Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Euro 2004 was in Portugal, and Portugal's national team were prognosed to win. Their first game was against Greece, and I don't remeber who won that one, but I think it was Greece. See, Greece was never really good at football (soccer), while Portugal is one of the best teams in the world.

Portugal did good along the tournament, and guess whom they met in the finals? Greece! It was quite unbelieavable, but Greece kept winning. They didn't play very good soccer, but they played effective soccer. They probably were luck too. They won in the finals too (and I'm not ashamed to admit I cheered for them after Croatia got kicked out).

Probie doesn't like how the tournament turned out because she's a fan of Portugal. (Probie, don't watch the video).

I have some portuguese genes. I'm crying because Greece won and because you said you cheered for them.

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post

Germany didn't even make the quarter finals for the second time in a row, that's enough to make me cry... However, I believe that Probie is referring to the final, where Portugal played against Greece and lost. Although most Germans cheered for Greece, because their coach was German...

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    and this deals with Sparky How?
    It doesn't. Many of my posts don't have a link with Sparky. Like this one for example.
    Now I will cry.
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Well, Radek and John can always have a fight/discussion about soccer VS football. Elizabeth can be very mused about it *g*
      Heh!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      Hey that's actually a pretty good idea. Zelenka probably wouldn't like Greece either.
      *cracks up*

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      I'm not a regular reader of fanfics, but occasionally I try to check a few out every so often. When I have more time I'll see if I can go through SK's fic.
      *squees* I hope you like it!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Sorry about the loss. Who woulda thunk Stanford?

I have many but Celtic Woman is a favorite. I also like Celine Dion and Josh Groban. This is actually my favorite Christmas song.

Sorry about UT.
        Hm, Oh Holy Night is my favorite Christmas song too, and the favorite version is by Josh Groban. He dos something with that song and lifts it up to another level.
        That's also my fave Christmas song, and Josh Groban's version is my absolute favorite.

MY TENNIS TEAM WON OUR CITY FINAL! YAY! AND GEORGIA WON! DOUBLE YAY!

Okay, I'll stop squeeing.

Pkprd, we lost you only for the night, right? @__@

Hope everyone's doing well! Back to the grind tomorrow.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Momentarily back from the dead - with a ficlet in tow. Well, actually a drabble. Just wanted this one out of my system.

(Post-Lifeline)

Spoiler:
          Free-Fall

It was better than the bottle.

He took the steps two at a time, breath coming in short gasps. Concentrate. Concentrate.

Moonlight filtered through the tall glass windows adorning the sides of the small tower, ensuring that he wouldn’t trip himself.

Right, left, right, left, bare feet pounding on metal, he climbed up the spiral. One hundred steps, two hundred, three hundred, and then...

Thank God this place existed. The last thing he needed was a transporter. The last thing he wanted was time to think.

The night air brushed his face as the automatic doors opened before him. He found himself on a balcony hovering just over the water, composed in its tranquility. Black, navy, aquamarine – the shimmering colors summoned forth by the gentle winds – grew increasingly alluring, fascinating, perfect.

Slowly, he pushed himself onto the balcony wall and sucked in the cold air. The goose bumps rose. No need to think. No need. Don’t do it. Just...

John jumped.

His heart was a drum in his chest, teeth gritted tightly. The wind was growing colder, colder, biting now. Everything a blur. Blue approaching faster, more and more magnificent the closer he came. Lights from the city glimmering on and off, brilliant then obscure.

No, no need to think about anything as the anticipation of the sea below claimed his attention and he held his breath. Nothing to reflect on while his body turned into an icicle, plummeting head first.

Faster, faster...

A sudden, clean splash. He felt himself fall further beneath the surface and the sting of the freezing water sent his mind reeling. It felt excruciating. It felt so good.

He wanted the ice on his skin, the fire in his lungs. His mind would be wiped of coherent thought – the ideal state.

It was, of course, short lived.

He surfaced, wiped his eyes, and swam slowly, methodically, to the edge of the pier. With numb arms, he hoisted himself up, glancing at the structure from which he’d fallen.

To anyone else he must have looked a wreck. Who cared? He didn’t want to think about them. Helpless, desperate. He wanted to dispel every thought, every contemplation. Otherwise, the mantra would play and again he’d see her face and her voice and her laugh and her touch and her smile and her eyes and...

Her eyes would haunt his memory.

The throbbing in his head returned, as it always did, and John willed every fiber of his being not to convulse.

He dug his heel into the ground, one ever-persistent drop having trickled down his cheek, and drove himself toward the imposing tower once more.

*returns to homework and craziness*
          rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Whoo hoo! Go Eri! Congratulations!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen in Violet View Post
              Momentarily back from the dead - with a ficlet in tow. Well, actually a drabble. Just wanted this one out of my system.

(Post-Lifeline)

Spoiler:
              Free-Fall

He took the steps two at a time, breath coming in short gasps. Concentrate. Concentrate.

Moonlight filtered through the tall glass windows adorning the sides of the small tower, ensuring that he wouldn’t trip himself.

Right, left, right, left, bare feet pounding on metal, he climbed up the spiral. One hundred steps, two hundred, three hundred, and then...

Thank God this place existed. The last thing he needed was a transporter. The last thing he wanted was time to think.

The night air brushed his face as the automatic doors opened before him. He found himself on a balcony hovering just over the water, composed in its tranquility. Black, navy, aquamarine – the shimmering colors summoned forth by the gentle winds – grew increasingly alluring, fascinating, perfect.

Slowly, he pushed himself onto the balcony wall and sucked in the cold air. The goose bumps rose. No need to think. No need. Don’t do it. Just...

John jumped.

His heart was a drum in his chest, teeth gritted tightly. The wind was growing colder, colder, biting now. Everything a blur. Blue approaching faster, more and more magnificent the closer he came. Lights from the city glimmering on and off, brilliant then obscure.

No, no need to think about anything as the anticipation of the sea below claimed his attention and he held his breath. Nothing to reflect on while his body turned into an icicle, plummeting head first.

Faster, faster...

A sudden, clean splash. He felt himself fall further beneath the surface and the sting of the freezing water sent his mind reeling. It felt excruciating. It felt so good.

He wanted the ice on his skin, the fire in his lungs. His mind would be wiped of coherent thought – the ideal state.

He surfaced, wiped his eyes, and swam slowly, methodically, to the edge of the pier. With numb arms, he hoisted himself up, glancing at the structure from which he’d fallen.

To anyone else he must have looked a wreck. Who cared? He didn’t want to think about them. Helpless, desperate. He wanted to dispel every thought, every contemplation. Otherwise, the mantra would play and again he’d see her face and her voice and her laugh and her touch and her smile and her eyes and...

The throbbing in his head returned, as it always did, and John willed every fiber of his being not to convulse.

He dug his heel into the ground, one ever-persistent drop having trickled down his cheek, and drove himself toward the imposing tower once more.

oh...

Eri, Congrats!
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

Because it's waaaaaaaaaay too long since I made a Sparky sig.

Snurchable of course.
                I think you know that.
                sigpic

Comment

(Post-Lifeline)

Spoiler:
                  Free-Fall

John jumped.

Faster, faster...

Daaaaaamn! That is brutal. I can totally see John torturing himself like that, too.

Great job, this is an awesome ficlet!

Originally posted by Luciana View Post

http://i38.tinypic.com/2wf62oh.jpg

Snurchable of course.
                  I think you know that.
                  Squee! So pretty! John and Elizabeth are totally the heart and soul of Atlantis.

Comment

I watched The Storm and The Eye yesterday and needed to do some Sparky art, cause I miss them so much. *sighs*
                    sigpic

Comment

*sneaks in hoping no one's notices her absence*

Lucinda that sig is awesome!

*sneaks out*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post

*sneaks out*
                        *pokepoke* Hey you! Long time, no see!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          *pokepoke* Hey you! Long time, no see!
                          I know...college is a pain Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be around more!

And I have 2 Sparky fics I'm working on

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

(Post-Lifeline)

Spoiler:
                            Free-Fall

John jumped.

Faster, faster...

That was just...wow! Oh John!

Snurchable of course.
                            I think you know that.
                            Snurched gladly. We thought you had deserted us. Thanks a ton.

OT
                            Spoiler:
                            I just spent the afternoon with a friend I haven't seen since college. It was a wonderful reunion. Then when I got home I had a message from another friend who moved away and I haven't seen in 5 years. What a day!
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              That's also my fave Christmas song, and Josh Groban's version is my absolute favorite.

MY TENNIS TEAM WON OUR CITY FINAL! YAY! AND GEORGIA WON! DOUBLE YAY!

Okay, I'll stop squeeing.

Pkprd, we lost you only for the night, right? @__@

Hope everyone's doing well! Back to the grind tomorrow.
                              Yay! Congrats.

(Post-Lifeline)

Spoiler:
                              <space>

Wow, that was great! Oh John...

Snurchable of course.
                              I think you know that.
                              Ooo, so pretty!! Welcome back.

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post

*sneaks out*
                              *waves* Hi!
                              sigpic
                              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

SR
                                Spoiler:
                                glad to hear you had a good time catching up with old friends!

*giggles* watching Aurora...love how McKay keeps saying the Wraith-chick is hot and John never really reacts anymore than to say "she's a Wraith"...because he only has eyes for Elizabeth.... (sorry...tired...getting punchy....)
                                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X