X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Wallie Ruby......

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
      Here's a new wallie I made, in honour of how wonderfully we're doing in the H&H game...

Spoiler:

I made a new sig as well, along the same theme.
      *bowing* Totally awesome, Dude! *snagged to hard drive*
      sigpic
      Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Here's a new wallie I made, in honour of how wonderfully we're doing in the H&H game...

Spoiler:

Beautiful Ruby
        Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
        That is gorgeous Ruby!

Oh Donna hope your son recovers speedily, whereabouts in the UK are you?

rWelcome Pigletpie!

thanks CazzBlade i live in Burnley Lancashire but we sure felt the shock wave here
        Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
          That is gorgeous Ruby!

Oh Donna hope your son recovers speedily, whereabouts in the UK are you?

Welcome Pigletpie!

Thanks Cazz!

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
          Awesome Wallie Ruby......
          Ta muchly!

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
          *bowing* Totally awesome, Dude! *snagged to hard drive*
          Thanks YC!

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
          Beautiful Ruby

thanks CazzBlade i live in Burnley Lancashire but we sure felt the shock wave here
          Thanks Donna... I'm really sorry about Bradley I hope that he's okay.
          sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

I made this for Steph.
            Spoiler:
            sigpic
            Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

I made this for Steph.
              Spoiler:
              Me likes! very inventive!

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Spoiler:

Just to explain, because I really am THAT much of a geek - the big pics of John and Teyla are pics of them when they're worrying about the other. Teyla's one is from the mess hall scene in Tabula Rasa when she's watching John walk away, and the John one is from Sunday after the 'is she going to be alright!?' yelling... I love that cap - look at the fear!!!

Ok, enough with the geekiness.
                sigpic

Comment

Awesome job YC!

OT~ Damn, Steph's gonna be blown away by the excellent stuff shes getting!!

Comment

Thanks Cazz!

Ta muchly!

Thanks YC!

Thanks Donna... I'm really sorry about Bradley I hope that he's okay.
                    thanks Ruby he is Okay
                    I made this for Steph.
                    Spoiler:
                    Very Nice Yappi

Comment

I made this for Steph.
                      Spoiler:
                      Love it!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maffieg View Post
                        A (what were you thinking maff)pic for the JT fans

Spoiler:
                        Oh that is brilliant,did you draw that yourself..If you did then....WOW!!!

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                        Title: Tears and Rain
                        Summary: He’s good at that; hiding behind things. ‘Lifeline’ episode tag.
                        Characters: John & Teyla
                        Pairing: John/Teyla
                        Rating: K
                        Spoiler:

To say the mission was a disaster was what John Sheppard would call an understatement. They’d stepped foot on the planet and promptly been ambushed by not one but two opponents. Firstly, the natives (ever fond of their slingshots) pelted them with a melange of fruit and vegetables, one of which happened to be a particularly orange-like fruit that had burst on impact with Rodney’s face; said face of the scientist had promptly swollen up but not before said scientist had promptly fainted from fright and the impact. The second had been the weather. The storm had opened up above their heads in the skies that had been crystal clear when they’d stepped through. They’d been soaked and cold stuck on the planet after an annoyingly accurate bolt of lightning struck the DHD and rendered it useless.

Plus, they weren’t due to check in for a few hours. So they’d hunkered down under some trees and bushes, waiting for Rodney to waken and hopefully not realise his face was swollen so he would stop panicking enough for him to get the DHD working. The silence was heavy and laden with sadness that John Sheppard did not want to feel. Teyla had shrunk off to the back of the den of trees they were using as a make shift shelter, sitting with her back to them, face stony as she stared out across the vast rolling fields. Ronon fiddled with his gun, using the bottom of his soaked coat to clean the already pristine weapon. And John – well, he’d just sat there trying not to think about what he knew the others were thinking about.

The rain had pummelled down for hours and hours and hours and they’d hunkered there for the same length of time after Rodney’s prognosis on the dud DHD. His hysterics had begun before he’d even really woken from his slumber much to the amusement of Ronon and John. Teyla had stayed where she’d been since they’d sought refuge and when John had gone to her side, he’d found her asleep. When the ‘Gate had sprung to life an hour after the team’s scheduled check-in, they’d relayed their situation and a Jumper had been sent to retrieve them.

John was glad that the natives didn’t have watermelons to try and bombard the Jumper with, or else the mission would have been even more of a disaster. As it turned out, they had more of their handy orange like fruits, which they’d promptly attacked Rodney with obviously having taken note of the poor scientist’s reaction beforehand. He’d thankfully remained physically unscarred, though he’d made it abundantly clear that the mental scarring would be with him forever.

It had taken them hours to dry off and heat up in the back of the Jumper and then the infirmary and then the briefing. Through all of which John could sense his team’s uncertainty, their apprehension, their grief. John couldn’t blame them.

As luck would have it, John found himself on the south pier, sheltered from most of the rain by the grounding station that had been fixed during the Replicators’ stay in Atlantis but still soaked none the less. Soaked and cold, all of his hard work at drying off and heating up gone in an instant. He didn’t mind, really. The rain soothed the burning muscles in his body, the coldness kept him from falling asleep to a world of dreams he had no care to return to. It washed away the pain, the dirt, the grief but John knew that the relief was as superficial as it was temporary.

He’s not surprised when the door swishes open, nor is he surprised when she stops beside him, silent and stoic, sentry like in her stature. He knows she feels his pain because she was her friend too. He watches as she closes her eyes, watches as the rain soaks her recently dried hair, permeates her clothes and sticks them to her body. She’s not protected by the grounding station like he is and as he watches her, he wishes he wasn’t protected either.

He’s good at that; hiding behind things. He’s good at knowing when to run and when to stay and fight. And although his mind is urging his feet away from her to the relative comfort of his own quarters, his heart over rides and he stays. He knows he needs to. He knows she needs him to. He doesn’t wonder how she’s found him – doesn’t think for a moment that maybe she hadn’t intended to find him. Maybe she didn’t. Maybe she’d come here for the solitude that the south pier and the rain offered. He knows she’s come here before, just like he has.

He steps out from behind the grounding station and the rain and wind hit him, forcing the breath from his body and he too closes his eyes, the breath he inhales speckled with water that drips its way down the back of his throat. It’s purifying and melodic being out here with her.

She sighs and he opens his eyes to look at her but she’s playing with the fingers of her hand, flicking a nail and biting her lips.

“It is strange...” She begins and falters, her face tilting towards the sky, blinking back the tears that coat her eyes. He nods.

“I know.” His voice is quiet and cracked, a small smattering of grief tainting his tone.

“I just...” She trails off again and he too fights off the tears that threaten.

“I know.”

Their disaster of a mission had been the first they’d gone on since Elizabeth had sacrificed herself to the Replicators. It was the first mission they’d gone on where they’d been debriefed by someone who wasn’t Weir and although John admired Colonel Carter for what she was doing, he couldn’t help but wish that it was Elizabeth sitting at the head of their briefing table, or that it was Elizabeth’s voice they’d heard when the Gate had burst to life.

And so soon after Carson...

He hears her struggle with the sob at the back of her throat and he is torn between wanting his solitude and reaching out to her. The rain thuds down onto the metal pier, the waves swell against the high edges of the city and John wonders if the city knows that another one of its children has been lost. Elizabeth’s – he chokes on the word ‘death’ and turns away from her enquiring gaze.

“It proves to us that no one is safe. No one is above harm.”

He nods but no words came from his mouth. He’s not sure what to say. He knows full well that each and every member of the expedition could be lost at any time – hell, they’d already lost some pretty prominent figures; Sumner, Aiden and most recently Carson. The pain from the last is still too fresh for him to process the pain from the most recent.

“You did well with looking after the city,” he says quietly, trying to change the subject. She smiles to him, he can see it from the corner of his eye and he too lets slip a small smile in return. “I never did get to thank you, or say... you know, well done.”

“You need not thank me.” She glances away and closes her eyes again and he could tell that she had tuned into the world around her. She did that quite often, just let the world float around her. It amazed him. He looked away and smiled to himself, ducking his head as the glimmer of normality struck him. It was the first optimistic sensation that had come over him in almost a week, if not longer. “It has been a turbulent time for us.” He nods, not trusting his voice to speak the words that are floating about in his head. “One of upheaval and change...” He turns to her as she trails off and he sees the darkness around her eyes, finally lets himself see that someone else is grieving with him. “I only wonder when it will be our time for some peace.” She ducks her head as her voice trails off and he closes his eyes in attempts to ward off his own onslaught of emotions.

“Now is the winter of our discontent...” he mutters the line that has been floating through his head for a few days and he opens his eyes to see her staring back to him, cold and wet and he swallows the lump in his throat.

She regards him for a moment and he bows under her scrutiny. She glances away quickly before looking back at him, her eyes trained on his neck, nodding slightly.

“Strong words, though not your own.” He shakes his head and smiles sheepishly. “Shakespeare.” He nods again, surprised but she does not explain. He doesn’t ask her to. “I... we have lost many since our time in Atlantis... Charin was like my grandmother and I have been deeply saddened by her death. Since then...” She shakes her head and dislodges a few tears. She sniffs and straightens her back but still avoids his eyes. In a way, he’s glad. “Her death sparked a chain reaction it seems and we have lost many people important to us...”

“It feels like I’m waiting for the next person close to me to be gone,” he finishes when she drowns in her sobs.

She nods in a rush and her body folds into his, her arms circling his body. He’s startled for a moment by the contact but instinctively wraps her closer to him, taking in the scent of her that he’s come to know.

“I am glad...” She tries but the words melt into his chest like the tears spilling from her eyes. He wants to take her pain from her because he doesn’t want her to feel anything like he does. “I am glad you made it back.”

Leaving her behind had been the hardest thing; harder even that leaving Elizabeth but only marginally. Leaving Elizabeth had been painful to him but he can – he will – handle that when the time comes... but leaving Teyla behind had opened her up to a world of hurt she had not asked for. He knows her and he knows how deeply she cares for every one of the people on Atlantis, but especially him and Rodney and Ronon and Elizabeth. It had been likely that they would not come back and if he had... He doesn’t want to think about and pushes the thoughts from his head, concentrating instead on the feel of her in his arms; alive and safe and well.

For now.

“Me too,” he mutters into her hair as he ducks his into the wet mass and breathes onto her neck, breathes her in. The feel of her there and wrapped around him brings tears to his eyes that he lets fall.

She pulls back slightly when he tries to stifle his sob and he tries to turn from her but she holds his head between her two hands and urges him to look at her. She’s gentle, yet commanding and he can’t resist. She tugs his head down and he rests his forehead against hers, closing his eyes as he does so. It’s a gesture so familiar, so comforting and the wave of tranquillity that surges through him staggers him.

He doesn’t know how it happens, or why he does it but he brushes his lips against her, resting for a moment there before dropping his forehead back to hers. He opens his eyes and stares into hers, a small smile tickling his lips and, for the first time in a long time, he’s content.

When she returns the gesture, the taste of her lips sears across his mind and he knows he won’t forget the bittersweet taste of hope and despair that lingers on his lips long after she is gone and the rain has stopped.

He watches the clouds break, hours later and when he licks his lips it reminds him of her and them and everything they’ve shared, everything they’ve lost. It reminds him of tears.

Tears – and rain.
                        awwww,that was so nice and sad....No one does bittersweet like you....Oh and that's a compliment by the way
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maffieg View Post
                          Ok this just popped into my head, when I PMed EG...My fave scene is the cave scene in Rising where shep puts the necklace on Teyla and I thought:

Spoiler:
                          What Teyla might of thought knowing that when someone gives another a necklace, it holds so much importants...even if it was already hers

no no I'm nuts
                          Oh i never thought of that,good catch there!

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                          I know.
                          Spoiler:
                          If anyone hates cliffies, I guess we are getting one.
                          HELLOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo.....Me,remember me...The cliffie hater Scot!!

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
                          i didn't think so either because england is not on a tectonic plate boundary. the only thing that's convergent towards england is the mid-atlantic ridge, which doesn't cause earthquakes last time i checked...
                          Usually it's only strong enought to shake a few buildings and maybe cause some structural damage....If i'm remembering correctly isn't there a fault line that runs under the Atlantic ocean of the coast of right up the coast of the UK!

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                          I can't get this scene out of my head, i know it is from tht Sheyla dream last night but still..... here you go guys tell me if I'm nuts....

Spoiler:
                          Woosley, and Sheppard are in the meeting room just the pair of them....

Woosley; So sheppard, what brings you to my table?

John: it had better not be that B&E stint

Woosley; B&E? When?

John: *looking like a deer in the headlights of the Daedalus* uh..... I can explain.

Woosley; do so, you got two minutes.

John: Rodney made me do it

Woosley; Do what?

John: the B&E

Woosley; And where exactly did you B&E?

John; *still with the look of a deer in the Daedalus headlights* uh......Teyla's room

Woolsey; you did what?

John; Rodney made me do it!
                          the scene changed before it could contine with a huge boom that made the sun exploding in Docotr Who look like a cardy shop window......
                          Ok then,your nuts

Originally posted by SheylaRand View Post
                          Okay, so apparently that earthquake I felt last night shook up more than my house. I went to vote for John/Teyla in the H&H game and was shocked by how far we had fallen. Sometimes I wonder where people get the idea that John and Elizabeth have a thing going, sorry I just don't see it. All I see is two people who care for each other as friends, family, and co-workers. Nothing more, besides they don't have the intense scenes that J/T do. Just saying is all.

Hope all of my fellow UK residents made it okay last night.
                          Na neither do i but some folks have to try clutch onto something and we've got the canon couple so let them have this game to keep them happy

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
                          JM BLOG UPDATE

Spoiler:
                          Jason writes: “Just wondering how many episodes Paul will be writing this season? It seems like his writing contribution has decreased some though I am sure he is busy with production matters or running the Oakland A’s and I continue to swear that he is a dead ringer for their General Manager Billy Beane.”

Answer: Paul is in the process of prepping his script, The Seed, which will be episode #2. Paul writes less originals because he handles all of the major rewrites. Between those, his general production duties, and running the Oakland A’s, he is incredibly busy.

On the positive side, Act’s IV and V practically write themselves.

I took time off from the script yesterday to sit through some wraith auditions, enjoying a wide variety of nuanced performances covering everything from underwhelmingly somniferous to theatrically alarming. One enterprising young man even brought along his own cape for added effect. I sat back, relatively impassive, nodding occasionally throughout, piping up only at the end of each audition to offer a congratulatory “Great!” before redirecting my attention to the comment sheet the casting director had helpfully provided. “Controlled and confident,”I wrote next to one candidate - adding “Slight lisp?”. I’m thinking something like this might undermine a life-sucking alien’s terrifying onscreen persona: “Yeth, foolith human, your very life ith…What’s tho funny? Thtop that. Thtop it! I’m going to thuck your life! Theriously, knock it off!”

I’m often fascinated by some of the bolder decisions actors make when auditioning. Like the guy who came in a couple of years ago and read for the part of an alien…and did it with a French accent. Or the guy who came in yesterday and delivered an interpretation so spot on, so captivating in its unbridled audacity, that I vowed right then and there I would hire him - the second we write a part for a crackhead wraith.

Casting wraith is tough. Too arch and over the top and you risk being cheesy. Too subdued and you risk putting everyone to sleep. Still, there were some very talented actors who came in yesterday and, I’m happy to report, one who caught our eye as having the potential to really suck this year (and by “suck”, I mean “suck the life force from his helpless victims” because that’s what successful wraiths do).
                          I'm sorry but that was hilarious,wouldn't you just love to see a Wraith with a lisp!

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                          I'm glad you're all okay I was worried about yas!

You know how I was saying we had mad weather up here for weeks there? Blazing sunshine today... only in Scotland, cause we're "pure dead brilliant" (read, puh-yoor dead burw-yant). *shudders*

Good afternoon all. Hope we're fairing well. Just popped over to the H&H game and I know we talked about this before but... weren't we winning at one point? Even that pretend ship, Laura and Carson is beating us.

Lol.
                          Ohhhhhhh are you trying to confuse folks with our very interesting lingo!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            Oh that is brilliant,did you draw that yourself..If you did then....WOW!!!

awwww,that was so nice and sad....No one does bittersweet like you....Oh and that's a compliment by the way
                            Hey Linda How are you?

Comment

Spoiler:

Hey Ruby
                              Spoiler:
                              Good to see you again! Are you still so incredibly busy?

Love both!!

I made this for Steph.
                              Spoiler:
                              Awesome!
                              *Beautiful sig by Scifan!*

“Because you can.”

--

Comment

Originally posted by pigletpie View Post
                                thx^^
                                Welcome to the JT family pigletpie!

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                                Hey Lea i made these for Steph i know she likes Animals

awwwwwwww lookie at the wittle Puppy......Who's a cutie then......yes you are......cutiecutiecutiecutiecutie!!!

Spoiler:

Oh i love this....saved saved saved!!

I made this for Steph.
                                Spoiler:

Oh very nice,she is gonna freak when she sees all the wonderful things you guys have made!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X