Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
    *giggles* I've actually been to Bosnia....but didn't see anything that was very much fun while I was there....
    When was that? And where were you, which city?
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      I'm not from anywhere that is a football superpower. So I generally just choose teams that I find entertaining to be my favorites.

I'm half Armenian, so I always support them when they try to qualify, but since they are always near the lower section of the groups I have to cheer for somebody else at major tournaments it appears. I take heart from little successes but Unless they improve, I can't really be a "patriotic fan" at major events.

The Canadian team isn't very good, and the sport isn't exactly huge here, so I just tend go "Yay Canada, whatever" if I hear they are playing. I think they just lost to Macedonia today.

I've always liked Brazil a lot. They are probably the ones that I'm most consistently behind.

I was a huge fan of Portugal too. But I don't think they are as quite as good as they used to be a few years ago. I miss Rui Costa and Luis Figo. Same with the Czech Republic.

Lately I've more and more of a fan of Spain.

And after them maybe Argentina and the Netherlands too.
      In my arms.
      I don't know where to begin. First, I agree. Portugal was better with Figo and Rui Costa. And I'm also a fan of Spain and Brazil and I like Czech Republic.
      The only teams I don't really like are Italia and France (even if I live in France lol)
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        When was that? And where were you, which city?
        um...wow...November of 2002 (I think...I texted hubby to double check, my memory is SO bad )...
        I went with the Army National Guard band I was enlisted in...a large portion of our division was stationed there and we went over to play a holiday concert and do a couple small parades for our troops there. We never left the military base. (During that trip we also spent a few days in Germany)
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

I wasn't much of a fan of France when they were at their most successful period a few years ago, since they often beat "my" teams, but I've since come to acknowledge they were very good. I miss watching Zidane play now that he has retired.

The funny thing is I used to hate the Netherlands because in 1998 they robbed me from seeing my dream match at the World Cup by beating Argentina at the last minute. But I got over that.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I wasn't much of a fan of France when they were at their most successful period a few years ago, since they often beat "my" teams, but I've since come to acknowledge they were very good. I miss watching Zidane play now that he has retired.

The funny thing is I used to hate the Netherlands because in 1998 they robbed me from seeing my dream match at the World Cup by beating Argentina at the last minute. But I got over that.
            1998 was actually a good year for Croatian team. We had the best players then, I believe, and won third place back then. France beat us in semi finals. I never liked France, Italy and England much (and I dislike England's team even more now).

Comment

Yeah, I remember that. Dravor Suker even won the Golden Boot. I'll admit I can't say I ever was a particularly big Croatia fan, but I thought it was pretty awesome you eliminated them from Euro 2008.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Yeah, I remember that. Dravor Suker even won the Golden Boot. I'll admit I can't say I ever was a particularly big Croatia fan, but I thought it was pretty awesome you eliminated them from Euro 2008.
                I was a bigger fan of the 1998 team, than this one. Yep, we eliminated them and got payback this time around. Eeeek. I miss Suker and the rest of that gang.

Comment

I hate France because they always beat Portugal. Always due to a penalty that should not be played. *grrr*
                  Oh wait.......One goal for Portugal. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
                  *tries to stay calm*
                  I love Netherlands. It's strange because they beat Portugal a lot of times but my favorite game was Netherlands vs Portugal during the World Cup 2006. They were killing each other. A real American football.lol At the end of the game, I think there were 4 red cards so 18 players still played. A lot of injures and penalty cards. It was horrible to see but very funny at the same time.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ouch. That game was almost gruesome. It was UGLY. Heh. I felt bad for the players just watching it. I thought it was a little odd since it was the opposite of the gae they ahd at the Euro 2004 Semi-finals. That game was actually pretty nice tempered.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I don't think Ladon was "spineless" per say really. He actually made many bold moves during his time on the show. But there was something in Ryan Robins' impressive performance that made the character often seem just so... slimy. The PTB talked about it during his episodes on the commentary. I watched them recently. And I have to agree. There was this quality that he showed that gave him a very subtle quasi-sinister edge.

Oh and good luck against Ireland, Probie.
                      Football!!!!! My team won big. Go Hokies!

Hee, I have no kidneys for sale.

I agree with Infinite Possibilities - while Ladon's actions, some of them, were truly bold, he always made you think what was his real intention.

SK, those are the eps I really must watch then!
                      Even though I don't have time to take part, I love the Genii convo. I like Ladon because as has been said, Ryan is such a good actor. He does seem a bit self-serving but I think he has the best interests of his people in mind. I like Kolya because of the Sparky connection. I think he could have been used much more effectively as a means to bring them closer.

I'll throw in an organ or two. Wonder how much a kidney goes for these days? I hear you can also sell your eggs. I'll have to pass on that one because mine are probably all dead but you young ladies might consider it. And guys, you know what you can sell.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I was a bigger fan of the 1998 team, than this one. Yep, we eliminated them and got payback this time around. Eeeek. I miss Suker and the rest of that gang.
                        Robert Prosineki (I don't know if it's like that) was a croate, no?
                        Suker was one of the best player in 1998.
                        I hate this year because France....I can't finished it.lol
                        We all hate France! Youpi!lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Ouch. That game was almost gruesome. It was UGLY. Heh. I felt bad for the players just watching it. I thought it was a little odd since it was the opposite of the gae they ahd at the Euro 2004 Semi-finals. That game was actually pretty nice tempered.
                          Very Ugly!
                          Don't talk about Euro 2004 or I will start to cry.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Football!!!!! My team won big. Go Hokies!

Even though I don't have time to take part, I love the Genii convo. I like Ladon because as has been said, Ryan is such a good actor. He does seem a bit self-serving but I think he has the best interests of his people in mind. I like Kolya because of the Sparky connection. I think he could have been used much more effectively as a means to bring them closer.

I'll throw in an organ or two. Wonder how much a kidney goes for these days? I hear you can also sell your eggs. I'll have to pass on that one because mine are probably all dead but you young ladies might consider it. And guys, you know what you can sell.
                            OMG how I love you. (Pssst! Where is gateraid? And pkprd? lol!)

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              Very Ugly!
                              Don't talk about Euro 2004 or I will start to cry.
                              I understand.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                *lol* It probably depends on the donor's qualities. So I get plus points for my IQ and minus points for my crappy health...

What sport are we talking about? Football (=soccer), American football or Rugby?

I've finished SKs Big Bang fic all in one go and now I'm cross-eyed. My new canon, though.

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Working...
                                X