No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read the interview with Brad Wright, the guy that pulled the power cable on Atlantis, simply put
    Spoiler:
    He says that the show is doing well, yet they want to move onto movies and hope to do at least two moveis per year, one for Atlantis and one for SG-1. He however does not imply that Atlantis was axed to make way for SGU. (which stupidly got the green light) (Is so not gonna watch SGU)

Brad goes on to say that Atlantis has good ratings thus far and they hop that when the Season comes to DVD that the two hour movie (which is seems to imply will be exactly two hours and one minute long (directors cut I think)) the movie will air on Sci-Fi as well as be avlible with the season to be sold as a six disc set.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      Nicely said Elfie......Finally giving us JT is the least they could do......Maybe they've been leading up to it

Aye wouldn't it be just great if the rest of this season gave them the highest ratings they've ever had on the show then if universe comes on it sinks quickere than the titanic....That would be the ultimate kick in the butt......Sorry i'm still rather bitter!

Very nice sci!

Ooh thanks...So who do we email...MGM or scifi or both

Very nice sci......*grumbles* damn PSP....Can't get it to work.......Damn PSP...Can't make Teyla save SGA sig

Um ok......Where's Camy This was alot calmer than i was expecting......JT still lives

Oh believe me,that surprised us too....I was expecting a tornado to come through here!

Oh poor you....Well maybe your better off without her if this is the way she treats you!

Oh dear...Is it finally sinking in

Well after what's happened i believe they might be building up to something with JT
      Spoiler:
      I mean why would they give us this romantic dinner dream sequence in S & R......They wouldn't have done it for nothing.....Plus the fact that Teyla has started to call him Colonel again instead of John and she's very formal with him now.......I think she might be finally realising now she feels about him and it scares her so she's taking a step back to try to figure it out......Hey who knows....
      Hang on,wait a minute....I'm not supposed to be optimistic What's happened to me
      I know what you mean I feel the same JT
      Spoiler:
      I mean as if they let us down and at the same time we had al these little things. It isn't as if it was only one of us who saw the distance between the 2 we all saw it so we can hope. At the same time they never spoke so much of ship and they always say no but perhaps it hides something *cross fingers* at the same time we spoke of people who did 10 years and more of Sam Jack

sigpic
      Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
        more bad news on my end.
        Spoiler:
        "friend" just asked me if i wanted to remain friends, I said yes, she chose to end it.

going to bed.
        Well if this is the way she treats you i think you're better off without her but it'll still hurt

Originally posted by Jodi518 View Post
        hers more news
        Spoiler:
        stargate universe has been green lighted...I just hope we get more than one Stargate atlantis movie.
        Geez what a surprise They they have picked a worse time to announce this....How stupid do they think we are

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
        Awesome Banners Lea
        and Thanks For the God Lucks Guys im really going to miss the Thread i just hope the Broadband Company does it Quicker Wishful thinking anyway
        awww we'll misss ya....Hurry back....We need our JT family to stick together!

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
        They're amazing Sci! Would you and Elfie mind if I use the second sig in my rotation?

Suprise, suprise SGU has been greenlighted! I've already seen Voyager thanx!

There's also an interview with BW, I wrote in the comments section and this is probably part of what will makes up my letter and email:

"I am no longer a fan of the 'Stargate Franchise' I am a fan of Stargate Atlantis and to a lesser extent SG1. I feel betrayed by TPTB, I was worried about SciFi cancelled for poor ratings but the ratings were going up, the show was getting more attention world wide (I live in the UK and never seen as much advertising in TV mags and such as I have for S5), the fans were doing their part to keep Atlantis going, only to receive a slap in the face from the people we had been so loyal to. I'd say 80% of the Atlantis fans I know have said they will not watch SGU, now that probably won't make a big impact on the viewing figures but we are the people who buy the DVDs, we are the people who buy the merchandise, we are the people who go to the conventions, we are the people who make 'the stargate franchise' what it is."

Very nicely put cazz!

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
        Rachel has left a small note of thankyou on her website http://www.rachelluttrell.com/note.asp
        Thanks Donna....I left a message for her last night!

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
        Second page...AGAIN!
        Well some of us had to go to bed then go for the messages this morning

Originally posted by scifan View Post
        Ok. I broke down and wrote my feelings to MGM.

Spoiler:
        To whom it may concern,

I am sure that this will fall on deaf ears since you don't listen you what the fans want, but I will still like to express how I feel about the recent news.

I've only become a major fan of SGA over a year ago and been a fan of SG-1 even longer. I'm not always a fan of spin-offs, but eventually had the time to watch it and Season 3 sucked me in. I love the character interaction and how much they are like family.

It even got to me to join a forum and there meet my extended Stargate family.

I was truly hoping that you guys would have been smart enought to think of the fans and keep SGA going since its doing better then before. At least for one more year and use that time to introduce SGU, but what you have done is harsh.

Within days of each other, you announce that you will be cancelling SGA and the give the greenlight about SGU. Do you think that we are stupid? Do you really think that most of the SGA fans are going so excited that we will be getting a movie maybe more vs 20 episodes a year. Come on!

And to make things worse is that you don't even wait til the upset SGA fans get to have everything sink in before you announce it's replacement.

The O mighty dollar has won again and you still treat the lesser people like sheep.

LDavis

Thanks Asgard.

Where is everyone???
        Oh this is great sci!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
          I just read the interview with Brad Wright, the guy that pulled the power cable on Atlantis, simply put
          Spoiler:
          He says that the show is doing well, yet they want to move onto movies and hope to do at least two moveis per year, one for Atlantis and one for SG-1. He however does not imply that Atlantis was axed to make way for SGU. (which stupidly got the green light) (Is so not gonna watch SGU)

Brad goes on to say that Atlantis has good ratings thus far and they hop that when the Season comes to DVD that the two hour movie (which is seems to imply will be exactly two hours and one minute long (directors cut I think)) the movie will air on Sci-Fi as well as be avlible with the season to be sold as a six disc set.
          Oh that's ok then.......Atlantis wasn't axed to make way for SGU.........

Does he really think we're that freakin stupid...I mean really!!!

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
          I know what you mean I feel the same JT
          Spoiler:
          I mean as if they let us down and at the same time we had al these little things. It isn't as if it was only one of us who saw the distance between the 2 we all saw it so we can hope. At the same time they never spoke so much of ship and they always say no but perhaps it hides something *cross fingers* at the same time we spoke of people who did 10 years and more of Sam Jack

I went through 10 plus years of Jack/Sam and still waiting on a resolution I so do not want this to be JT's fate!
          sigpic

Comment

I went through 10 plus years of Jack/Sam and still waiting on a resolution I so do not want this to be JT's fate!
            I know you're depressed and as PSP didn't work for you I did a little something it's from a wallpaper that I made I just resize it I hope you'll like it
            Spoiler:

sigpic
            Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Well, it seems apparant that he has no respect for the fans so yeah, he probably does

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

I’m posting in to say to hi to you guys!

I know about the big news regarding the cancellation of SGA, but I don’t know all the speculations or decisions behind this cancellation. I have gone through this with Farscape and before that The Pretender just to name a few television series. I haven’t been a fan of the Scifi’s channel since Farscape…so I won’t go there. I know this a business and the almighty dollar is the bottom line so I although on some level I may have expected it…I’m never the less shocked and stunned by the news.

I’m saddened for the cast and crews!! My heart goes out to them!!

Somehow, I found this thread over a year and I was able to meet some wonderful people because of it. I treasure those friendships that I have formed with some of you guys. Never in my wild dreams – I would ever have thought to join a forum – writing and doing artwork – but yet I am.

SGA became my life on Friday’s nights. I forego hanging out with my friends. I made sure I was home to watch this show. I love Teyla, John and Teyla, John, Ronon, Rodney and the team!!! I will continue to support this show and its wonderful and complex characters. I truly believe I will get my JT confirmation because anything less would just an insult to what I have seen these past four seasons and the start of season 5 in Search and Rescue.

I can’t catch up with all the thread because work has been crazy!! I just wanted to say to my fellow JTers…have faith…don’t forget this thread…come and celebrate the wonder that is JT! This couple has inspired too much beautiful stories and artwork so please let us continue it!! Long live JT!!

Hugs to you guys!!
                sigpic
                Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
                Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
                WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

I'm thinking that the guys at MGM have been wanting to go right into movies and not an actual TV show (if they can make a full two hour movie (2 hours + 1 minute long)) I'll be happy about that, but it can't be like Ark and Conti which are only 88 minutes (the latter being 92 minutes with one extended scene at the end)

I sent a letter via snail mail myself, here's a small bit of it.
                  Spoiler:

To Whom It May Concern:

How are you? I'm sure you are fine, by us fans sure aren't! Before i go berzerk let me ask you if you take medication to make this choice? Don't answer that please just a wonderment is all, Now I hear that you plan on movies? If this is true PLEASE GO LONGER THEN 88 minutes. There are too many lose ends that need tidying up. if you can go into maybe close to three hours like the makers of new Crouvching Tiger Hidden Dragon did maybe, just maybe I'll be a happy fan

But I do have a question about SGU..... is it just a group of people somewhere in sapce with the Stargate logo slapped on it??
                  That is just the start of the letter as the rest of it asks questions and such of job offers and job openings and such. (hey I figure that if I get a job qworking for MGM just maybe we can get season six right to DVD like some people are wondering about already)

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post

I know about the big news regarding the cancellation of SGA, but I don’t know all the speculations or decisions behind this cancellation. I have gone through this with Farscape and before that The Pretender just to name a few television series. I haven’t been a fan of the Scifi’s channel since Farscape…so I won’t go there. I know this a business and the almighty dollar is the bottom line so I although on some level I may have expected it…I’m never the less shocked and stunned by the news.

Somehow, I found this thread over a year and I was able to meet some wonderful people because of it. I treasure those friendships that I have formed with some of you guys. Never in my wild dreams – I would ever have thought to join a forum – writing and doing artwork – but yet I am.

SGA became my life on Friday’s nights. I forego hanging out with my friends. I made sure I was home to watch this show. I love Teyla, John and Teyla, John, Ronon, Rodney and the team!!! I will continue to support this show and its wonderful and complex characters. I truly believe I will get my JT confirmation because anything less would just an insult to what I have seen these past four seasons and the start of season 5 in Search and Rescue.

I can’t catch up with all the thread because work has been crazy!! I just wanted to say to my fellow JTers…have faith…don’t forget this thread…come and celebrate the wonder that is JT! This couple has inspired too much beautiful stories and artwork so please let us continue it!! Long live JT!!

Hugs to you guys!!
                    Hi *strat to cry again* it's so beautiful for sure i don't count on letting down I find too great people in here and I enjooy too much coming in here Long live JT see you soon HUGS
                    I'm thinking that the guys at MGM have been wanting to go right into movies and not an actual TV show (if they can make a full two hour movie (2 hours + 1 minute long)) I'll be happy about that, but it can't be like Ark and Conti which are only 88 minutes (the latter being 92 minutes with one extended scene at the end)

Spoiler:

To Whom It May Concern:

How are you? I'm sure you are fine, by us fans sure aren't! Before i go berzerk let me ask you if you take medication to make this choice? Don't answer that please just a wonderment is all, Now I hear that you plan on movies? If this is true PLEASE GO LONGER THEN 88 minutes. There are too many lose ends that need tidying up. if you can go into maybe close to three hours like the makers of new Crouvching Tiger Hidden Dragon did maybe, just maybe I'll be a happy fan

But I do have a question about SGU..... is it just a group of people somewhere in sapce with the Stargate logo slapped on it??
                    That is just the start of the letter as the rest of it asks questions and such of job offers and job openings and such. (hey I figure that if I get a job qworking for MGM just maybe we can get season six right to DVD like some people are wondering about already)
                    Great start I love it I wanted to send something to for work lol great minds think alike
                    sigpic
                    Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Lovely sig asgard!

*((((hugs)))) Hope*

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

I know you're depressed and as PSP didn't work for you I did a little something it's from a wallpaper that I made I just resize it I hope you'll like it
                        Spoiler:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I....WOW.....awwww Teyla looks so sad Can i snag asgard!

Well, it seems apparant that he has no respect for the fans so yeah, he probably does

Yep well i've lost all respect for him....He must have known this was gonna happen long before it did and he just strung us along by our short and curlys...I have lost any respect i ever had for him

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post

Hugs to you guys!!
                        Hello Hope *grabs Hope in big hug*

Spoiler:

To Whom It May Concern:

Great start kitty!
                        sigpic

Comment

Lovely sig asgard!

*((((hugs)))) Hope*

Thank you so much
                          uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I....WOW.....awwww Teyla looks so sad Can i snag asgard!

Yep well i've lost all respect for him....He must have known this was gonna happen long before it did and he just strung us along by our short and curlys...I have lost any respect i ever had for him

Hello Hope *grabs Hope in big hug*

Great start kitty!
                          Sure you can snag it's for you I'm glad you like it
                          sigpic
                          Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Great start I love it I wanted to send something to for work lol great minds think alike
                            Great start kitty!
                            Thanks guys

Comment

Thank you so much

Sure you can snag it's for you I'm glad you like it
                              Ooh thanks.....I can't get PSP to work so i can't make anything just now

So iwrote an email for MGM...Could you guys tell me what you think before i send it??

Spoiler:
                              To whom it may concern...

Well to say i feel very let down and betrayed is something of an understatement.....I've been a huge Stargate fan since the very beginning and i've always had the utmost respect for all of you that were involved in the Stargate franchise....But no more,y'all have finally shown your true colours...None of you ever cared about what the fans wanted,al you were interested in was making as much money as possible well,who cares what the fans want,right..

Atlantis was doing so well in Season 5 so don't don't know the reasoning behind cancelling such a great and well supported show,the only reason i can think of was to make way for the new show Stargate universe...Well i for one will not be watching this new show and i know alot of others who won't be tuning into it so unless you pick up some new fans for this show you are going to lose alot of viewers...

Now i think if you said that we would get one more season,season 6 then i think most of us would have accepted it alot better but the way you just sprung this on us in the middle of season 5 is nothing short of abysmal and we the fans deserve to be treated alot better,Is folks like us that make the shows as successful as they are,you seem to have forgotten that somewhere along the line...So no i will not be tuning into SGU ever.....I hope your all happy with yourselves with the way you treated such loyal followers to this show because except for the SG-1 and Atlantis movies (and i think you know you've got us over a barrel with the movies,we won't be able to help but buy them) I'm done with Stargate and alot of folks feel the same way i do.....You will lose alot of followers with the way you went about this!!!

I hope your happy....
                              sigpic

Comment

Ooh thanks.....I can't get PSP to work so i can't make anything just now

So iwrote an email for MGM...Could you guys tell me what you think before i send it??

Spoiler:
                                To whom it may concern...

Well to say i feel very let down and betrayed is something of an understatement.....I've been a huge Stargate fan since the very beginning and i've always had the utmost respect for all of you that were involved in the Stargate franchise....But no more,y'all have finally shown your true colours...None of you ever cared about what the fans wanted,al you were interested in was making as much money as possible well,who cares what the fans want,right..

Atlantis was doing so well in Season 5 so don't don't know the reasoning behind cancelling such a great and well supported show,the only reason i can think of was to make way for the new show Stargate universe...Well i for one will not be watching this new show and i know alot of others who won't be tuning into it so unless you pick up some new fans for this show you are going to lose alot of viewers...

Now i think if you said that we would get one more season,season 6 then i think most of us would have accepted it alot better but the way you just sprung this on us in the middle of season 5 is nothing short of abysmal and we the fans deserve to be treated alot better,Is folks like us that make the shows as successful as they are,you seem to have forgotten that somewhere along the line...So no i will not be tuning into SGU ever.....I hope your all happy with yourselves with the way you treated such loyal followers to this show because except for the SG-1 and Atlantis movies (and i think you know you've got us over a barrel with the movies,we won't be able to help but buy them) I'm done with Stargate and alot of folks feel the same way i do.....You will lose alot of followers with the way you went about this!!!

I hope your happy....
                                Really well written if they don't feel culprit after this it's that they aren't worth it (did that make sense ?) i think it's great
                                sigpic
                                Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Working...
                                X