Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
    I can totally see Elizabeth having the full collection of the Little House on the Prairie books set aside for their little girl to read when she's old enough...don't ask me why, I just do. Classic, sweet stories full of family and adventure and all that good stuff....
    Anne of the Green gables, Chronicles of Narnia, Five friends, Heidi.... (that's actually stuff I grew up with!). oh, Little women!
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Anne of the Green gables, Chronicles of Narnia, Five friends, Heidi.... (that's actually stuff I grew up with!). oh, Little women!
      definitely Little Women (by the time I was 14 I had read that book about 10 times....)

Nancy Drew....the original ones....
      The Hardy Boys.....
      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      sigpic

Comment

It's not you (it's me). I guess someone felt I shouldn't have said Teyla isn't a type to cheat on a man she has a baby with, so I got reported and modded. Really, i don't see any of the SGA characters doing that, including John and Elizabeth, but first and foremost John - and I hope it's a safe thing to say here. This is a discussion thread after all.

Edit: I am your designated bad girl. It's official now, lol.
        I thought that was me.

We grew up with the same lit. Though I think I grew up a few decades before you. LOL

And for John I see Tom Sawyer, Red Badge of Courage, Call of the Wild, and in keeping with the space theme, A Princess of Mars. He would also have read biographies of sports heroes and historical heroes like George Washington and Abe Lincoln. I could go on all day. *takes off teacher hat*

Elizabeth would want her kids to read about Marie Curie, Amelia Earhart, and other historical women.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Anything by Jane Austen, I think that's something Elizabeth would read to un - wind. John would buy her Dan Brown books just to tease her, of course, and then they'd have long debates about them, and if the books are good or bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I thought that was me.

We grew up with the same lit. Though I think I grew up a few decades before you. LOL

And for John I see Tom Sawyer, Red Badge of Courage, Call of the Wild, and in keeping with the space theme, A Princess of Mars. He would also have read biographies of sports heroes and historical heroes like George Washington and Abe Lincoln. I could go on all day. *takes off teacher hat*

Elizabeth would want her kids to read about Marie Curie, Amelia Earhart, and other historical women.
            Call of the Wild? I love that book. I love The White Fang even more.

Comment

Anything by Jane Austen, I think that's something Elizabeth would read to un - wind. John would buy her Dan Brown books just to tease her, of course, and then they'd have long debates about them, and if the books are good or bad.
              But do you think she could get John to read Austen? Russian authors yeah. Those are a bit manly but he'd never admit to liking Austen.

What about Thomas Hardy? Too whiney for both of them? Oooh, The Scarlet Letter. They could debate the merits of that one all day.
              sigpic

Comment

Loving the "books on the shelf" discussion. Not sure what I would add....wanders off to think on it....
                sigpic
                Signature by Erin87

Comment

But do you think she could get John to read Austen? Russian authors yeah. Those are a bit manly but he'd never admit to liking Austen.

What about Thomas Hardy? Too whiney for both of them? Oooh, The Scarlet Letter. They could debate the merits of that one all day.
                  I bet he'd read Austen just to tease her, and maybe when she's preggers and hormonal?

Oh, The Scarlett Letter. Definitely yes.

Comment

I've got another good one: Moliere's Tartuffe. This play would provide days, even weeks of argument and discussion: religion, politics, personal relationships, deception. It would send John scurrying to research topics so he could impress Elizabeth with his knowledge. And she would just smile indulgently and top his every argument. In French. *le sigh* There are even parallels with the Genii and Todd and what all.
                    sigpic

Comment

I've got another good one: Moliere's Tartuffe. This play would provide days, even weeks of argument and discussion: religion, politics, personal relationships, deception. It would send John scurrying to research topics so he could impress Elizabeth with his knowledge. And she would just smile indulgently and top his every argument. In French. *le sigh* There are even parallels with the Genii and Todd and what all.
                      Okay, teach, that's something I definitely have to read.

I believe that John would enjoy reading Carl Sagan's boooks too. And a friend of mine suggests Mrs dalloway for Elizabeth.

I'm adding The bridges of Madison county, which is a rarely good love story.

Comment

I wonder if John would go for the scary stuff since he seems to like scaring little kids.

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Bram Stoker's Dracula or something less common like H.G. Wells's The Island of Dr. Moreau. And let's not forget Ray Bradbury.

If Elizabeth wanted to send a shiver up her spine that was not John induced, she might reach for Shirley Jackson. I remember The Lottery giving me a little tingle.
                        sigpic

Comment

I wonder if John would go for the scary stuff since he seems to like scaring little kids.

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Bram Stoker's Dracula or something less common like H.G. Wells's The Island of Dr. Moreau. And let's not forget Ray Bradbury.

If Elizabeth wanted to send a shiver up her spine that was not John induced, she might reach for Shirley Jackson. I remember The Lottery giving me a little tingle.
                          Ooo...The Lottery. That was twisted.

For Elizabeth I could see some female writers, too--Sylvia Plath, Ayn Rand, perhaps Eleanor Roosevelt. Maybe a little Anais Nin if she wasn't feeling buttoned up?

I think she knows some of Oscar Wilde, too.

My brain isn't working, so that's about all I got.
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Do you guys think John would enjoy reading Hemingway?

For some reason I can see them trading Agatha Christie novels. And John would write on a random page in the middle of the book who did it.

Comment

Hey guys - just a little bit more until 89 000 posts! I can't wait until we hit a really BIG number

Comment

Do you guys think John would enjoy reading Hemingway?

For some reason I can see them trading Agatha Christie novels. And John would write on a random page in the middle of the book who did it.
                                I can SO see him doing that!

*sigh* *realizes that she has very unsophisticated reading interests* I haven't read half of the authors you guys have mentioned (I've heard of 'em...but not read 'em)
                                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X