John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    I'll try to catch up with thread tomorrow, but I wanted to post my thoughts on Prodical.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really enjoyed this ep
    Spoiler:
    I know it doesn't really have any JT moments, but there other great scenes with the rest of the cast.

Loved the "Stun bubble" bit with Rodney and Radek.
    The convo with John and Rodney in the jumper and then Rodney shaking John's hand.... just in case.
    Ronon kicking *** for a bit with Michael. I gasp that when he feel.
    Shep Whump!! And Teyla coming to his rescue!!!!

Ok. I know lots didn't like Teyla holding TJ for the majority of the time, but come on. Would you expect to leave him unattended? I wouldn't care for that either. As soon as she could... she had Amelia take him and Save John.

To me, being blind and wearing shippy glasses, I saw her saving her man and getting rid a major threat to her, her son and Atlantis.
    I loved how she called them, "her people."
    I know she called him Col. Sheppard, wasn't happy with that either, but the time she said it to Michael I could except.

The sad look on John's face when he watched Teyla deal with Michael. I think, and I could be wrong, but I think that he was sad for all she went through and that she was the one that had to do it. (does that make sense?)

I loved him talking it TJ and him calling Teyla "SuperMom".

Did you see that John helped a bit with Teyla when she was fighting Michael? It's quick, but I swear I saw it.

Prodigal
    Spoiler:
    I'm totally with you on the Teyla saving her man point We were talking about this ep in the Pro S5 ep at the end of October and I said the one thing I wanted to happen was Shep in a hand to hand fight with Michael and Teyla having to come along and rescue him!

Also, she does call him John at one point

Originally posted by Spectrum
    I LOVE it! Thanks Cazz!!! Now to get my rotating sig back up and working...
    Hey Spec! It's NP, hope you had a wonderful birthday

Originally posted by TeylaFan View Post
    Well, nobody said you had to post something within the hour. Cazzie was busy, so it took her over a day. Which is fine.

Awesome sig Cazzie!! Love your new style.
    I was busy and then I was pi**ed off for a day

Thanx!

Eh up Laura

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      LOL. Well, like I said - it doesn't matter how long it takes right?
      Just send you my icons! Am I on time?
      *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

LOL. Well, like I said - it doesn't matter how long it takes right?
        Just send you my icons! Am I on time?
        Ages yet

Comment

Ages yet

Ooh, I just checked, deadline is midnight. I thought noon! LOL. Guess I could have made more than those two. But that's ok, I'm not making anything brilliant today anyhow.

So... who's turn is it for the RR? I see Ruby! Maybe she'll join in...

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
            This is what Cazz posted from what was written on JM's blog... even though I've taken anything that man has said as grain of salt and messing with us all the time..since he has never been staight forward in basically anything...but who the heck knows...
            Spoiler:

A significant portion of these fan fics are romantic or sexual in nature, bringing together characters who were denied the opportunity to hook up on t.v. - like Sheppard and Teyla, or Sheppard and McKay, or Sheppard and the Ancient potted plant that was sitting in the gate room when the expedition first arrived on Atlantis.
            What he said is true, though. They HAVE been denied the opportunity to hook up. Doesn't mean they won't eventually lol.

Ah, those ptb.

Grrr.
            don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
              What he said is true, though. They HAVE been denied the opportunity to hook up. Doesn't mean they won't eventually lol.

Ah, those ptb.

Grrr.
              *lol* Well yes putting that way then yeah.. and as you said it doesn't mean they wont down that far road those ptb has done nothing but tease and mess since day one but to put it frank he has never said never really when it came to JT.. he has never fully shot it down.. that realtionship is one he has NEVER been straight on..
              sigpic
              Sigs by Scifan

Comment

I'll try to catch up with thread tomorrow, but I wanted to post my thoughts on Prodical.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really enjoyed this ep
                Spoiler:
                I know it doesn't really have any JT moments, but there other great scenes with the rest of the cast.

The convo with John and Rodney in the jumper and then Rodney shaking John's hand.... just in case.

Ok. I know lots didn't like Teyla holding TJ for the majority of the time, but come on. Would you expect to leave him unattended? I wouldn't care for that either. As soon as she could... she had Amelia take him and Save John.

To me, being blind and wearing shippy glasses, I saw her saving her man and getting rid a major threat to her, her son and Atlantis.
                I know she called him Col. Sheppard, wasn't happy with that either, but the time she said it to Michael I could except.

The sad look on John's face when he watched Teyla deal with Michael. I think, and I could be wrong, but I think that he was sad for all she went through and that she was the one that had to do it. (does that make sense?)

Did you see that John helped a bit with Teyla when she was fighting Michael? It's quick, but I swear I saw it.

JM's blog from the other day:
                Spoiler:
                I'm wondering it that is a certain wording that JM meant.

I know, I'm grasping at straws, but it's the way I'm seeing it.
                We already knew from MG's response at the Con that they weren't going to push JT this year, because of K. Maybe thing would be different if they had another year, I don't know, but what if JM doesn't count the movies and the same as "tv" time. I hope I'm making myself clear.

Like I said, I know I'm really reaching here, but I'm hoping we see some light somewhere. Look at Jack and Sam.
                Hey Lea if you are Coming on Tonight i have a few Pics for you
                Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

An excellent review of The Prodigal

Comment

Originally posted by cc_mac View Post
                    JM blog/JT
                    Spoiler:

I'm angrier at myself than anyone. For getting caught up in their false leads.
                    WTH was the scene in S&R for? Just to get us to hang on through the season and not bail on them? This has such a bad taste of the Sam & Jack debacle of several years ago....next month when school is over and I have time, I'm gonna check the S&J ship thread archives...if they're still around. I'm almost positive it was JM who came into the thread and started posting a bunch of crap around the time of the Pete thing....urging us not to give up on our couple and that he had all the behind the scenes knowledge and that everything would work out. Well, you all know how that went.
                    So, he's up to his same ole tricks and stupid me fell for it again.
                    You're not the only one that fell for it......TWICE Will we ever learn

Prodigal
                    Spoiler:

There was no connection between John and Teyla. We didn't see him react when seeing her and Torren in a room with Michael of all people. Like someone else said, he was more concerned about Ronon than her. And he had no clue where she was for a big part of the ep.
                    I'm just depressed by all this.
                    TPTB have backtracked so many times on JT....
                    Oh didn't you know
                    Spoiler:
                    We only imagined the last four years and JT scenes...It didn't really happen

DAMN YOU PTB...I hate them Please give me SG-1 back

I really enjoyed this ep
                    Spoiler:

Prodigal
                    Spoiler:
                    Well I wasn't chuffed on her holding Torren all this time either but I could understand why she did....She wouldn't let him go when Mikey was still a threat but as soon as she knew the threat from Mikey was over she had no hesitation leaving bambino with Banks (can we keep her instead of Keller )

JM's blog from the other day:
                    Spoiler:
                    I'm wondering it that is a certain wording that JM meant.

I know, I'm grasping at straws, but it's the way I'm seeing it.
                    We already knew from MG's response at the Con that they weren't going to push JT this year, because of K. Maybe thing would be different if they had another year, I don't know, but what if JM doesn't count the movies and the same as "tv" time. I hope I'm making myself clear.

Like I said, I know I'm really reaching here, but I'm hoping we see some light somewhere. Look at Jack and Sam.
                    Childish twits blog
                    Spoiler:
                    Nah....Of this I am sure now...There is not and never will be any JT romance...We've been deluding ourselves for far too long...There was never gonna be JT romance...EVER....Just like Sam/Jack

I'm not gonna get my hopes up anymore just to have them constantly dashed!

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
                    Prodigal/JT

Spoiler:
                    Yeah, at this point, JM pretty much crushed any hope i had of JT. But i've come to except it little by little these last couple of season...so it's getting easier but i'm still very dissapointed for the reasons you just mentioned. I guess we are supposed to believe that all the hinting in the begining and that great dream sequence was just a tease and nothing more.

I'm just going to try and enjoy the little that is left of the show but in a non shipper way since we are not getting anything. Wasn't Martin Gero a JT shipper? where is he lol...can he be in charge of the movie lol!
                    Prodigal/JT
                    Spoiler:
                    Well you know what the twits like....He messes with our heads for fun..Look what he done with the Shweir fans!

Well, nobody said you had to post something within the hour. Cazzie was busy, so it took her over a day. Which is fine.
                    Do you ever give up
                    Spoiler:
                    I'm trying to get my head away from JT now cause it's never gonna happen....Not as long as childish twit is in charge....Maybe they would have a chance if RCC was there but there's no chance with JM there!

Alrady read it I particularly like the part with Banks
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      Do you ever give up
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm trying to get my head away from JT now cause it's never gonna happen....Not as long as childish twit is in charge....Maybe they would have a chance if RCC was there but there's no chance with JM there!
                      Can you guess?

Spoiler:
                      I understand, sorry for pushing you. I just think that even though people have given up on JT in the show, including yourself, we can still create our own little world of JT fanfiction. But then I'm just a dreamer...

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Can you guess?

Spoiler:
                        I understand, sorry for pushing you. I just think that even though people have given up on JT in the show, including yourself, we can still create our own little world of JT fanfiction. But then I'm just a dreamer...
                        Well just gimme time to get used to it and I promise i'll join in next months one
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                          Teyla = goddess need I say more?
                          Spoiler:
                          However Teyla is the ATLANTIS Goddess, if she strays from the Pegasus galaxy well, she has to contend with Li Bing Bing, and Shui Ling for th etitle of all time goddess....

And thanks >^.^< Cazz made it for me
                          Well, Cazz always does an awesome job.

Thanx Sci!

Fatastic update TF!!

Here you go:
                          Spoiler:

Their relationship doesn't make it to the screen, doesn't say anything about what happens off-screen

Thanks Cazz.
                          JM blog
                          Spoiler:
                          I saw it the other day and it didn't hit me that way, but I wouldn't put it past him either.

Awesome job Cazz!!

Originally posted by cc_mac View Post
                          JM blog/JT
                          Spoiler:

I'm angrier at myself than anyone. For getting caught up in their false leads.
                          WTH was the scene in S&R for? Just to get us to hang on through the season and not bail on them? This has such a bad taste of the Sam & Jack debacle of several years ago....next month when school is over and I have time, I'm gonna check the S&J ship thread archives...if they're still around. I'm almost positive it was JM who came into the thread and started posting a bunch of crap around the time of the Pete thing....urging us not to give up on our couple and that he had all the behind the scenes knowledge and that everything would work out. Well, you all know how that went.
                          So, he's up to his same ole tricks and stupid me fell for it again.

Prodigal
                          Spoiler:

There was no connection between John and Teyla. We didn't see him react when seeing her and Torren in a room with Michael of all people. Like someone else said, he was more concerned about Ronon than her. And he had no clue where she was for a big part of the ep.
                          I'm just depressed by all this.
                          TPTB have backtracked so many times on JT....

Beautiful sig, Cazz.
                          Oh!!! I didn't realize he did that.
                          Check this out though. Trio deleted scene

Prodical
                          Spoiler:
                          Ok. I might be too optimistic, but I wonder if the reason for his lack of emotion was to keep them in check around his co workers.

Yes, he was mad to see what had happened to Ronon, yes he was protecting the city, but why show that he was concern for her in FC and then be cold about her welfare in here.

I'm not trying to bring up false hope, really I'm not. But like its been said. Can we really trust what JM says? How many times he says we are going to get one thing, then we get nothing. I'm sure some of it might be scenes they might have had to delete... I don't know.
                          I'm so tired of this head game thing.

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                          I see a problem w/ Michael dead....
                          Spoiler:
                          who's the bad guy now???

ATTENTION CSI:NY DANNY/LINDSAY SHIPPERS!!!!!!! (beware O spoilers!!)
                          Spoiler:
                          Due to Anna Belknaps second pregnancy, Danny and Lindsay are going to have a baby together!!!!! (wikipedia.com)
                          Oh Cool!!
                          Spoiler:
                          I hope they don't screw up this story.

Originally posted by Spectrum
                          LOL! Thank you!!

It's beautiful Donna!! Thanks!!

LOL! Yay for MP's! Thank you!

Thanks Mayra!

I LOVE it! Thanks Cazz!!! Now to get my rotating sig back up and working...

THANK YOU everyone for the birthday wishes!!! Life is keeping me away from my GW home more than I want. I'm off to the galleria to check out all the art I missed! Thank you everyone!!!
                          Sorry that RL is keeping you busy. We really miss you. Hope all is well and that you had a great Birthday.

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
                          I totally understand what you are saying.
                          Spoiler:
                          I also read it like that too but with JM....i don't know. Then with Prodigal and not one hint of JT only Teyla and Kanaan...i just don't know what to think anymore. I'd be sooo happy if he has something planned for the movie between JT but JM definitely has let me down.
                          ITA!!

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                          It's down to the last 4 now in the Het Pairing game, so pop along and support JT....
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=59932&page=24
                          Thanks for the link hun.

Prodigal
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm totally with you on the Teyla saving her man point We were talking about this ep in the Pro S5 ep at the end of October and I said the one thing I wanted to happen was Shep in a hand to hand fight with Michael and Teyla having to come along and rescue him!

Also, she does call him John at one point

Hey Spec! It's NP, hope you had a wonderful birthday

Thanx!

Eh up Laura
                          Ooooo. Good call Cazz! Glad it worked out that way!!!
                          Spoiler:
                          Oh that's right. When she was trying to get a hold of him.
                          Notice she never calls anyone else

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                          Hey Lea if you are Coming on Tonight i have a few Pics for you
                          Ok hun.

Excellent review. ITA with it.
                          Spoiler:
                          I also loved Banks in it.

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                          You're not the only one that fell for it......TWICE Will we ever learn

Oh didn't you know
                          Spoiler:
                          We only imagined the last four years and JT scenes...It didn't really happen

DAMN YOU PTB...I hate them Please give me SG-1 back

Prodigal
                          Spoiler:
                          Well I wasn't chuffed on her holding Torren all this time either but I could understand why she did....She wouldn't let him go when Mikey was still a threat but as soon as she knew the threat from Mikey was over she had no hesitation leaving bambino with Banks (can we keep her instead of Keller )

Childish twits blog
                          Spoiler:
                          Nah....Of this I am sure now...There is not and never will be any JT romance...We've been deluding ourselves for far too long...There was never gonna be JT romance...EVER....Just like Sam/Jack

I'm not gonna get my hopes up anymore just to have them constantly dashed!

Prodigal/JT
                          Spoiler:
                          Well you know what the twits like....He messes with our heads for fun..Look what he done with the Shweir fans!

Do you ever give up
                          Spoiler:

Alrady read it I particularly like the part with Banks
                          I agree. I think we need to keep her too.
                          Spoiler:
                          I BIG part of me knows it, but sadly doesn't want to except it.

Hey hun. Can you do a cap for me?
                          Prodical
                          Spoiler:
                          When Teyla is about to kick Michael off the edge. She looks at John and he looks at her with a sad look. Can you get those shots please? Take your time. Thanks.

Comment

Off to do some Teyla sig from Prodical. BBL

Comment

That was a great review and I agreed with most of it. Prodigal was a great ep mainly because it was an ensemble episode that made use of all the characters and we had at least some sort of team dynamic back. It is sad that the ptpb are choosing to distance JT for the invisible Kanaan and they were too lazy even to develop him ..he just serves to keep Teyla away from John so they don't have to build on that relationship and it gives them more time to devote to the pathetic McKeller relationship.

Prodigal made me even more aware how unneeded Keller was and how much material the writers have under their noses that they don't untilize. I agree with the reviewer on Amelia Banks.. I would prefer more screentime for her anyday over Keller. I am really warming to her character as she has been eased into the show in a very natural way and adds to the other characters development rather than taking away from it as Keller has done

It's a shame that the ptb don't continue on with stories they start and give resolutions to relationships and storylines rather than just brushing them under the carpet pretending they never existed and hoping fans won't notice.. sigh !

Again Prodigal shows how much potential SGA still has and what a great show it still can be, and once again it makes me sad that we are loosing it..
                              sigpic

Comment

Hey hun. Can you do a cap for me?
                                Prodical
                                Spoiler:
                                When Teyla is about to kick Michael off the edge. She looks at John and he looks at her with a sad look. Can you get those shots please? Take your time. Thanks.
                                Sure sci...I've actually got that cap but I haven't uplaoded it yet...After the last batch has finished uploading i'll upload that scene for ya

Off to do some Teyla sig from Prodical. BBL
                                Ooh YAY...*bounces*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X