Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
    Okay, this isn't the story I was talking about but Rodney is ...stuck... in something, and it's funny!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2339696/1/Flushed

*goes back to looking for the other story*
    Aww poor Rodney - but that really was quite funny!! and thanks for the lovely comment about my drawing
    sigpic

Comment

Hey guys! I made a new vid! I composed the song for David Hewlett, now the vid just has to get to him somehow lol. Please watch and tell me what you think ^__^

http://www.imeem.com/people/zGFUWh-/...bute_tv_video/

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
      Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
      Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokmonster View Post
        I'm making a McKay video and I have a quick question, if anyone's around today. I'm starting it off with a clip from The Shrine, the first scene actually. I like it so far, but the clip is almost a minute before the song starts, and then it goes over the song intro about 10-15 more seconds. Does that sound too long? I like it, but I don't want people to get bored before the song even starts. My problem is a) I like it lol and b) I don't know where else to start the clip except at the beginning. And it goes until Jeannie's first line is over. I can't go any farther until I figure this out because if I cut the first clip short later, it will be hard to sync up the song again.

I hope this is enough info, I don't want to give away too much until I'm finished with it.
        Sorry if I am too late, I was sleeping! I am actually using the same clip in a McShep vid I am making atm, and right at the start too! *Great minds*

Mine will not go as long obviously, I am just going to use the part where
        Spoiler:
        he is screaming for John! Whee!
        I have seen a lot of vids where they use dialogue before-hand some work some don't, I used some at the start of my McShep "Don't ask, Don't tell" and most feedback seemed to think it worked.

It all IMHO depends on the intent and the vidmaker. If you love it, then chances are your audience will also love it, if you think it is way too long then maybe they will too. Just be honest with yourself and also maybe show it to someone before you put it out there.... you can always go back and edit.

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
          I actually thought it was quite sad that Sheppard and Beckett laughed at him

That's just me though - thanks for the link
          Y'welcome. And it's always sad when Rodney gets laughed at.

Originally posted by soapy-sock View Post
          Aww poor Rodney - but that really was quite funny!! and thanks for the lovely comment about my drawing
          Glad you liked it. And Y'welcome.
          Originally posted by Valaslonglostsister View Post
          Hey guys! I made a new vid! I composed the song for David Hewlett, now the vid just has to get to him somehow lol. Please watch and tell me what you think ^__^

*goes to watch vid*

In the mean time, here's another Rodney fic I found! A Sticky Situation

EDIT: Great vid Vala! I even saw a pic that I cropped and posted here, tho you could have found the same pic and cropped it yourself. Just saying. David will love it! Hope you find a way to get it to him!
          Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 28 November 2008, 02:37 PM.
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

Thanks ^__^ it took me forever to compose the music lol.

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Awwww, that's cute! Such talent, that's a beautiful melody.

Do you have a YouTube account? You could try posting it as a video reply to something he has posted... Just a thought
              Spoilers For Brainstorm below

Spoiler:

Banner made by ME

Shipper of the AWESOMENESS that is McKeller!

Dr. Rodney McKay... he does a body good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ilerya82 View Post

Do you have a YouTube account? You could try posting it as a video reply to something he has posted... Just a thought
                Now that is a really good idea does DH allow that? Been so long since I visited his Youtube channel. Not that he seems to be updating it much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                  Now that is a really good idea does DH allow that? Been so long since I visited his Youtube channel. Not that he seems to be updating it much anymore.
                  DH's Most Recent YouTube Post

6 months since last sign on and 10 months since last post ... but he does allow video resposes

Spoiler:

Banner made by ME

Comment

Various eye pics.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

DH's Most Recent YouTube Post

6 months since last sign on and 10 months since last post ... but he does allow video resposes
                      Cool. It is a pity he hasn't been there or updated for so long, but at least he is still blogging and twittering.

I remember back in the day when we yearned *yes* yearned for some contact with him, just a small interview or a new piccy.

Man have times changed.

Comment

*droolz* Yay for pic spam!

Cool. It is a pity he hasn't been there or updated for so long, but at least he is still blogging and twittering.

I remember back in the day when we yearned *yes* yearned for some contact with him, just a small interview or a new piccy.

Man have times changed.
                        Amen! I would love some video as well though. It's nice to watch him at things like Shore Leave, etc., but wholly different to watch him being his quirky self during his "Favourite Line" posts, or moments like the link where he wore Baz's pants on his head.

Regardless, I still yearn for more DH - there can never be enough!

Spoiler:

Banner made by ME

Comment

Thank you tehe and yes i have a youtube account but for some odd reason whenever i try downloading my vids it never works, i don't know why.

EDIT- i just posted it, how long does it take for a video to process normally?
                          Last edited by Valaslonglostsister; 28 November 2008, 04:16 PM.

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

OMG!!!! I got these new socks and look who is on them- Minus the glasses and scarf!

My mom got them for me!! OMG! lol I now have an ADB outfit! I have puppy paw print pants (working on the shirt) and i have the socks! LOL! YAY! i is a happy Squirrel!
                            When I first saw this I wasn't sure what you were going on about, then I remembered the penguin with antlers. lol Oh you are a Squirrel? I probably insulted you guys in front of David! lol I told him my username and he thought I meant the one on dgeek but I said no GW, but I do post on dgeek only I refuse to call myself a Squirrel, he laughed and asked why, I said because I was a fan of his long before that term even existed. *so there!* I didn't mean it as a mean thing, and he didn't take it that way but I really don't like the term.

Who's that guy with David???
                            That is Scotty one of the organisers of the event.
                            Awww! David squees! How adorable!
                            I was so lucky to be in the right place at the right time to get that pic, I am sure it was the guy dressed as 10th (Doctor Who) who told David about the sonic screwdrivers beng sold there.... I had been chatting to someone and not taking pics then I just happened to get about two shots off before I realised what he was holding. The other shot was blurred so I deleted it on the day but this one. Keeper!
                            *is jealous of the vegemite tube*...Great shot, great man, great pose, great... EVERYTHING!
                            Heehee, I don't know why he felt the need to throw his head back so far, it is a tube you just squeeze it glad he did though.
                            Is still wicked jealous... that photo... his arms around you... your hands on his hands... GAH!
                            I would be jealous too.... if you know, it wasn't ME!!! LOL!!! I just wished I had breathed in, my tummy is poking out so I don't like posting the full shot, pity as it has his bum in it too.

Comment

)
                              I would be jealous too.... if you know, it wasn't ME!!! LOL!!! I just wished I had breathed in, my tummy is poking out so I don't like posting the full shot, pity as it has his bum in it too.
                              You could just crop it, you know? Just him and his... bum.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

You could just crop it, you know? Just him and his... bum.
                                Pity his jeans were so loose. *gutter*

Comment

Working...
                                X