John, I do not believe that is such a good idea,” Teyla tries to convince him.

“Nope, I think it is a perfect idea,” he gives her a blank look. “I’m gonna do it anyway… so you might as well keep me company.”

Teyla reluctantly agrees and stop by his room first to get a couple of six packs of beer before going to the farthest end of the east pier.

In no time, John sits down, snaps the tab on the can and quickly drinks one down. Teyla watches him without any judgment. She knows that people deal with grief in different ways and since he never allowed himself to grieve for Carson, this moment was a long time coming.

He picks up a second can and offers it to Teyla, “Wish to join me?” He sees her hesitation. “It’s not like you haven’t had a drink with me before and I’m not asking for you to get drunk.” He winks with a boyish smile and she accepts his offer.

Before she gets to finish the one she has, John is starting his fourth. She considers telling him to slow down, but she knows it is pointless.

“You’d think I’d be use to it by now,” he slightly slurs to his words.

Teyla raises her eyebrow to question his statement.

“Death I mean,” be begins before finishing his beer.

“It is a great deal different when it is of one so close. We all deeply loved Elizabeth and it is understandable to be upset. Even John Sheppard is allowed to grieve.”

He sighs in discuss, “I guess so.”

I accept nothing less if something were to happen to Ronon, Rodney or myself.” She interjects. “I just wish that we had included her in more of our social activities.”

“Yeah, I think that’s what’s bothering me the most, for both her and Carson. We always think we have endless time, but we never know.”

John drinks two more beers before Teyla suggests that they go back in and retire for the night. She catches him a few times as he begins to stumble here and there, finally he allows her to assist him to the rest of the way.

She helps him into his room and he clumsily sits on his bed to take his boots off.

“Perhaps I should go and let you rest,” Teyla says as she stands by him.
              He nods his head slowly, but grabs her arm before she turns to leave, “You know this isn’t easy on you either, especially with your people missing. I’m sorry about tonight.” He pauses and sighs briefly. “I know I’m not much for talking but I’m here for you too.”

“I know,” she says with a gentle smile.

“And Teyla,” he begins. “I will get your people back for you. Don’t worry.”

“I have complete faith in you, John. I know you will do your best to get find them.”

John releases her arm and slowly slides into a more comfortable position in his bed.

“If you were ever missing… I would never stop looking for you,” he says sleepily. Teyla smiles as he begins to close his eyes.

“I have no doubt that you would,” Teyla whispers before leaving his room.

The End

Jess, I'll be sending it you way, but take you time betaing.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
                Awww thanks very much and sadly 2,000 but ill bet youll be there in no time
                Oh boy. I was talking to Lil'Ferret (who did my sig) about it and she was hoping it was only 1000 cos she is almost there. I had to tell her it was 2000. She cried (icon).

I had initially taken French and it was just by accident that I changed it to English. I am so glad that I did because it over rode my desire to do History so I'm doing a joint Honours, now. Strangely, for as long as I could remember until I was 17 I wanted to be a Forensic Pathologist then I took Chemistry and Biology at Higher (A-level) and hated it, lol.

My favourite period in History is the interwar period in Germany. From Versailles to the outbreak of war in 39. I have always loved it As for English... I don't like any of the writers we have to read, I'll tell you that. I like the Coleridge poetry (Frost at Midnight has to be favourite ) and a smattering of others. I'm doing Romanticism & Modernism as well as Literary Theory. As for LT, Sartre is my favourite theorist and the rest of his fellow "Reader Response" school.

Wow. Babble much? Lol.

Lol, thanks

I love science too. My undergrad degrees are a BS in Bio with a minor in Chemical physics and a BA in Communication (total opposite sides of the spectrum!)
                So are you doing your undergrad or your grad degrees?
                And I love the babble - feel free to babble all you want!
                &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Oh boy. I was talking to Lil'Ferret (who did my sig) about it and she was hoping it was only 1000 cos she is almost there. I had to tell her it was 2000. She cried (icon).

I love science too. My undergrad degrees are a BS in Bio with a minor in Chemical physics and a BA in Communication (total opposite sides of the spectrum!)
                  So are you doing your undergrad or your grad degrees?
                  And I love the babble - feel free to babble all you want!
                  Undergrad. But if I get my way I'll never leave uni I have plans for St Andrews for my grad but we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                    Dealing With Grief

Spoiler:

He’s seen Elizabeth do this many times, releasing the order to send a fallen member’s belongs back home and with words of condolences to their family. Hell, he’s even done it himself in recent days, but none were harder than this one. All hopes of one day getting Elizabeth back home safely were crushed when he talked to the replicated version of her off world.

He pauses in front of her quarter’s door, trying to will himself to enter her room, but his feet won’t move. He takes a deep breath and sighs regrettably before waving his hands over the crystals to open the doorway.

He turns around to sees Teyla with an outreached arm, that she places on his upper arm and caresses in comfort.

“This is something that should not be done alone,” she says as she looks into his bloodshot eyes.

They both walk into Elizabeth’s room and look around to view all of her belongings. It’s all so overwhelming to see her personal effects stand before them without any life to them anymore. Teyla walks up to the bedside table and picks up a picture frame. She smiles as she sees Elizabeth laughing as Sedge, still a small puppy, licking her face.

John finds an empty box and slowly, but meticulously chooses items that can go back to her family members, which isn’t a lot. Most of her belong will be sent to the SGC, like her uniforms, personal logs and various items she acquired from the Pegasus Galaxy.

Teyla sees John pick up and stare at an Athosian urn that he gave her for her first birthday in Atlantis. He carefully rotates it in his hands before turning to Teyla, “I think you should have this. Otherwise, it will be… I mean I don’t want to…”

Teyla sees the pain in his eyes and understands what he is trying to say, “I will be honor to keep this. Thank you, John.”

A Marine comes by to bring them totes to store everything, “When you are done, sir. I will come back to get them ready and send them through the gate.” John simply nods his head and the young man leaves quietly after feeling the tension in the room.

After the Marine leaves, Teyla can see that John is not ready to talk about what they all now needing to accept and the recent pain of losing Carson only intensifies their sorrow. Silence soon fills the room and in no time they finish what they came to do.

Before they walk out the room, John pauses, “I really appreciated that you did this with me.”

Teyla just gives him a reassuring smile and an awkward silence fall between them for a moment.

“Nope, I think it is a perfect idea,” he gives her a blank look. “I’m gonna do it anyway… so you might as well keep me company.”

Teyla reluctantly agrees and stop by his room first to get a couple of six packs of beer before going to the farthest end of the east pier.

In no time, John sits down, snaps the tab on the can and quickly drinks one down. Teyla watches him without any judgment. She knows that people deal with grief in different ways and since he never allowed himself to grieve for Carson, this moment was a long time coming.

He picks up a second can and offers it to Teyla, “Wish to join me?” He sees her hesitation. “It’s not like you haven’t had a drink with me before and I’m not asking for you to get drunk.” He winks with a boyish smile and she accepts his offer.

Before she gets to finish the one she has, John is starting his fourth. She considers telling him to slow down, but she knows it is pointless.

“It is a great deal different when it is of one so close. We all deeply loved Elizabeth and it is understandable to be upset. Even John Sheppard is allowed to grieve.”

I accept nothing less if something were to happen to Ronon, Rodney or myself.” She interjects. “I just wish that we had included her in more of our social activities.”

“Yeah, I think that’s what’s bothering me the most, for both her and Carson. We always think we have endless time, but we never know.”

John drinks two more beers before Teyla suggests that they go back in and retire for the night. She catches him a few times as he begins to stumble here and there, finally he allows her to assist him to the rest of the way.

She helps him into his room and he clumsily sits on his bed to take his boots off.

He nods his head slowly, but grabs her arm before she turns to leave, “You know this isn’t easy on you either, especially with your people missing. I’m sorry about tonight.” He pauses and sighs briefly. “I know I’m not much for talking but I’m here for you too.”

“I have complete faith in you, John. I know you will do your best to get find them.”

John releases her arm and slowly slides into a more comfortable position in his bed.

“If you were ever missing… I would never stop looking for you,” he says sleepily. Teyla smiles as he begins to close his eyes.

The End

Just wonderful
                    sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
                      Icon time (Dez im an icon crazy so dont freak)
                      Love these Snowy! Especially the first John one and the last Teyla icon...just lovely.
                      Originally posted by scifan View Post
                      Dealing With Grief

Spoiler:

The End

This is wonderful!

Oh and Welcome Dezrai!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Sci, lovely tag. I like the "Eve John Sheppard is allowed to grieve." The bit at the end as well where he tells Teyla he'd never give up... Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by cc_mac View Post
                          Love these Snowy! Especially the first John one and the last Teyla icon...just lovely.

This is wonderful!

Oh and Welcome Dezrai!!
                          Thanks cc
                          sig by Cazzblade

Comment

a 100 yard return for a touch down!?

HAhahahahahahaha!

Comment

Undergrad. But if I get my way I'll never leave uni I have plans for St Andrews for my grad but we'll see
                              I looked round St Andrews when I was looking for a course, it's gorgeous! (and no I did not spend half the day looking at the Golf course seeing as Tiger Woods had just won the open there *shifty eyes* )

My choices for masters at the mo at Leeds or Bradford... lovely...

Just sorting icons Sci, so I'll read your fic soon

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

I just got my lj account please add me as a friend
                                sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Working...
                                X