Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
    It's been down before that, as I commented on it on twitter before he posted the baby news. So I don't think the fans crashed the site, either he forgot about paying the bill (guess his thoughts were elsewhere *g*) or he took the site down so that the fans won't spam it to death, so that he has time to write a porper blog entry for the fans to comment on.

Same here. I spent several days checking twitter/dgeek constantly, even at work, and I went to bed late and got up early to check the site - and on the evening I go away for just three hours to visit my parents he twitters about the happy event in the same hour in which I left the house!

A watched pot never boils.

Bye, A.

so did they have the Baby, when? , thats why i was checking ?? congrats to them then
    sigpic
    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
      so did they have the Baby, when? , thats why i was checking ?? congrats to them then
      David posted the news on Twitter 4 hours ago.
      Aircowhere are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Ces View Post
        Been following and holding my thumbs these past few weeks hoping that everything will be alright.
        Totally off topic, but what does "holding my thumbs" mean? I've never heard that phrase before.

Oh, a little celebration is in order.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
          Totally off topic, but what does "holding my thumbs" mean? I've never heard that phrase before.
          In Germany it's "Ich drück dir die Daumen" (sounds very weird when you translate it literally, "I press your thumbs") - it means that you wish someone all the luck of the world/good fortune. We say it when you say "I'm crossing my fingers for you". Usually you also make the according gesture when you say it, you make a fist with each hand and press the thumbs onto your index fingers really hard then, or you make a fist around your thumb - does that make any sense?

People use that idiom a lot round here.

Bye, A.
          Last edited by Arlessiar; 08 October 2007, 02:07 PM.
          ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
          ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

In Germany it's "Ich drück dir die Daumen" (sounds very weird when you translate it literally, "I press your thumbs") - it means that you wish someone all the luck of the world/good fortune. We say it when you say "I'm crossing my fingers for you". Usually you also make the according gesture when you say it, you make a fist with each hand and press the thumbs onto your index fingers really hard then, or you make a fist around your thumb - does that make any sense?

People use that idiom a lot round here.

Bye, A.
            must be a european thing or something
            I just loosely translated it from swedish (håller tummarna), yeah, just means all the luck to the person

Comment

Aw,

Congratulations David & Jane!

A baby boy!

So happy for you both!

I am sure once his site is back up (still down for me here) he will have someplace to post congratulations directly to them, or the squirrels have set something up.

I thought I would post the twitter for prosperity... has anyone else posted it?

Of course I would decide to skip the net this morning... should have known.

*is very happy*

*whee!*

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                I thought I would post the twitter for prosperity... has anyone else posted it?
                Nope, no-one has, thanks!

Geez, looking at that makes me grin like an idiot! I still can't believe it, he's a Dad now, he has a little son!

Oh the cuteness of this!

I don't know this man, but it makes me incredibly happy! And teary-eyed. Weird, not? But after all these weeks where we all WAITED for this child to show up, it feels as if a close relative gave birth!

Of course I would decide to skip the net this morning... should have known.
                We were all checking the net constantly, and then, when it finally happened, Watcher was away, I was away, you were away... funny coincidence, not? As I said before, a watched pot doesn't boil.

Geez, I have to go to bed, it's nearly 1am already, have to get up again in 5 hours, but I'm so excited!!!

Bye, A.

Comment

Congratulations to David and Jane.

I was wondering if Jane had the baby yet

9lbs is big but i know someone who has a 10lb 6oz baby... ouch
                  sigpic

Comment

Sebastian
                    It is of Greek origin, and its meaning is "revered".
                    Looks like Sebastian is a name gaining in popularity in the US and Canada.

Flynn
                    It is of Irish and Gaelic origin, and its meaning is "ruddy-complected". From Flann.
                    I threw that Flann in for those of you who would find that amusing. You know who you are.

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

I just got back from Thanksgiving with my family and I see David and Jane have finally welcomed their newest addition. Congrats to David and Jane

Comment

Oh my, seems I forgot a birthday! So sorry!

Happy belated birthday, dear *ODA*!!!
                        Thanks Arlessiar.
                        Originally posted by Squonk View Post

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY ODA!!!
                        Thanks Squonk.
                        *hugs both*

"What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Just a reminder that there's a fundraising site set up in honor of the happy couple. All monies go directly to "Doctors Without Borders", David's designated charity.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                            Sebastian
                            FlynnLooks like Sebastian is a name gaining in popularity in the US and Canada.
                            The name Sebastian is a quite common name here in Germany (at school there were three guys with that name in my class) so I'm kinda used to it, but it sounds completely different and a lot more beautiful in English, so I really like David and Jane's choice.

Wonder what name they've chosen for a girl (as they didn't know the sex of the child). Well, maybe we'll find out one day, in case there'll be another Hewlett baby.

So, to celebrate the happy event some more, here are some baby smilies which I like a lot. *g*

Hewlett's nights might look (or better sound) like that now:

But he'll also be a proud Dad:

Jane will have her hands full, too:

But the child will have its quiet moments, too:

And they'll be a very happy family:

(And we might hear about it once dgeek is working again)

Bye, A., finally off to bed now

Comment

brillant smilies
                              sigpic

Comment

I have to say the first name has me wondering, but I adore to death the name Flynn...
                                Geez, looking at that makes me grin like an idiot! I still can't believe it, he's a Dad now, he has a little son!
                                Yep, I am still grinning here. And I can't quite get my head around him now being a dad, but I will in time and I am sure David and Jane will make great parents... I don't know you think David is the spoil them rotten kind or the strict *like his dad * kind? Has Kate blogged on this yet? She is a new Aunt *I like being an Aunt*

What the heck is the time in Bellingham?
                                Oh the cuteness of this!
                                And I think it can only get cuter! *bless them* I wait for the day we get to see the first images of the family...
                                I don't know this man, but it makes me incredibly happy! And teary-eyed. Weird, not? But after all these weeks where we all WAITED for this child to show up, it feels as if a close relative gave birth!
                                I was so happy I phoned my bf at work! lol (he already thinks I am a nut)
                                We were all checking the net constantly, and then, when it finally happened, Watcher was away, I was away, you were away... funny coincidence, not? As I said before, a watched pot doesn't boil.
                                Yep, I honestly had a feeling I would hear this by some other means, not through the twitter and I was right! lol *thank you A,* BTW those smilies crack me up! LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X