No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did catch you're posts, sorry I was kinda busy looking at something else.
    I did see the finger-pointing thing from Wier but I didnt take much notice of it. People do it all the time. Rodney's just abit more aggressive.

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
      I did see the finger-pointing thing from Wier but I didnt take much notice of it. People do it all the time. Rodney's just abit more aggressive.
      A bit???!!! lol. I just loved it in the Seige part 2 when
      Spoiler:
      he took Colonel Everett down a peg or two and then followed it up with 'shut up I've got an idea'...
      Classic McKay!
      McKay, "I'm not sure I can fix this."
      Grodin, "You can fix anything."
      McKay, "Who told you that?"
      Grodin, "You did. Several times."

Comment

Originally posted by Cassiopeia
        ...which could take a while to figure out... lol.

Yep, I hadn't picked up on the
        Spoiler:
        finger pointing thing, and if so isn't it typical Rodney to take exception when someone does it to him! He probably doesn't even realise it's a habit of his...
        ...well how about who's closer to Canada and who's closest to Czech republic...

Oh and on the habits, I noticed he does in fact do a finger rubbing together thing. I once wrote it in a fic, thinking it was so very Rodney like and I noticed some point recently that he really does do that too. Now I wonder if he does the foot tapping thing that many fic writers have him do (myself included) but I guess its hard to see that and we wouldn't hear it unless they want us to.

I do so love that other thing he does, forget who mentioned it, is a few pages back I think, but it is so sweet
        Spoiler:
        like in the Seige with Grodin saying "Stand by" and Rodney replying "Standing by...", plus there were plenty of other examples given of him doing that, it's just really cute and I'm sure he wouldn't realise he'd do that either!

Comment

lol ye! that was funny! I just watched that bit again! It's so great to have all the episodes on your pc and access them when you want to!

And as for which one of us is McKay and which is Zalenka, thats gonna take ages! But I cant imagine them finishing off each others sentences thou. They're not that alike

sigpic

Comment

Well yes people do do that all the time but I can't recall Sheppard or Ford etc of doing it. Maybe Zelenka, who I imagine spends alot of time around Rodney also, just seemed like Rodney's habits rubbing off on Weir a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
              I live in the UK. That's pretty far from Canada, and I don't have a clue where Czech is, never mind know how to pronounce it!

sigpic

Comment

lol ye! that was funny! I just watched that bit again! It's so great to have all the episodes on your pc and access them when you want to!

And as for which one of us is McKay and which is Zalenka, thats gonna take ages! But I cant imagine them finishing off each others sentences thou. They're not that alike
                Ah but if there are three of us acting like them then how do we split it?!

{dibs on McKay's clone - call me Quentin from now on...}

Oh and Zelenka and Mckay do do the finishing off sentences/ideas in that scene from the Storm and in The Gift
                Spoiler:
                McKay is doing it with Weir too now, in that office scene, it was just so cute because he didn't realise what he was doing and looked a little hurt/dissapointed when Sheppard told him to cut it out.

Comment

Kavanav? Probably not, noone likes him. Another scientist? How about Beckett? McKay gets on ok with him.
                  He used to be my favourite at first too but then McKay grew on me

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin

Oh and on the habits, I noticed he does in fact do a finger rubbing together thing. I once wrote it in a fic, thinking it was so very Rodney like and I noticed some point recently that he really does do that too. Now I wonder if he does the foot tapping thing that many fic writers have him do (myself included) but I guess its hard to see that and we wouldn't hear it unless they want us to.

I do so love that other thing he does, forget who mentioned it, is a few pages back I think, but it is so sweet
                    Spoiler:
                    like in the Seige with Grodin saying "Stand by" and Rodney replying "Standing by...", plus there were plenty of other examples given of him doing that, it's just really cute and I'm sure he wouldn't realise he'd do that either!

Geographically huh?! Ok, I'm in Staffordshire, and geography's not one of my strong points but... doesn't that put you closer to the Czech republic???
                    They're both so cute anyway. So, do you think we might have been watching them too much and it's rubbing off...

In
                    Spoiler:
                    the Seige I think actually it was me who mentioned that example too, but others highlighted some of the other times he does it. I like when he says it in Hot Zone, 'head back'...'heading back'. Just SOOOOO cute.

Now you mention it yep I've noticed the finger rubbing thing too, didn't realise that was a 'real' habit though, thanks for that little snippet of info.

Comment

I live in the UK. That's pretty far from Canada, and I don't have a clue where Czech is, never mind know how to pronounce it!
                      Really, me too. I live in Norfolk.

All I really know is Canada is to the west and Czech (pronouced like 'Cheque' more or less as far as I know) in Europeish area, so to the east... (though if I was going to nitpick my own stuff I could point out if you go east far enough you get to Canada too and vice versa....)

Comment

But I cant imagine them finishing off each others sentences thou. They're not that alike

Actually they DO think alike, they've done the finishing each other's sentences thing a few times, most noticeably the Seige pt 2 and the Storm (or might have been the Eye).

Comment

I noticed the finger rubbing thing too, I just dismissed it as fidgeting

sigpic

Comment

Kavanav? Probably not, noone likes him. Another scientist? How about Beckett? McKay gets on ok with him.
                            He used to be my favourite at first too but then McKay grew on me
                            Nope, I'll stick with his unofficial clone (i.e. entirely fictious and in fact from a fanfic of mine...). Quentin, Quentin McKay- has a nice ring to it possibly?

Season 2 rumours
                            Spoiler:
                            Did anyone see the stuff over on the Joe Mallozzi Q&A thread, he told everyone about episodes that are getting done for SGa/SG1 and the titles they didn't use - one of which was "The Clone/Not clone story"...

Which makes me hope it's SGa and having 2 McKay's!
                            I mean BIS had 2 of everyone technically and 2 of Weir in one timeline so it would be cool to get 2 Rodney's and see how they cope and what happens and how everyone else deals with it too...DH overdose almost I imagine for if that episode happens.

Comment

Hey yes, McKay's girl you could be Beckett if he used to be your favorite!!!

This is getting complicated... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cassiopeia
                                Actually they DO think alike, they've done the finishing each other's sentences thing a few times, most noticeably the Seige pt 2 and the Storm (or might have been the Eye).
                                I didnt notice that, I'll watch Siege Part 2 again when I've got the time.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X