Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McKay's girl
    and also the reason why he likes football- 'cheerleaders' lol!
    Yep his expression then, priceless! I coudn't help but notice how genuine a smile Ford (Rainbow Sun Franks) seems to have on his face at that comment, and also while McKay's arguing with the kids. I bet there's a few good giggles behind the scenes. I would SO love to be allowed to hang around their set for a day or three!
    McKay, "I'm not sure I can fix this."
    Grodin, "You can fix anything."
    McKay, "Who told you that?"
    Grodin, "You did. Several times."

Comment

Originally posted by Cassiopeia
      So how's the fan fic?

I only recently caught up with 48 hours, and haven't had chance to watch Redemption yet (I know, I know, horror of horrors I'm not a long standing SG1 fan, just Atlantis, so I'm still playing catch up with some of the more relevant eps of SG1), but I have to say I actually liked McKay in 48 hours, he's kinda like a refreshing breath of air in that with everyone so serious and heroic and dedicated to saving Teal'c... actually, make that a refreshing er hurricane?

Well, I haven't started it yet. I do alot of Dragonriders of Pern fic and PBeMs, but I've never done a Stargate one. I've been playing with a Tag and a Missing Scene but haven't finished either. I've had several plot bunnies running around in my head, but I don't feel confident enough with McKay's peculiarities yet to write a fic starring him. I want to do everybody justice, especially him since he is my favorite. Hence the rewatching of the McKay episodes. It's going to be next week before I get over to my uncles house so I'll get them watched and start on it then. I don't know if I'll make it a McWeir or not, I'm not usually that great writing romance, but I've done it before to rave reviews, so maybe I'll get inspired.

And don't feel bad about not watching the shows, everybody has to start somewhere! I didn't start watching SG1 until it moved from Showtime to the Scifi channel because I didnt get showtime. I then caught up on the seasons I missed in repeats and when they came out on DVD.
      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I've been watching SG since I was a kid, until they stopped airing it. Then a few years later they started airing it again but I foget what it was like and thought it was just a kids show, so it took a while to get hooked again.

sigpic
        Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
        Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
          Was that all he was in??? I could have sworn he was in more Episodes than that... he left such a lasting impression...
          David makes a lasting impression for everything he's in so that's no surprise. I'm just glad I didn't see him in SG1 before Atlantis otherwise I'd have been praying he would be in more episodes at the time and would have had to wait ages...

Comment

Oh! Completely caught me off guard there.... I'm a fan with the movies, Alan Rickman's performance makes me like Snape. But in the books, he's too cookie cutter for me.
            Yes, Alan Rickman has made far too many people like Snape....but funnily enough I liked him more in the books. I always imagined his voice would be just as great as Rickman does or, even better.

Oh yeah, has anyone read those SGa/HP crossovers. I saw an interesting Rodney fic or two in that genre. Can you just imagine that?
            In fact the other day I was thinking since David was born in the Uk (unless IMDB is wrong or I'm taking it wrongly) then couldn't he in theory be cast for the HP movies/ Or...(since they need one)..Doctor Who?

Comment

I want to do everybody justice, especially him since he is my favorite. Hence the rewatching of the McKay episodes. It's going to be next week before I get over to my uncles house so I'll get them watched and start on it then. I don't know if I'll make it a McWeir or not, I'm not usually that great writing romance, but I've done it before to rave reviews, so maybe I'll get inspired.
              Anything I can do to help inspire you?
              Though they'll be more banners soon for the 4th competition...

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                Anything I can do to help inspire you?
                Though they'll be more banners soon for the 4th competition...

I don't know if you can do anything to help inspire, but I'll take anything you can dish up! Really though, I've found when it just pours out of me its really good, but when I have to work on it I'm left feeling disappointed.

Oh, and I watched Rising pt 1 again. (I hate it when I have a day off after working 5 midnight shifts and then I can't sleep at night!) I hate how they took out all those scenes. Rodney with his cat really add to his character. And you guys were right with the chair flirting. She is so so fliting w/ him during that. I can't believe I missed it the first time.... It must have been when I was eating.

Comment

Oh, and I watched Rising pt 1 again. (I hate it when I have a day off after working 5 midnight shifts and then I can't sleep at night!) I hate how they took out all those scenes. Rodney with his cat really add to his character.
                  Awww. How could they cut out his cat, it will so confuse people later on if they've only seen that version.
                  Well atleast we get a new avatar with his cat on over here

Comment

Yes, Alan Rickman has made far too many people like Snape....but funnily enough I liked him more in the books. I always imagined his voice would be just as great as Rickman does or, even better.

Oh yeah, has anyone read those SGa/HP crossovers. I saw an interesting Rodney fic or two in that genre. Can you just imagine that?
                    In fact the other day I was thinking since David was born in the Uk (unless IMDB is wrong or I'm taking it wrongly) then couldn't he in theory be cast for the HP movies/ Or...(since they need one)..Doctor Who?
                    Yep I think Alan Rickman's a good actor and does the part well enough but like you I'm more a fan of the book character.

Saw a behind the scenes look at Doctor Who the other night. I think David would be brilliant in the part. Maybe in ten or twelve years' time when Atlantis has finally run out of ideas...? I haven't read any of the cross-over fics. How weird is that huh? LOL Any you can recommend?

I'm reading IMDB same as you are, and I'm pretty sure I saw another reference to David Hewlett being born in Surrey or somewhere down South??? Can't remember where I read it though, other than IMDB. Three HP movies to go, who knows? A nice cameo role in one of them would probably fit around the Atlantis shooting schedule. Has anyone heard DH do anything where he has less of an accent? I personally love his voice (ok, no real surprise there then ) but I wonder if he'd have to sound 'British' for HP? If he even LIKES HP that is!!!

Comment

Oh, and I watched Rising pt 1 again. (I hate it when I have a day off after working 5 midnight shifts and then I can't sleep at night!) I hate how they took out all those scenes. Rodney with his cat really add to his character. And you guys were right with the chair flirting. She is so so fliting w/ him during that. I can't believe I missed it the first time.... It must have been when I was eating.
                      Er. She was flirting with him??? Really? I am SO not good at picking up on things like that. Though from what I can recall of the scene he doesn't seem to exactly be picking up on the fact either?

Comment

Awww. How could they cut out his cat, it will so confuse people later on if they've only seen that version.
                        Well atleast we get a new avatar with his cat on over here
                        Well, they also cut out the parts with Simon. And that will definetly confuse people down the road!

Comment

Er. She was flirting with him??? Really? I am SO not good at picking up on things like that. Though from what I can recall of the scene he doesn't seem to exactly be picking up on the fact either?

Oh yeah, Rodney was completely oblivious to the whole thing! He's way too ego centric at this stage to realize other people's feelings. But I still say she was flirting!

Comment

Saw a behind the scenes look at Doctor Who the other night. I think David would be brilliant in the part. Maybe in ten or twelve years' time when Atlantis has finally run out of ideas...? I haven't read any of the cross-over fics. How weird is that huh? LOL Any you can recommend?

I'm reading IMDB same as you are, and I'm pretty sure I saw another reference to David Hewlett being born in Surrey or somewhere down South??? Can't remember where I read it though, other than IMDB. Three HP movies to go, who knows? A nice cameo role in one of them would probably fit around the Atlantis shooting schedule. Has anyone heard DH do anything where he has less of an accent? I personally love his voice (ok, no real surprise there then ) but I wonder if he'd have to sound 'British' for HP? If he even LIKES HP that is!!!
                            Yes. I agree David cold probably do a very cool Doctor Who but not right now obviously. As for crossover fics. Read two short ones which are McKay/Weir (Mystery and Blemished by Mary Christmas) and I think there's a few others out there somewhere.

As for HP - I think it's a requirement for casting that you're British. Not sure if you can get away with british born and a decent enough accent but it'd would be cool if tht was so. What part could you see him in? I know they've started filming book 4 already but are there any charactesrs or types that you could see him playing?

Comment

Well, they also cut out the parts with Simon. And that will definetly confuse people down the road!
                              Wow, that really will. funny how all the parts cut out relate to LFP and will probably confse people.

Comment

Wow, that really will. funny how all the parts cut out relate to LFP and will probably confse people.
                                It'll mess with them when they see Home too!

Comment

Working...
                                X