X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Have you ever caused an infinite loop? That's a fun time!
    I am the foremost expert when it comes to infinite loops, which I guess is a dubious title to hold in that area.

Okay, do you mind me asking why you're doing the interview then?
    My current employers' idea.

They turned in my candidacy without telling me so much to my surprise I received a phonecall 2 weeks ago that I had been shortlisted and if interested I would be invited for an interview.

It's basically a support job cause they have their own "citizen developers" so it would be for 2 days a week, while the other 3 would just be for my current employer. I'll still be fully employed at Robonext so the other company has to pay a consultancy fee to them.

Originally posted by admirallily View Post
    Hello, fellow Sparkies. It's been about 20 years since SGA first aired and about 15 or so since I was involved in the fandom after how everything went down.
    Welcome (back)!

Also, thanks for making us feel old again.

Leave a comment:

• admirallily
    replied
    Hello, fellow Sparkies. It's been about 20 years since SGA first aired and about 15 or so since I was involved in the fandom after how everything went down. I took a break from Facebook for this month of January and with all that time opened up (LOL) I found myself drawn to the past. Tapped into my old fanfics and somehow got stuck on the SGA ones. Been back on a kick ever since. Bought the DVDs and digitals again. Been working my way through the episodes and all my fics as well as others. I'm sad to see how some of my favorite places have gone away but glad to see this one still around. So here I am to say hello and apparently Sparky had such an impact that all these years later and even after how things went, my opinions haven't changed. I thought I might be ambivalent or accepting, but nope. I love those two as much as ever. Even managed to finish writing a few fics that I started almost two decades ago. They're not great but they're comforting and fun.

Leave a comment:

• Scary Kitty
    replied
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Okay, do you mind me asking why you're doing the interview then? Just curious, because I find interviews to be a horrible experience. I'd rather have a root canal.
    You and me both.

Oh, I haven't seen the original in years myself. It's pretty twisted when you really think about it.

I mainly wanted to see the new one because one of the actors in Timeless was in it. He played the lead villain, and he was so deliciously over the top and campy, while singing and dancing his heart out, that I enjoyed the whole movie just for that.
    Hah! I saw the gifsets on Tumblr, that does look like a lot of fun!

Leave a comment:

• JT-2
    replied
    Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I have similar moments with my automatic processes, one such had a virtual machine log off midway a session for no apparent reason. Took me 3 weeks to figure out what the hell was wrong with it.

Turned out, nothing was wrong with it. The process just took too long doing things in the background with nothing happening in the foreground that the VM thought it was standing idly by and thus logged off all on its own. Much to my frustration of course...
    D'oh!!! That's very frustrating.

Have you ever caused an infinite loop? That's a fun time!

Anywho, I have a job interview next week... for an RPA consultancy position.
    Still very much employed by my current company and no intention of leaving -- should have lead with that when I told my best friend, though I got a good laught out of her reaction.
    Okay, do you mind me asking why you're doing the interview then? Just curious, because I find interviews to be a horrible experience. I'd rather have a root canal.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
    Still haven't seen the new one. Haven't seen the old one in years, either.
    Oh, I haven't seen the original in years myself. It's pretty twisted when you really think about it.

I mainly wanted to see the new one because one of the actors in Timeless was in it. He played the lead villain, and he was so deliciously over the top and campy, while singing and dancing his heart out, that I enjoyed the whole movie just for that.

Leave a comment:

• Scary Kitty
    replied
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I saw Wonka in the theater today (had the theater to myself). It was okay. I grew up on the original, so....
    ​Still haven't seen the new one. Haven't seen the old one in years, either.

I have similar moments with my automatic processes, one such had a virtual machine log off midway a session for no apparent reason. Took me 3 weeks to figure out what the hell was wrong with it.

Turned out, nothing was wrong with it. The process just took too long doing things in the background with nothing happening in the foreground that the VM thought it was standing idly by and thus logged off all on its own. Much to my frustration of course...
    Geeze, and it wasn't even AI shenanigans, either...

Anywho, I have a job interview next week... for an RPA consultancy position.
    Still very much employed by my current company and no intention of leaving -- should have lead with that when I told my best friend, though I got a good laught out of her reaction.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X