No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it me or does Davids hair look kinda curlyish in that last cap? In Nothing his hair kinda curled at the bottom where it was longer. So cute!

Lucy x

Comment

Ooooo also the charity idea sounds great! For JR Bournes Birthday his fan club are donating money to a charity that he holds very dear to him. If someone can find out a charity David supports it'd be a great idea!

Lucy x

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
        Great idea. Over the years, I've belonged to quite a few official fan clubs (still belong to a couple), all approved by the actors themselves. One of the main functions of the fan club was to raise money for the actor's designated charities. We would have tables at conventions with raffles to raise money, or sell donated items on eBay with the proceeds going to the charity. Sometimes the actor would donate an item, but many times the item would come from a fan's private collection.

Now, we don't have to belong to an official fan club (although I'll be one of the first to join if there is ever is an official one) but we can still donate to a charity in David's name. I don't know if any Stargate actor has an official fan club. Maybe it's just not a Stargate thing to do.

Sometimes you can figure out a charity from interviews or convention remarks. But I haven't had the pleasure of seeing David in person yet and I haven't seen anything in any interview I've read about a charity David might be interested in.

It can be any non-profit organization. I've donated to schools, animal shelters, AIDS support facilities, orphan placement organizations and science foundations.

The first season of Atlantis is over in the US. The cast is busy filming the second season. I think this is a good time to find out if David would like to designate a charity for us to donate to. If anybody knows how to find out, go to it. I'll be more than happy to donate in his name.

Maybe it could be as simple as writing David a letter?
        This is a great idea, guys. Count me in!

See the Clips | IMDB site | Official Site
        ---------------------------------------------
        ---------------------------------------------
        Proud Rodney McKay Thunker | Proud Jayne Cobb Thunker | Keeper of the M.A.L.P.-on-a-Stick

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
          Can anyone tell me what the movie Darklight is about? I know DH is in it but thats about it
          FYI, Darklight is going to be on in the US on SciFi this afternoon (4pm for me in Minnesota). I'm definitely going to check it out, mainly for evil!shirtless!DH but also because it has John de Lancie ("Q")!

Originally posted by not so ancient
          If we could find out a charity that David would like to designate, some cause he cares about, it would be nice if we would make a little donation in his honor.
          Fabulous idea! Now we need someone to get the word to David...

Comment

Where are people buying the Nothing dvd? I need region 1 and the only place I can find the dvd is on amazon.ca. If that's the only place, that's ok. I bought the first season of Traders from there. Thanks.

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I got it from Amazon.ca. Couldn't find it anywhere else.

Luce x

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
                Is it me or does Davids hair look kinda curlyish in that last cap? In Nothing his hair kinda curled at the bottom where it was longer. So cute!
                You want curly hair? He really had curly hair in Scanners II, but I only have a VHS tape of that. But here are a couple of shots from Where the Heart Is.

The whole family has wavy hair.

David with a Computer!

With Food and Chocolate!

With Chocolate!

(sorry the last one is blurry, it was a panning shot)

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

68?! Damn! He's 20 yrs older than me!
                  I hope you don't think he's 68! He's 36-4 years younger than me-

Comment

melt.

Is it July yet?

Comment

Originally posted by buni1161
                      I'm sure she was referring to David's birth year, 1968.

My kind of guy:

Comment

He's turning 37? Aww, he's just a kid.
                        Still want to know if they have b-day parties for everyone on the set.

spreading the sweetness that is Dr. McKay.

Comment

Hey, that's 13 years older then me.... so, he's not that old, cool.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                          Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by buni1161
                            lol no! I know my maths is bad but it aint that bad! I meant the year 1968.

And he's turning 37 21 years too old!
                            If only I can place him in Neverland, then I'll come get him in 20 years!

By the way, I'm getting Darklight (its nearly 50% done..shush!)
                            It doesnt seem very popular at the rate its taking

sigpic
                            Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                            Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by Renenutet
                              Hey, that's 13 years older then me.... so, he's not that old, cool.
                              Lucky you

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                                With all due respect to Pixar and yourself... I don't see how they characters compare... Sure, there may be superficial similarities but the characters in Atlantis are far darker and more complex than that.

I've said else where that I'm uncomfortable comparing characters from one sci-fi show to another because it raises or lowers expectations (depending which way you bend). I think we should allow the characters to develop and find their niche... that is the beauty of an arc-based show... we see complexities, we see layers and it gives us the chance to plumb the depths.

Rodney, has his insecurities and has a tendency toward verbal diarrhoea but there are lovely moments one glimpses his enthusisam, his sensitivity... they are rare moments now but hopefully as the story develops we will see more of the other shades.
                                Chill out man! I was just kidding around

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X