John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aaobuttons
    I wonder if that's because Shep had thought and possibly dreamed about taking Teyla to Earth. The others might have been her friends, but probably hadn't thought of her much outside of their current situation. Shep was always talking about showing her things on earth, things they would do, things she would enjoy.
    That's true...he had been talking to her about it right before they went off world...so i guess they could have taken the newest memory....

I've also been toying with a bunny surrounding Teyla either by herself or with another member and Shep out in the world with a dream Teyla. With him able to manipulate her, I wonder how she would act?
    Oh that sounds good...i've read one on ff.net...where John is in a coma of sorts and he dreams up a Teyla in the dreamscape, but then the real Teyla enters his dream...it was so cute... ...You should write that...there isn't enought Shep/Teyla fics...

R.I.P Wraithlord
    Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by Black Panther
      I love this scene. Teyla rolls her eyes when he mentions her shopping. They definitely acted like their married. Than when he mentions that she picked out a nice outfit. She gets this smug smile on her face and the tone of her voice when she says thank you. Wonder what that was all about?
      LOL...I'd forgotten to mention that...but Yes!...that was so married like...Cause he did a quick save with complimenting her on her outfit after talking about how long she took...

Also, i may have imagined it, and it may also be that Teyla was a little curious about his behavior, when in the apartment he says he was thinking about Dr. Weir,..and the rest of the ppl on atlantis.. Teyla had a kind of odd voice/expression when she said that she's sure they are okay...what do you think?....am i going insane?

R.I.P Wraithlord
      Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
        Okay....this whole thing with Teyla and John...I know Teyla is not going to turn into a flirt..it's not in her...and John would probably not fall for her if she turns into one either...its like it's okay for him to do it but not for her...
        I agree that based on what we've seen that it would be hard to see Teyla as a flirt, but I disagree that John would be turned off if she were a flirt - that is if he really loved her. I could see him being irritated by it, but I can't see him not being interested in her because of it.

Hmmm, in fact, I would find his being irritated by her flirting with others more interesting than having her stoically waiting for him until he gets his flirting out of his system. From what I've seen of John, he relishs a challenge so the woman who attracts his attention, long-term, has to be a woman who can keep him on his toes.

Originally posted by Camy
        I can see Teyla taking her time to really develop feeling for someone and she is one to stay committed forever... I agree that John flirts because it's part of his personality..he does it with Teyla all the time and with Weir as well..I did notice that he went up to Chaya rather quickly and told her to call him John...instead of Col. Sheppard....why did it take him so long to say that to Teyla and why was it while he was under a virus...and how come Weir can call him John and not Teyla? Is it that she is not in the military and just a civilian? Well, in reality is Teyla consider now part of the military? I know these are questions that have probably been discussed before...but, maybe I was daydreaming or something...
        We could definately use more development of Teyla's character because, at this point, we can only speculate about how she would react to a man (outside of the Atlantis and Athosian groups) that she finds attractive. It's possible that she could see her current situation as a workplace and/or family situation and that she would react completely different if she met someone that she finds attractive outside of those boundaries.

There are so many storyline possibilities that I hope to see realized, including some kind of clarification of how old Teyla is. This weekend, I watched "The Eye" and in that fight between her and Sora, Teyla seemed much older and much more experienced than Sora, who appeared to be no more than 20. Teyla owned that fight. It was like watching a parent discipline a bratty child.
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana

Comment

I was flipping through the screencaps for Home and I started thinking about the beer drinking scene. Most women when they get a beer kind of sip on it. Teyla didn't know that and she started chugging hers with gusto. What I find interesting is that Shep seemed to like this in her. The fact that she was different and didn't do things like other girls made her more appealing to Shep than say Weir (which I don't think there's anything more than friendship for Shep/Weir but if there was I'd go on the one sided Weir rebounding sort of ship). Thoughts?
          It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

That age think is really not clear, so i'm with you on them clarifying that, i remember reading that she's suppose to be 20-25..that's when they first had character profiles, and Shep is suppose to be 35?. ...But in 'Childhood's end' John immediately asks Ford how old he is....and he say 25..so we're to assume Teyla is also over 25 since John didn't ask her? or is it that they just assume that Teyla and the Athosians don't keep track of things like that....

R.I.P Wraithlord
            Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
              Camy, take your time and get your household and family stuff settled. We'll wait. Impatiently, but we'll wait.
              Okay, we've waited long enough, Camy! Get back here and share your experiences!

--Just kidding. I don't want to work, so I thought I would harass Camy.

Comment

I was flipping through the screencaps for Home and I started thinking about the beer drinking scene. Most women when they get a beer kind of sip on it. Teyla didn't know that and she started chugging hers with gusto. What I find interesting is that Shep seemed to like this in her. The fact that she was different and didn't do things like other girls made her more appealing to Shep than say Weir (which I don't think there's anything more than friendship for Shep/Weir but if there was I'd go on the one sided Weir rebounding sort of ship). Thoughts?
                He did have that appreciative look...the look he gave her was almost like, 'oh yeah, i like this girl', like what i've seen some say, when he flipped the cap, come on he's so showing off...That is so a guy trying to impress a girl. and Teyla chugging the beer was just so her, showing her enjoyment of experiencing new things, that i think Shep appreciated it since i mean some girls do this whole show,that Teyla just doesn't do, and he liked that...i just confused you all didn't i?....

R.I.P Wraithlord
                Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                  Okay, we've waited long enough, Camy! Get back here and share your experiences!

--Just kidding. I don't want to work, so I thought I would harass Camy.
                  LOL...Patience is a virtue....

R.I.P Wraithlord
                  Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
                    That age think is really not clear, so i'm with you on them clarifying that, i remember reading that she's suppose to be 20-25..that's when they first had character profiles, and Shep is suppose to be 35?. ...But in 'Childhood's end' John immediately asks Ford how old he is....and he say 25..so we're to assume Teyla is also over 25 since John didn't ask her? or is it that they just assume that Teyla and the Athosians don't keep track of things like that....
                    Can't stay long...have to write an 8 page paper by Thursday and am drawing a blank...so needed a break...

I tend to forget what age everyone is suppose to be, in particular Teyla. When I first saw 'The Rising' I didn't know her supposed age or John's for that matter so I judged their characters by their actions and how they acted.

Teyla just seemed mature, older...wiser... So actual age never entered into my mind.

Glad you enjoyed meeting Rachel Camy...even if you had to sit through everyone else!

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007
                      LOL...Patience is a virtue....
                      I have patience...sure I do...ah maybe not...this is the girl who is seeing Harry Potter on Friday...have to wait an hour in line but least I'll have a buddy with me...

But for Camy...I'll be a good little girl and wait patiently...

Comment

I wonder if that's because Shep had thought and possibly dreamed about taking Teyla to Earth. The others might have been her friends, but probably hadn't thought of her much outside of their current situation. Shep was always talking about showing her things on earth, things they would do, things she would enjoy.

...'dreamed about taking Teyla to Earth...'

Oh that did my Shippy heart some good. Shep has Teyla on the mind!!! I would love to see Shep actually show Teyla around earth...which is why 'Intruder' let me down...perfect opportunity...

I love 'Home' for the line "I thought that was you" This just said to me that John really knew Teyla and could tell her apart from some illusion...
                        (I also like the look he threw her when he said this...)

Comment

I was flipping through the screencaps for Home and I started thinking about the beer drinking scene. Most women when they get a beer kind of sip on it. Teyla didn't know that and she started chugging hers with gusto. What I find interesting is that Shep seemed to like this in her.
                          I agree, that beer scene was amusing because he clearly appreciated her open and honest enjoyment of that beer. He seemed to love that she didn't have any need to pretend she didn't like it because it wasn't appropriate or ladylike. Shep seems to be the kind of man who is willing to try almost anything once and he seems to appreciate that trait in others.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
                            Can't stay long...have to write an 8 page paper by Thursday and am drawing a blank...so needed a break...

I tend to forget what age everyone is suppose to be, in particular Teyla. When I first saw 'The Rising' I didn't know her supposed age or John's for that matter so I judged their characters by their actions and how they acted.

Teyla just seemed mature, older...wiser... So actual age never entered into my mind.

Glad you enjoyed meeting Rachel Camy...even if you had to sit through everyone else!
                            I'm with you on forgetting how old she, or anybody else, is supposed to be. The only time it becomes an issue is when I read fanfic that seems to have Teyla as Sora's age and that's jarring because Sora seems to be a child and I see Teyla as a woman.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl
                              I love 'Home' for the line "I thought that was you" This just said to me that John really knew Teyla and could tell her apart from some illusion...
                              (I also like the look he threw her when he said this...)

His look and line always amused me because it makes me think he tried to get her to do something and she didn't which disappointed or frustrated him. Like he kept thinking that she should get in a bikini and go swimming or something and all she did was sit on the couch and talk to his made up friends.

Now another interesting senario would be if he DID think she was the fake Teyla. What if he had pulled a "window of opportunity" sort of deal where he just took her into a big dipping kiss thinking she wasn't real? That's not the sort of thing you can explain away on the Eratus bug!
                              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Now another interesting senario would be if he DID think she was the fake Teyla. What if he had pulled a "window of opportunity" sort of deal where he just took her into a big dipping kiss thinking she wasn't real? That's not the sort of thing you can explain away on the Eratus bug!

Now I would love to see that! You need to be a writer for the show...make this fangirl very happy!

How would Teyla have reacted back...join in...raise her eyebrow in amuesment...perhaps even call him John (gasp!)

Comment

Working...
                                X