John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camy
    Mel...you sooo made my night last night...UM..more like this morning..I went to bed at like 1:00a.m.. horrible..but I had the greatest time with you and Lord Shiva and who else was here....hmm...now I am going senile! or is it cenile! Now I forgot to spelll....AHHHHHH
    I had a great time too Camy It was tons of fun. I stayed up even after you left and didn't go to bed until I-dont-want-to-know-o'clock! But it was fun, and really took my mind of my belly-ache.

Comment

Cpt..you are right about relationships can bring out some drama and characterization, but remember that the writers of this show don't know how to do this effectively...any other show has done it...but these writers seem to loose it when they get into the shippy stuff and I don't want Rachel to loose out on all of the great things that her character can accomplish to turn her into the woman waiting by the stargate for her man! She is too great a character for that....GOSH! I can't believe I am writing this..ME of all people!

Yeah, Cpt. you are it!
      True, I would absolutely hate it if that happened to Teyla. Both Joe Flanigan and Rachel Luttrell are fantastic actors, I would just hope that TPTB work on their shippy stuff. I know they've got it in them. They made some incredibly powerful scenes between Sam and Jack in SG-1 Seasons 5, 6, and 7. What killed them was how they dropped it. Partially because RDA left the show, but partly because they just quit. If they do this, they'd have to work at it.

Well, TAG Snogging, you're it.
      Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
        True Camy, though it still breaks my heart to see him blantantly getting close to other women, (AKA Cpt. Kirking) And yes, the ship would still be a side to the story. (We don't want soap operas) It'd be interesting to see how their relationships to others would work if they were both secretly in love. Would it impact their duty to Atlantis?
        Now this I like...I think that it would be very interesting if suddenly they discover that they are very much attracted to one another and kind of agree that now is not the time...but then they are secretly eyeing each other and finally they can't control it and they begin their relationship secretly..this can work...because while the others don't suspect anything, this can be sort of a side story..and bring out some tension and some great lines...and plots...whereas once they get together...the stories will most likely be predictable and boring...remember Torres and Patrick..or whatever his name was in Voyager....they were a very boring couple once they got started...
        sigpic

Comment

Wow...Nice thoughts' all good....

R.I.P Wraithlord
          Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Ya know, I REALLY need to find time to read these fics.....

Thanks to -Jules- for the sig pic!

"It hops, it hops! It hops jolly high!" The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux

Comment

If the scenes intensify, then maybe... I just long for something more. Call me a hopeless romantic and yes I know it won't happen anytime soon, (If we can take a hint from S/J over at SG-1). I just hope it doesn't get dropped, there's something that connects those two beyond a normal level. I don't think that if it happens it should take away from Teyla's character, if anything it will show us how she faces adversity of this type, for that matter, how John faces that kind of adversity.

(Wow, this is getting deep)

By the way, I think the message went through Snogging. You should have a vid in your school email.
              I agree with you 100% and I believe it can be done if they have us as writers..but I just don't trust these writers..not yet anyways...and I really think that so far they are developing this relationship beautifully and I would hate for it to get ruined because they rushed into it...let's give them time and space...and let them continue with this little flirtatious things...and then maybe by the first half of season 3 I would like to see some revelation..or something...
              sigpic

Comment

Now this I like...I think that it would be very interesting if suddenly they discover that they are very much attracted to one another and kind of agree that now is not the time...but then they are secretly eyeing each other and finally they can't control it and they begin their relationship secretly..this can work...because while the others don't suspect anything, this can be sort of a side story..and bring out some tension and some great lines...and plots...whereas once they get together...the stories will most likely be predictable and boring...remember Torres and Patrick..or whatever his name was in Voyager....they were a very boring couple once they got started...
                That's because there was little conflict. What makes a ship good is that (in my opinion) you've gotta keep your viewers interested. They get bored if the couples are just all plain and good. You've gotta have conflict. Basically, the characters lives have to become this tangled mass of conflict because... face it... that's what we watch the show for.

Yeah, absolutely no rushing into it. This cannot be a single episode "Hey Teyla, let's go out." Kinda thing. That works for Cpt. Kirking, not for the serious relationship side of things.

Comment

Hey Ritter you lose my e-mail address?

Comment

I agree with you 100% and I believe it can be done if they have us as writers..but I just don't trust these writers..not yet anyways...and I really think that so far they are developing this relationship beautifully and I would hate for it to get ruined because they rushed into it...let's give them time and space...and let them continue with this little flirtatious things...and then maybe by the first half of season 3 I would like to see some revelation..or something...
                    HI Witchy...HI Mel...HI..Lee...you do need to read these fics..You have four writers here...Witchy, Mel, SP, and Cpt. Ritter...I am just starting..and don't consider myself a writer quite yet...just a beginner...
                    sigpic

Comment

Okay guys, I'm off to write a paper and frolick in the snow! Talk to you soon, and keep up the discussion. I'll be back to comment tomorrow, I promise. Love you all!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

If they rushed into this ship, i don't think it would have been attractive for us, because most chance it would have been very short lived and bland. So i'm all for it taking its time and slowly evolving into a wonderful long term relationship, because that's what it can become, after seeing all the little hints here and there, (ie. the glances, the looks, the smiles.)...

And you're right Cpt. there needs to be conflict, because if it didn't have any it would be so boring we'd again be disinterested in it. and think it a complete waste of screen time.

R.I.P Wraithlord
                        Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Laters Snogging, Good luck on the paper...and have fun in the snow..

R.I.P Wraithlord
                          Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

I'm sending it now, give it ten minutes or so to upload and then send.

Later Snogging. Check the vid if you get a chance.

Comment

I'm sending it now, give it ten minutes or so to upload and then send.

Later Snogging. Check the vid if you get a chance.
                              Exactly what I have been trying to say...if they rush into it..we wouldn't love this ship the way we do...and if they do it without any type of conflict, it would be so boring...although I would watch it just because they are now together...hehehe...

Okay. I must leave now as well...kids are tugging on my clothes...they are saying that I am spending too much time in the computer..and that is just wrong....

love the convo...
                              Night SP....goodnight Witchy...Night Cpt...Goodnight Mel...Good night Black Panther, Goodnight Sheylafan87, Goodnight Spirited Chihiro..and all the guests...keep it up...love John and Teyla...love you guys even more...
                              sigpic

Comment

Good night Camy, I always come out of these discussion feeling better. Anyone still actually posting or just trying to catch up with the deep discussion SP, Camy, and I were having a few minutes ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X