No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The minute he found out she liked him though... well, that changes everything. Now he's in analysis mode trying to figure out how best to deal with the attraction thing

EXACTLY!!! The way he interacted with Allina the next day was pure "hyper-analysisofeverythingIsaytoherwillprobablysoundstupid" geekdom. And her response like, "What the heck has made you so weird all of a suden" reminded me of waaaaay too many looks on guys I had an interest in. I start to over-analyze everything and end up like Rodney, "Very good work, Allina, I mean, wonderful, I mean..." ending up with the feeling that you'd rather eat your PDA than have to talk anymore...

snaillady
    It may look like I'm doing nothing, but on the cellular level I'm really *quite* busy.

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
      How about Rodney as Buzz lightyear?
      Rodney: To Atlantis and beyond!!!
      Er... no... I don't quite see Rodney in that light... He's not gungho enough to be Buzz Lightyear... although on the odd occasion he has risen to the challenge...
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
        Er... no... I don't quite see Rodney in that light... He's not gungho enough to be Buzz Lightyear... although on the odd occasion he has risen to the challenge...
        I agree with you, Easter Lily.
        Ford on the hand would be Buzz but that's for another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
          Be smart.
          Be able to play Prime Not Prime.
          Have the Ancient gene to help play, er, study, Ancient tech (natural would be ideal, but artifical works, too).
          Be able to take the snark and be able to snark back.
          Understand references to Star Trek, Monthy Python, and The Outer Limits.
          Like cats.
          Come bearing gifts of chocolate and coffee.

Hmm, that kinda sounds like...

Oh, wait.

Have short, blonde hair.

Ok, then.
          He doesn't seem like a Trekkie fan. He did say he hates Back to the Future, probably because of the crappy science. The same goes for Star Trek.
          Infact if he hates Back to the future, then I just can't see him as a sci-fi fan if he takes the science in them literally.

By the way does anyone know when DH's birthday is? And also how old he is

sigpic
          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

By the way does anyone know when DH's birthday is? And also how old he is
            Imdb. com says his birthday is 18 April 1968.

Comment

How about Sheppard though? He seems gongho enough

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                LOL, Rodders! Who came up with that? I didn't hear people calling him that till reacently. It is a fricken hilarious nickname!
                I dunno but my mate and I always call him Rodders when we're discussing him. I think we got it from Only Fools and Horses which is a hilarious British TV show. Kinda cute nickname huh lol.

Lucy x

Comment

Sheppard fits Buzz Lightyear better. But McKay really makes the show. The producers had a great idea bringing him into this show.
                  Last edited by SLASeth; 25 March 2005, 02:06 PM. Reason: Adding icon
                  Seth Cotis,
                  SLA Stargate Command RPG
                  Stargate Command

If you are a fan of RPG's and Stargate check out SG9
                  http://sg9.slasims.com

Comment

David has mentioned his girfriend in several interviews. His tells the story about going home after a day of shooting and snapping his fingers and pointing at her to do something. She understood he still had McKay in his system, and said "I'm going to forgive you because you're a half hour after set, so you have an hour to get rid of him."

Ha!
                    He's lucky she didn't kick his @ss. "Snap your fingers at me?" [WHOMP!]

I knew that David and Soo Garay divorced last year (don't know anything about either their marriage or divorce) but I didn't know he had a girlfriend. He's far too engaging and attractive to remain alone too long. Poor man probably has to beat them off with a stick.
                    ~*~*~*~*~*
                    not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Just finished watching my favorite part of Mobius pt. 2
                      Spoiler:
                      "What? It's a ship. It goes through the gate."
                      Ha! At least in one reality he got to name it. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by SLASeth
                        Sheppard fits Buzz Lightyear better. But McKay really makes the show. The producers had a great idea bringing him into this show.
                        It frightens me to think of members in Atlantis as archetypes of Toy Story... I suppose it's my fault in the first instance for suggesting Rodney as a Peter Pan equivalent.
                        As for your second point, I don't know about that really... I love Rodney... but I still think he needs Sheppard or Zelenka as a nice counterbalance to his churlish demeanour. He needs someone to put him in his place from time to time.
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

He doesn't seem like a Trekkie fan.
                          You don't have to be a fan to understand Star Trek references. McKay cites Captain Kirk in Sanctuary and even knows when Star Trek was first aired ("It's very 1967 of you."). He also refers to Kirk in The Defiant One. And McKay is the one to name the transporters in Hide and Seek.

My kind of guy:
                          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

You don't have to be a fan to understand Star Trek references. McKay cites Captain Kirk in Sanctuary and even knows when Star Trek was first aired ("It's very 1967 of you."). He also refers to Kirk in The Defiant One. And McKay is the one to name the transporters in Hide and Seek.
                            I didn't notice any of them.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                              Imdb. com says his birthday is 18 April 1968.
                              68?! Damn! He's 20 yrs older than me!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X