Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    I kindda thought we would be seeing the wedding pictures first. But anyhow.... David and Jane congrats on the new addition to your family.

why did you put family in italics classygirl?
    188020[/U][/B][/CENTER]

Comment

Another photo of David at Comic-Con. At one of the many links found by Prion, see this post.

You can see the effect of his Hawaiian vacation! Since he was in the middle of filming the episode Miller's Crossing when they took their recent break, we'll have to watch closely to see if we can spot which were the before scenes and which were filmed after.

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

According to an article on GateWorld, Atlantis is being moved to 10pm. The new show Flash Gordon will be its lead-in. I'm kinda nervous about the changes, although the article says 10pm is a better time slot.

Right now, SciFi's Friday night line-up is

7 p.m. - Bionic Woman (off-network rerun)
        8 p.m. - Doctor Who (Season Three)
        9 p.m. - Flash Gordon
        10 p.m. - Stargate Atlantis

Aw, it would have made David so happy to have Doctor Who air right before Atlantis. I see why SciFi is putting the new show between 2 returning shows, but we'll have to see how good it is. Hopefully, people won't be changing channels after Doctor Who.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Darksidhe View Post
          Hello. Just wanted to say Hi! I'm really new to the threads, but have been watching SG and SGA since the beginning. McKay is one of my favorite characters. I've been trolling all of the fic sites that I can find looking for McKay fics and finally came across Gateworld. This place is great and I look forward to going back in several of the threads to catch up on them. That's all.
          Hi to you too! Welcome to the Thread!

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
          Another photo of David at Comic-Con. At one of the many links found by Prion, see this post.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...alleryx150.jpg

You can see the effect of his Hawaiian vacation! Since he was in the middle of filming the episode Miller's Crossing when they took their recent break, we'll have to watch closely to see if we can spot which were the before scenes and which were filmed after.
          Now that is a nice pic!

I'll certainly be looking for the differences. It'll be so funny if he's white in some scenes and brown in others. I'm guessing make-up will have tried to cover it up if it was too obvious.

Just as long as he doesn't look like this
          Spoilered for just being downright WRONG! Not for the faint hearted.
          Spoiler:

And for possibly scarring you all for life...
          The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
            Spoiler:
            PS I still hate this thread now having David discussion. I will try and not be a pain about it.

And also Yay! He posted on dgeek about the bub. I was at work so I could only post a brief congrats message, I hope he was not too upset or annoyed that fans and actors/producers on the show let it become public. But he still hasn't said "when" so they have that much left as a secret anyway.
            Spoiler:
            I know what you mean. I hate having to come here to discuss David! But just something we're all gonna have to get used to.

I dont think he's upset at all. Like he said himself, they weren't actively hiding it, just not advertising it. He seems fairly easy going, if someone let slip, i'm sure he'd be fine with it.

I'm wondering if he was talking about what was said at the Atlantis panel at Comic-Con or something before that. Because there's no way someone wouldn't comment about Jane at the con since she was there.

Although there were a few fan comments at various events Jane has attended with David, I think most people were not saying anything and were waiting for David to say something himself. After all, he did proudly tell us when he gave Jane the engagement ring and he didn't have to do that at all.
            I think they wanted to keep it to themselves for as long as possible but now it's at a point where short of locking Jane away, there's no way of hiding it. Not that they were hiding it. I think he's chuffed with the fans cos they've respected his space, and waited for him to confirm.

According to an article on GateWorld, Atlantis is being moved to 10pm. The new show Flash Gordon will be its lead-in. I'm kinda nervous about the changes, although the article says 10pm is a better time slot.

9 p.m. - Flash Gordon

Aw, it would have made David so happy to have Doctor Who air right before Atlantis. I see why SciFi is putting the new show between 2 returning shows, but we'll have to see how good it is. Hopefully, people won't be changing channels after Doctor Who.
            Would have been cool to go on after Dr Who wouldn't it?

Still JM is happy with the time change - he seems to think it's a good thing. I'll take heart from that.

l My LJ l

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...alleryx150.jpg
              Awww. I think David really looks fantastic. I will certainly look in Miller´s Crossing.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

9 p.m. - Flash Gordon

I think that someone in Sci-Fi lost his mind. I mean 10 p.m? It´s 22.00 here, which means Friday very late evening. Who would stay at home and watch TV show? So much to "main Sci-Fi show" and "SGA is main SG after SG1 ended"...I though it will run at 8 p.m Well, let´s hope that people will at least try to have their TV on, even when they won´t watch.

I think it will want some time to get used to this thread. Especially when we got to some nice number of posts in thunk thread. But, OK, I subscribed this thread so I will always find it.
                But I understand to people, who actually wanted to talk here and nobody noticed. It´s the same with me and Shepp and Rodney friendship thread. It´s dead there, everyone are in slash thread. So I understand that and I will adapt

I need coffee.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Hey guys...Loving all those pictures!

~*Willing To March Into Hell For A Heavenly Cause*~
                  =<3

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                    I think that someone in Sci-Fi lost his mind. I mean 10 p.m? It´s 22.00 here, which means Friday very late evening. Who would stay at home and watch TV show?
                    Umm, me, lol Atlantis used to be on in the 10pm time slot in the 2nd season, with SG1 on before it.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

I wonder what the plans for Starcrossed are.

From David's blog

Jane, Lenic and myself did a little wheeling and dealing while we were down there in the center of all geekiness. So I imagine that SciFi may have some other things to write about in the near future as well...I'll let you know as soon as I do!

My kind of guy:

Comment

9 p.m. - Flash Gordon

To me, it would have made more sense to have Doctor Who follow Atlantis, so you'd get BW, SGA, Flash, and then Who. You lead-in with the re-run, follow with a network favorite, follow with another show that has established viewer ship, and use those two to catch watchers for the new show. But that's just 'cause I'm an Atlantis fan. 10:00 is a bit of an afterthought time-slot; you usually put your bigger shows on at 8:00 and 9:00, and the 10:00 viewers are the devoted and the stragglers who just didn't bother turning off the t.v. earlier. I guess we just have to hope that Flash Gordon is good and that people stay tuned to Sci-Fi after it's over.
                        They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                        Spoiler:
                        Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

MTV gave Amanda a camera and she took 10 pictures for a photo diary of Comic-Con for them. David is in photo 7.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Remember that YouTube contest that David made this video for? Well, it's over and that's another one of the many things David will have to attend to.

I stopped looking at these because it was just too painful trying to find the good ones. Here's an entry posted on the last day that I think could have had a chance if posted earlier. The script for the Atlantis team has the characters pretty spot on. The Sheppard and McKay banter sounds just like from an episode.

My kind of guy:

Comment

The ladies in the JT thread thought y'all might enjoy this

Spoiler:
                              sigpic
                              Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Remember that YouTube contest that David made this video for? Well, it's over and that's another one of the many things David will have to attend to.

I stopped looking at these because it was just too painful trying to find the good ones. Here's an entry posted on the last day that I think could have had a chance if posted earlier. The script for the Atlantis team has the characters pretty spot on. The Sheppard and McKay banter sounds just like from an episode.

Oh why didn't they post that earlier! The McKay even sounds like him a couple of times. Agree about the banter.

The pepper convo.
                                Spoiler:

"I've been to planets with peppers that can make grown men cry."
                                "Like our sparring sessions Colonel!"

Soooo funny!

l My LJ l

Comment

Working...
                                X