Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
    Just ckecked the mail...I got my photograph picture of DH!
    Aw, how lovely! Congratulations! I want one! Though I'm terribly scared and embarrassed to contact actors in any way. ( Actually a couple of weeks ago I was standing 20 metres away from Christopher Judge and just looking at him, over the heads of people lined up to get his autograph..! )

Lots of lovely pictures in this thread! I have to go through them some day and download my favourites. For now, though, I'm concentrating on posting enough to get off that pesky "probie" status.

I have a question though, and since this thread includes "appreciation" in the title, hopefully not off-topic: Can somebody point me in the direction of the story of what this character ( under another name ) was first conceived as, and how David got the part? Especially about how the character was first envisioned as black? Because I've run into a bit of a communication problem in another thread, and I want to have my facts straight. ( I don't like it when people insinuate that I'm racist. )

Comment

(I think this is one of zuz's)
      McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Oh, and since the mods haven't approved my previous post at the moment of writing, so I can't edit it to add something: I've seen the cutest pic in somebody's siggie, where he's sleeping on a sofa and wearing an "I'm with genius" t-shirt. Where is this pic from, and are there more where it came from?

Comment

Originally posted by TinaJ View Post
          Oh, and since the mods haven't approved my previous post at the moment of writing, so I can't edit it to add something: I've seen the cutest pic in somebody's siggie, where he's sleeping on a sofa and wearing an "I'm with genius" t-shirt. Where is this pic from, and are there more where it came from?
          It's from the first season episode, 'Home.'

I'd find some caps but I'm on my new DSi

Comment

*Pops in for a quick post*

Hi TinaJ, *waves*

That sig is RiG's (RodneyIsGodney), you can just scroll up a little and you will see it. The picture is from "Home" a season one episode. Running late but I will try to post pictures later this afternoon. Maybe someone will post before then.

sig by Varda

Comment

An actual SGA episode? How could I have missed that? Thanks!

*kinda wants that t-shirt now*

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
                It's from the first season episode, 'Home.'

I'd find some caps but I'm on my new DSi
                I'll be happy to post some caps!

*Pops in for a quick post*

Hi TinaJ, *waves*

That sig is RiG's (RodneyIsGodney), you can just scroll up a little and you will see it. The picture is from "Home" a season one episode. Running late but I will try to post pictures later this afternoon. Maybe someone will post before then.
                Yep, my sig... snurched from www.dgeek.com of course.

An actual SGA episode? How could I have missed that? Thanks!

*kinda wants that t-shirt now*
                Yeah, know what ya mean...
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

Aw, how lovely! Congratulations! I want one! Though I'm terribly scared and embarrassed to contact actors in any way. ( Actually a couple of weeks ago I was standing 20 metres away from Christopher Judge and just looking at him, over the heads of people lined up to get his autograph..! )
                  So am I
                  Lots of lovely pictures in this thread! I have to go through them some day and download my favourites. For now, though, I'm concentrating on posting enough to get off that pesky "probie" status.
                  *Salutes* Airman TinaJ
                  I have a question though, and since this thread includes "appreciation" in the title, hopefully not off-topic: Can somebody point me in the direction of the story of what this character ( under another name ) was first conceived as, and how David got the part? Especially about how the character was first envisioned as black? Because I've run into a bit of a communication problem in another thread, and I want to have my facts straight. ( I don't like it when people insinuate that I'm racist. )
                  Research is not very forthcoming with regards to this. Found this:-
                  Dr. McKay's part was originally written as "Dr. Benjamin Ingram," an African-Canadian scientist. Actor David Hewlett (while not African-Canadian) even auditioned for the role before it was decided to replace Ingram with Rodney McKay, who appeared in SG-1's "48 Hours" and "Redemption."
                  (GateWorld 'Rising' Info) and also
                  David Hewlett portrayed McKay in "48 Hours" and "Redemption". When the new Stargate Atlantis production crew came up with the casting, they originally thought of Dr. Benjamin Ingram, an African-Canadian scientist. Hewlett auditioned for the character, despite not being African-Canadian. It was decided that McKay would replace Ingram as a main character for the series.
                  (Stargate Wiki: Rodney McKay)

I don't know why they changed it, but I'm glad they did for DH's (and supreme thunkiness') sake!

I had a look for some 'Home' caps, but none of them show those lovely legs and I don't have time to watch the episode as I need to work on my fic

EDIT: I found these behind the scenes pics on GW
                  Spoiler:

I'm going to go and find a nice place to lie down now before I fall over
                  Last edited by x Varda x; 12 April 2009, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                    snurched from www.dgeek.com of course.
                    Meh. I want to be American just to watch that movie for free..! There are so many things I want from different fandoms, though Stargate is my main fandom right now. Currently bidding on a Field Ops version of Sheppard's team as action figures on eBay. Rodney's getting terribly expensive... but then again, he's worth it! I love action figures!

Comment

OMG i want the action figure soooo bad! i can't find the Atlantis one's anywhere though lol! I can onlu find SG-1 ones locally!

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                      Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                      Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Valaslonglostsister View Post
                        OMG i want the action figure soooo bad! i can't find the Atlantis one's anywhere though lol! I can onlu find SG-1 ones locally!

Amazon.com. That's where I got the black ops Rodney.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Me--->
                          Hope your feeling better today!

To what, exactly?
                          Well...it's to late now...with all that kissing, I'm sure you've gave Rodney your cold!!

I think that was me... not sure tho.
                          I thought of you right away!! Woof...that is so you!

Not a fan of that show but it would be so cool! He would be the only reason for me to watch it!
                          Not a fan either...but if he shows up in an episode..I'm so watching it!!

Thanks!! You can write to Bridge Studios...here's what Watcher652 said how to get DH's autograph:
                          Spoiler:
                          You can write to Bridge Studios and ask for an autographed photo. David will eventually get to it, depending on when they forward the mail to him and when he has the time. That's an autograph for free, although you won't know what photo he'll send.

I don't know if he still does the postage for free. Back when the show was still on he did and told his fans to save the postage. i'm sure he got the show to pay for it.

The best way to avoid David having to lay out any of his own money is to send a photo in a self addressed stamped envelope with a request for an autograph. Put something in to protect the photo and make sure you have enough return postage. If you don't have a photo you want signed, still send the return envelope and make sure you say in your note that you aren't including a photo so he won't wonder if you left it out.

Studio address

Stargate Atlantis
                          c/o Bridge Studios
                          2400 Boundary Road
                          Burnaby, British Columbia
                          V5M 3Z3
                          Canada

I don't know why they changed it, but I'm glad they did for DH's (and supreme thunkiness') sake!
                          Me too!!

I had a look for some 'Home' caps, but none of them show those lovely legs and I don't have time to watch the episode as I need to work on my fic

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r...hunk/home1.jpg
                          http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r...hunk/Home2.jpg
                          Nice legs!!! Thanks for those pictures.

Hey..how do you like your new toy, the DSi?

Originally posted by Valaslonglostsister View Post
                          I found a picture of the whole team.
                          Spoiler:
                          Last edited by ed263; 12 April 2009, 10:05 AM.

sig by Varda

Comment

*Salutes* Airman TinaJ
                            *salutes her superior*

The promotion is nice, but I think I need some 50+ posts before I get off the modded status. Or perhaps it's not just post count but the number of days you've been a member? They don't want to give out too many details, so that they can keep the spammers in the dark...

Thanks for the research! It's always good to know you have the facts right! Somebody seemed to interpret my post like I said that a black man couldn't have played Rodney, though what I said was that David was obviously so good that he was cast in spite of being white, i.e. they changed their original vision for the character to fit an actor because they liked him so much.

Adorable! Sleeping men wearing comfy clothes are so cute! Just want to snuggle up next to him, with my head on his chest! ( And then he'd wake up and say "Hey! You're not Jen!"... )

Comment

Oooh, the geeky scientist looking dangerous! *purrs* I normally think Rodney's more "cute" than "sexy", but in those pictures... mmm...

And thanks..! I just might be tempted to write to that address... any pic of him is fine by me!

Comment

Nice legs!!! Thanks for those pictures.
                                Very nice
                                Hey..how do you like your new toy, the DSi?
                                It's great fun! *Whacks another skeleton in Castlevania* *whack* *whack* *whack*

Pardon? Oh, whumping? Dunno where that came from...
                                *salutes her superior*

The promotion is nice, but I think I need some 50+ posts before I get off the modded status. Or perhaps it's not just post count but the number of days you've been a member? They don't want to give out too many details, so that they can keep the spammers in the dark...
                                Maybe you should ask the mods about that as I think I only had my first 5 posts checked when I joined
                                Adorable! Sleeping men wearing comfy clothes are so cute! Just want to snuggle up next to him, with my head on his chest! ( And then he'd wake up and say "Hey! You're not Jen!"... )
                                I agree. But I also think he looks so vulnerable (there's that pesky whump creeping in again )

Comment

Working...
                                X