No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, just dropping in to check on everyone, make sure we're all holding up ok after the bad news

Wish i could stay longer, but i've got to get some sleep, so g'night *hugs* and sweet JT dreams...
    --Kate

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
      Can someone please tell me some good Sheppard/Teyla episodes?
      Suspicion, Conversion, The Gift, The Ark, The Long Goodbye...
      Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Oooh, forgot about Conversion, thanks for the list, Padme! -is going to watch after her 'sad movie weekend' is at an end-
        sigpic

Comment

*NEW*05x07 WHISPERS

Watch a preview on the new episode called Whispers airing September 5.
          MGM Promo
          Not up yet
          SciFi promo
          http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=522381#videoid=526441
          sigpic
          Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Hi everybody !
            How are you all ? Where did everyone go I find us at the end of page 2
            The Shrine was so bad ?
            Spoiler:
            I need your comment because form what i've read from the thread (I know I couldn't wait I wasn't exited by this ep so i hoped to be motivated) and i'm disappointed from what i've read so Rodney ahas the right to say I love you to keller and where is the JT ? I would answer all of this when I will see it

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
            I am so furious!!! There's more info on Universe on the front page! They basically say that they don't care about the existing fans they want new ones. At that all TV show have a lifespan! That's the problem ATLANTIS' HAS BEEN CUT OFF EARLY!
            Wow i feel so insulted that my first reaction was to laugh this is the thing the more stupid or worst I'm totally stupid how did they expect to win people while to be honnest they can have so great fans I mean not every show have followers as sci fi show and Stargate has. Besides people who don't like sci fi and believe I know a lot of them don't like it not matter what happened I tried more than once to conquier people
            Originally posted by Cherish4 View Post
            I'll definitely be using this!

Well put Sci.

Couldn't agree with this more.

Here here Nina! I for one am definitely NOT tuning into SGU!

Just thought I'd share with you all, the comment that I've left on JM's Blog:

.."I have to say that yes, I never expected that Atlantis would go on as long as the incredible 10 years SG-1 had and I’m also pleased that at least we’ll get a resolution of sorts in episode 100. And whilst I’m also equally relieved to hear that the characters will carry on in at least one movie, with the possiblity of more, I have to admit that I’m completely devasted by the news of the show’s cancellation.

I genuinely, honestly thought that the show had a couple of good seasons of stories left in it to tell and I can’t help but be angry at the thought that SGU might have played a significant role in Atlantis’ demise/radical change. Personally I’d rather have 2 more great seasons of Atlantis before bidding it farewell, than a new Stargate show any day.

I feel like someone has snuck up and pulled the rug out from under me, leaving me feeling hurt and bruised..."
            Very well said and beautiful
            Originally posted by maffieg View Post
            WHAT?? What is going on?? Is this true? No more SGA!!!

I am completely shocked and heartbroken. I can't imagine how our SGA cast can be feeling?

This is so sad. I need a moment to put my thoughts together.
            Maff HUGS yeah this is really a sad news but I'm happy to see you
            Originally posted by NinaM View Post
            I do hope we as a JT family will stay in touch..and still come here and be able to chat about our favorite couple and the movies that will be...

I know it's been lost in all the madness and all the sadness that is at the moment...but it's Atlantis day...a new epi today...we still have 15 episodes left to go so let's savour them truly and let's keep the faith in what we love.. and to keep on looking forward to this and to talk about and squee if there is anything good... we need to stay strong..and we should stay strong TOGETHER... so people it's The Shrine tonight..I wont see it before tomorrow...but the ones that can see it tonight live..do and keep showing your support for our beloved show...
            HUGS I really hope you know I'm really happy of what SGA brings to me and in this it's really a JT family you're all awesome and it makes my day to come in here and see you
            Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
            Well said Nina i will still come here as its the Only place i come onto every day and as i said Earlier at Least Atlantis is not dead and Buried like some of the Shows that ive liked never to be seen again i just hope when it comes to the Movies that all the the Cast will be available as it just wont be the Same im keeping my fingers crossed we still get some Nice Jt ,angst or special Moments between them although ill miss the Thread next week as im going to be Moving so ill be Posting all my Birthday gifs for everyone this weekend
            ITA HUGS
            And no worries... you all mean a lot to me...I think you are all the ones I talk to most online these days... so I will be here... I'll still be here chatting about JT with you guys... chatting with you all about the upcoming movies.. and hopefully my insperation will still be there and I can share my videos with you guys... and I'll keep on doing my link post until you all get tired of it *lol* sorry though I haven't done it now for a few days..but since I've felt so crappy and been laying on the couch coughing and sleeping and all... I just haven't had the energy to be on the net and looking for links... so as soon as I feel better they will be back up..hopefully as soon as tomorrow when I got the day off... but do not worry this is one JT family member you wont get rid off
            Oh I hoped you felt better by now I hope it will pass soon rest well and you're not lucky there is no chance that we get tired of your post links
            Well apart from horrified with this news. I'm not too bad. Optimism being relied on to keep me happy.
            Great philosophy you're right after all SGA isn't finished and as I'm happy to read it it gives us great things as great friends in our old days we will remember the good old serie and the thread that we make live the JT lol
            Im still here as im trying to stay on as much as i can because i wont be on for a few weeks and im going to miss alll you Guys
            We'll miss you too a lot
            Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            Gruop hug
            Join in the group hug
            hey I haven't left yet just got caught up reading some news. Can't wait for tonights eppy.
            Did you see it was it good ?

I hope so im just wondering if anyone has read Jms blog about the Films at all according to him i think it says he has locked the whole of the cast for the Moviehttp://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/
            Great thank you so much for the link
            Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            Oh I got me some addresses from someone in the Fight for SGA thread
            Thanks for the adresses
            Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
            Big hugs to Asgard, Cazz, and Linda!!! Hugs to MrsB, TF, Sci, Maff, LC and Camy as well!

I'm having too much trouble with the internet connection at work. The pages are uploading too slow. Wow...there is a lot of pages to go through!
            HUG to you I hope your connection will be better yeah I agree there is really a lot of pages to catch
            Originally posted by gater101 View Post
            I certainly do

Yup. Shepp whump, too. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4414610/4/Guardian <thats chapter four tho

^^^^

It is, ya?? Hee hee. I'll just marry Bruce Wayne first

Excellent! We're pretty much sorted! I've got a set designer handy too!
            Great a new chapter I will read it as soon as i can

Spoiler:
            I must say that to those who want to still watch SGU. Please don't think I am telling you that you shouldn't watch it. Your equally free to watch whatever you like. I just know that I can't..there's no maybe about it...I can't and won't even if by some miraculous power it is mind blowing. My Stargate days end with SGA.

However, I will always be a JT fan and friend to the JT family.
            HUGS
            sigpic
            Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

The Shrine..

Spoiler:
              There was very little about the episode that I enjoyed. Rodney dying and senile just doesn't float my boat. I didnt feel any emotion at all during this ep and a lot of the reaction by the team was a rehash of TOR down to JoHn refusing to say good bye to him. It was a treat for McSheps and obviously for McKeller.. we wait for over four years for something between JT but get Rodney proclaiming is love for Keller after a few weeks and she seems to know him better and care for him more than any of his team who have known him for 4 years.... Teyla the other main character who has been on the show for over 4 years once again was regulated to background scenery.. KELLER was front and centre in this ep.

So unless you are a McShep fan or a McKeller fan there isnt a lot that the show has to offer as these two relationships are the only ones that get any attention... The ptb has said in the past they wont let main characters get together but now that doesnt seem to be an issue.

Still zero John/Teyla interaction and I dont think we have seen any since search and resue. John has more screentime with Keller than he has with anyone else... oh besides McKay of course.. So the Shrine wasnt my cup of tea at all.
              sigpic

Comment

Loved The Shrine!!!

Spoiler:
                It had me blubbing from the first scene Shep and Rodney were just soooo adorable the whole way though! The PJ's scene... *sighs* And the Arthur bit seemed like an adlib, that was a very JF reaction!

Didn't Shep and Teyla look utterly gorgeous all wet! And Teyla had her fab green coat again! I want that coat

And shock of all shocks I didn't hate McKeller It didn't ruin the ep! Waaaaay too early for him to say he love her but... I'm trying to be positive

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                  The Shrine..

Spoiler:
                  There was very little about the episode that I enjoyed. Rodney dying and senile just doesn't float my boat. I didnt feel any emotion at all during this ep and a lot of the reaction by the team was a rehash of TOR down to JoHn refusing to say good bye to him. It was a treat for McSheps and obviously for McKeller.. we wait for over four years for something between JT but get Rodney proclaiming is love for Keller after a few weeks and she seems to know him better and care for him more than any of his team who have known him for 4 years.... Teyla the other main character who has been on the show for over 4 years once again was regulated to background scenery.. KELLER was front and centre in this ep.

So unless you are a McShep fan or a McKeller fan there isnt a lot that the show has to offer as these two relationships are the only ones that get any attention... The ptb has said in the past they wont let main characters get together but now that doesnt seem to be an issue.

Still zero John/Teyla interaction and I dont think we have seen any since search and resue. John has more screentime with Keller than he has with anyone else... oh besides McKay of course.. So the Shrine wasnt my cup of tea at all.
                  I agree with all of what you said but my opinion on the ep
                  Spoiler:
                  Asmuch as i wanted to hate it it's the contrary I really like it and I wanted to cry there was too muc talk so i didn't understoo everything but if it had been in french I would have cried. I love too much David Hewlet is an amazing actor and I like Rodney to don't like this ep. Fortunately it's what constitute most of the ep because except this I hated all of the rest.

I won't speak of McKeller because I don't want to seem stupid. I'm stupid because I'm jealous how did they have all of this and fortunately for me I wasn't a Ronon Keller shipper but really a Rodney Keller but I'm really disappointed that he can declare himself. I was even sad for Rononwhen e said to her good job and the look that he gave her. I was really saad.

Until now I liked Keller she wasn't my fav but she had good chemistry with Teyla fortunately her role were more or less shy so I haven't a problem but if it was THE ep to make me luike her think the autors made an error. I mean I like her in Missing (I know I'm probably the only one but she made me laugh and think of me) but in this ep I really hated what I read once that everywhere Keller is she divided the team. In the time of Carson when one member had a prblem everybody was here. Once again Rodney is the fifth wheel (did we say this ?) nobody care fortunately they bring Keller. While everybody proove how much they care for him except when Rodney goes to Shep (great scene but once again a pure Shep McKay moment) the team can't approach him. Everywhere Keller is here to survey him and at this point it seems like censure. Why didn't she wanted to bring him she isn't the only one to care her sister too I think.

But it leads to another point the ep had no point if Keller hadn't face everybody to show her love and start the triangle and show how much Rodney loves Keller there was no point. the ep was a repetition of what we saw yet (even if of all the eps where McKay was dying and show us his amazing acting skills and friendship this is only when heis dying that he can how he cares for the others but this is an established point it was definitely my fav) but we saw it yet it brings nothing and once again everybody is behind.

Finally we can thanks Keller because without this love triangle Ronon would have stayed behind yeah because don't you see how much he cares for Rodney w needed Keller to support this point because I fear that without her he woiuld have had as much line as Teyla.

Jeanie I'm not a fan I like her I like the actress probably more than the character but I can't understand why everybody share so much love for her yeah she isgreat but only because she is related to his brither and to be honnest she's an excellent actress it's why I felt so much fo her and the fact that he is her brother becasue she was a lot in the background too.

As for JT I don't even know what to say this week Teyla was a lot less cold than the last time with John and this week it's John who is all business. I start to believe that once again we were mis lead and with what happen to the Rodney Keller I'm really disappointed added to the fact that SGA is canceld and that to be honnest there can be infinite stories I think I'm more sensitive to the JT and nothing at all for almost half of the season it starts to be really long for me and tiring as ths Mac Rabb thing in Jag where in the last ep it happened nothing at all.

Ok you will say with all of that dislike why did I say that I like it because the story was well writn and poignant as i said I love DH and Rodney isn't my fav but I like him a lot and I find this ep better than the same one that we had that I can't even rememberthe name ToR ? But I don't see it as a good ep for keller and if people like her better so the authors are right and it's me who is really stupid (when they say they want to give her story tfor people to like her) it's what people expected for Teyla and in the case of Keller the story was bad in the sense that I think people watch Stargate for friendship in front of thge team and she breaks this dinamic is it possible that the authors were right and a love story between main character broke something ?
                  sigpic
                  Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                    Loved The Shrine!!!

Spoiler:
                    It had me blubbing from the first scene Shep and Rodney were just soooo adorable the whole way though! The PJ's scene... *sighs* And the Arthur bit seemed like an adlib, that was a very JF reaction!

Didn't Shep and Teyla look utterly gorgeous all wet! And Teyla had her fab green coat again! I want that coat

And shock of all shocks I didn't hate McKeller It didn't ruin the ep! Waaaaay too early for him to say he love her but... I'm trying to be positive

I agree...
                    Spoiler:
                    I do think it was an adlib and a veery touching recollection by Shep of a friend.

Did you notice that Shep was dressed very *Joe* like? The T-shirt and the wrist braid, very JF.

As for the early profession of his *love*, makes me feel as if TPTB wanted to make sure the feelings were out there for all to know and see. Like BA said I find this aspect a bit disappointing, because all of a sudden we have had Rodney involved in not 1, but now 2 *serious* relationships and *kirking* Shep cann't even maintain one and they were all with Ancients

As for the coat...I've got dibs!! MINE, MINE,MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I know it wasn't JT heavy tonight, but we have to give credit where credit is due.
                      I personally thought that David killed that performance. Kate did the same thing. I mean it was so great how they showed him deterirate. I was sitting there crying when his sister went in the room and saw him the way he was. It was so good. Honestly speaking I think this had some of the best acting I've seen from all of them.
                      The way Ronon reacted was a surprise to me. I mean he showed some deep emotion there. I never expected that.
                      The peer scene with John was so sweet. One of the parts I cried most on was the part where Rodney runs to Johns room. It brought memories of my aunt and how she reacted when my cousin ever left her alone. It was so sad and moving.
                      The way Keller cared so much was really sweet. The last scene with him telling her that he loved her was great because she knows how he truly feels, but there has to be some doubt in her mind now. Like when will he ever say that to her again.

The only thing that still is upsetting to me is that Teyla faded to the background. Her and John not having any interation at all is really annoying me now. They are both acting the same way. There are some unresolved issues that need to be fixed before the series is over.
                      Last edited by mcdonaldldcm; 23 August 2008, 08:02 AM. Reason: Spoiler

Comment

Hi mcdonaldldcm... Welcome to the JT thread...

Could you please put you post behind spoiler tags as a lot havn't seen the episode and all season 4 and 5 eps have to be behind spoilers tags.

Click on the box with the exclamation mark at the top of the box and put at the front and the end of your post.

or you can type it...

thanks
                        sigpic

Comment

Re: The Shrine:

I think my favorite parts were the shots of the city. Beautiful.

Spoiler:
                          I liked the ep overall, but not that Teyla was completely marginalized. And John barely noticed her at all. I know the ep centered on Rodney, and I think David did a wonderful job. I could really tell that the actors are friends. It came right through.

Comment

Ah yes... a very good reminder...we will have to need to do that as well...anything that has to be with Atlantis we need to support...and that means the books as well...I have them all and I tend to buy the ones that will be out ... and I hope they will continue on with them as well...
                            Hi, Nina!

I plan to get them all but don't have all of them yet. I just hope they keep making them. Actually, I hope they open submissions up again so I can pitch an idea. LOL.

I didn't see any info on subbing Atlantis novels.

Comment

Originally posted by Doxymom View Post
                              Hi, Nina!

I plan to get them all but don't have all of them yet. I just hope they keep making them. Actually, I hope they open submissions up again so I can pitch an idea. LOL.

I didn't see any info on subbing Atlantis novels.
                              I have them all so far...I bought Mirror Mirror now last...have to get it at the post office today... *lol* so that will make it my 9th Atlantis novel... and I plan to get the rest...I think they have 2 more coming out this year...
                              sigpic
                              Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Just a quick post y'all!

The Shrine.....
                                Spoiler:
                                I was surprised by The Shrine. It was better than I thought it was going to be. Mainly because of JF's and JM's performances. DH was very good also. I have to say that I was in tears in the scene with his sister and then her having to leave and crying. I have to say that this ep hit home with me. My Grandma had Demensa and Parkinson's disease. And, yes, it was very bad. Where Rodney was running down the hall calling for John was deja vu all over for me. He was still in some recongnition stages. I love how John didn't take it lightly at all. Ronon, my God! I loved how he told Woolsey if you don't then you're wrong! and also that he owes to him! I do not like how Teyla was like wallpaper to a certain degree and that is not fair for her. Now, Keller was wrong to prolong him not going for the deterioration of Rodney's mind. I know that she is a doctor, but, Jeanne really stepped up and just told her that they were taking him! Good for her! It seemed to me that they were getting a little fed up with why she wouldn't release him to go. Some of the expressions from Shep was as if he wanted to slap her.

How many lines of dialog did Teyla actually have? Was it even 6 lines. I'm not sure, they gave it all to Keller.

I love how Shep said that he got a little damp dialing the DHD! That is a great line! Mine you he was so HOT wet! WetShep, Baby!

Is not one of my fave eps, no. It's annoying how they shoving the 'McKeller' as it has been coined down our throats like the whole TK thing. That sucks!

You know, if had been Carson (even the clone) he would have been dogmatic about letting Rodney go also, but, he would've cleared them to go a lot sooner and wouldn't have had to have Jeanne make him do it. He would've actually admitted that all the testing and stuff wasn't working. But, hey, who knew!

Last edited by Elflinn; 23 August 2008, 12:22 PM.
                                1-800-Iluv-JandT
                                sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Working...
                                X