No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oooohhhhh.....very nice piccies...i especiallu like the one with McKay in the red...*drool*...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elise
      Long time lurker, first time poster here. Just thought I would make my very first post on these forums special by obsessing over our dear McKay.

Unfortunately, being an Aussie means that I've only seen... Oh, five episodes of Atlantis, so I'm not as well versed in all things McKay (Or Atlantis, for that matter) as some of you guys seem to be. But hey, I'm learning.

First off, welcome to our humble thread.

Second. That sucks that you have to wait so long to see the episodes! If I knew there were more Atlantis episodes out there and I couldn't see them, I'd go nuts!!! You are a very strong person....
      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
        Which Rodney is more delicious: Labcoat Rodney, or Red Jumpsuit Rodney???
        Oh, no contest.... both, any... all of the above and more.. Although, I did take Labcoat!Rodney to make my bear after (Now with ZPM!) . I'm gonna look like a dork carrying him around the con, but if there's even the slightest chance I'll run into DH... I want to be prepared to get a pic of him, the bear and me.

And with that... g'night from beautiful Vancouver.

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
          Although, I did take Labcoat!Rodney to make my bear after (Now with ZPM!) . I'm gonna look like a dork carrying him around the con, but if there's even the slightest chance I'll run into DH... I want to be prepared to get a pic of him, the bear and me.
          That bear is so adorable! Just like Rodney.

And, let me reassure you, you will not look like a dork with him. Please, I've been to a zillion conventions and that is so tame compared to some of the things I could tell you about. Like having your dog dressed up in a Star Trek uniform.

Originally posted by strivaria
          And with that... g'night from beautiful Vancouver.
          Even if you can't find David, there better be a report! At least you get to see Joe!

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker
            Found a pic to illustrate my reasoning (should also satisfy those of you obssessed with hands and arms

Ah, yes! The wonderful second half of season 1 where we lost that awful beige jacket (which person shall we shoot at, oh how about the only one wearing the different colored jacket?) and got to see Rodney's very nice arms.

Thanks for the pic!

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
              I got Season 6 on DVD for my birthday, so I sat down with my mom to watch the 'Redemption' episodes. They're some of my favorite episodes. But anyway when it was the part with McKay and Sam in the infirmary and he said how his teacher told him when he was twelve that he had no sense of the art of piano what so ever. My mom was like..."No one would tell a 12 year old that. Thats really mean." Poor McKay.
              Wanna bet? There are some very cruel people in this world... my first piano teacher used to wack all her students on the finger joints if they didn't play properly or prod our fingers with her pencil if we didn't curve our fingers in the correct manner. I was six going on seven when I first started...

But back to Rodney... No wonder the poor fellow is such a fearful and deliberately obnoxious creature... It's like he's still proving his mettle to his piano by overcompensating. We know he's a genius... but he doesn't seem to believe it himself...
              However, Atlantis has been good for him... he's had to face a few demons and probably needs to face a few more.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I prefer Rodney in his blue shirts too. The colour really brings out his eyes, not to mention the fact that when he's in his blue tshirt we get to see his yummy arms!

As for the jackets I love the new bluey grey one he wears rather than the icky beige one. He looked so cute in that in The Gift! Blue is most deffinately his colour!

Luce x

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                  What? I thought an essay was a short literary composition on a single subject, usually a personal view. Is there supposed to be a word count? Maybe I should stick to caps.
                  i just wasnt in the mood for much reading yesterday, thats why i said that.

sigpic
                  Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                  Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
                    I prefer Rodney in his blue shirts too. The colour really brings out his eyes, not to mention the fact that when he's in his blue tshirt we get to see his yummy arms!
                    i prefer rodney without any shirts! then we can see more than just his arms!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                      i prefer rodney without any shirts! then we can see more than just his arms!

That reminds me... Are they ever gonna release Darklight on DVD? I know it was a Scifi Channel movie, but they've released their movies before.

See the Clips | IMDB site | Official Site
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Proud Rodney McKay Thunker | Proud Jayne Cobb Thunker | Keeper of the M.A.L.P.-on-a-Stick

Comment

Ohh..just got an email from Amazon.ca-- my copy of "Nothing" has shipped! Hopefully in a week I can put up some pics for y'all.

See the Clips | IMDB site | Official Site
                        Proud Rodney McKay Thunker | Proud Jayne Cobb Thunker | Keeper of the M.A.L.P.-on-a-Stick

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker
                          Ohh..just got an email from Amazon.ca-- my copy of "Nothing" has shipped! Hopefully in a week I can put up some pics for y'all.
                          lucky you! i want that movie!
                          i'm gunna try and save up, but i'm kinda £24 in debt. as soon as that payed up I'll try to find it

sigpic

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/attachmen...tid=1472&stc=1

oh god! his lips! mmmm... *drools*

after watching that scene for the billionth time all i can concentrate on is his lips! they're just so pink and delicious and yummy and kissable and bitable! mmmmm...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                              Just a question - what age would someone be in 6th grade? Not sure aobut american schools but was trying to figure out if the science fair thing was before or after he got told that...
                              In America, 6th grade is generally 12 years old, but much depends on the birthday. If child turns 5 by September in most school districts, they will put the child in Kindergarten. After that date, they may test for aptitude, but in general the child has to wait til the following Sept. to start school.

And yeah, a whole lot depends on the teacher. My music teachers were nice, encouraging. He just had the rotten luck to have miserable parents and perhaps that's why they gave him some teacher like themselves. I think that if McKay's heart would open up a bit and take real joy in life, the "art of music" would probably come to him, if he truly has the technical skills already. I wouldn't have tolerated someone putting down my child's attempts to play. Or put up with any teacher who was downright mean to her.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                                I think I was the first one to express (or at least post) a love of Rodney's hands. Here's a little essay I posted about Rodney.
                                I think your little essay sums it up pretty darn good. Oh, and Watcher, I have to tell you (even though you wrote it on the other McKay thread) that I too think Wesley Crusher (& doogie) are pretty darn thunk worthy. In fact, Wil Wheaton was the first "celebrity" poster on my wall. Yeah, I was like 12. He was later joined by various hair band posters. Just goes to show, once a geek lover, always a geek lover.

I my Geek!
                                "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                                "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                                Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                                Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                                "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                                Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                                Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                                (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Working...
                                X