Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
    I'm back, it's totally cool over there, from what i can tell!
    oh good....so no scratches, bite marks, gunshot wounds or anything else? Glad to hear it!!

    Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
    JM BLOG UPDATE

    Spoiler:
    Squeakiep writes: “Would you be so kind as to tell us how the director line-up looks for the front 10 episodes of season 5?”

    Answer: Andy Mikita does the honors on Martin Gero’s Search and Rescue, Will Waring follows on Paul Mullie’s The Seed, Ken Girotti steps into the line-up on my Broken Ties, after which Andy Mikita steps back into the rotation for Alan McCullough’s Daedalus Variations, Ken Girroti is next on Carl Binder’s Ghost in the Machine, then back to Andy Mikita for Brad Wright’s as-yet-untitled tear jerker, which brings us back to Will Waring for my second episode, Whispers.

    Knightie writes: “Since we now know that our exteme Shep whump epi got moved to the second half. Any clues as to which spot?”

    Answer: That’s a script in search of a home - and a possible transplant. We’ll see how things develop.

    Ellie writes: “…some are unhappy with the way Beckett returns and although I still haven’t quite forgiven you for killing him in the first place..”

    Answer: You mean “haven’t quite forgiven that heartless Martin Gero for killing him in the first place”, don’t you?

    Squall78 writes: “I read an article on-line that Atlantis will have a summer premiere? Can you confirm this?”

    Answer: Only SciFi can confirm this. And wouldn’t that be great?

    Anoni writes: “Will we be seeing Michael’s Super Bugs again or have they ‘mysteriously disappeared’?”

    Answer: The hybrids are an evolution of the super bugs.

    Marko quotes: “creepy colonialism of a bunch of Western scientists and military crashing into a New World, and then nobody [..] giving a good ******* about the people who […] actually live there.”

    Answer: There have been plenty of episodes which have dealt with our desire to help various off-world civilizations (ie. Inferno, Irresponsible, The Game, The Ark, Epiphany - to name a few). Equating off-world exploration to “creepy colonialism” is a bit of stretch given that there has been no exploitation of the locals or their natural resources.

    Marko also quotes: “ The characters are importing bottled water and playing video games in their spare time, turning the Lost City of the Ancients into a *****ing dorm.”

    Answer: If by “*****ing dorm”, the writer of this rant means “comfortable living environment” then - yes. My counter to that would be “Why the hell not?”. Just because they’re in a new environment doesn’t mean they can’t make use of the comforts of Earth. “Dear God, they’re using forks to eat their food off of plates!” “They’ve brought toilet paper with them?! What nerve!”

    Marko also quotes: “ The writers are trying to fob off a half-baked “Athosians in jeopardy” plotline on us, without going to the enormous bother of ever giving us one scene with, well, Athosians, like how would having seen their faces sometime in the last two years possibly make the danger of losing them more resonant in any way? […] John and Rodney…if they gave one one-millionth of a *****, *they would know some of those people, too.* “

    Answer: By that line of reasoning, it is impossible to feel any sort of sympathy for a civilization or characters that are introduced in the very episode in which they are put in jeopardy. Also, the last comment, that the characters can only sympathize with people they know, is a load of bullsh*t. Tell that to everyone who has ever contributed to a charity (unless they happen to do so with very specific instructions like “Please make sure this twenty-three dollars goes toward Arnold C. Greenblatt’s colonoscopy and a new irrigation system for that village in Borneo.”).

    "Congratulations to Martin Gero and Andy Mikita on what promises to be a fantastic season opener. We watched the director’s cut today and loved it. I’ve got plenty of behind the scenes pics on this one, but I won’t post them until after The Last Man airs so as not to spoil ya.

    Congratulations to me as I finally completed my revised writer’s draft of Whispers. I made some dialogue adjustments, changed the end of the fourth and the top of the fifth acts, lost the compasses, lost the dead end beat, lost the Land of the Lost gag, and fiddled with the act breaks. I’m loving Dusty! Oh, and congratulations to Anne Teldy on her promotion from Lieutenant to Major and command of her own team.

    Congratulations to Jason Momoa who came into my office today, clearly smitten by the brand new addition to the show: Tyre’s sword. “It’s perfectly balanced,”he enthused, brandishing it threateningly. “Can I keep it?” In the interest of keeping my actors happy (and my fingers attached) I happily agreed."
    Thanks for posting the update MrsB
    Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
    &=AWESOME &Forever
    No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

    Comment


      Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
      JM BLOG UPDATE

      Spoiler:
      Squeakiep writes: “Would you be so kind as to tell us how the director line-up looks for the front 10 episodes of season 5?”

      Answer: Andy Mikita does the honors on Martin Gero’s Search and Rescue, Will Waring follows on Paul Mullie’s The Seed, Ken Girotti steps into the line-up on my Broken Ties, after which Andy Mikita steps back into the rotation for Alan McCullough’s Daedalus Variations, Ken Girroti is next on Carl Binder’s Ghost in the Machine, then back to Andy Mikita for Brad Wright’s as-yet-untitled tear jerker, which brings us back to Will Waring for my second episode, Whispers.

      Knightie writes: “Since we now know that our exteme Shep whump epi got moved to the second half. Any clues as to which spot?”

      Answer: That’s a script in search of a home - and a possible transplant. We’ll see how things develop.

      Ellie writes: “…some are unhappy with the way Beckett returns and although I still haven’t quite forgiven you for killing him in the first place..”

      Answer: You mean “haven’t quite forgiven that heartless Martin Gero for killing him in the first place”, don’t you?

      Squall78 writes: “I read an article on-line that Atlantis will have a summer premiere? Can you confirm this?”

      Answer: Only SciFi can confirm this. And wouldn’t that be great?

      Anoni writes: “Will we be seeing Michael’s Super Bugs again or have they ‘mysteriously disappeared’?”

      Answer: The hybrids are an evolution of the super bugs.

      Marko quotes: “creepy colonialism of a bunch of Western scientists and military crashing into a New World, and then nobody [..] giving a good ******* about the people who […] actually live there.”

      Answer: There have been plenty of episodes which have dealt with our desire to help various off-world civilizations (ie. Inferno, Irresponsible, The Game, The Ark, Epiphany - to name a few). Equating off-world exploration to “creepy colonialism” is a bit of stretch given that there has been no exploitation of the locals or their natural resources.

      Marko also quotes: “ The characters are importing bottled water and playing video games in their spare time, turning the Lost City of the Ancients into a *****ing dorm.”

      Answer: If by “*****ing dorm”, the writer of this rant means “comfortable living environment” then - yes. My counter to that would be “Why the hell not?”. Just because they’re in a new environment doesn’t mean they can’t make use of the comforts of Earth. “Dear God, they’re using forks to eat their food off of plates!” “They’ve brought toilet paper with them?! What nerve!”

      Marko also quotes: “ The writers are trying to fob off a half-baked “Athosians in jeopardy” plotline on us, without going to the enormous bother of ever giving us one scene with, well, Athosians, like how would having seen their faces sometime in the last two years possibly make the danger of losing them more resonant in any way? […] John and Rodney…if they gave one one-millionth of a *****, *they would know some of those people, too.* “

      Answer: By that line of reasoning, it is impossible to feel any sort of sympathy for a civilization or characters that are introduced in the very episode in which they are put in jeopardy. Also, the last comment, that the characters can only sympathize with people they know, is a load of bullsh*t. Tell that to everyone who has ever contributed to a charity (unless they happen to do so with very specific instructions like “Please make sure this twenty-three dollars goes toward Arnold C. Greenblatt’s colonoscopy and a new irrigation system for that village in Borneo.”).

      "Congratulations to Martin Gero and Andy Mikita on what promises to be a fantastic season opener. We watched the director’s cut today and loved it. I’ve got plenty of behind the scenes pics on this one, but I won’t post them until after The Last Man airs so as not to spoil ya.

      Congratulations to me as I finally completed my revised writer’s draft of Whispers. I made some dialogue adjustments, changed the end of the fourth and the top of the fifth acts, lost the compasses, lost the dead end beat, lost the Land of the Lost gag, and fiddled with the act breaks. I’m loving Dusty! Oh, and congratulations to Anne Teldy on her promotion from Lieutenant to Major and command of her own team.

      Congratulations to Jason Momoa who came into my office today, clearly smitten by the brand new addition to the show: Tyre’s sword. “It’s perfectly balanced,”he enthused, brandishing it threateningly. “Can I keep it?” In the interest of keeping my actors happy (and my fingers attached) I happily agreed."
      HA!!!! Jason is behaving very Ronon like there....
      Spoiler:
      Maffieg

      Comment


        Originally posted by john_and_teyla_for_life View Post
        I'm back, it's totally cool over there, from what i can tell!
        That was very sweet of you... I will send my love but don't want to make them feel the Sheyla's are bombarding their thread.
        Spoiler:
        Maffieg

        Comment


          Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
          It's just dawned on me how much uni work I've been deglecting that really needs doing, I've got to the stage where theres so much to do that I don't know where to start so I'm doing nothing
          Poor Cazz! I spent the day working on class work and I can finally see the end...at least for this week. But that's why there's GW-the ultimate happy place and way to avoid work!

          Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
          Greetings one and all.

          I've been thinking about The Last Man

          Spoiler:
          I was thinking that maybe the line 'The death of a loved one spurs McKay into action' could refer to it... maybe Jeannie dies in the alternate future? Or, quite possibly considering the preview, Keller?

          Anyway, also in the preview there's a snippet of Sheppard saying to Sam 'I know where Teyla is'... I was thinking that this could be right at the end of the ep, when he's got back to the past... maybe Rodney tells him where to find Teyla.

          Also, JM has said a couple of times that the final shot is a real doozy... I was thinking that it might be like in BAMSR, when we saw Elizabeth as the replicator leader... maybe we'll see Teyla in prison, OR (dun dun dun) as a wraith-like-queen-thing. Or something.

          I'm fairly sure that none of these predictions will come true, but I thought I'd share them anyway.
          I like the last part about Teyla
          Spoiler:
          being a Wraith queen. I'm sure Mikey would like a queen. Of course Sheppy would have to come to the rescue because Mike/Teyla is just no good.


          Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
          Well I'm going to Vancouver for the convention at the beginning of April, but apart from that I'll just be working, so boring boring boring.
          Cool! We'll expect lots of reports!

          And last but not least, Winged I love Pt 5 of the RR! At least I think it was 5... Anyway it was great!
          Spoiler:
          Poor John and Teyla getting stunned! At least it was together though...loved that last bit! It would have been interesting if they made it through the gate...John and Teyla start a new life on another planet...look at the possibilities!
          Sig by Cazzblade

          Comment


            Originally posted by Camy View Post
            I"m not even considering season 4 characters....the characters that I dislike the most that I simply can't see the reason and the logic behind their presence are in season 4....

            John is my second favorite...
            Well John is my fav..
            Ronon comes in second place.
            Teyla third
            Rodney and Zelenka are a tie for forth
            Caldwell fifth.
            Keller sixth.
            Lorne seventh.

            oh probably then Carson as he will be back next season...
            sigpic

            Comment


              Originally posted by Spectrum View Post
              Poor Cazz! I spent the day working on class work and I can finally see the end...at least for this week. But that's why there's GW-the ultimate happy place and way to avoid work!


              I like the last part about Teyla
              Spoiler:
              being a Wraith queen. I'm sure Mikey would like a queen. Of course Sheppy would have to come to the rescue because Mike/Teyla is just no good.



              Cool! We'll expect lots of reports!

              And last but not least, Winged I love Pt 5 of the RR! At least I think it was 5... Anyway it was great!
              Spoiler:
              Poor John and Teyla getting stunned! At least it was together though...loved that last bit! It would have been interesting if they made it through the gate...John and Teyla start a new life on another planet...look at the possibilities!

              Oh A thought just hit me

              Spoiler:
              Just how long has Mikey has been in control of Kanaan??? I just wondered if it was K who wooed Teyla or *gasp* Mikey....


              Ewww what is wrong with me????
              Spoiler:
              Maffieg

              Comment


                Charater wise my list goes like this

                Carson
                John
                Rodney
                Teyla
                Ronon
                every other character
                Elizabeth.

                favourite people to see on screen together goes like this

                Rodney Carson
                Rodney John
                John Teyla
                John Ronon
                Carter Rodney

                and of course the team together
                don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

                facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

                Comment


                  Oh Camy I have your third fave right here

                  Spoiler:


                  Spoiler:
                  Maffieg

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by maffieg View Post
                    Oh Camy I have your third fave right here

                    Spoiler:


                    LOL!

                    Spoiler:
                    That reminds me of my younger brother Andrew when he was a baby. That boy was climbing my bunk-bed at 9 months!

                    sigpic
                    Sig by me!
                    My FanFic's

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by maffieg View Post
                      Oh Camy I have your third fave right here

                      Spoiler:


                      Well, that depends on how Season 4 and 5 end up this story line! *wink*
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                        Charater wise my list goes like this

                        Carson
                        John
                        Rodney
                        Teyla
                        Ronon
                        every other character
                        Elizabeth.

                        favourite people to see on screen together goes like this

                        Rodney Carson
                        Rodney John
                        John Teyla
                        John Ronon
                        Carter Rodney

                        and of course the team together
                        WHAT??????Teyla is fourth...or fifth...can't believe that by the way you write!!! LOL

                        And Blue...shame on you...Teyla is third!!!!!
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                          JM BLOG UPDATE

                          Spoiler:
                          Squeakiep writes: “Would you be so kind as to tell us how the director line-up looks for the front 10 episodes of season 5?”

                          Answer: Andy Mikita does the honors on Martin Gero’s Search and Rescue, Will Waring follows on Paul Mullie’s The Seed, Ken Girotti steps into the line-up on my Broken Ties, after which Andy Mikita steps back into the rotation for Alan McCullough’s Daedalus Variations, Ken Girroti is next on Carl Binder’s Ghost in the Machine, then back to Andy Mikita for Brad Wright’s as-yet-untitled tear jerker, which brings us back to Will Waring for my second episode, Whispers.

                          Knightie writes: “Since we now know that our exteme Shep whump epi got moved to the second half. Any clues as to which spot?”

                          Answer: That’s a script in search of a home - and a possible transplant. We’ll see how things develop.

                          Ellie writes: “…some are unhappy with the way Beckett returns and although I still haven’t quite forgiven you for killing him in the first place..”

                          Answer: You mean “haven’t quite forgiven that heartless Martin Gero for killing him in the first place”, don’t you?

                          Squall78 writes: “I read an article on-line that Atlantis will have a summer premiere? Can you confirm this?”

                          Answer: Only SciFi can confirm this. And wouldn’t that be great?

                          Anoni writes: “Will we be seeing Michael’s Super Bugs again or have they ‘mysteriously disappeared’?”

                          Answer: The hybrids are an evolution of the super bugs.

                          Marko quotes: “creepy colonialism of a bunch of Western scientists and military crashing into a New World, and then nobody [..] giving a good ******* about the people who […] actually live there.”

                          Answer: There have been plenty of episodes which have dealt with our desire to help various off-world civilizations (ie. Inferno, Irresponsible, The Game, The Ark, Epiphany - to name a few). Equating off-world exploration to “creepy colonialism” is a bit of stretch given that there has been no exploitation of the locals or their natural resources.

                          Marko also quotes: “ The characters are importing bottled water and playing video games in their spare time, turning the Lost City of the Ancients into a *****ing dorm.”

                          Answer: If by “*****ing dorm”, the writer of this rant means “comfortable living environment” then - yes. My counter to that would be “Why the hell not?”. Just because they’re in a new environment doesn’t mean they can’t make use of the comforts of Earth. “Dear God, they’re using forks to eat their food off of plates!” “They’ve brought toilet paper with them?! What nerve!”

                          Marko also quotes: “ The writers are trying to fob off a half-baked “Athosians in jeopardy” plotline on us, without going to the enormous bother of ever giving us one scene with, well, Athosians, like how would having seen their faces sometime in the last two years possibly make the danger of losing them more resonant in any way? […] John and Rodney…if they gave one one-millionth of a *****, *they would know some of those people, too.* “

                          Answer: By that line of reasoning, it is impossible to feel any sort of sympathy for a civilization or characters that are introduced in the very episode in which they are put in jeopardy. Also, the last comment, that the characters can only sympathize with people they know, is a load of bullsh*t. Tell that to everyone who has ever contributed to a charity (unless they happen to do so with very specific instructions like “Please make sure this twenty-three dollars goes toward Arnold C. Greenblatt’s colonoscopy and a new irrigation system for that village in Borneo.”).

                          "Congratulations to Martin Gero and Andy Mikita on what promises to be a fantastic season opener. We watched the director’s cut today and loved it. I’ve got plenty of behind the scenes pics on this one, but I won’t post them until after The Last Man airs so as not to spoil ya.

                          Congratulations to me as I finally completed my revised writer’s draft of Whispers. I made some dialogue adjustments, changed the end of the fourth and the top of the fifth acts, lost the compasses, lost the dead end beat, lost the Land of the Lost gag, and fiddled with the act breaks. I’m loving Dusty! Oh, and congratulations to Anne Teldy on her promotion from Lieutenant to Major and command of her own team.

                          Congratulations to Jason Momoa who came into my office today, clearly smitten by the brand new addition to the show: Tyre’s sword. “It’s perfectly balanced,”he enthused, brandishing it threateningly. “Can I keep it?” In the interest of keeping my actors happy (and my fingers attached) I happily agreed."
                          Dang....I wonder what that tearjerker one will be about....thanks Mrs. B!
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by maffieg View Post
                            Oh A thought just hit me

                            Spoiler:
                            Just how long has Mikey has been in control of Kanaan??? I just wondered if it was K who wooed Teyla or *gasp* Mikey....


                            Ewww what is wrong with me????
                            That may be the "twist" to the story in The Last Man..
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                              That may be the "twist" to the story in The Last Man..
                              Too good to be true!
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                For those of you who post in Beya...please take a minute to read this...thank you!!!!

                                http://community.livejournal.com/sga...tml?mode=reply
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X