John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    Huh what!!!! Oh i didn't even notice...Thanks TF!!!
    LINDA!!! didja read my last two chapters yet?!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

K- gotta post my thoughts about
      Spoiler:
      the worry and the 'baby touching' scene.

Considering how private Teyla is, I have to say that her desire to include John in this moment is due to her attachment to him and her deep feelings for him. I also have to wonder, if she's not thinking to herself, 'I wish this actually John's baby and not another man's' cause she's certainly started to lean on him as if he were.

Then there's John's reaction, from the start of their conversation, his attitude was that of a supportive husband/father. He slipped into that role last week and hasn't let go of it. His HUGE smile when the baby kicked and he touched her tummy with no hesitation was - again- that of a father with the mother of his child. I'd say John would have no trouble thinking of this child as his own. He even said as much to her when he told her that the child would always have a family to take of him on Atlantis. And I loved that it was John who reassured her that she could again have a place on the team, even after the baby. Their roles seemed to reverse here. Nicely done.

Lastly, I think 'John's jump into action' was prompted directly from seeing Teyla in emotional distress. I don't think he stopped to think about -who or what she might be thinking about. As usual, when Teyla is upset or in danger, he moves heaven and earth to make it right for her. How the man can't know that he's completely in love with her is beyond me at this point. And how Teyla can see his actions time and time again in protecting her and not figure it out is ALSO beyond me.

I was so very pleased with the interaction in this ep for them that I almost forgot about old Canoe-boy. I'm really hoping that in the end, he's nothing more than a biological foot note or figment of her imagination. It will rip John's heart out to have to watch her with another man.

I have to throw in my TOTAL excitement and shipper happiness over the Ronon/Keller scenes!!!!!! I was in heaven, it was WAY better than I'd hoped. The end in the mess was the best! John and Teyla looked at him and looked at each other and KNEW there was something going on. Too bad they aren't so quick when it comes to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
        Spoiler:

Considering how private Teyla is, I have to say that her desire to include John in this moment is due to her attachment to him and her deep feelings for him. I also have to wonder, if she's not thinking to herself, 'I wish this actually John's baby and not another man's' cause she's certainly started to lean on him as if he were.

Then there's John's reaction, from the start of their conversation, his attitude was that of a supportive husband/father. He slipped into that role last week and hasn't let go of it. His HUGE smile when the baby kicked and he touched her tummy with no hesitation was - again- that of a father with the mother of his child. I'd say John would have no trouble thinking of this child as his own. He even said as much to her when he told her that the child would always have a family to take of him on Atlantis. And I loved that it was John who reassured her that she could again have a place on the team, even after the baby. Their roles seemed to reverse here. Nicely done.

Lastly, I think 'John's jump into action' was prompted directly from seeing Teyla in emotional distress. I don't think he stopped to think about -who or what she might be thinking about. As usual, when Teyla is upset or in danger, he moves heaven and earth to make it right for her. How the man can't know that he's completely in love with her is beyond me at this point. And how Teyla can see his actions time and time again in protecting her and not figure it out is ALSO beyond me.

I was so very pleased with the interaction in this ep for them that I almost forgot about old Canoe-boy. I'm really hoping that in the end, he's nothing more than a biological foot note or figment of her imagination. It will rip John's heart out to have to watch her with another man.

I have to throw in my TOTAL excitement and shipper happiness over the Ronon/Keller scenes!!!!!! I was in heaven, it was WAY better than I'd hoped. The end in the mess was the best! John and Teyla looked at him and looked at each other and KNEW there was something going on. Too bad they aren't so quick when it comes to each other.

Just watched last Fridays eppy!! and personally I thought the JT scene was cute! though John was a bit of a knucklehead to climb up the side of the city, Radek was cute all but defrenstrating down that shaft.... priceless!

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
          LINDA!!! didja read my last two chapters yet?!
          No where is it...Is it on the last page!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          hmmm,well they do say love is blind....Sometimes the people that are in love with each other are the last to know...Does that make sense...

Sometimes you just can't see what's right in front of you!

Maybe Ronan needs to give them both a good whack on the Head with a Bantos stick to make them see what's right in front of them
          sigpic

Comment

No where is it...Is it on the last page!

Spoiler:
            hmmm,well they do say love is blind....Sometimes the people that are in love with each other are the last to know...Does that make sense...

Sometimes you just can't see what's right in front of you!

Maybe Ronan needs to give them both a good whack on the Head with a Bantos stick to make them see what's right in front of them
            Excellent idea!!! Whatever works at this point is what I vote for. And Ronon would have fun doing it.

Comment

John Sheppard, Time Traveller with two new chapters! here is chapter three. . . Titled, "Botching his Chance". . .
              Spoiler:
              Finally it was done, John put the last crystal into place, and a faint hum started from the machine, the thing looked like something similar to a fan on both the front and the back, with a pair of fanblades made of clear crystaline glass interwoven with silver metal, the dashborad was done, and it was ready for use.

John got cleaned up, and took a look at his watch, it was just after midnight on a friday in June, exactly one year from when Teyla and he were married, and exactly four years since her death that same day. He made a mental note to go back five extra days so he could get to the SGC in time to save his wife from her death.

Sitting in the seat he took a crystal covered staff about seven or so inches long out of his vest, and put it in its place, securing it with a pin. a low hiss sounded off as the contacts of the handle and the main control unit made contact with the other. John grabed a P90 from his desk, as well as some ammo. He'd need it. He made a mental note to get a few knives from the SGC Armory as well when he' make a pitstop by there for more ammo.

"OK John, go save Teyla." He pressed the crystal handle forwards and the fans begain to move ever faster, a greygreen light hitting the front, and the back as the four blades spun ever faster, time begain to move at a good pace, then it happened, ball of blue light appeared around him and the machine in which he sat, and the readout on the dash begain to go backwards four years, and five days, when with a boom, it was over, he was in the past, and Teyla was sdtill alive, but he had only five days in which to get to the SGC before she died.

Turning the machine off and locking the bedroom door, John looked out the window, everything was the same as it was four years into the future, only the room was cleaner, and there was not as many desks or tables. John also saw that it was dark, and he had begun to go against the clock as it was right then. He took off for the SGC.

Two days later he arrived, and faked his name and rank as a Col Joshua Stone to get inside, then he hid in a closet and waited. he heard the normal daily doings, then the orders his team was to get, he smiled, he was already there, but then the rest of his team, and his wife, weren't.

Then he saw his team, and himself arrive, he'd seen Walter get killed already, hell he was the one that found his body as well. he also felt a krick in his kneck, 'maybe I shouldn't have done that vulcan neck bench on myself' he thought after hiding himself in another room. as he took his own place with Teyla, this time she was taking point.

"See anything?" He asked a minute or so later of joining up with his wife, he wanted to hug her right then and there but kept himself from doing so. he kept an eye on thier six, putting himself in Teyla's place.

"Nothing." Teyla said as she and him looked through the jumper bay, John kepts a close eye on the door, so far so good. "There is none here in this room but us." she said at last when they finished with the jumpers storeroom above the gate.

"OK, lets see, Rodney find anything yet?" John asked into his radio.

"Nothing yet, other the ntwo dead soldiers heading your way." Rodney said "Ronons injured from gunfire, but he's good to go"

"OK nothing her ewith the jumper, be with you guys at the Infirmary." John said before motioning to Teyla to take the lead again as he keopts a sharpe eye on the halls behind. Gunfire was heard ahead, "This is Sheppard, Teyla and I are nearing gunfire, those shooting please respond if on our side." He was met with silence. then a scream as Teyla was hit by a stray bullet in the hip. "oh hell" John swore, his mind thinking 'not again, not this soon!!' He put a field dressing on the wound.

He then half caried half suppoerted Teyla as she fired her P90 at the person that attacked her, and the Asrak fired one more shot, then died, thankfully John pulled Teyla out of the line of fire, but he did not keep her from death.

And Chapter four, titled, "Unanswered Questions". . .
              Spoiler:
              John had left the SGC like he did before and had gone home, he stared at the locket he had of Teyla, which hung on the dash of the Time Machine he had made with Janus' work and research, It had all come for naught, and he knew it, maybe the answer was in the future? He slid the crystaline control into place and started up the machine, then headed for the future.

Time outside the machine rushed past at a faster rated then it did backwards, he watched himself make the machine, then he went forwards in time, watching through the bubble as his familys home was taken down, and a city was made in its place, and the farmland was built into a city. then he noticed something else.

The year was two thousand and twenty, he stopped the machine and took hold of the handle, and slid it into his pocket, and made sure he had the weapons he had clooected from the SGC before leaving, if anyone mugged him in this city where his familys home once stood, he'd be ready for them, what with his flak vest and gun, looked like a soldier that just got off the plane at the wrong station.

Everything was different, there was cars, like his own world, only these were different like everything else, all darker colors, nothing in a retor look to them at all, some had what looked to be bike wheels while others had wheels used for hauling cattle, but then there was no cattle to be seen.

John entered what he remembered was the Flint Library, it was differetn, not as many books, but there was other things, there was what looked like a black ball in the center of a room, with four halls going in two different diecretions, each hall had what looked like six panes of glass.

"Welcome to the Vox Datatransfer System, How can I help you?" a voice said as a three wing of light appread on the black ball.
              John turned around fast, his P90 aimed and ready to fire, "Who said that?"

"I did." came the voice.

"And you are.... where?" John asked lowing his weapon, the libarary was oddly empty of staff, where was everyone?

"Right here sir." the voice said appearing in a pane of glass. "area of inquiry?" he asked.

"uh... Past events two thousand to two thusand and ten" John said, there had to be something of his wife's death on records, maybe even a marrige record of them getting wed.

"Accessing records of events" Vox said, ten years showed up, "year of inquiry sir?"

"uh... two thousand and seven please, August the third." John said, he found it odd, but then again it was, how the hell did he know about the dates? he never remembered them very well, but then this was all on a total whim.

The data came onto the glass, and John read it as the Vox spoke, "August the third two thousand and seven, President Hayes speaks at a funeral of a freind and gives at the same place a ceremony to one John Sheppard of Flint Michigan his discharge. John sheppard later disappeared after four years, never to be seen again, a memorial was planned but never happened."

"You said John Sheppard?" John asked looking up from the data, he was reading what He heard Hayes say twice. "Tell me about him."

"John Sheppard, 1967 to 2007, a man of the military life, had a falling out with his father and mother at a young age and was married twice, his first wife remarried to a Sir Tomas Goodwine, his second wife died shortly before he did." Vox said as if reciting info for a school teacher. "Is there anything else sir?"

"Yes, uh... what was his cause of death?" John asked.

"Cause of death was researchged for John Sheppard, he went missing on August the fifith from his home in Flint after a power outage, a memorial was planned but never took place. he was near fourty years of age. Would there be anything else sir?"

"What was his motives for his disapearance?"

"Unknown, the data is inaccessible, would you like me to try another access path sir?"

"Uh... no thank, I think I'll take my chances without knowing." John said turning and leaving the library, heading back for his machine, so far this new world was different, then something struck him, "actually there is something. The Stargate Program, anything on it?"

"The stargate program headed first by Generasl West, then later by General George Hammond, begain in 1992 with its first mission, may people thought it a hoax, until Preisnet Hayes came out in 2009 with the truth behind the secret program. John Sheppard was a member of a team that went through the stargate on a monthly basis. The program is still going on today, curently headed once more by General Hammond. Will therebe anything else sir?"

"Yes, why can't one change the past?"

"Because onr cannot travel into, the past."

"But what if one could?"

"One cannot."

"Thanks anyway, I'll try again in the future." John said leaving the library in a disgusted manner. So far things weren't easier, he'd read what Hayes had said at his wifes funeral of all things, he was hopingto get that twice damned speech out of his head! John went back to the machine, and slid the control back into its place, and started forwards again, only there was something wrong about the moon, he'd noticed it as he walked back to the machine, it was closer then he knew it to be, but then, wasn't it always close to the Earth?

Here you go Linda

Comment

John Sheppard, Time Traveller with two new chapters! here is chapter three. . . Titled, "Botching his Chance". . .
                Spoiler:
                Finally it was done, John put the last crystal into place, and a faint hum started from the machine, the thing looked like something similar to a fan on both the front and the back, with a pair of fanblades made of clear crystaline glass interwoven with silver metal, the dashborad was done, and it was ready for use.

John got cleaned up, and took a look at his watch, it was just after midnight on a friday in June, exactly one year from when Teyla and he were married, and exactly four years since her death that same day. He made a mental note to go back five extra days so he could get to the SGC in time to save his wife from her death.

Sitting in the seat he took a crystal covered staff about seven or so inches long out of his vest, and put it in its place, securing it with a pin. a low hiss sounded off as the contacts of the handle and the main control unit made contact with the other. John grabed a P90 from his desk, as well as some ammo. He'd need it. He made a mental note to get a few knives from the SGC Armory as well when he' make a pitstop by there for more ammo.

"OK John, go save Teyla." He pressed the crystal handle forwards and the fans begain to move ever faster, a greygreen light hitting the front, and the back as the four blades spun ever faster, time begain to move at a good pace, then it happened, ball of blue light appeared around him and the machine in which he sat, and the readout on the dash begain to go backwards four years, and five days, when with a boom, it was over, he was in the past, and Teyla was sdtill alive, but he had only five days in which to get to the SGC before she died.

Turning the machine off and locking the bedroom door, John looked out the window, everything was the same as it was four years into the future, only the room was cleaner, and there was not as many desks or tables. John also saw that it was dark, and he had begun to go against the clock as it was right then. He took off for the SGC.

Two days later he arrived, and faked his name and rank as a Col Joshua Stone to get inside, then he hid in a closet and waited. he heard the normal daily doings, then the orders his team was to get, he smiled, he was already there, but then the rest of his team, and his wife, weren't.

Then he saw his team, and himself arrive, he'd seen Walter get killed already, hell he was the one that found his body as well. he also felt a krick in his kneck, 'maybe I shouldn't have done that vulcan neck bench on myself' he thought after hiding himself in another room. as he took his own place with Teyla, this time she was taking point.

"See anything?" He asked a minute or so later of joining up with his wife, he wanted to hug her right then and there but kept himself from doing so. he kept an eye on thier six, putting himself in Teyla's place.

"Nothing." Teyla said as she and him looked through the jumper bay, John kepts a close eye on the door, so far so good. "There is none here in this room but us." she said at last when they finished with the jumpers storeroom above the gate.

"OK, lets see, Rodney find anything yet?" John asked into his radio.

"Nothing yet, other the ntwo dead soldiers heading your way." Rodney said "Ronons injured from gunfire, but he's good to go"

"OK nothing her ewith the jumper, be with you guys at the Infirmary." John said before motioning to Teyla to take the lead again as he keopts a sharpe eye on the halls behind. Gunfire was heard ahead, "This is Sheppard, Teyla and I are nearing gunfire, those shooting please respond if on our side." He was met with silence. then a scream as Teyla was hit by a stray bullet in the hip. "oh hell" John swore, his mind thinking 'not again, not this soon!!' He put a field dressing on the wound.

He then half caried half suppoerted Teyla as she fired her P90 at the person that attacked her, and the Asrak fired one more shot, then died, thankfully John pulled Teyla out of the line of fire, but he did not keep her from death.

And Chapter four, titled, "Unanswered Questions". . .
                Spoiler:
                John had left the SGC like he did before and had gone home, he stared at the locket he had of Teyla, which hung on the dash of the Time Machine he had made with Janus' work and research, It had all come for naught, and he knew it, maybe the answer was in the future? He slid the crystaline control into place and started up the machine, then headed for the future.

Time outside the machine rushed past at a faster rated then it did backwards, he watched himself make the machine, then he went forwards in time, watching through the bubble as his familys home was taken down, and a city was made in its place, and the farmland was built into a city. then he noticed something else.

The year was two thousand and twenty, he stopped the machine and took hold of the handle, and slid it into his pocket, and made sure he had the weapons he had clooected from the SGC before leaving, if anyone mugged him in this city where his familys home once stood, he'd be ready for them, what with his flak vest and gun, looked like a soldier that just got off the plane at the wrong station.

Everything was different, there was cars, like his own world, only these were different like everything else, all darker colors, nothing in a retor look to them at all, some had what looked to be bike wheels while others had wheels used for hauling cattle, but then there was no cattle to be seen.

John entered what he remembered was the Flint Library, it was differetn, not as many books, but there was other things, there was what looked like a black ball in the center of a room, with four halls going in two different diecretions, each hall had what looked like six panes of glass.

"Welcome to the Vox Datatransfer System, How can I help you?" a voice said as a three wing of light appread on the black ball.
                John turned around fast, his P90 aimed and ready to fire, "Who said that?"

"I did." came the voice.

"And you are.... where?" John asked lowing his weapon, the libarary was oddly empty of staff, where was everyone?

"Right here sir." the voice said appearing in a pane of glass. "area of inquiry?" he asked.

"uh... Past events two thousand to two thusand and ten" John said, there had to be something of his wife's death on records, maybe even a marrige record of them getting wed.

"Accessing records of events" Vox said, ten years showed up, "year of inquiry sir?"

"uh... two thousand and seven please, August the third." John said, he found it odd, but then again it was, how the hell did he know about the dates? he never remembered them very well, but then this was all on a total whim.

The data came onto the glass, and John read it as the Vox spoke, "August the third two thousand and seven, President Hayes speaks at a funeral of a freind and gives at the same place a ceremony to one John Sheppard of Flint Michigan his discharge. John sheppard later disappeared after four years, never to be seen again, a memorial was planned but never happened."

"You said John Sheppard?" John asked looking up from the data, he was reading what He heard Hayes say twice. "Tell me about him."

"John Sheppard, 1967 to 2007, a man of the military life, had a falling out with his father and mother at a young age and was married twice, his first wife remarried to a Sir Tomas Goodwine, his second wife died shortly before he did." Vox said as if reciting info for a school teacher. "Is there anything else sir?"

"Yes, uh... what was his cause of death?" John asked.

"Cause of death was researchged for John Sheppard, he went missing on August the fifith from his home in Flint after a power outage, a memorial was planned but never took place. he was near fourty years of age. Would there be anything else sir?"

"What was his motives for his disapearance?"

"Unknown, the data is inaccessible, would you like me to try another access path sir?"

"Uh... no thank, I think I'll take my chances without knowing." John said turning and leaving the library, heading back for his machine, so far this new world was different, then something struck him, "actually there is something. The Stargate Program, anything on it?"

"The stargate program headed first by Generasl West, then later by General George Hammond, begain in 1992 with its first mission, may people thought it a hoax, until Preisnet Hayes came out in 2009 with the truth behind the secret program. John Sheppard was a member of a team that went through the stargate on a monthly basis. The program is still going on today, curently headed once more by General Hammond. Will therebe anything else sir?"

"Yes, why can't one change the past?"

"Because onr cannot travel into, the past."

"But what if one could?"

"One cannot."

"Thanks anyway, I'll try again in the future." John said leaving the library in a disgusted manner. So far things weren't easier, he'd read what Hayes had said at his wifes funeral of all things, he was hopingto get that twice damned speech out of his head! John went back to the machine, and slid the control back into its place, and started forwards again, only there was something wrong about the moon, he'd noticed it as he walked back to the machine, it was closer then he knew it to be, but then, wasn't it always close to the Earth?

Here you go Linda
                Oh very interesting
                Spoiler:
                Will he save Teyla...He has to!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Excellent idea!!! Whatever works at this point is what I vote for. And Ronon would have fun doing it.
                  Maybe he'd enjoy it a little too much though
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh very interesting
                    Spoiler:
                    Will he save Teyla...He has to!!!
                    well he is currently in the year. . . . 2020, and there is something wrong with the moon. . . .

Comment

well he is currently in the year. . . . 2020, and there is something wrong with the moon. . . .
                      Spoiler:
                      Yes there is definately something wrong with the Moon because the Moon is getting further away from the Earth,it shouldn't be getting closer so there is something seriously wrong!
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Yes there is definately something wrong with the Moon because the Moon is getting further away from the Earth,it shouldn't be getting closer so there is something seriously wrong!
                        Spoiler:
                        Something IS wrong with the moon because it is normally 270,000 miles from the Earth, only now it is more like 7,300 miles in the story!

just wait until chapters five and six!!(total chapters is planned to be ten with a closing note of what happens back in his time(2007))

Comment

Maybe he'd enjoy it a little too much though
                          He would! The bad boy! He loves to beat on our poor Sheppy too much! Course, John lets him, so who's the bigger dummy?

Comment

WOW,sci stunning...Rachel's gonna freak when she see's all you guys have done!

Read it,left review!

Spoiler:
                            I actually felt a bit sorry for Katie too and remember this is coming from someone that DOES.NOT.LIKE.THIS.SHIP. But Rodney was like a whiny brat....I just wanted her to give him a right good slap.....This is my least favourite Rodney ep in the whole 4 Seasons...I really didn't like him at all in this ep....All he done was whine whine whine!!!

I'm glad however that Zelenka got a chance to save the day instead of Rodney again,at least he doesn't whine all the time...

When Teyla got upset after they felt the Baby kicked i interpreted it to the fact she was worried about the Baby more than anything else but that's just me!
                            Thanks a good point too about Teyla.

Spoiler:

Awesome summary Suz. I totally agree.
                            Thanks

You should've seen the RK thread buzzing. You and Vabs would have been proud.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                              Thanks a good point too about Teyla.

Awesome summary Suz. I totally agree.
                              Thanks

You should've seen the RK thread buzzing. You and Vabs would have been proud.
                              Hey Lea sorry about not staying on im last night im hoping to come on tonight
                              Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                                Hey Lea sorry about not staying on im last night im hoping to come on tonight
                                Oh. No problem hun. I understand. I'll hopefully catch you later.

Comment

Working...
                                X