X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
    SR
    Spoiler:
    glad to hear you had a good time catching up with old friends!

*giggles* watching Aurora...love how McKay keeps saying the Wraith-chick is hot and John never really reacts anymore than to say "she's a Wraith"...because he only has eyes for Elizabeth.... (sorry...tired...getting punchy....)
    And Rodney says "I disgust myself sometimes" and John nods. I wonder what he does that is disgusting. Heh.

OT:
    Spoiler:
    My friend just called me back and caught me up on 5 years of gossip. Wow, that woman can talk. And she knows everybody in Texas.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      And Rodney says "I disgust myself sometimes" and John nods. I wonder what he does that is disgusting. Heh.

OT:
      Spoiler:
      My friend just called me back and caught me up on 5 years of gossip. Wow, that woman can talk. And she knows everybody in Texas.
      I'm not sure I wanna know....

Spoiler:
      Did you get a word in edgewise...or was it another one of 'those kinds' of talks? BTW I'm writing my first ever fandom blog on LJ...since hubby isn't interested in what I have to say, I decided to put it out there so people who do care can see it...or not...*shrug* lol at least I'll have a chance to say what I have to say....
      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      sigpic

Comment

Back from uni! Exams are done and I will soon be writing fics! Thanks for the salmon by the way.

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
        I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
        Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
          Back from uni! Exams are done and I will soon be writing fics! Thanks for the salmon by the way.
          yay for exams being done and for writing fics!
          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          sigpic

Comment

Whoo hoo! SR, sounds like you've had a good day!

I just came back from a trip to Barnes & Noble to do a little Christmas shopping... At this rate, I'll be done before Thanksgiving so I can kick back and enjoy the holiday and watch everyone else running around like chickens with their heads cut off!

*giggles* watching Aurora...love how McKay keeps saying the Wraith-chick is hot and John never really reacts anymore than to say "she's a Wraith"...because he only has eyes for Elizabeth.... (sorry...tired...getting punchy....)
            That scene always cracks me up!

I'm with drew... I don't think I want to know what Rodney does...

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
            Hooray! Congrats on conquering exams for another semester!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Snurched gladly. We thought you had deserted us. Thanks a ton.
              Now way. O.o
              I'd never do that.
              I was just too busy with RL and other things and yeah.
              I try to be here more often now.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
              Yay! Congrats.

Ooo, so pretty!! Welcome back.
              Thank you and thank you again.

And hiya drew.
              You seem to be everywhere, don't you?
              sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure I wanna know....

Spoiler:
                Did you get a word in edgewise...or was it another one of 'those kinds' of talks? BTW I'm writing my first ever fandom blog on LJ...since hubby isn't interested in what I have to say, I decided to put it out there so people who do care can see it...or not...*shrug* lol at least I'll have a chance to say what I have to say....
                I did get my turn. LOL This friend is a therapist *waves to Anuna* so she's always interested in what you have to say. She just occasionally asks "and how did that make you feel?" LOL You know, come to think of it, this may have been an answer to my complaining on your LJ. I hope you have a similar experience.

The blog sound like a good idea. Luckily my husband lets me rant about SGA and sometimes even joins in. But I try to limit it to once a day. LOL
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen in Violet View Post
                  Momentarily back from the dead - with a ficlet in tow. Well, actually a drabble. Just wanted this one out of my system.

(Post-Lifeline)

Spoiler:
                  Free-Fall

It was better than the bottle.

He took the steps two at a time, breath coming in short gasps. Concentrate. Concentrate.

Moonlight filtered through the tall glass windows adorning the sides of the small tower, ensuring that he wouldn’t trip himself.

Right, left, right, left, bare feet pounding on metal, he climbed up the spiral. One hundred steps, two hundred, three hundred, and then...

Thank God this place existed. The last thing he needed was a transporter. The last thing he wanted was time to think.

The night air brushed his face as the automatic doors opened before him. He found himself on a balcony hovering just over the water, composed in its tranquility. Black, navy, aquamarine – the shimmering colors summoned forth by the gentle winds – grew increasingly alluring, fascinating, perfect.

Slowly, he pushed himself onto the balcony wall and sucked in the cold air. The goose bumps rose. No need to think. No need. Don’t do it. Just...

John jumped.

His heart was a drum in his chest, teeth gritted tightly. The wind was growing colder, colder, biting now. Everything a blur. Blue approaching faster, more and more magnificent the closer he came. Lights from the city glimmering on and off, brilliant then obscure.

No, no need to think about anything as the anticipation of the sea below claimed his attention and he held his breath. Nothing to reflect on while his body turned into an icicle, plummeting head first.

Faster, faster...

A sudden, clean splash. He felt himself fall further beneath the surface and the sting of the freezing water sent his mind reeling. It felt excruciating. It felt so good.

He wanted the ice on his skin, the fire in his lungs. His mind would be wiped of coherent thought – the ideal state.

It was, of course, short lived.

He surfaced, wiped his eyes, and swam slowly, methodically, to the edge of the pier. With numb arms, he hoisted himself up, glancing at the structure from which he’d fallen.

To anyone else he must have looked a wreck. Who cared? He didn’t want to think about them. Helpless, desperate. He wanted to dispel every thought, every contemplation. Otherwise, the mantra would play and again he’d see her face and her voice and her laugh and her touch and her smile and her eyes and...

Her eyes would haunt his memory.

The throbbing in his head returned, as it always did, and John willed every fiber of his being not to convulse.

He dug his heel into the ground, one ever-persistent drop having trickled down his cheek, and drove himself toward the imposing tower once more.

*returns to homework and craziness*
                  WOW. That was great and incredibly sad. Thanks!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Whoo hoo! SR, sounds like you've had a good day!

I just came back from a trip to Barnes & Noble to do a little Christmas shopping... At this rate, I'll be done before Thanksgiving so I can kick back and enjoy the holiday and watch everyone else running around like chickens with their heads cut off!

That scene always cracks me up!

I'm with drew... I don't think I want to know what Rodney does...

Hooray! Congrats on conquering exams for another semester!
                  Ooo, good for you! I've got the list down, but I need to do the budget and really get out there! I'd like to have everything shopped for by Christmas...

SR
                  Spoiler:

It's always great to catch up with friends! I miss my college buddies. They're all so busy with their friends and RL. I'm kinda glad I joined the FB generation because I do get to see what they're up to in spurts...

*sigh* This week is going to be busy. Anyone else running into that? I've got a ton of stuff to do work wise, plus I have to play tennis matches each night this week to finish out our schedule early so my Mom can go on her Holiday vacation.

Just out of curiosity, anyone else doing Sparky Advent calendar and Sparky Santa? Do you know the due dates off the top of your head? I am being quite lazy but before I go digging to find the emails sent to me I thought I'd ask here...
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Hmm... dunno if I really have a favorite version... there's an instrumental version that's just guitar by Richard Searles that I like, and there's one by the Chieftains on their "Bells of Dublin" CD that's good (though I really, really like "St. Stephen's Day Murders" on that CD the best, LOL!)

Pavarotti's version (on the CD of the same name) is my favorite.
                    DDC

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

Just out of curiosity, anyone else doing Sparky Advent calendar and Sparky Santa? Do you know the due dates off the top of your head? I am being quite lazy but before I go digging to find the emails sent to me I thought I'd ask here...
                      yeah...since my sisters both started working, things have gotten pretty crazy around here...that and getting ready for the holidays, things are nuts!

Sparky Santa is due between Dec 14 - 22 I believe
                      Sparky Advent calendar I'm not sure...but need to find out too...

I did get my turn. LOL This friend is a therapist *waves to Anuna* so she's always interested in what you have to say. She just occasionally asks "and how did that make you feel?" LOL You know, come to think of it, this may have been an answer to my complaining on your LJ. I hope you have a similar experience.

The blog sound like a good idea. Luckily my husband lets me rant about SGA and sometimes even joins in. But I try to limit it to once a day. LOL
                      Yay for having someone who actually listens when you talk! I'm still working on that...
                      Oh my husband lets me go on and on, but pretty much just ignores me, and forget having any actual discussions about stuff...and sometimes I like the back and forth of an actual conversation!
                      Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                      Now way. O.o
                      I'd never do that.
                      I was just too busy with RL and other things and yeah.
                      I try to be here more often now.

Thank you and thank you again.

And hiya drew.
                      You seem to be everywhere, don't you?
                      hi luci! Anywhere Shep is anyway!
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Hey, we've got a space shuttle launching today! Anyone watching NASA TV? They've got live coverage of all the preparations; the crew is getting suited up to board right now. They're supposed to lift off a little before 2:30 Eastern time. Oh, and it's the shuttle Atlantis that's going up today. Fitting, eh?

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                        Ooo, good for you! I've got the list down, but I need to do the budget and really get out there! I'd like to have everything shopped for by Christmas...

*sigh* This week is going to be busy. Anyone else running into that? I've got a ton of stuff to do work wise, plus I have to play tennis matches each night this week to finish out our schedule early so my Mom can go on her Holiday vacation.
                        This week isn't terribly busy, but next week will be, and once we hit Mom's birthday midway through December, things really start getting crazy.

Yay for having someone who actually listens when you talk! I'm still working on that...
                        Oh my husband lets me go on and on, but pretty much just ignores me, and forget having any actual discussions about stuff...and sometimes I like the back and forth of an actual conversation!
                        Heh, you know we'll give you all the real conversation you like!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Hey, we've got a space shuttle launching today! Anyone watching NASA TV? They've got live coverage of all the preparations; the crew is getting suited up to board right now. They're supposed to lift off a little before 2:30 Eastern time. Oh, and it's the shuttle Atlantis that's going up today. Fitting, eh?

This week isn't terribly busy, but next week will be, and once we hit Mom's birthday midway through December, things really start getting crazy.

Heh, you know we'll give you all the real conversation you like!
                          I'm counting on it!
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm counting on it!
                            Heehee!

Update on today's launch of the space shuttle Atlantis; they've just entered their final scheduled hold in the countdown, which should resume in about 45 minutes. If you don't have cable, they're streaming coverage on the NASA TV website (if you have any trouble with the default window, click on 'Other Viewing Options' to the right of the window, then select one of the choices under 'Public Channel'; I find the Windows Media version works best)

Comment

and where is atlantis going to go? i mean what's it's destination?

Comment

Heehee!

Update on today's launch of the space shuttle Atlantis; they've just entered their final scheduled hold in the countdown, which should resume in about 45 minutes. If you don't have cable, they're streaming coverage on the NASA TV website (if you have any trouble with the default window, click on 'Other Viewing Options' to the right of the window, then select one of the choices under 'Public Channel'; I find the Windows Media version works best)
                                So cool! thanks!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X