X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
    Option 1

Great ain't it The text is from Home by Michael Buble

Then, forbid, the complaining wouldn't be that she wasn't in the ep, but that she in it and was set decoration.

You can't win.
    don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
      Wow. It's gorgeous. To go with your vid?
      It wasn't intended to be originally but she asked for a song for the text and seeing as I used that scene in my vid I thought it would fit I'm glad she did

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Then, forbid, the complaining wouldn't be that she wasn't in the ep, but that she in it and was set decoration.
        I wouldn't mind it as much as her not being there at all cos at least I'd have J/T caps for art

Comment

It wasn't intended to be originally but she asked for a song for the text and seeing as I used that scene in my vid I thought it would fit I'm glad she did

me too. It goes very well.

Then I come and taint the "Sheylaness" of Spoils of War with my Teyla/Lorne sig

Comment

Then I come and taint the "Sheylaness" of Spoils of War with my Teyla/Lorne sig
            I've already seen it *shakes head*

Comment

Love the sig Linda!

Lookie what Reiko made me

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...A/JT-Home2.jpg

Thanks cazz Oh and that is gorgeous!

Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
              Enrique! mmmmm....

Dude, please oh please-please-PLEASE send that to TPTB!!!!!

Ok, about all this stuff with Keller-
              Spoiler:
              I don't mind her. Actually, I think she's pretty cool. Now before y'all attack me for saying so, the thing that I am NOT cool with is what TPTB is doing with Teyla's character. I'm not gonna blame Keller cuz it's not her fault. TPTB need to balance out the characters more. Seriously. I know that Keller's the new girl but they need to keep up with the original characters' stories. At first, I thought that they'd give Keller the spotlight for a while, then balance things out, but I guess not *humph*
              So just to clear that up, I'm p*ssed at TPTB, not Keller or any other character.
              I would if i still go onto his blog but I stopped going on a long time ago....But feel free to send it to him

Re Teyla in TLT
              Spoiler:
              I don't get what the deal is.

The way I see it, this is the better option.

What would you have had her do? Her options were as follows

1. Be on the Travellers ship and do nothing other than follow Sheppard around.
              2. Be on the Travellers ship with Zelenka and do nothing other than ask what was going on.
              Both of which consist of her being onscreen but looking stupid.

The best option was the way they went.
              Sheppard respects and trusts her enough to leave her in charge of Atlantis - why not Lorne? She may have been off screen but at least she was doing something that she can do, that compliments her abilities rather than standing about doing nothing.

So seriously, which would you have preferred?
              Spoiler:
              Well she's been pretty much reduced to background material most of the season so I really really wish they would just get it over with and write her out already so I can finally stop watching this piece of drivel...

Why didn't Sheppard stay in charge of Atlantis...He was in charge because Woolsey was busy with the wraith....So it was pretty irresponsible of Shep going off and leaving Atlantis when he's got plenty of military personnel that could have went...What about Lorne,, he's a very capable soldier, why not send him on the mission...

It's ok for fans of other characters to say this because there charatcers don't get shoved into the background almost comstantly or are not even in an ep at all with the exception of Ronon..

Heck even Keller gets more to do now and she's only a doctor...But now she's kung fu Keller and Rambo Keller...It's pathetic the way their treating Rachel and the Teyla character!

*sigh*

I can't agree with this sig. Teyla has changed. She has a baby. So technically she is a baby sitter. But, can I point out... Teyla's not a warrior. *squints* Teyla's original role pre canon was as leader to a peaceful people. She learned to fight but so have most people on Athos, I'm sure.

Sure, I'd like to see more of her but not if it means she's on screen but says nothing, or repeats what a computer tells her. Which is precisely what she would have done in TLT, FC and even, forbid, Daedalus Variations.
              Well that's your prerogative...But when I say baby sitter I meant babysitting Atlantis, not her kid....If TPTB wanted her on screen then they would find a way to write her on screen/...It's very bad and very lazy writing...They have no idea what to do with her so they just ignore her!
              sigpic

Comment

I done the sig a little differently

sigpic

Comment

I've already seen it *shakes head*

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Well she's been pretty much reduced to background material most of the season so I really really wish they would just get it over with and write her out already so I can finally stop watching this piece of drivel...

Why didn't Sheppard stay in charge of Atlantis...He was in charge because Woolsey was busy with the wraith....So it was pretty irresponsible of Shep going off and leaving Atlantis when he's got plenty of military personnel that could have went...What about Lorne,, he's a very capable soldier, why not send him on the mission...

It's ok for fans of other characters to say this because there charatcers don't get shoved into the background almost comstantly or are not even in an ep at all with the exception of Ronon..

Heck even Keller gets more to do now and she's only a doctor...But now she's kung fu Keller and Rambo Keller...It's pathetic the way their treating Rachel and the Teyla character!

Well that's your prerogative...But when I say baby sitter I meant babysitting Atlantis, not her kid....If TPTB wanted her on screen then they would find a way to write her on screen/...It's very bad and very lazy writing...They have no idea what to do with her so they just ignore her!
                  What, so now I'm not a Teyla fan? She may not be my favourite character but I do like to see her on the show. I'm not a Teyla fan because I'd rather see her do something productive?

Maybe Rachel asked for reduced screen time - she did, after all, just have a baby. Her husband has been overseas working so she would need to look after him. We don't know what's been going on behind the scenes but just because I give the powers that be the benefit of the doubt doesn't mean that I'm not a Teyla fan.

They killed off my favourite character but I still watch the show. Your favourite character is still in it, though limited, yes but she's still in it and you're complaining?

If you feel that strongly about watching such 'drivel' maybe you shouldn't watch at all.

Comment

What, so now I'm not a Teyla fan? She may not be my favourite character but I do like to see her on the show. I'm not a Teyla fan because I'd rather see her do something productive?

Maybe Rachel asked for reduced screen time - she did, after all, just have a baby. Her husband has been overseas working so she would need to look after him. We don't know what's been going on behind the scenes but just because I give the powers that be the benefit of the doubt doesn't mean that I'm not a Teyla fan.

They killed off my favourite character but I still watch the show. Your favourite character is still in it, though limited, yes but she's still in it and you're complaining?

If you feel that strongly about watching such 'drivel' maybe you shouldn't watch at all.
                    I thought you were a Shep fan....The only folks that will be happy is the McKay and Keller and McKeller fans...They'll be ecstatic....The rest of us just have to suffer...

We don't know that Rachel asked for reduced time..No one ever said anything about that...And JM did say we'd see alot more Teyla this season so he lied to us....He must have got the words "more" and "less" mixed up..

Sure she's still in it but Keller has stolen everything of Teyla's
                    Spoiler:
                    She can now fight the Wraith, shoot a P90 and by the looks of some pics for an upcoming ep infection i think she can
                    Spoiler:
                    connect with a wrath ship...All they need to do then is to have her connect with the wraith and she will definately be the new Teyla and the old Teyla will be obsolete!

Yeah maybe I should stop watching altogether.....Teyla will more than likely miss more eps this season anyway and most of the eps look like they're gonna revolve around Keller nad McKeller it does seem rather futile and pointless watching this scifi show turned soap opera!
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought you were a Shep fan....The only folks that will be happy is the McKay and Keller and McKeller fans...They'll be ecstatic....The rest of us just have to suffer...

We don't know that Rachel asked for reduced time..No one ever said anything about that...And JM did say we'd see alot more Teyla this season so he lied to us....He must have got the words "more" and "less" mixed up..

Sure she's still in it but Keller has stolen everything of Teyla's
                      Spoiler:
                      She can now fight the Wraith, shoot a P90 and by the looks of some pics for an upcoming ep infection i think she can
                      Spoiler:
                      connect with a wrath ship...All they need to do then is to have her connect with the wraith and she will definately be the new Teyla and the old Teyla will be obsolete!

Yeah maybe I should stop watching altogether.....Teyla will more than likely miss more eps this season anyway and most of the eps look like they're gonna revolve around Keller nad McKeller it does seem rather futile and pointless watching this scifi show turned soap opera!
                      I am a Sheppard fan but my favourite character is Carson. And bringing him back as clone doesn't cut it. I'm becoming a fan of Clone!Carson for very different reasons than I was a Carson fan.

But on the note of Rachel/Teyla, I'm not going to say anything else. I've said my piece and there's no point rehashing old arguments.

Comment

I am a Sheppard fan but my favourite character is Carson. And bringing him back as clone doesn't cut it. I'm becoming a fan of Clone!Carson for very different reasons than I was a Carson fan.

But on the note of Rachel/Teyla, I'm not going to say anything else. I've said my piece and there's no point rehashing old arguments.
                        Oh right, Carson.....DUH *facepalm*

I loved Carson but I just can't get into clone Carson the same I dunno what it is!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh right, Carson.....DUH *facepalm*

I loved Carson but I just can't get into clone Carson the same I dunno what it is!!!
                          It's the angst of Clone!Carson's situation that draws me in.

But I think Paul's hair could be the culprit for some people not getting into Clone! for some reason...

Comment

It's the angst of Clone!Carson's situation that draws me in.

But I think Paul's hair could be the culprit for some people not getting into Clone! for some reason...
                            Your a Carson whumper....I didn't know that

hmmm could be!
                            sigpic

Comment

Alright The Lost Tribe review

Spoiler:
                              I enjoyed the epi,,there was pieces here and there I rolled my eyes at but other then that I really liked it...

We have seen John lose his cool when Teyla is injured or in danger...now it was Teyla's time to lose her cool when John was in danger..how she turned when the explosion hit and didn't hesitate a moment to call for him or run up the stairs searching for him,, glad she was the one to find him first too...

and OH MY...shirtless Shep.. holy... and I'm sure Teyla couldn't help to steal a glance or two *lol* I sure as heck would have in her place

Rodney & Daniel has great chemistry... I like to some degree John & Rodney but I actually enjoy Daniel & Rodney better.. I think Daniel is a really good match and is able to put Rodney in his place in all his sience talk..John can take Rodney down in other ways but Daniel can take him down in his own field...
                              Liked the whole scene when Daniel finds out they are Asgards.. and then the scene where Rodney is pretty much pleading for his life with a suit *lol*

I was so darn sceptical of the Traveler chick..since once again it would be a pretty young woman dressed in leather.. but I have to say I perfer her over Larrin...atleast she was acted out like a normal person and not some walking sex talking dominatrix *lol*

Rolled my eyes at the Larrin talk... but I really didn't get that much from John,,, I don't know what it was ...I think in a way it felt for me that he is used to women swooning over him,,and I think he kinda tested out if she had been affected by him as basically all women.. it might have been taken a tad bit to far...but I got to say I rather take this woman then Larrin anyday...atleast she was just there for her part and being not there for being shoved at John as another sexbomb.. so I'm glad they went this way with this woman.. and I do hope I don't have to see or hear about Larrin ever again...they do tend to show John off all weird and goofy and childish when she is mentioned...and I don't need to see that stupidity...

Ronon shooting stuff...why am I not surprised that is the way he has learned the ship *lol*
                              Keller... uhm don't know really what to say about her.. just that I'm glad hopefully this damn triangle is over and done with since she seems to have chosen Rodney.. (I think) *lol*

Woolsey wanting the place blown up ...good for him..he has truly come through this season...

Teyla being left behind on Atlantis...pretty much saw that one coming..John was the one to have to go I get that since he knows pretty much any aircraft and can fly them in his sleep...not to mention isn't Travelers ships like the Ancient ships.. so I guess it is understandble that he has to go..and we all know this is John we are talking about..he isn't about to let anyone do any dirty work for him...if he wont do it himself or risk things or his life... he isn't going to send anyone to risk it in his place if he can help it...
                              And we have gotten to know..Teyla is pretty much his second in command..so when he is out he will leave it over to her.. even though yes I would have loved to see more of Teyla in the epi..I can understand John asking her to stay there and take charge..she is the one he will always trust not only with his life but he trusts her to take care of the people aournd if he never makes it back...

And also as I know I've said before...we don't know if Rachel has asked for a lighter schedule since having a baby of her own... just as Anna did on CSI NY when she had her daughter.. which means they leave her in the lab more..she isn't out in the field to much.. she had just small scenes..didn't come into an epi late or was in the beginning but dissapeared somewhere down the line... it isn't easy trying to combine this kind of work in this business and being a mother.. this high profile shows shoot like over 12 hours a day... and what mother would leave their small child for such a long time.. and it's even harder if the husband is in the same business and might not be home at times..shooting overseas or something...

We know Teyla is in the episodes to come..we have seen promo pics of her... and like next weeks epi...we have seen her she is with the team..on some planet so she is there with her team..by John's side as she should be...

So do I detest Keller because of this...I might be annoyed with how much she is getting and what they are having her do..it's like Carson all over again..in stead of being what they are...doctors ...they shove them in other things..knowing how to fight..fire a P90 and all that ...and that is taking it way to far.. I'm just glad that she seems to have chosen...so are we done with this stupid triangle... and can we now focus on another couple that needs to move forward.. *lol*

So chill out and don't give up... there is always something that annoys me in shows.. but if the show itself is good enough I will still watch it... take CSI NY.. I was so pissed the writers wrote Danny as cheating on Lindsay.. but I'm still a fan of the show... I didn't give up on it.. and I'm still a Danny/Lindsay fan... not going to give that up no matter what... and I wont give up on the show either.. since it is good on it's own.. even there they could do with better balancing with the cast..it's way to much Mac and Stella..and Mac is the all knowing super hero..getting pretty annoying but I'm still hanging in there *lol* because I love the show...and I love Atlantis.. John isn't a major developed character either and he usually ends up getting the less kind of things if we compare to McKay...but I still hang in there because I love the show on it's own...

Well that was my review of the epi....
                              Last edited by NinaM; 11 October 2008, 03:23 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Sigs by Scifan

Comment

*sigh*

I can't agree with this sig. Teyla has changed. She has a baby. So technically she is a baby sitter. But, can I point out... Teyla's not a warrior. *squints* Teyla's original role pre canon was as leader to a peaceful people. She learned to fight but so have most people on Athos, I'm sure.

Sure, I'd like to see more of her but not if it means she's on screen but says nothing, or repeats what a computer tells her. Which is precisely what she would have done in TLT, FC and even, forbid, Daedalus Variations.
                                Well the writers should be able to have her on screen and have something to say... but its obvious they dont have a clue what to do with her. So they bring in Keller and don't seem to have any problem in putting her in practically every scene. Why not have Teyla on the Daedalus in the first place.. you dont change who you are because you have a baby but the tpb seem to think Teyla should... she is now a mommy and should be tucked away out of harms way.. whilst in reality they just dont know what to do with her.

Why is it so difficult to give Teyla something to do...she is a far more realistic character than keller ever will be..
                                I have always seen Teyla as a warrior and a leader and she said things didnt change in her culture when women were pregnant and I would have thought that living with the threat of the wraith constantly she would have been used to living with danger. But the ptb have turned her into some little suburban wife, but that is not who Teyla is.. to me she is a warrior and a leader and I would like to see her act like one again... those things dont have to change because she is a mother.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X