John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camy,

Don't let it bother you, hon. One attributed a quote taken from this thread and posted on LJ to me and I didn't even say it! LOL. Concentrate on the positive: the show itself and the pairings/characters you like. Ignore all the fandom fighting because it just tarnishes everyone's enjoyment of the show.

I thought Echoes was kinda spooky at first. That woman looked really freaky.
    Overall, I liked it.

Comment

Thanks sunshine....

I thought she was pretty!

*giggle*

And that pilot!? Take away the burns...and the man was HOT!

*YOU KNOW....OH MY GOODNESS....NOW YOU GOT ME GOING! Think about it....
      Spoiler:
      could there have been some sort of underlying meaning behind these characters...I mean, the woman...she could really be construed as Teyla...smart, beautiful...awesome clothing....long hair....and she is close to the pilot.....Now, she appears to Weir only after realizing that they don't listen to Teyla! *giggles* BARE WITH ME! And who is the pilot...JOHN! OH, MY goodness! You know what this means right....where is Bella? I need a sig....THE WHALES! they are shippers too! They see John and Teyla! woohooo!
      Last edited by Jeyla4ever; 23 April 2007, 11:09 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Hey everyone! how are all of you guys? Its been a while since i last posted and i have been lurking and catching up on the latest atlatnis episodes.

Echoes was a great eppy and had some aww moments.

Spoiler:
        I did love how teyla seemed to be the first to see the aparitions and it kind did question why she was the first one to see them and to me i thought that it was part of the meditation and it seemed like there was something else to it. The infirnalry scene when John drops of Weir and walks or kind of jumps lose to Ronon and looks at teyla and asks how she is was a kind thing to do and he walks away but takes one last look and leaves. Teyla is one hell of a fighter when it comes her almost dying. There were some interesting part of Echoes but i hope the rating do improve.
        part of:
        Unique Bond fansite Graphics Com ShepMagan Icons

wanna sig? pm me and ill make u one

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
          I liked Ronon already but this one really soften my heart for him and it made me want to love Teyla even more for having such hunks worry and look after her so diligently and faithfully!

If only all the women of the world could have Teyla's problem of having hunky men protecting them. Oh well, at least I have a hunky husband...no UST for me, LOL.

I enjoyed Echoes though I must admit my favorite scene was

Spoiler:
          probably the Sheppard/Weir/McKay scene when he brings up "Sam". The look on Sheppard's face when heard the name--priceless.
          sigpic
          Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

oh, YC.....you and I suffer the same demise....LOL

Okay..so scifi has this trivia quiz...I think it's a weekly thing...and I just did the basic and I got 9 out of 10....Apperantly, Teyla's last name is not Sheppard!
            sigpic

Comment

Hahahaha! I did excellent on the easy and the tricky I got one wrong...but I got three wrong on the hard questions....jeepers!
              sigpic

Comment

Oh, man...I know nothing about Rodney! I got 5 out of 10 and that was guessing! *AH!*

I got all my Teyla and Sheppard questions right...No, I didn't....CRAP!

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/quizzes/
                sigpic

Comment

Hi I started a thread you all may like
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=43403
                  enjoy!
                  sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Oh, man...I know nothing about Rodney! I got 5 out of 10 and that was guessing! *AH!*

I got all my Teyla and Sheppard questions right...No, I didn't....CRAP!

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/quizzes/

Okay, is that kind of sad when I took all 5 quizes and got every single question right, even the Rodney McKay bonus quiz one, and I was guessing on a couple of them...

I am such a Stargate dork!

But I completly got a kick of the 'Teyla's last name question'...Camy it was just asking for her maiden name......both Dex and Sheppards names were given...one for possible brother and having the same name and the other...husband! heeheee...okay...need to go to bed now!

Night All,,,

Comment

Hahahaha! I did excellent on the easy and the tricky I got one wrong...but I got three wrong on the hard questions....jeepers!
                      Saw those quizzes yesterday after my brother told me about them... had 2 wrong on the hard questions...the rest I got right... now the McKay one however...6 correct ones... no wonder...McKay isn't my favorite so I tend not to listen and store every fact about the guy *lol*
                      sigpic
                      Sigs by Scifan

Comment

I had trouble findign our little thread! Anyway, I saw the episode and thought it was good.

The only time that Teyla and John even interacted though was when he saw her in the infirmary. At least he seemed concerned and it did give him the idea that saved them. The writers seemed to be pushing a Ronan/Teyla relationship. I have no problem with them being friends, but they better not start kissing.
                        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                          I had trouble findign our little thread! Anyway, I saw the episode and thought it was good.

The only time that Teyla and John even interacted though was when he saw her in the infirmary. At least he seemed concerned and it did give him the idea that saved them. The writers seemed to be pushing a Ronan/Teyla relationship. I have no problem with them being friends, but they better not start kissing.
                          Oh I don't think the writers are pushing Ronan/Teyla at all Padme - they are good friends and I love their interaction - but Ronan is just watching out for Teyla like I would expect any good friend to - but did you notice that Ronan always stands back as soon as John arrives -
                          Spoiler:
                          he did the exact same thing in the Return, and in Sunday it's Ronan who is in favour of John Telya. He has always seen that there is something between the two of them - the fact that he actually comes out and says he always thought John and Teyla would... "you know"... l loved how he said that - meaning - do I have to spelll it out .. lol
                          Last edited by bluealien; 24 April 2007, 07:54 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                            Oh I don't think the writers are pushing Ronan/Teyla at all Padme - they are good friends and I love their interaction - but Ronan is just watching out for Teyla like I would expect any good friend to - but did you notice that Ronan always stands back as soon as John arrives -
                            Spoiler:
                            he did the exact samd thing in the Return and in Sunday its Ronan who is in favour of John Telya. He has always seen that there is something between the two of them - the fact that the actually comes out and says he always thought John and Teyla would... "you know"... l loved how he said that - meaning - do I have to spelll it out .. lol
                            I agree blue...Ronon knows where John and Teyla's hearts belong...
                            Spoiler:
                            If you look even back to like Aurora...you see the cheeky smile on Ronon when Teyla teases John and he goes like WTF... *lol* like he knew what was going on or might start to be going on between them...

Then in Return 1...stepping back from Teyla when John stepped up to her for the "head touch" like giving them some privacy...as much as he could since they were in a puplic place...

Then here in Echoes when he stepped back from her bed when John came up to her...

and I hardly think they are pushing Ronan and Teyla since I didn't see the strong emotinal concern from Ronon when she was dying like I saw from John's side...
                            sigpic
                            Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by AthosianGirl View Post
                              Okay, is that kind of sad when I took all 5 quizes and got every single question right, even the Rodney McKay bonus quiz one, and I was guessing on a couple of them...

I am such a Stargate dork!

But I completly got a kick of the 'Teyla's last name question'...Camy it was just asking for her maiden name......both Dex and Sheppards names were given...one for possible brother and having the same name and the other...husband! heeheee...okay...need to go to bed now!

Night All,,,
                              OH, man! AG...I Didn't even look at DEX! Oh, that is a riot! I simply saw Sheppard! *ROF* I did see Emmagan...but I thought that was an oldie! LOL

You got them ALL RIGHT! jeepers!

I stunk at Rodney's....but I betcha if they give me Teyla's I'll get them all right! I dont' think I"ll get all of Sheppards right...I wasn't sure which football game he brought with him..so I took the Chicago one...figuring, why would he like BOSTON! and the BOSTON one was the one! wooohoo! *origninally a bostonian*

So, yeah.....I really need to go back and watch Seasons 1, 2 and 3...and pay more attention to the actual story than to what John and Teyla are doing! LOL

Course, BP's report don't help! *rof*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                                I agree blue...Ronon knows where John and Teyla's hearts belong...
                                Spoiler:
                                If you look even back to like Aurora...you see the cheeky smile on Ronon when Teyla teases John and he goes like WTF... *lol* like he knew what was going on or might start to be going on between them...

Then in Return 1...stepping back from Teyla when John stepped up to her for the "head touch" like giving them some privacy...as much as he could since they were in a puplic place...

Then here in Echoes when he stepped back from her bed when John came up to her...

and I hardly think they are pushing Ronan and Teyla since I didn't see the strong emotinal concern from Ronon when she was dying like I saw from John's side...
                                Excellent, Excellent point....

Echoes...
                                Spoiler:
                                Ronon was there, yes....but his reaction wasn't one of a lover loosing the woman he loved....even when Teyla passed out, you see that he calmly calls out for the nurse....that's not a man loosing the woman he loves...then you see John walk in...his expression is brief, but he says it all....Ronon calmly replies to John when he asks him how is she...and Ronon replies out of time...in which John replies "guess we all are"...to me this is very significant..he took the words personally, in other words....if she's out of time, he's out of time...and he needs to do something....that is key for me...only when her life is in danger, does it "click" that he needs to do something now to end this....to find the solution and after he left, you never see that cheeky John again...but serious and concerned, focused John....course, he's concerned about the rest, but John's level of intensity rises only when one of his own is in peril....

I loved this episode with Ronon and Teyla...believe it or not...yes, it was a lot about them...but I see it like how I saw Critical Mass...John was needed to do his job....and he was doing it...we can't have John laying by Teyla's bedside when the fate of the city and the rest are in peril and in this case, Teyla's. He's the only one that can come up with these solutions, cause not even Rodney is always the one...and he's the only one that is willing to give his life most of the time for all of them...yeah, Rodney did it once, only when he thought that the shield should protect him....LOL

So, to have Ronon there..is very conforting..and I thought very well done by Ronon...you see that Teyla pays very little attention to his concern...she's more focus on going to sleep and not really seeing him eye to eye....When John comes to see her in the infirmary in other scenes...you see that she gives him her undying attention...her eyes are focused on him....course, she's usually better too...but that's beside the point....Their chemistry, Ronon and Teyla's...is very different from the chemistry between John and Teyla...and the fact that only for a second John showed more concern and emotions than even Ronon who was there with her the entire time, shows me the difference between them....Not only that....during Teyla's worst moment....in reality, Ronon wasn't even there...he sat next to Radik...that's not a man in love! Go back and see how he reacted in Sateda with his girlfriend Malena....and that is the Ronon fighting for the woman he loves! Just like John was fighting for the woman that he loves!

Padme...hope that helps....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X