Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Gack. Sounds like me with my repeating days of running errands All. Day. Long. *headdesk*
    Well, I had two students each day, all of them were one female and one male... And they kept asking the exact same questions at the exact same times... Except for the third pair, they really didn't know what they were doing, especially the female student.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
    Yes....faranheit ....
    we'll miss you tomorrow!
    Actually Probie spelled it right, it's Fahrenheit. I would know, because Mr. Fahrenheit was a German physicist And still we measure in Celsius... (who was Swedish).

Over here it has cooled down a bit now. It's now around 5 degrees. Until last week it was much too warm. In fact at the Christmas market I couldn't even see my breath and I had to keep removing clothes, because I was too hot - I had dressed in really warm clothes out of habit (Christmas Market - > always freezing).
    We haven't even had snow, yet. Usually we get the first snow in early November before it warms up a bit again.

I LOVE that! So which of them do you think would want the live tree or the artificial tree?
    I can't imagine either of them wanting an artificial tree. We always had the discussion real candles or electrical ones. When I was little we always had real candles, that was so nice. These days my parents are really lazy and they get elecrical ones. (The main arguments in this discussion are:
    DAD: But real candles are much nicer, and the kid loves them.
    MUM: But they are more dangerous and you always have to stay in the room. Electrical ones you can light more often.)

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post

Actually Probie spelled it right, it's Fahrenheit. I would know, because Mr. Fahrenheit was a German physicist And still we measure in Celsius... (who was Swedish).
      yeah I know...and I realized I had spelled it wrong...and then hit the reply button without fixing it and forgot to edit it (it got crazy here...yay kids ) (I'm usually really weird about making sure things are spelled right....)
      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      sigpic

Comment

Heehee! That's so cute!

I LOVE that! So which of them do you think would want the live tree or the artificial tree?
        I imagine John being the one who wants the real tree. He remembers it being one of the best things from his childhood. Being a guy he's not too concerned about the mess. And besides he can just order the Marines to clean it up.

Elizabeth loves live trees but being practical she thinks a fake tree would work in Atlantis better. Besides where would they get a tree big enough for that huge gateroom? John sees that as a challenge and fun ensues. Rodney, of course, is allergic resulting in more trouble for Elizabeth than John had anticipated. He ends up apologizing for being thoughtless and thoughtful at the same time and surprises her with a tiny artificial tree in her quarters.

Now how's that for a mini-fic without the fic 'cause I got no time to write it.

By way of making it up to you, I offer my Christmas vid from last year.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          I'm against it. It has to be at least 6 ft or more to suit me. We got one about that size, a fraser fir because they aren't as prickly. But now I'm wondering why they look so perfect on the lot and then at home turn out to have a big hole. Luckily that can go against the wall. We always get a fresh one. The smell is just tremendous but it's a lot of work to keep it watered. I used to put fresh garlands and swags etc all over the house. Now I just do the fresh tree and have some pretty realistic fake garlands for over the fireplace and down the stair railing.

65 degrees F is about 18 degrees C. But by the time we got to the lot a cold front had come in and it was windy and cold. Perfect Christmas weather.

We'll miss you. We'll save naked John for you.
          I want a real tree. We've had an artificial one for years. I hate it. When I get my own place (soon, hopefully soon!) I plan to have a real tree.

1. We are officially obsessed with John/Elizabeth when someone posts a pic with ice sculpture and we all see Sparky in it.
          2. .....when I see my boss and I wonder what he would think if I give him a hug.
          3. when every new song I hear turns into a Sparky fanmix in my head...
          4. When I look in a catalog at this year's collection of UGG boots and imagine John getting Elizabeth a pair of them for Christmas...
          5. When your XBOX gamer tag is Sparky4evr...
          6. When upon receiving your free copy of SIMS3, your first thought is "Oh, I can make Elizabeth and John and make them fall in love, get married and make Sparky bebbies!"
          7. When you write oodles of fanfiction fixing the mess on the show so that you can get John and Elizabeth together.
          8. When 98.9% of your sketchbook is filled with drawings of either Sparky or their kids.
          9. When you buy the John and Elizabeth action figures just to put them in... 'compromising positions.'
          10. When the majority of your conversations with your friends inevitably mention Sparky in some form or another
          11. When you look on various websites for mixed drinks for a "Sparky" cocktail. And find one.
          12. when you see the words sparky or John and Elizabeth in the same sentence.
          13. When you are reading a book about firetrucks to your kids and can't help but grin like an idiot when you read that the fire dog's name is...yup...you guessed it...SPARKY!
          14. When you name one of your hair colour mixes "Sparky Red".
          15. When your computer is a veritable shrine to Sparky: wallpaper, folders full of pics, artwork, more wallpapers, fanfics...
          16. When you drive by the local marina and giggle knowingly at a yacht named 'Sparky.'
          17. When you've worked out the only difference between your ex-principle and Elizabeth is that your principle doesn't have a Sedge, and you try to work out who John is.
          18. All of your favorite songs end up in your sparky fanfics, either as titles or quotes.
          19. When you read other couples fanfiction and substitute John and Liz to see if it would work.
          20. You read the Sparky Thread in the mornings instead of the news paper.
          21. You print out Sparky fanfiction so you can read it away from your computer.
          22. When this morning, you receive a call of Elizabeth from Atlantis and you can't stop smiling and imagine that there is maybe a John with her. But it was not the real Atlantis but just a name of a company and Elizabeth was the customer. (This is the second time this has happened)
          23. You see a carnival with a ferris wheel and you immediately think of John taking Elizabeth for a ride.
          24. Whenever you hear something else named Atlantis (Space Shuttles, Space Stations, ships, hotels, mythology) and you immediately make John & Elizabeth a part of the story.
          25. When every time you see a couple with UST in another show, you think that Joe and Torri could do it better.
          26. When asked what you would ask for if someone gave you a present and money wasn't an object, you immediately think of buying the rights to the franchise and making a movie so John and Elizabeth could get together.
          27. You wished you could've been at the Fourth of July parade where David Hewlett and his wife cosplayed as John and Elizabeth to see them in person.
          28. Red and black become your new favorite colors.
          29. While watching your most favorite Christmas movie of all time, you can't help but wanna see John and Elizabeth in the big, romantic dance scene instead of the actual characters
          30. You see kids playing with a dog that looks like Sedge and wonder if the kids are John and Elizabeth's.
          31. you see a copy of war and peace and you wonder if john has a picture of elizabeth in it. or they read it together and wrote notes on the side to discuss the current chapter they are one.
          32. Every time Joe or Torri guest stars in something other than SGA, you keep hoping to hear their characters give a closet Sparky mention.
          33....at night when you "daydream" about potential Sparky fic ideas as you drift off to sleep....hoping for good sparky dreams..
          34......when you have Sparky dreams more than 1 night a week....
          35. When you're secretly pleased by the fact that your hair color is caught somewhere in the middle between John and Elizabeth's.
          36. When you write Sparky fanfic anywhere, even in a doctor's waiting room.
          37. When while buying your Christmas tree you wonder if John and Elizabeth would have a live or artificial one and picture them arguing about it.

38. When you're at a spin class, doing sprints, look down, see your seat is on the "E" setting and wonder "I wonder if John and/or Elizabeth would do this to keep in shape?"

(No kidding, I really thought that last night) <----- *iz geek*
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

SR what a cute vid! Yay for a fun, non-angsty Sparky vid!
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

SR what a cute vid! Yay for a fun, non-angsty Sparky vid!
              Thanks. I worked in most of the eyesex. Hee. And you can't have angst at Christmas.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                I can't imagine either of them wanting an artificial tree. We always had the discussion real candles or electrical ones. When I was little we always had real candles, that was so nice. These days my parents are really lazy and they get elecrical ones. (The main arguments in this discussion are:
                DAD: But real candles are much nicer, and the kid loves them.
                MUM: But they are more dangerous and you always have to stay in the room. Electrical ones you can light more often.)
                *snickers*

I imagine John being the one who wants the real tree. He remembers it being one of the best things from his childhood. Being a guy he's not too concerned about the mess. And besides he can just order the Marines to clean it up.

Elizabeth loves live trees but being practical she thinks a fake tree would work in Atlantis better. Besides where would they get a tree big enough for that huge gateroom? John sees that as a challenge and fun ensues. Rodney, of course, is allergic resulting in more trouble for Elizabeth than John had anticipated. He ends up apologizing for being thoughtless and thoughtful at the same time and surprises her with a tiny artificial tree in her quarters.

Now how's that for a mini-fic without the fic 'cause I got no time to write it.

By way of making it up to you, I offer my Christmas vid from last year.
                *flails* Ahhhh, that is so cute! Both the vid, and the story idea!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                38. When you're at a spin class, doing sprints, look down, see your seat is on the "E" setting and wonder "I wonder if John and/or Elizabeth would do this to keep in shape?"

(No kidding, I really thought that last night) <----- *iz geek*
                Geeks rule!

Thanks. I worked in most of the eyesex. Hee. And you can't have angst at Christmas.
                You betcha! Angst at Christmas is forbidden!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hey guys - hang on, I'll have a christmas fanmix for you shortly
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    There you are! We missed you! *huggles*
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                      *glomps Anuna* Hi! We've missed you!

yay Christmas fanmix!
                      sigpic

Comment

SR - YAY - I really love the Sparky Christmas video!

Thanks for reposting. I needed that little pick-me-up (oh, boy howdy did I).
                        sigpic
                        Signature by Erin87

Comment

I have a question for anyone who is doing the Sparky Advent Calendar....where are we supposed to send our stuff when it's done? I blame my cold for causing my current mental breakdown and inability to remember anything.....
                          sigpic

Comment

I have a question for anyone who is doing the Sparky Advent Calendar....where are we supposed to send our stuff when it's done? I blame my cold for causing my current mental breakdown and inability to remember anything.....
                            My thinking is that it's anytime before the day it's supposed to be posted up...like mine's the 13th, so I'm guessing it's due on or before the 12th.
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              My thinking is that it's anytime before the day it's supposed to be posted up...like mine's the 13th, so I'm guessing it's due on or before the 12th.
                              Who does it go to? (sorry... totally brain dead these days)
                              sigpic

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaand .... !!!! Sparky Christmas & holidays fanmix! (it's a smooth mix of traditional and popular Christmas songs, with few love songs thrown in)

(Home) for Christmas

Tracklisting:

Spoiler:
                                1. Driving home for Christmas - Chris Rea
                                2. Happy Christmas (War is over) - Celine Dion
                                3. Keep on trying - Poco
                                4. I miss you most at Christmas time - Mariah Carey
                                5. All I want for Christmas - Mariah Carey
                                6. Fairytale of New York - The Pogues
                                7. I'll be home for Christmas - Michael Buble
                                8. Quando, quando, quando - Michael Buble and Nelly Furtado
                                9. Home - Michael Buble
                                10. Adeste fidelis - Amici Forever
                                11. Save the last dance for me - Michael Buble
                                12. Don't say - St. Lola in the Fields (
                                13. Hark! The herald angels sing - Mariah Carey
                                14. Marshmallow World - Dean Martin
                                15. You belong to me - Jason Wade
                                16. Oh, Holy night - Josh Groban
                                17. At last - Eva Cassidy
                                18. It is you I have loved - Dana Glover
                                19. Oh come all ye faithful - Simon and Garfunkel
                                20. Dream a little dream of me - Mama Cass
                                21. JUst can't wait until toninght - Max
                                22. Christmas (Baby please come home) - Mariah Carey

And the coverart, made by hihoplastic

Spoiler:

Enjoy!!!!
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X