X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT-2
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Good, looks like it's not too bad for you back there, hope it stays that way!

Our snow forecast for later in the week keeps getting dialed down, but the cold is also getting extended; we may not see temps get back over 40 until Tuesday of next week.
    That's unfortunate!! It will warm up here. It'll be 54 on Wednesday. We wound up getting 5 inches of heavy snow. My shoveling guy just showed up.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Mmmm, burgers... (can you tell I haven't had breakfast yet? )

And hey, there's always hockey...

I wish I could get into hockey. Or basketball. With hockey, I can't follow the puck so I can never figure out how to follow the action. With basketball, the squeaking shoes aggravate the heck out of me. Last time the Celtics were in it, I watched with the volume off. But then I found something else to annoy me - players chewing on their mouth guards. Same reason I don't like Patrick Mahomes of the Kansas City Chiefs. When players chew on mouth guards, it's like nails on a chalkboard for me.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
    Lost both boardgames (Ticket To Ride: 1910 Northern-America & Firefly boardgame) today but ah well... such is my life.

Had a good time nonetheless.​
    As long as you had a good time!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
    @ the line in bold -- so your general caucasian variety: Celtic, Anglo-Saxon, maybe a bit of Dane.

But also... wow... that's wild indeed.​
    Yup!! My niece came up with that description for it.

And because of this realization, I'm wondering if my logical math brain comes from my paternal grandmother's side, since my cousin is also a computer programmer. I always thought my math brain came from my paternal grandfather. Which was kinda sexist of me, come to think of it. Hmmm....

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Lost both boardgames (Ticket To Ride: 1910 Northern-America & Firefly boardgame) today but ah well... such is my life.

Had a good time nonetheless.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I have a weird story to tell you. I did the ancestry.com DNA thing awhile ago. I think I mentioned it. (I'm basically super duper white). Yesterday I got a message from a former coworker of mine. Her brother did it too, and my name came up as a DNA match. Turns out we're second cousins!! Her grandfather and my grandmother were siblings. I knew her last name was my grandmother's maiden name, but it's a fairly common British sounding name so I never put any thought into it. Too freaking weird.
    @ the line in bold -- so your general caucasian variety: Celtic, Anglo-Saxon, maybe a bit of Dane.

But also... wow... that's wild indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Scary Kitty
    replied
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Well, as of about 6am we have about 3 inches of snow outside. It's now supposed to change to rain for a bit, then go back to snow later in the afternoon.

Good, looks like it's not too bad for you back there, hope it stays that way!

Our snow forecast for later in the week keeps getting dialed down, but the cold is also getting extended; we may not see temps get back over 40 until Tuesday of next week.

Football this weekend is going to be a dud for me. The Raiders and Patriots are both out of the playoffs, and they are both playing teams that are also out of the playoffs. So they're only playing for... I guess... pride? The Patriots game might be entertaining for the weather factor, as it's going to be happening in the middle of the snowstorm.

The Eagles are playing too, but they will end up in the playoffs as a wild card win or lose.

So it's a whole big nothing burger. Next comes the playoffs, then the Superbowl (my current money is on the Ravens beating the 49ers in the big game). Then football season is over.
    Mmmm, burgers... (can you tell I haven't had breakfast yet? )

And hey, there's always hockey...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Thank you for the birthday wishes.

I had a good day even if I had to work.

A simple walk meet-up turned into a lunch meet-up instead (due to the weather being crappy), then was smuggled into the old office building for a quick visit and pick up some stuff (very few ex-colleagues were there to notice me ), and then had the good fortune of working from home again in the afternoon.

Closed the day gaming with my sister and watching TV. Tomorrow, I mean today Sunday, my best friend is coming over for some boardgaming.
    Ah, that's a great day! Glad you had fun!

I have a weird story to tell you. I did the ancestry.com DNA thing awhile ago. I think I mentioned it. (I'm basically super duper white). Yesterday I got a message from a former coworker of mine. Her brother did it too, and my name came up as a DNA match. Turns out we're second cousins!! Her grandfather and my grandmother were siblings. I knew her last name was my grandmother's maiden name, but it's a fairly common British sounding name so I never put any thought into it. Too freaking weird!
    That's wild! Sometimes the weirdest coincidences pop up, don't they?

Leave a comment:

• JT-2
    replied
    Well, as of about 6am we have about 3 inches of snow outside. It's now supposed to change to rain for a bit, then go back to snow later in the afternoon.

I have a weird story to tell you. I did the ancestry.com DNA thing awhile ago. I think I mentioned it. (I'm basically super duper white). Yesterday I got a message from a former coworker of mine. Her brother did it too, and my name came up as a DNA match. Turns out we're second cousins!! Her grandfather and my grandmother were siblings. I knew her last name was my grandmother's maiden name, but it's a fairly common British sounding name so I never put any thought into it. Too freaking weird!

A simple walk meet-up turned into a lunch meet-up instead (due to the weather being crappy), then was smuggled into the old office building for a quick visit and pick up some stuff (very few ex-colleagues were there to notice me ), and then had the good fortune of working from home again in the afternoon.

Closed the day gaming with my sister and watching TV. Tomorrow, I mean today Sunday, my best friend is coming over for some boardgaming.
    Sounds like a good day!!

​​
    My Lemming persona probably chewed on the wires. I'm sorry.
    I should have known!!!

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied

(I had to reboot my damn old PC 3 separate times just to post this, so I hope you appreciate it! )
    ​​

My Lemming persona probably chewed on the wires. I'm sorry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X