• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    I understand.
    The cup was for us.
    I forgot to say I hate the Greece team.lol

Bad news: One goal for France. *grrr*
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
      *lol* It probably depends on the donor's qualities. So I get plus points for my IQ and minus points for my crappy health...

What sport are we talking about? Football (=soccer), American football or Rugby?

I've finished SKs Big Bang fic all in one go and now I'm cross-eyed. My new canon, though.
      Soccer....No Eri, I still hate this word.lol
      sigpic

Comment

*lol* It probably depends on the donor's qualities. So I get plus points for my IQ and minus points for my crappy health...

What sport are we talking about? Football (=soccer), American football or Rugby?

I've finished SKs Big Bang fic all in one go and now I'm cross-eyed. My new canon, though.
        I could pretend not to understand the football question and we could start the whole football/soccer argument all over again, but I think I'm outnumbered right now...so American Football. It's Saturday in the fall. College football is king.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          Robert Prosineki (I don't know if it's like that) was a croate, no?
          Suker was one of the best player in 1998.
          I hate this year because France....I can't finished it.lol
          We all hate France! Youpi!lol
          Robert Prosinecki, or how we called him over here, The Yellow Guy. Yup, he was one of the good ole players. *hearts him*

However my favorite game in France 1998 was Croatia VS Germany.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Football, then! *g* That's because Ireland has a totally crappy football team. And where is your national pride? You should cheer for France!

EDIT: @Anuna: Everybody likes to kick the German's butt.

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Wow! I missed out!

Cheers to VT! Way to go! Sorry pkprd about UT. I'm still eagerly awaiting our game, but I'll be watching an opera during it, so I'll probably be checking my phone for scores.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              Here I am with another of my questions for discussion, if you'd like. What do you guys think of the Genii, after everything we've learned about them? Are they good, bad, or ambigous? Do you enjoy Genii episodes? Who is your favorite Genii?

What do you think of Ladon - good, bad or spineless?
              I LOVED the Genii. They were my favorite enemy because they were so multi-dimensional. I remember hearing (was it in the commentary?) that the reason Kolya asks about "Eidos, Athor's son" was because he wanted to give Kolya more of a dimensionality to him--that all the 'bad' stuff he did was because of extreme loyalty to the Genii cause. Similarly, he broke with Cowen because he felt Cowen had gone wrong. And also why he opposed Ladon.

Ladon I thought was a great character whose true nature was never truly revealed. I do think he appreciated being allied with power, and that he had potential for kindness, but that with him, because he was born and bred Genii, you just never knew. Did he care about his sister or was it really for the coup? Was he really interested in allying with Teyla and Ronon or just wanted to use what they knew?

The one thing I think you could say about Ladon was that he did live up to his word--the entire fiasco of Common Ground proved that, at least where Elizabeth was concerned.

But I loved the Genii maintained that 'spy' nature throughout their run, and I kinda wish we'd seen them more.

Hope you all have a good weekend--I'm off to primp for the opera, then onto City Finals for our tennis team tomorrow.
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

The cup was for us.
                I forgot to say I hate the Greece team.lol

You really don't need to attempt to persuade me about that one.

That tournament was shaping up to be one of the best I've ever seen, until they had go and ruin everything.
                Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 14 November 2009, 12:54 PM.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Whee, college football! Go Hokies! USC... is not doing well. They're just finishing the first half, and Stanford is leading, 21-7. They're the last ones to have beaten us at the Coliseum, too, so I guess that's kinda fitting, in a scary way.

@SK I'm loving your Big Bang fic and I can't stop reading. This is how it should have been!
                  Spoilers for SK's Big Bang fic
                  Spoiler:
                  And I love how the whole Galaxy teams up to save Elizabeth. And I like also that the FRAN Elizabeth has become her own character.

So, what about the 100K bugs to put this into film? I'll sell my left kidney!
                  *blushes* Thank you!

*cackles* I liked SR's idea about selling eggs... Redheads are supposed to be an endangered species, so I need to do my part!

OMG how I love you. (Pssst! Where is gateraid? And pkprd? lol!)
                  Probably hiding from us...

Wow! *huggles*

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  I LOVED the Genii. They were my favorite enemy because they were so multi-dimensional. I remember hearing (was it in the commentary?) that the reason Kolya asks about "Eidos, Athor's son" was because he wanted to give Kolya more of a dimensionality to him--that all the 'bad' stuff he did was because of extreme loyalty to the Genii cause. Similarly, he broke with Cowen because he felt Cowen had gone wrong. And also why he opposed Ladon.

Ladon I thought was a great character whose true nature was never truly revealed. I do think he appreciated being allied with power, and that he had potential for kindness, but that with him, because he was born and bred Genii, you just never knew. Did he care about his sister or was it really for the coup? Was he really interested in allying with Teyla and Ronon or just wanted to use what they knew?

The one thing I think you could say about Ladon was that he did live up to his word--the entire fiasco of Common Ground proved that, at least where Elizabeth was concerned.

But I loved the Genii maintained that 'spy' nature throughout their run, and I kinda wish we'd seen them more.
                  I do, as well. I wish the Genii had been built up a little more as the more 'immediate' enemy for Atlantis, and leaving the Wraith as a bit of a mystery, at least for the first couple of seasons. Would've given a delicious little 'surrounded by enemies on all sides' kind of feel to the expedition's plight.

Have fun tonight!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That tournament was shaping up to be one of the best I've ever seen, until they had go and ruin everything.
                    What* Greece ruining everything? How can you say that, lol?

Comment

Robert Prosinecki, or how we called him over here, The Yellow Guy. Yup, he was one of the good ole players. *hearts him*

However my favorite game in France 1998 was Croatia VS Germany.
                      I liked Yellow Guy. He was a great player.

Football, then! *g* That's because Ireland has a totally crappy football team. And where is your national pride? You should cheer for France!
                      My national pride remained in Portugal. I live in the wrong country. Not my fault. lol
                      I am proud of French food, the French and other things but I can not be proud of the French team.

I really really like you.lol
                      I was so sad. It was our only chance to win the Euro cup.

What* Greece ruining everything? How can you say that, lol?
                      They ruined my heart, my dream, my hopes..... so yes Greece ruined everything.lol

1.0 for France and 1.0 for Portugal. I forgot there is another game Wednesday.
                      Last edited by Probie; 14 November 2009, 01:31 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

My national pride remained in Portugal. I live in the wrong country. Not my fault. lol
                        I am proud of French food, the French and other things but I can not be proud of the French team.
                        Ahhh, French food, French wine... *licks lips* Why yes, I am hungry.

They ruined my heart, my dream, my hopes..... so yes Greece ruined everything.lol
                        But their food is good.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Ahhh, French food, French wine... *licks lips* Why yes, I am hungry.

But their food is good.
                          No food, please. I just put myself on a diet.

Discussion on TV: Why does Germany have a homosexual foreign minister (=AUßENminister), but no homosexual left/right defence football player (=AUßENverteidiger). Interesting. I suppose this means it's time for me to go to bed. *g*

Comment

No food, please. I just put myself on a diet.
                            Ouch.

USC is crashing and burning as we speak. John and I are not happy campers today.

Hey, how's the Sparky song game coming along?

Comment

I don't know about the agme (lame of me because I started it), however you need to check your mail, SK. I'm counting on you

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Hey, how's the Sparky song game coming along?
                                Don't know, I've been away. But I suggest this one:

Life is Hard - Bob Dylan

Spoiler:
                                The evening winds are still
                                I’ve lost the way and will
                                can’t carry you where they will
                                I just know what they meant
                                I’m always on my gaurd
                                admitting life is hard
                                without you near me

The friend you used to be
                                so near and dear to me
                                you slipped so far away
                                where did we go astray
                                I passed the old school yard
                                admitting life is hard
                                without you near me

Ever since the day
                                the day you went away
                                I felt that emtyness
                                so quite? wide?
                                I don’t know what’s wrong or right
                                I just know I need strenght tonight
                                strength to fight that world outside
                                Since we’ve been out of touch
                                I haven’t felt that much
                                From day to barren day
                                My heart stays locked away
                                I walk the boulevard
                                admitting life is hard
                                without you near me

The sun is sinkin low
                                I’ guess it’s time to go
                                I feel a chilly breeze
                                In place of memories
                                My dreams are locked and barred
                                admitting life is hard
                                without you near me

Not happy Sparky, more like post-Adrift/Lifeline sad.
                                (It's just that I only ever listen to sad music *gg*)

Good night!

Comment

Working...
                                X