Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    My sister died suddenly (she was ill but we never thought this would happen). Obviously it made my posting here and else where impossible. I, along with the rest of my family are still a little shell shocked. I am still obviously in mourning but I just wanted to let folks know personally that I was alright, and to say thank you to those who expressed their sadness at my family's loss. *hugs you all*
    I am sending big, really big hug.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

((HUGS)) to Willow. I'm really sorry about your loss.

BTW, TMC:

Spoiler:
      Two Rodneys are better than one. Loved the geek-speech, and the end scene, and the part with Radek at the end.
      My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
      Sig and avi by me
      Spoiler:

Comment

I posted twice in Joe Mallozzi's blog about This Mortal Coil. If you want to read what I said, you can check out my lj here. Not Rodney-centric, just some thoughts about the episode.

This Mortal Coil caps.

Spoiler:

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Well what a brilliant moment for Rodney in This Mortal Coil.

Spoiler:
          His conversation with Radek at the end was heartbreaking and brutally painful and major kudos for Hewlett for pulling it off. It's so interesting to what Rodney hides and what he gives away - he's too good at expressing some feelings and far too good at hiding others. He's always showing the side of himself that may give a bad impression to others and yet keeping mainly hidden the more human side that would make people like and understand him more. There's a lot more going on inside than his reactions and behaviour would seem to suggest. That's part of the reason I think his and Carson's friendship worked so well - that contrast between how open they are.
          sigpic
          by Kaaatie

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
            Since the movie, Joe's Wedding, was filmed in Toronto, I'm sure the beers in that movie were. 8-)

Originally posted by NotANumber View Post
            Is there anyone who can identify the can? It might be interesting to know what the beer of choice is for a supergenius.
            Erm, yeah. I was referring to the drunk Rodney/Sheppard smiley.
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
              Erm, yeah. I was referring to the drunk Rodney/Sheppard smiley.
              Ah, okay. I was thinking of the beer in these screenshots.

Comment

I couldn't agree more.

Spoiler:
                I think the scene also highlighted the friendship between McKay and Zelenka, when Radek realised that Rodney was burying himself in work so he wouldn't have to think about Elizabeth. This despite the fact that they are always bickering at each other and very rarely being in any way nice. McKay very rarely shows that caring, human side, as doylefan mentions (which I'm sure can be put down to some kind of fear of being hurt) but sometimes it breaks through.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                  This Mortal Coil caps.
                  Spoiler:
                  That last one is from one of my favorite scenes in the episode. They both displayed such raw emotion. Job well done by both actors.

Wilson3Girl

Comment

More from This Mortal Coil.

Spoiler:

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

This is a Hewlett viewing announcement....

His brief cameo appearance as a store Santa in On the 2nd Day of Christmas will be on Lifetime at 9pm on the 18th.

This was also on today at 1pm, but I didn't know about it til my mom called and told me I'd just missed him.

Ah well.

The closest thing I have to a screencap:

Comment

I agree with both of you

Spoiler:
                        Rodney is hidding his feelings deep inside, and the scene with Radek was one of the few hints to his real emotional state. I think Rodney considers many people as friends but he doesn't let them know.

Fear of being hurt or maybe a sense of weakness, Rodney is learning to try to express his feelings. It's interesting that we progressively see a new side of Rodney. The question is how much longer can he maintain his emotions inside? David mentioned the emotional breakdown and I am a bit scared for Rodney. I don't think the death of Carson or Elizabeth in itself is what is bothering Rodney and hurting him, it is the guilt and feeling of failure that tortures him. People around him don't know the extent of his guilt over Carson and Elizabeth deaths. Radek knows him, and I think the team suspect he is not over his grief for Carson. Whatever will happen on the second half of the season, there will be a lot of pieces to pick up.

Comment

A wounderful McKay and Mrs. Miller Picspam:

http://dark-orion.livejournal.com/22876.html
                          The cake is a lie!

Comment

Regarding Miller's Crossing, I watched it again, and did anyone else think that it was a bit odd that it was Rodney who
                            Spoiler:
                            put his sister into an induced coma and who broke her legs to distract the nanites? My guess is that it wasn't him who did that but the doctors at the SGC, he doesn't have the knowledge nor do I think he'd be able to break his sister's leg on purpose! But he didn't say "they've" or "we've", he said "I've"...

Bye, A.
                            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

I was so dissapointed by Miller's Crossing, my least fave McKay centric episode. They did nothing to make him likable, I found it lacked any real love for him (Gero I am losing my patience with you).

The only saving grace was the "John" & Rodney talk/s. *much luv*

As for TMC. I loved that! I vaugley remember the SG-1 eps it rips off but for me it was great
                              Spoiler:
                              it kills off Weir *please let it be so* and it gave us one of the best Radek/Rodney moments in the entire series. I loved that talk *not talk* they had at the end.

*hugs Rodney*

Poor thing, he really does beat himself up over these loses, I think that is what I have always felt but it is nice to have tptb actually give it to us on a platter to see.

Bravo Mr Hewlett!

I may have huge problems with M/M & RCC scripts but for that moment alone; this was one of the best they have given to SGA

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria View Post
                                This is a Hewlett viewing announcement....

His brief cameo appearance as a store Santa in On the 2nd Day of Christmas will be on Lifetime at 9pm on the 18th.

This was also on today at 1pm, but I didn't know about it til my mom called and told me I'd just missed him.

Ah well.

The closest thing I have to a screencap
                                I saw it today, kinda. I was at my bros house for a BDay party and I put it on as soon as I got there only I couldn't hear it too well because the birthday girls were sleeping on the couches and the volume was down on the tv. But somehow I managed to catch both of his appearances in the movie. Didn't watch the whole thing tho, just his parts. I'll have to catch it on the 18th. It's marked on my calendar so I won't forget.

He makes a cute Santa
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X