John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crescere View Post
    Thank you Teyilia! On that note I guess I should take some of my own advice and stop looking for answers.
    Spoiler:

Why did that come out so big? Let me try this again. Hopefully I'm getting the message across.

Spoiler:
    I'm a believer!!!! Um...in JT love if I haven't made that clear enough already.
    I'm with you Crescere!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by No Doubt Fan View Post
      the spoiler tabs and the smiles and everything else doesn't want to work so i have to write everything like this and I have to say that im not very happy with the turn of events and even if teyla hasn't jumped in the guys bed it seems as though he will be verry important to her which can cause a distance between her and John
      I too donnot like that there is someone else for Teyla, fact being that you can clearly see who the pair act around the other and how Ronon (and possibly Keller and Rodney) want them to finally get things over with and hook up.

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

AHHHHH!!!! I just found this over in the betting Pool thread for Teyla http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=141 I really hope they know what they are doing, I can't see anther guy coming on the scene it's not going to work...

ETA: I asked JM if I could say what was on my mind since I have to wait until the season comes to DVD, hopefully it wont start a flame war, I mostly gave my thoughts on what would and would not work for the whole soapy feel the show seems to have taken on (TEyla going for another man from her past? Sounds a little soapy right?)

Anyway I'm shutting down our little trip to wearth is at 08:00 and I thankfully get to bring the computer with me

I will hopefully see eveyone tomrrow night for hopefully an hour, maybe even see everyone longer on saturday afternoon

~Tey

PS: go back me about the whole "no soapy feel please" if you can guys!
        Last edited by Princess Awinita; 27 September 2007, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
          Spoiler:
          Hmmm, maybe if asked in that way, he may be more willing to answer that question since it looks like any type of romance question he seems to brush of or be snarky.
          That's what I'm hoping for.

Originally posted by No Doubt Fan View Post
          the spoiler tabs and the smiles and everything else doesn't want to work so i have to write everything like this and I have to say that im not very happy with the turn of events and even if teyla hasn't jumped in the guys bed it seems as though he will be verry important to her which can cause a distance between her and John
          Don't worry NDF,(I hope you don't mind me abbreviating your name.) It's a pain, but you can also type it. Sorry it's giving you a hard time. For spoiler tag you can just type [/spoiler] on the right of what you want to cover and[spoiler] on the left.

Don't worry we'll will take care of you.

Also NDF, when you want a sig let us know and I'm sure one of us can help you with that too.

Why did that come out so big? Let me try this again. Hopefully I'm getting the message across.

Spoiler:
          I'm a believer!!!! Um...in JT love if I haven't made that clear enough already.
          Awesome Job. Crescere. Thanks.

Guys:
          Spoiler:
          I'm not liking this idea with Teyla being with another man, but at the end of it all, it's just a show. We don't if the actors are telling the truth or giving us misinformations.We need to relax and no amount **tching is going to change the eps that they already finished shooting. Let's just take some deep breathes and chill. I'm totally bummed too, but it's not over it it's over and the season hasn't even started yet.

Comment

OK for now forget about the upcoming baby pre-birth storylines OK? I have a NON-BABY story to post a sum up for then I'm really off for bed. It is called, The Ancient Furling ....
            Spoiler:
            John has a dream, he sees himself as John, son of Sheppard, of Armath of the Royal Guard of Ramses in Ancient Egypt (well before the time of Moses), He is in love with Teyla Daughter of Emmagan of India. The Goddess Bastet (who is also a Furling a cat-like humanoid) arrives, and the Pharaoh grants Teyla one request, that she marry the soldier of her choosing with the Goddess in full view, but the Goddess is truely Bastet of the Furlings who had taken on the Cat god's likeness.

With the Goddess in plain sight of everything Ramses tells the Goddess that "anything you ask of me shall be given, right down to the smallest lamb", only she chooses two people (you guessed it, John and Teyla are the pair.) Badstet's soldiers are like Ra's soldiers in the Stargate Movie, Advanced weaponry and everything, heck even the face armor from the movie is on the soldiers of Bastet as well.
            hopefully the story will be added to and co-authored with a friend of mine

now i'm really going to bed

~Tey

Comment

scifan: Did you see her on the Bionic Woman last night. She plays a good bad guy. It wasn't too bad. It's nothing like the original series, but that's ok. It's by the same creator, I think. Is MS the one that plays Chief?
              Spoiler:

Now I understand what you were saying about Chief. I didn't realize he was in the show too. I just watched it and I really feel bad for the actors. With all the hype I thought it would be better. I don't plan to watch it. There wasn't enough of Mark Sheppard for my taste, and Katee had too many cliches written into her lines. Basically the writing was horrible, and setting up the plot was slow and sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                AHHHHH!!!! I just found this over in the betting Pool thread for Teyla http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=141
                Thanks for the link, Tey!

Spoiler:
                So this officially confirms what we already have been saying, that John is not the father. But it's interesting that he says one will not be happy and it strains relationships with him. I'm assuming that "him" is John and would tie into that "John is jealous" comment that Rachel said her and Joe were discussing. I don't mind that kind of angst! Cool! But I'll still be bummed if this turns out to be a regular pregnancy. I'm still hoping for that twist! LOL!
                Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

AHHHHH!!!! I just found this over in the betting Pool thread for Teyla http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=141 I really hope they know what they are doing, I can't see anther guy coming on the scene it's not going to work...

ETA: I asked JM if I could say what was on my mind since I have to wait until the season comes to DVD, hopefully it wont start a flame war, I mostly gave my thoughts on what would and would not work for the whole soapy feel the show seems to have taken on (TEyla going for another man from her past? Sounds a little soapy right?)

Anyway I'm shutting down our little trip to wearth is at 08:00 and I thankfully get to bring the computer with me

I will hopefully see eveyone tomrrow night for hopefully an hour, maybe even see everyone longer on saturday afternoon

~Tey

Thanks Teyilia for the info!
                  Spoiler:
                  Can't say i'm happy about the fact that it is just a regular guy because at least the way i see Teyla, she must truly care about this person to sleep with them. The only good thing i like is that it looks like this news is really going to affect John. This could make him realize and admit to himself his true feeling for her and maybe finally act on it. This will explain Rachel's meaning about Joe F. saying that John is jealous of her pregnancy. JM did make it sound and emphasized how "him" which we could assume is John is really going to be affected by the news and even strain it a bit so that does sound promissing. But yeah, time will tell.
                  sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

This is a quote from that interview in Bold it sounds lik we will get some angst afterall between Shepard and Teyla
                    Spoiler:
                    And one of the things that comes to mind is the Teyla character, a character who has been woefully underused the past couple of seasons. We have this whole dark story arc for her which we more or less planned out. And at the beginning of the season, Rachel [Luttrell, the actress who plays Teyla] came in and told us she was pregnant. That was a bit of a curve ball. We discussed it and found a way to work it in the storyline. It actually worked very, very well for the season. So the character of Teyla will be pregnant for Season Four. And that will impact not only the team dynamic and her relationship, particularly with Sheppard, but an overall dark arc we set in motion early in the season.
                    Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Real life has taken over, so guys...i won't be here as much...as it is, I"m not.

Just some updates....I've been out of the online world for two days now...so here are some goodies....Mrs. B and WingedPegasus wrote fics for Beya's challenge. But I just posted them today....check them out. Also Ubi made two gorgeous wallies.

http://community.livejournal.com/sga_beya/13211.html

Here is the masterlist again...

Spoiler:
                      Allegiance
                      Any song by the Beach Boys
                      Amnesia
                      AU-What if John was leader of the Athosians and Teyla was from Earth?
                      Beloved hostages
                      Breathless Anticipation
                      Butterfly kisses
                      Candles
                      Careless whisper
                      Caves
                      Chocolate
                      Cinderella stories
                      Clear blue skies
                      Diamond
                      DVD boxsets
                      Enemies working together
                      Family
                      Fire
                      "Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly..."
                      G.I. Joe
                      Grass
                      Green
                      House key
                      How the Athosians see John and Teyla's relationship
                      Kittens
                      John naked and tied up
                      John sharing an Earth tradition with Teyla
                      Leather
                      Locked elbows
                      Loss
                      Monsters
                      Paradise
                      Preferential treatment
                      Reaching out
                      Regrets
                      Rollercoaster
                      Roses
                      Sharing a secret
                      Shoes
                      Sunset
                      Strawberries
                      Stuck in a puddle jumper together
                      Teyla in a slinky scarlet dress
                      Trampled heart
                      Waterfall
                      Weighted glances
                      Wine
                      Wraith dreams
                      "You got all eyes on you no matter where you are"

So, I just read a little bit of what is going on lately and well, I'm dissapointed...
                      Spoiler:
                      I can't see myself liking the idea that Teyla will have someone else's baby and now John is supposed to be the second in line once that guy dies or dissappears. I also can't beleive that JM simply replied to that question so easily that the father is not an Atlantis expedition member when all this time he's dodging the question. If this baby has a father and it was done by normal conception, how can I possibly think this would bring John and Teyla together, I don't want it to. And from the sound of the interview, it doesn't sound like we are going to move any forward with this in Season 4 as far as John and Teyla are concerned...I think it's going to shake up their level of trust and their friendship in the sense that John will see that Teyla has a secret life aside from Atlantis and I think and by what he told Ronon he's under the impression that Teyla only hangs out with him and now Ronon..which is what we've been seeing....and that to him will be a strong blow in the head. To me as well. To think that Teyla had no life after Atlantis is truly not realistic, I agree with that...but to think that Teyla has other relationships beyond Atlantis, when even on her day off she spends it with the Atlantians, doesn't really add up.

I don't want John to reveal his feelings to himself or to Teyla after he's been flirting with a sexy hot alien and after Teyla has been shacking with another guy. And it does sound like he's an Athosian because it's not a member of the Expedition Team in Atlantis...so there's that. And if she's embracing it, it can't be a Michael thing. And JM clearly pointed out the reason why she kept it a secret..so it has nothing to do with it being something out of the ordinary.

We are going to get those moments, but I think they aren't going to be romantic. JM clearly stated, But I will say this: fans who are looking for any kind of on-base romance will be disappointed.

Oh, well! I'll still enjoy the show. The only thing is that I can only think is that they aren't ruling off a romance with JT but that they will continue to play with it...as JM stated, they want to see where they go with it.

That's just my two cents, of course. But I care not to see a JT getting stronger by another man's baby!!!!!

Sorry, I'll leave that to the soaps.
                      Last edited by Jeyla4ever; 28 September 2007, 12:05 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

~Tey

You know what...
                        Spoiler:
                        I was always wishing that john was somehow connected to the baby...however i kind of deep down knew that this was probably not likely...loved to be proven wrong though!! anyway from this that JM has said i dont think we need panic...doesnt mean the person or thing that made her pregnant is going to spoil our ship...i mean he also says that one 'him' is not pleased that she has kept it secret from him...so we can assume it might be john and therefore some jealousy!?!? some good angst might result....no??
                        -thanks Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

Originally posted by spirited Chihiro View Post
                          You know what...
                          Spoiler:
                          I was always wishing that john was somehow connected to the baby...however i kind of deep down knew that this was probably not likely...loved to be proven wrong though!! anyway from this that JM has said i dont think we need panic...doesnt mean the person or thing that made her pregnant is going to spoil our ship...i mean he also says that one 'him' is not pleased that she has kept it secret from him...so we can assume it might be john and therefore some jealousy!?!? some good angst might result....no??
                          I think we will definatley see some angst betwen these two now and that could be a good thing for them as it will show us if John will really get jealous or will he stand by her but im all for the angst thing i can only say that it can only make their bond stronger so nobody give up hope i mean its not like he said that they are totally scrapping any notion of any Romance between jt they just probably want to test the audience to see how they react and how much further they can work on the relationship between thes two and ie it will bring them even closer
                          Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

So, this news from JM...

Spoiler:
                            I'm not feeling all that subtle this morning.

The ptb are at a fork in the road right now, well in truth they probably were months back when deciding upon this but you get the point.

Go one way and they make a bloody mockery of three years of character devlopment, and then for kicks send JT on a course toward some damned large jagged rocks, a complete and utter balls up basically.

Or they through a little creative writing [and the recovery of their marbles from under some other mindboggling script] rescue the situation with a twist like Steph and Mayra refered to.

And if JT is going to be turned into some "back-up" relationship at a later point, for all intents and purposes a sham with all the past feelings between them taken into account, no small part of me would rather they left them be. At least maintian some dignity and...trueness [God that's horrid English, somebody slap me] of John and Teyla's respective characters. Salvaging it like that might turn it into even more of a right mess, like an...omelette where you've gotten too excited with your added ingredients, it's not quite scrambled egg and it's defintely not an omelette any longer. If the folly it could talk, it'd call you stupid. [Happened to me the ohter week ]. Not your typical analogy for the ptb and a ship i grant you.

The JT angst sounds good, i'm all for that actually, as long as we don't get knife in the back at the end of it. It'd be such a damn shame.

I'm still really looking forward to the beginning of S4 tonight [waited long enough it seems].
                            Last edited by Nick 0208 Ldn; 28 September 2007, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick 0208 Ldn View Post
                              So, this news from JM...

Spoiler:
                              I'm not feeling all that subtle this morning.

The ptb are at a fork in the road right now, well in truth they probably were months back when deciding upon this but you get the point.

Go one way and they make a bloody mockery of three years of character devlopment, and then for kicks send JT on a course toward some damned large jagged rocks, a complete and utter balls up basically.

Or they through a little creative writing [and the recovery of their marbles from under some other mindboggling script] rescue the situation with a twist like Steph and Mayra refered to.

And if JT is going to be turned into some "back-up" relationship at a later point, for all intents and purposes a sham with all the past feelings between them taken into account, no small part of me would rather they left them be. At least maintian some dignity and...trueness [God that's horrid English, somebody slap me] of John and Teyla's respective characters. Salvaging it like that might turn it into even more of a right mess, like an...omelette where you've gotten too excited with your added ingredients, it's not quite scrambled egg and it's defintely not an omelette any longer. If the folly it could talk, it'd call you stupid. [Happened to me the ohter week ]. Not your typical analogy for the ptb and a ship i grant you.

I'm still really looking forward to the beginning of S4 tonight [waited long enough it seems].
                              Hey Nick,

Long time no see...

Long and rambling post... read it at your own risk..

Spoiler:
                              Well it seems that the ptb change like the wind when it comes to storylines and relationships. They don't seem to take into account any previous storylines and carry on with the misguided belief that we won't notice any discrepancies... shame on them.
                              Somehow I don't think they really know their own characters and don't ever stop to ask the question.... would this character really act like this.... they are the ones that have developed them over the years, and slowly built up their relationships... but yet with the drop of a hat they discard all this build up and change the character to fit in with their new storyline.

Romance and shippy stuff seem to be a bone of contention with them, but yet they play around with it and yield it unmercifully when it suits them. Usually with no focus other that to stir up different factions, or to dangle the possibility of romance or shippyness with certain pairings. Obviously many of the scenes that are labled shippy can easily be construed as nothing more than friendship, and tptp would be quick to say that they can't control what fans choose to interpret from a scene, this is true, but they certaintly can be held responsible for igniting the flame with scenes such as sparring and kissing between main characters. Don't tell they they are not aware the furore that these type of scenes will cause... but yet they carry on denying that they are going ahead with any pairing... In the beginning of season one it was common knowledge that John and Teyla were to be the love interest on the show.... but then it all got a little obscured with the writers giving little tidbits of hope to other pairingas as well... what was the purpose of this.. ummm to make everyone happy.. I don't think so because after the fiasco of Jack/Sam the ptb are perfectly aware of the consequenses of dangling a relationship in front to fans, and then pulling it away in the next breath... So sadly I had hoped that they had learned their lesson with SGA.. but it looks like they intend to carry on the exact same course.
                              I have NO problem with friendships between the characters on the show and nothing more... but stick to that... let me go away and conjur up any other scenario I may want in my own time... but DON'T play around with different pairings and hint at various relationships, but then do a complete U turn.

Season three looked like the ptb were finally quitting the messing around... they were consistant with building up JT and IMO making it clear the different kinds of relationships Shep had with the women of Atlantis... and it worked beautifully.. it developed the characters and gave us more insight into them. We learned a lot about John and Teyla in season three. Sunday showed us that Teyla spends all her time with Ronan and John.. and Ronan seems convinced that John and Teyla are ment for each other... John's hesitant moment before he was interupted was typical John..not letting anything out but yet 2 minutes later we see just how much Teyla means to him when faced with seeing her injured. Now why all these hints at RELATIONSHIPS if tpb have no intention of taking it any further.. why mention anything like this at all... we know they are all friends and will do anything for each other.. so why do the ptb take it that step further... only to drop it completely in the next ep...

Season 4

Spoiler:
                              Barely into season four the writers have thrown a hot sexy alien babe at Shep.. and from the spoilers so far it looks like the whole ep will be flirtly banter and sexual inuendo.. now don't get me wrong I have no objections to Shep admiring a pretty women, but havn't we gotten past the stage of this kinda juevenile behaviour.. hasn't the last three years matured Shep that he doesn't have to be taken in by every women who bats her eyes at him.....hasn't his character grown now beyond this kind of behaviour.

Also the conflicting spoilers about the father of Teyla's baby... we now know there is a love interest.. someone she has slept with eventhough the ptb went to the trouble of telling us that she has a crush on John (and have made it known that is who she was talking about in Sunday). So Teyla who spends all her time with John and Ronan... has being having a secret relationshop and is pregnant.. I know that the spoilers are conflicting so far and there still may be something we don't don't know here.. but either way Teyla has slept with another man (for whatever reason) and is carrying his child. So with all the speculation as to who may be the father this has to be the worst case scenario for me.... not soley because it can't be good for JT but that it is so predictable and unimaginative!!.. old flame pops back and Teyla wants to carry on the Athosian line so agrees to sleep with him...

Rachel seems to indicate it's not devine intervention but a nomal conception... are we to believe that Teyla may be doing this for noble reasons, does the baby have some major impact on the future and she doesn't really have any feelings for the father... this could be plausible and I guess a way of getting around having Teyla pregnant...but what about the other rumours that she has being having a secret relationship and keeping it from everyone!!.... WHY ! is this in character for Teyla...I see her as being a one man kinda gal.. so she has feelings for John, but heck John's not made a move so I'll just go to someone who has.... would Teyla be this fickle. Again this scenario could have worked ok IF tptb didnt bother telling us Teyla has a crush on John... why do both?

So whatever the reason why Teyla slept with this man, she is pregnant and will be for the entire season... I'm not sure whether I like the idea of a jealous John... it depends on how it's done and its not the angst I wanted to see between them. If John has feelings for Teyla I really cannot see him doing anything about them now at all ... in fact quite the opposite.. I see John stepping back completely as a way of protecting his own feelings .. a man in love does not want to be around knowing the women he loves is carrying another mans child.. that to me is unrealistic and god forbid very cheesy and soap operish...

I was looking forward to a continuation of season three where John and Teyla are concerned... a slow build up of their relationship based on love, trust and friendship.. not a 3 way jealous love triangle...

But as Nick said JT are at a cross roads and only time will tell which direction the ptb tend to take them from here. But as much as we may get lots of angsty moments between them I can't see how their relationship could move foward. Admitting feelings and doing anything physical were never the reasons I continued to enjoy JT... I feel they have displayed their feelings for each other in their actions enough times ..but now there is a whole new spanner thrown into the works and it will change the feel of John and Teyla. There is now another person involved and a baby... and this has to make a huge difference to them.. only time will tell whether it will be good or bad but I have to admit I am pretty wary of how the tpb will handle this and hopefully it's not to the detriment of either John or Teyla's characters.
                              Last edited by bluealien; 28 September 2007, 02:48 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Morning all.....

Well on one hand Happy SGA Premiere Day lol

and on the other hand....*sigh*. I'll weigh in with thoughts once I get to work....I dont know how much spoilers you guys listen to for other shows, but I gotta say this whole spoiler experience for SGA and the
                                Spoiler:
                                baby
                                and J/T has been off the wall !!

Comment

Working...
                                X