Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    See it was like Carson was tickled that they might finally get together. And Rodney seemed pleased also. But the funniest thing is that aside from a few comments from Caldwell nobody seemed to question that John should be the one to become her "husband" and all that was implied.
    ^ ITA

And what exactly did Phoebus mean by she would be discreet? Did they actually think she meant only to shake his hand? And since they all thought Thalen was actually her husband, did anybody, especially John, think how he would react when he saw his wife? Now I want somebody to explain to me why John decided to do this if he wasn't a bit interested in Elizabeth. Especially if he supposedly had deep feelings for another woman.
    You may now *cough*shake your wife's hand*cough.

The whole thing deliberately played like they were going to have sex after John was imprinted. If he had no romantic feelings for her, he wouldn't have agreed, otherwise he would have thought he was going to make out (or more) with his friend/sister figure/mother figure/boss lady figure.....

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    And my argument to that DA argument (totes playing along) is that AS the military commander, he should have been the last person who would have allowed himself taken over.

In truth, I think he should have volunteered at least Major Lorne, as someone he trusted but who he could keep an eye on. Based on history, John's the best soldier in the city (*cough* The Storm/The Eye *cough*) so 1) it would be foolish to allow him to be possessed by someone who might employ those skills and training and 2) take out your best soldier by allowing him to BE possessed by the potential threat.

Had John been thinking with his head, he should not have agreed. Neither should Caldwell have allowed it. I don't think John was thinking with his head at that point, I think he was concerned for Elizabeth and all muddled up as to the wife-possessing-her-so-who-should-the-husband-be conundrum.

And he really subconsciously wanted to be the husband.
    He wouldn't have volunteered Lorne coz then he would have had to shoot him after he slept with Phoebus/Elizabeth . It would have been interesting to see John in Caldwell's position, just to see how he would react to hunting down Liz/Phoebus. But then we wouldn't have gotten the kiss So yes, tactically, it was a bit silly, but John wasn't thinking with his top head, so he volunteered.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    10 things I will never do to my boss.

1/ I will never look my boss like this or I will have problem with justice.
    http://i85.servimg.com/u/f85/14/45/27/11/sga-3x39.jpg

2/ I will never give him/her a gift.
    http://i85.servimg.com/u/f85/14/45/27/11/sga-1x72.jpg

3/ I will never put my ass or my feet on her/his desk.
    http://i85.servimg.com/u/f85/14/45/27/11/sga-2x39.jpg
    http://i85.servimg.com/u/f85/14/45/27/11/sga-3x40.jpg

4/ I will never carry him/her (too heavy for me lol)
    http://i85.servimg.com/u/f85/14/45/27/11/sga_3x11.jpg

5/ I will never hug my boss. My coworkers will think I'm in love.
    http://i85.servimg.com/u/f85/14/45/27/11/sga-2x40.jpg

6/ I will never be happy, sad and relieve (at the same time) to see my boss.
    http://i85.servimg.com/u/f85/14/45/27/11/hdtvsg16.jpg

7/ I will never eat with him/her (or rarely)
    http://i85.servimg.com/u/f85/14/45/27/11/sga-3x41.jpg

Or take a coffee with this look on my face because my boss will think I want him/her.lol
    http://i85.servimg.com/u/f85/14/45/27/11/sga-2x41.jpg

8/I will never be stuck to my boss and be at a place I shouldn't be.
    http://i85.servimg.com/u/f85/14/45/27/11/sga-3x42.jpg

9/I will never kiss my boss (except if I really really like him/her)
    http://i85.servimg.com/u/f85/14/45/27/11/sga-2x42.jpg

10/ I will never be with my boss because we are not as cute and hot as them.
    http://i85.servimg.com/u/f85/14/45/27/11/sga-1x73.jpg

There are others things. Don't ask me why I did this.lol
    That was hilarious Green for you
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam StarEagle View Post
      One fascinating thing about someone being a Buddhist is that they could openly claim to be an agnostic or even an atheist and still be a Buddhist. The whole philosophy of that faith is built around the individual's journey of self discovery of the universe, not a straight and narrow pathway that's already been laid out. I don't think Elizabeth went along with any particular religion, but her whole personal philosophy towards life seemed to show why she would have at least deeply admired the ideas from faiths like that. It would go far in showing how open she always was to other cultures even when she didn't agree with them, and even her dismay at times when people would fall back and not want to live up to their own higher ideals.

As for John, I could see him being a guy that believed in some higher power, but also believed that the best thing he could do was to try and fix things himself instead of wait around for said power to get around to saving the day.

Together, both of their ideals really fit together since they were both oriented on improving the world as individuals, not just accepting things that were wrong with the world as inevitable, always fighting to put things right.

Part of what made them so perfect for each other when ya' think about it...
      yes! thank you! this helps me a lot!!!! (I really need to pay better attention to details when I watch the show...it's just so easy to be distracted by...well....the pretties....)

gateraid... that's great!
      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      sigpic

Comment

sorry havent been around have been in my other favorite shippy thread the S and J Ship Thread cause apparently
        Spoiler:
        Damian Kindler is thinking about making a telemovie starring Richard Dean Anderson and Amanda Tapping as the leads. and it would be very cool to see them out of their stargate roles.
        and I wouldn't mind seeing Joe Flanigan and Torri Higginson doing something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          You may now *cough*shake your wife's hand*cough.
          *snorts*

The whole thing deliberately played like they were going to have sex after John was imprinted. If he had no romantic feelings for her, he wouldn't have agreed, otherwise he would have thought he was going to make out (or more) with his friend/sister figure/mother figure/boss lady figure.....
          You betcha. Obviously, John has no problem whatsoever imagining himself making out (or more) with his very hot boss lady.

He wouldn't have volunteered Lorne coz then he would have had to shoot him after he slept with Phoebus/Elizabeth . It would have been interesting to see John in Caldwell's position, just to see how he would react to hunting down Liz/Phoebus. But then we wouldn't have gotten the kiss So yes, tactically, it was a bit silly, but John wasn't thinking with his top head, so he volunteered.
          *snerks* If John had been in Caldwell's position and having to hunt down Phoebus/Lizzie, she would have so been able to use it against him. Hmm, that could've been rather interesting to see...
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
            yes! thank you! this helps me a lot!!!! (I really need to pay better attention to details when I watch the show...it's just so easy to be distracted by...well....the pretties....)
            Why yes, yes it is.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            sorry havent been around have been in my other favorite shippy thread the S and J Ship Thread cause apparently
            Spoiler:
            Damian Kindler is thinking about making a telemovie starring Richard Dean Anderson and Amanda Tapping as the leads. and it would be very cool to see them out of their stargate roles.
            and I wouldn't mind seeing Joe Flanigan and Torri Higginson doing something like that.
            Speaking of the pretties!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Why yes, yes it is.

Speaking of the pretties!
              is that a good thing SK or a bad thing?

Comment

is that a good thing SK or a bad thing?
                A very, very good thing.

Comment

A very, very good thing.
                  well okay then. i mean if Joe F and Torri H did a movie together how would u feel?

Comment

well okay then. i mean if Joe F and Torri H did a movie together how would u feel?
                    I personally would love to see them work together again...
                    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                    sigpic

Comment

same here. next to RDA and AT, Joe f and Torri H have some good chemistry together.

Comment

Me three. I'm still hoping they might do an SGA audio drama together, but I'd really love to see them paired as leads in a movie. *sighs*

Comment

Me three. I'm still hoping they might do an SGA audio drama together, but I'd really love to see them paired as leads in a movie. *sighs*
                          that would be one audio drama i would buy.

Comment

I wouldn't be able to suppress the squee...you'd hear me all the way from here...

audio drama would be cool...I mentioned on the JFT thread that I'd love it if JF would record some audio books...it really wouldn't even matter what book....*sigh*
                            sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't be able to suppress the squee...you'd hear me all the way from here...
                              The squee would probably shift Earth's axis and orbit around the sun.

audio drama would be cool...I mentioned on the JFT thread that I'd love it if JF would record some audio books...it really wouldn't even matter what book....*sigh*
                              No, it really wouldn't matter. Just let me hear that gravel-and-cream voice. *melts*

Comment

Welcome, Sam StarEagle! Stick around, we always like to hear from new voices!

I LOVE this. I couldn't have put it better myself. You've just nailed one of the major keys of Elizabeth's own journey throughout the series, that sadly went unresolved.

Which is probably another reason why John never went in for the ascension thing, if you think about it.

Absolutely! That they come from such different mindsets on the surface (he's military, she's a diplomat and peace activist), and yet have such a similar outlook on how to face adversity, really speaks to how in tune with each other they really are.
                                Oooh, thanks for the welcome!!!

I know of more than a few of you from your stuff on LJ (especially Anuna!!!), and I just recently got onto Gateworld after...forever...so I'll definitely be around. I'd like to drop in here a lot too since I'm totally with you guys about what the best part of Atlantis was...

Always love good fic, too, so I do love all the links you guys post here regularly...I've only done a *few* BSG ones, but if I can ever get the inspiration, I'd be more than happy to do some Sparky fic.

Comment

Working...
                                X