• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cherish4 View Post
    I'll definitely be using this!

Well put Sci.

Couldn't agree with this more.

Here here Nina! I for one am definitely NOT tuning into SGU!

Just thought I'd share with you all, the comment that I've left on JM's Blog:

.."I have to say that yes, I never expected that Atlantis would go on as long as the incredible 10 years SG-1 had and I’m also pleased that at least we’ll get a resolution of sorts in episode 100. And whilst I’m also equally relieved to hear that the characters will carry on in at least one movie, with the possiblity of more, I have to admit that I’m completely devasted by the news of the show’s cancellation.

I genuinely, honestly thought that the show had a couple of good seasons of stories left in it to tell and I can’t help but be angry at the thought that SGU might have played a significant role in Atlantis’ demise/radical change. Personally I’d rather have 2 more great seasons of Atlantis before bidding it farewell, than a new Stargate show any day.

I feel like someone has snuck up and pulled the rug out from under me, leaving me feeling hurt and bruised..."
    Very well said Cherish....

You know i've never seen so many pissed of fans before....And i've neber seen GW so active like it has been the last couple of days!!!
    sigpic

Comment

WHAT?? What is going on?? Is this true? No more SGA!!!

I am completely shocked and heartbroken. I can't imagine how our SGA cast can be feeling?

This is so sad. I need a moment to put my thoughts together.
      Spoiler:
      Maffieg

Comment

Originally posted by Anlaria Onyx View Post
        I don't think I can support SGU either. But I will still continue to buy every piece of Atlantis merchandise I can get my hands on. I don't think boycotting SGA would help any bit either. Besides I still haven't gotten season 4. But I'm definitely gonna start stocking up on the books, I need something to do on Fridays now... *sigh*
        Oh I will keep on supporting SGA and buy the merchandise with Atlantis...I got the DVDs ,,and I'll buy the movies when they come out... I got all of the books...I got the seasons companions... and as long as there is Atlantis stuff I will have it...SGU ..well that can go and blow itself somewhere else..not buying anything of that..and wont support it either..I'm not supporting anything that has been in the favour of sacrificing the one show that should have gone on...
        sigpic
        Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
          Oh I will keep on supporting SGA and buy the merchandise with Atlantis...I got the DVDs ,,and I'll buy the movies when they come out... I got all of the books...I got the seasons companions... and as long as there is Atlantis stuff I will have it...SGU ..well that can go and blow itself somewhere else..not buying anything of that..and wont support it either..I'm not supporting anything that has been in the favour of sacrificing the one show that should have gone on...
          Yep I am so with ya here!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
            I am so furious!!! There's more info on Universe on the front page! They basically say that they don't care about the existing fans they want new ones. At that all TV show have a lifespan! That's the problem ATLANTIS' HAS BEEN CUT OFF EARLY!

They said they want to try to appeal to an even broader fan base and pick up some younger fans too. (Stargate is most popular with the "middle age" fanbase at the moment). They did not say they want to ditch the current fanbase.

I for one will give SGU a chance. If I don't like the characters, I won't continue to watch it. If I like them, I will. It's as simple as that.

They deny SGA was cancelled for SGU. It may or may not be true. Who knows. But even if true, it would be only a tiny fraction of all the reasons for the cancellation. Yes, it totally sucks. I remember people saying this same type of thing five years ago when SGA first came out. A lot of SG1 fans were furious at the idea and some even to this day have not given SGA a chance and consider it an annoying step child at best. They at least weren't even cancelled at the same time like we're seeing now with SGA.

At this point, I'm grateful for the movies at least. One two hour movie once a year for a few years is nothing compared to 20 hours of new episodes a year of course, but it's more than most cancelled shows get.

I'll take it.

And yes, to Mrs. B's question, YES.
            Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

My thoughts on the topic at hand

Spoiler:
              Well as my initial post said I am shocked. I read that a lot of people saw this coming but I for one didn't. I was sure there would be a sixth season. SGA is a great show and I know sometimes there have been disappointments but it was still very good. Better than most shows on scifi. I was a SG1 fan but SGA made me even more of a fan. It actually made me sign up on forums, ship for a couple, make art, laugh, cry, complain and best of all find a wonderful new family.

I feel for the cast-Joe, David, Rachel and Jason and all others. I applaud these people for giving the best that they got. I can honestly say that there is no show on scifi that has grabbed my time and attention as much as SGA.

So they cancel SGA to start up SGU and in their thinking, us fans(Us the Mindless cretins we must be of course) will switch gear and turn to the only left stargate outlet they have out there. I for one refuse to be herded like cattle to that watering hole. I was very loyal to them so the least I'd expect is the same appreciation for that loyalty. I will not watch that show and unfortunately I hope vehemently that it fails. I have no wish to see new actors and actresses as I haven't got to see the ones I really love.

Still here's hope that JT will survive in the movies and that this season turns out explosive. I will always be around as I will miss you guys too much.

Well I think that's it for now. Maybe I will have more bile later.

Love for my JT family

Spoiler:
              Maffieg

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
                They said they want to try to appeal to an even broader fan base and pick up some younger fans too. (Stargate is most popular with the "middle age" fanbase at the moment). They did not say they want to ditch the current fanbase.

I for one will give SGU a chance. If I don't like the characters, I won't continue to watch it. If I like them, I will. It's as simple as that.

They deny SGA was cancelled for SGU. It may or may not be true. Who knows. But even if true, it would be only a tiny fraction of all the reasons for the cancellation. Yes, it totally sucks. I remember people saying this same type of thing five years ago when SGA first came out. A lot of SG1 fans were furious at the idea and some even to this day have not given SGA a chance and consider it an annoying step child at best. They at least weren't even cancelled at the same time like we're seeing now with SGA.

At this point, I'm grateful for the movies at least. One two hour movie once a year for a few years is nothing compared to 20 hours of new episodes a year of course, but it's more than most cancelled shows get.

I'll take it.

And yes, to Mrs. B's question, YES.
                Well It's a bit of a coincidence that the day after announcing SGA Is cancelled they turn around and say SGU has the green light.....So what are we expected to believe...That It was mere coincidence...Aye right....They must think we're really that stupid to not be able to put two and two together....

As for SG-1..Well I was a fan from the very beginning and I was sad to see it go but I wasn't really happy with S9 and 10 and I knew It was time for It to end....It had a good run but It didn't get dumped or cut down in it's prime like Atlantis did.....

So they want to keep their current fanbase huh...Well they've got a funny way of showing it....The way they've went about this is gonna lose them a heck of alot of fans and i'll be one of them so they better hope and pray they get new fans or else they've be in big trouble...

I've been a fan since the original movie came out and although I will always and forever support SG-1 and Atlantis whatever form we get them in I will never support SGU....I have lost all respect for those involved in screwing us over like this like we didn't exist!
                sigpic

Comment

I do hope we as a JT family will stay in touch..and still come here and be able to chat about our favorite couple and the movies that will be...

I know it's been lost in all the madness and all the sadness that is at the moment...but it's Atlantis day...a new epi today...we still have 15 episodes left to go so let's savour them truly and let's keep the faith in what we love.. and to keep on looking forward to this and to talk about and squee if there is anything good... we need to stay strong..and we should stay strong TOGETHER... so people it's The Shrine tonight..I wont see it before tomorrow...but the ones that can see it tonight live..do and keep showing your support for our beloved show...
                  sigpic
                  Sigs by Scifan

Comment

I do hope we as a JT famaily will stay in touch..and still come here and be able to chat about our favorite couple and the movies that will be...

I know it's been lost in all the madness and all the sadness that is at the moment...but it's Atlantis day...a new epi today...we still have 15 episodes left to go so let's savour them truly and let's keep the faith in what we love.. and to keep on looking forward to this and to talk about and squee if there is anything good... we need to stay strong..and we should stay strong TOGETHER... so people it's The Shrine tonight..I wont see it before tomorrow...but the ones that can see it tonight live..do and keep showing your support for our beloved show...
                    Well said Nina i will still come here as its the Only place i come onto every day and as i said Earlier at Least Atlantis is not dead and Buried like some of the Shows that ive liked never to be seen again i just hope when it comes to the Movies that all the the Cast will be available as it just wont be the Same im keeping my fingers crossed we still get some Nice Jt ,angst or special Moments between them although ill miss the Thread next week as im going to be Moving so ill be Posting all my Birthday gifs for everyone this weekend
                    Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

I do hope we as a JT family will stay in touch..and still come here and be able to chat about our favorite couple and the movies that will be...

Yes I'm not going anywhere...I'll still be here...That's what happens when you've not got a life But Stargate Is my life

So yes I'll be watching SGA but I won't see it till tomorrow night because I've got the football tomorrow so I won't be in till 6:45 tomorrow night UK time!!!

About JT
                      Spoiler:
                      I really do believe now after all that's happened over the last couple of days that they are building up to something with JT..

They wouldn't be so cruel to give us that romantic dinner dream sequence for nothing would they....No JM wouldn't do that to us after everything that's happened....

Now you know how Teyla has been a little um how should i put this....Um...You could say distant with John lately...Well what If there's a reason for it...She could be struggling with her feelings and the only way she can handle it at the moment is to keep a distance between her and John hence why she's calling him Colonel lately and keeping things more formal....She might be finally realising her feelings and maybe it scares her so she's taking a step back to try figure things out.....So what do ye think....Am i clutching at straws
                      sigpic

Comment

Welll I guess that was the biggest fatest confirmation on WHY SGA was canceled...to make way to the boring Stargate Universe...a show that is ship based flying around the galaxy to place out stargate in orbit or whatever...oh how fun that sounds like...*NOT* I've seen Star Trek thank you very much and those shows is not in my taste... Battlestar Gallactica a most shipbased show I think,,hate that one.. so all I say to the third show is *SNORE*

They can say whatever they want...if you cancel a very well loved show.. and then the next day you get a slap in the face with the news that the new show has been given green light...then they can say whatever they want until they are blue in the face.. but if you keep telling how hard it is to have to shows at the same time..how much work it needs to be into it..how much it costs and yada yada... then I see only one thing..SGA was sacrificed for the new show which from the sounds of it are going to be a really expensive show.. if they are talking about it gets more worse when the costs goes up and all that...yeah good luck with a show that seems then to be even more expensive then the shows has been before since the start...I guess it's because they will need more FX.. because of being in space all the time.. and might end up in my space battles then Atlantis for example.. well then I really don't see this show going far... so thanks for that slap in the face...

Even so...I have to say... that no matter how pissed we are at the moment of how stupid the dollar eyes are at companies..that always only care for the money... that green colored shaped smelly piece of paper *lol* I have to say this... that no matter how angry we are right now...how pissed at the poeple we are... we can't let Atlantis take the hit for that... what I mean is...we have to keep showing them our support.. buying Atlantis stuff...keep buying the DVD's ,,,making sure to by the movies... and to support the movies when they air on TV...because let's face it... if we don't we are the ones that in the end will ultimately break Atlantis... then we will be the cause for it not being more then that one movie...since that was what JM hinted at... that this is HOW Atlantis will be in the future...it will be kept going in movie format... to maybe be able to put out 1 movie a year or something... but if we don't support Atlantis we wont even be getting that.. since after this season is ending let's face it...the money talk will be even more forced... if the money doesn't come in they I'm sure wont hesitate to sink Atlantis all together...and if we truly love the show, love the actors, love the characters then we have to stay loyal to them... screw Universe...I'm not saying to support that..but to support the one show we have come to love so much and the one that is now being sacrificed...

I was going to say something yesterday,,,I had it all written and then my comp went into some damn updating and shut down and started over and I lost it all...but in short..hrmm not that I seem to be able to keep it short *lol*
                        Would I have loved the show to go on...of course I would have...
                        getting movies each year perhaps.. in opposite of not getting any Atlantis at all... well for me..no matter how mad I am at the moment, how sad I am ,, I then rather take the movies in opposite of never having anything new with Atlantis ever again...

The question for me will be if I'm going to be able to keep up my insperation for making more JT and John videos...hopefully I will...I will have 5 seasons worth of material.. and hopefully several of movies to come to get new material to work with...

I've read several of the Shep whumpers that still will be coming here to keep in touch with our Stargate family...and I truly truly hope I wont lose contact with my JT family either... I would hate for our friendship to come to and end because the show is coming to an end as a TV series... hopefully there still will be a long line of movies for us to talk about... and hopefully we will get something when it comes to JT... I'm still coming back to the comic con question and answer... JM and I'm sure the most of them might have had a feeling this was going to happen.. and maybe they are willing to take a chance..
                        JT isn't JS ... they have never had the things standing in their way as J/S had... I just hope they don't chicken out of it.. S&R had to have been there for a reason... it has to be a reason behind what is going on at the moment,,,and there must be some kind of reason behind what was being told and hinted at over at comic con...

For me my love for JT will still be there...this is the couple I've seen so much chemistry between and I can't just stop seeing it or stop loving them...
                        Oh..well said Nina, well said!!!
                        I support you and will be doing just the same as you guys. I will watch the rest of our beloved SGA and hope for more JT and keep coming here to chat with all my friends. We are too close to just up and leave because our show has come to an end. I see us all as so much more and you all were completely my help and support when my world came crashing around me. I truly love you guys and it would be hard to just let our friendship end. I would be truly devastated if that happened.

hope you guys feel the same.

Now on to the Shrine where I can fall over myself over Rodney
                        Spoiler:
                        Maffieg

Comment

Thanks for saying that Nina!

I have to admit, I am on the verging of taking a long break again. NOT because of the news or because I believe J/T are over, quite the opposite! But because I obviously am in the minority here and am personally tired of all the doom and gloom attitude about J/T over the past few months. People are of course entitled to their opinions and their rants and I don't mean to sound like I'm criticizing that. But for me personally, I don't agree, and I'm tired of hearing it. Real life is extremely busy and stressful for me. I get bombarded with complaints and rants at work all day long, everyday. I cannot handle it in my off time too. I'm sorry.
                          Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                            Hey guys. Just a quick post and then I'm off for the weekend.

I lost my previous post. My PC had an error sigh.

Any way....

Linda:

Thanks for the nice comments.

I would complain to both MGM and Scifi. I'll get Scifi later.

Unless someone else is able to make you one, I will try to do a Teyla sig for you Sunday.

MrsB:

I'm not too sure. As much as I would love to say yes, tptb having given us much to hope for.

I agree that I would love more confirmation.

Elf:

You didn't answer my question.

For you bday, Fluff or Angst/Whump fic.

So far I have Angst/Whump, but I can change if you want something else.

I hope I have tons of pages to catch up on when I get back.

Miss ya.
                            Originally posted by maffieg View Post
                            WHAT?? What is going on?? Is this true? No more SGA!!!

I am completely shocked and heartbroken. I can't imagine how our SGA cast can be feeling?

This is so sad. I need a moment to put my thoughts together.
                            Im sorry you just found out it was a shock for quite a few of us as i didnt expect it either so i was just as shocked as you
                            Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maffieg View Post
                              Oh..well said Nina, well said!!!
                              I support you and will be doing just the same as you guys. I will watch the rest of our beloved SGA and hope for more JT and keep coming here to chat with all my friends. We are too close to just up and leave because our show has come to an end. I see us all as so much more and you all were completely my help and support when my world came crashing around me. I truly love you guys and it would be hard to just let our friendship end. I would be truly devastated if that happened.

hope you guys feel the same.

Now on to the Shrine where I can fall over myself over Rodney
                              Well you'll have to put up with me for a little while longer

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
                              Thanks for saying that Nina!

I have to admit, I am on the verging of taking a long break again. NOT because of the news or because I believe J/T are over, quite the opposite! But because I obviously am in the minority here and am personally tired of all the doom and gloom attitude about J/T over the past few months. People are of course entitled to their opinions and their rants and I don't mean to sound like I'm criticizing that. But for me personally, I don't agree, and I'm tired of hearing it. Real life is extremely busy and stressful for me. I get bombarded with complaints and rants at work all day long, everyday. I cannot handle it in my off time too. I'm sorry.

Oh please don't go too long...It's not the same without our bestest cheerleader here....Read my above post about JT
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                                Well said Nina i will still come here as its the Only place i come onto every day and as i said Earlier at Least Atlantis is not dead and Buried like some of the Shows that ive liked never to be seen again i just hope when it comes to the Movies that all the the Cast will be available as it just wont be the Same im keeping my fingers crossed we still get some Nice Jt ,angst or special Moments between them although ill miss the Thread next week as im going to be Moving so ill be Posting all my Birthday gifs for everyone this weekend
                                Yay good for you Donna!

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                                Yes I'm not going anywhere...I'll still be here...That's what happens when you've not got a life But Stargate Is my life

So yes I'll be watching SGA but I won't see it till tomorrow night because I've got the football tomorrow so I won't be in till 6:45 tomorrow night UK time!!!

About JT
                                Spoiler:
                                I really do believe now after all that's happened over the last couple of days that they are building up to something with JT..

They wouldn't be so cruel to give us that romantic dinner dream sequence for nothing would they....No JM wouldn't do that to us after everything that's happened....

Now you know how Teyla has been a little um how should i put this....Um...You could say distant with John lately...Well what If there's a reason for it...She could be struggling with her feelings and the only way she can handle it at the moment is to keep a distance between her and John hence why she's calling him Colonel lately and keeping things more formal....She might be finally realising her feelings and maybe it scares her so she's taking a step back to try figure things out.....So what do ye think....Am i clutching at straws
                                I have been thinking the same as well.
                                Spoiler:
                                It is that said coolness she has been showing that has me believing she is trying to put a clamp on her true feelings.
                                Spoiler:
                                Maffieg

Comment

Working...
                                X