Clear All

Originally posted by Easter Lily
    It frightens me to think of members in Atlantis as archetypes of Toy Story
    How about this?-
    Buzz- John
    Woody- Rodney
    Green soldiers- Ford
    Bopeep- Wier
    I cant think of one for Teyla, maybe the drawing board??

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

How long would Rodney last locked in a room with Sheppard?

sigpic

Comment

Forgive me if someone's mentioned this already, but I'm still on page 30 of this thread.

I just wanted to share this information with US fans. DH is in an upcoming syndicated episode of The District ("Family Values"), airing Wednesday, March 30th on USA. Check your listings and set your recording devices!
        Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanwoman
          Forgive me if someone's mentioned this already, but I'm still on page 30 of this thread.

I just wanted to share this information with US fans. DH is in an upcoming syndicated episode of The District ("Family Values"), airing Wednesday, March 30th on USA. Check your listings and set your recording devices!
          Thats it! I'm moving to the US!!

sigpic

Comment

Can anyone tell me what the movie Darklight is about? I know DH is in it but thats about it

I watched Star Wars episode 1 this morning, I couldnt understand some of accents but it looks pretty good.
            I'm hoping to see the originals too, they sound pretty cool. And why did they change Luke's and Darth Vader's names?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
              Oh don't. We're hardly Utopia. If I could move to Canada, the UK, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand (I'd list other lovely countries, but I stink at foreign languages) I would do so in a second.

Things will probably get better here after 2008. So sit tight and think on it until then.
              ~*~*~*~*~*
              not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Fresh hot idea from my Not So Ancient Brain:

David's birthday is coming up. I believe it's the 18th of April.

Of course there are different views on this, but in my opinion, it's a bit odd to give people like film and TV stars a gift. Gifts should really come from friends and family. So, I have an alternative suggestion.

If we could find out a charity that David would like to designate, some cause he cares about, it would be nice if we would make a little donation in his honor.

This is something I came across in The X-Files fandom. Gillian Anderson's little brother suffers from a rare serious disease called neurofibromatosis and she gave her fans a lot of little ways to learn about that and donate to a charity that funds research and treatment. When the show wrapped up, all the actors designated their own favorite causes for fans to make charitable donations. I wish I could remember David Duchovny's. Nicholas Lea's was involved with animals, Mitch Pileggi's was about helping runaway/homeless teen prostitutes get off the streets.

Say David went along with the idea and designated a charity, we could share it the information with all our groups, and websites, and all around the fandom. The many people who are totally great at graphic design will make cool banners and stuff. Everyone can give whatever their budget allows. To me, it sounds like a win-win-win thing. David is honored, some good cause gets $, and we get to make both of those things happen.

What do you think of this idea? If I get positive feedback on this, I'll see what I can do about gathering the information. If I'm really off my rocker with this idea, I'll just shut up and that's fine too.

Talk to me.
                ~*~*~*~*~*
                not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

How about this?-
                  Buzz- John
                  Woody- Rodney
                  Green soldiers- Ford
                  Bopeep- Wier
                  I cant think of one for Teyla, maybe the drawing board??
                  With all due respect to Pixar and yourself... I don't see how they characters compare... Sure, there may be superficial similarities but the characters in Atlantis are far darker and more complex than that.

I've said else where that I'm uncomfortable comparing characters from one sci-fi show to another because it raises or lowers expectations (depending which way you bend). I think we should allow the characters to develop and find their niche... that is the beauty of an arc-based show... we see complexities, we see layers and it gives us the chance to plumb the depths.

Rodney, has his insecurities and has a tendency toward verbal diarrhoea but there are lovely moments one glimpses his enthusisam, his sensitivity... they are rare moments now but hopefully as the story develops we will see more of the other shades.
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

April 18th... hey! that's only five days after my b-day, April 13th.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                    Spoiler:

Comment

I think we oughta send him the "Sixth Sense" DVD! I hope you guys will accept as a fan of M.C.K.A.Y.! He wasn't my favorite character until LFP. After that ep I truly fell for Rodney. Look forward to seeing more of him in Season Two!

Comment

The irony is that I'm thinking of moving to Canada! not so ancient is right, the US is hardly Utopia.

Anywho, as the self-designated lurker of this thread, I humbly offer a capture pic from Cube. Its an odd moment, but its one of my favs...the moment where the irony kicks in and all you can do is laugh.

Cube Pic

See the Clips | IMDB site | Official Site
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Proud Rodney McKay Thunker | Proud Jayne Cobb Thunker | Keeper of the M.A.L.P.-on-a-Stick

Comment

Originally posted by not so ancient
                          Fresh hot idea from my Not So Ancient Brain:

David's birthday is coming up. I believe it's the 18th of April.

Of course there are different views on this, but in my opinion, it's a bit odd to give people like film and TV stars a gift. Gifts should really come from friends and family. So, I have an alternative suggestion.

If we could find out a charity that David would like to designate, some cause he cares about, it would be nice if we would make a little donation in his honor.

<snip>

Say David went along with the idea and designated a charity, we could share it the information with all our groups, and websites, and all around the fandom. The many people who are totally great at graphic design will make cool banners and stuff. Everyone can give whatever their budget allows. To me, it sounds like a win-win-win thing. David is honored, some good cause gets $, and we get to make both of those things happen.

What do you think of this idea? If I get positive feedback on this, I'll see what I can do about gathering the information. If I'm really off my rocker with this idea, I'll just shut up and that's fine too.

Talk to me.
                          Great idea. Over the years, I've belonged to quite a few official fan clubs (still belong to a couple), all approved by the actors themselves. One of the main functions of the fan club was to raise money for the actor's designated charities. We would have tables at conventions with raffles to raise money, or sell donated items on eBay with the proceeds going to the charity. Sometimes the actor would donate an item, but many times the item would come from a fan's private collection.

Now, we don't have to belong to an official fan club (although I'll be one of the first to join if there is ever is an official one) but we can still donate to a charity in David's name. I don't know if any Stargate actor has an official fan club. Maybe it's just not a Stargate thing to do.

Sometimes you can figure out a charity from interviews or convention remarks. But I haven't had the pleasure of seeing David in person yet and I haven't seen anything in any interview I've read about a charity David might be interested in.

It can be any non-profit organization. I've donated to schools, animal shelters, AIDS support facilities, orphan placement organizations and science foundations.

The first season of Atlantis is over in the US. The cast is busy filming the second season. I think this is a good time to find out if David would like to designate a charity for us to donate to. If anybody knows how to find out, go to it. I'll be more than happy to donate in his name.

Maybe it could be as simple as writing David a letter?

My kind of guy:
                          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Can anyone tell me what the movie Darklight is about? I know DH is in it but thats about it.
                            The blurb on SciFi is here. Despite starring 4 well known scifi actors and written by a scifi/comic book fan, it was not a good movie. But David was deliciously evil in the few moments we saw him.

This is another example of a SciFi movie where if they actually made the movie David is in, it would have been a great movie. What I mean by that is that David always is good even if the movie around him makes no sense. Actually, all the actors themselves were fine. But the movie couldn't be saved despite their efforts.

My kind of guy:
                            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

I don't think I posted this cap from Siege part 1. If I did, sorry. Poor Rodney looks a bit tired here. Have a hug, Rodney.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                                The blurb on SciFi is here. Despite starring 4 well known scifi actors and written by a scifi/comic book fan, it was not a good movie. But David was deliciously evil in the few moments we saw him.
                                Thanks, it looks really cool. Just hope the movies as good as the trailer

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X