No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know someone on another board that is recommending the 2002 movie "Cypher" that David is in. Does anybody know where you can get the DVD in the US? It's apparently been released everywhere but the US and Canada. It's not like it has unknown actors in it. Jeremy Notham (Gosford Park), Lucy Liu (Charlie's Angels) and Nigel Bennett (I'm in every Canadian production) are in it, as well as David.

Thanks for any info.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I ordered mine off ebay. It was a region 3 disk, but I think there are R2 ones out now which are probably more reasonably priced. As long as you have a DVD drive in your comp you should be able to play it without having to worry about region coding. Or, at least, mine will let me get away with it three times. Then you rip it and have it be region free so you can watch it as many times as you want.

LOVED Cypher. Very weird little movie. Now I'm working on getting a copy of Nothing. Hmmm... buy the Russian version or wait and see if it gets released in the US/Canada? I know I saw something about a "US premiere" in October, but I dunno how reliable that info is... or even what it means, exactly.

Comment

I ordered Cube and Treed Murray used from Amazon, and they should be in any day now.
        "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

mmm cube...

Comment

It isn't quite the same thing, but I found a site selling shirts that says I'm with genius.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              I ordered mine off ebay. It was a region 3 disk, but I think there are R2 ones out now which are probably more reasonably priced. As long as you have a DVD drive in your comp you should be able to play it without having to worry about region coding. Or, at least, mine will let me get away with it three times. Then you rip it and have it be region free so you can watch it as many times as you want.
              Wah, you sound like Doctor McKay to me! I don't have a dvd player in my computer, I was too dumb when I bought it to realize I should have one. I haven't even quite figured out how to make backup copies of my music cds from the damn thing (not illegal copies, just backups since I seem to destroy my cds when I play them).

I guess I'll just have to be deprived. {pout}

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                It isn't quite the same thing, but I found a site selling shirts that says I'm with genius.
                Ha, love the dog t-shirt! Hey, I bet a small would fit McKay's cat...

My kind of guy:

Comment

I want one of those t-shirts man! and lol to the dog ones..
                  I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

I just put one in his backpack for his cat!

My kind of guy:

Comment

Lol, perfect.
                      I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

Comment

If we ever get a McKay fan club going, we could call it MAGIC: McKay's A Genius International Club.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                          If we ever get a McKay fan club going, we could call it MAGIC: McKay's A Genius International Club.
                          Lol, that is an awsome name, and its true right? He knows just about everything about everything..

Comment

David Hewlett = D.H. = Dial Home.

That's enough. I'm going wacky. I have to get to sleep...

My kind of guy:

Comment

Lol i know how you feel. Everytime i see the initials D.H or something that has those initials, i think of David Hewlett. Weird? maybe....

Comment

Yeah, nowadays I hear the word "cube" and I think of the movie, not a three dimensional square.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X