X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    Yes. You are a good student.
    You learn with movies, songs...?

Anuna: I agree with you. I also like Roslin but it's my least favorite characters. Like you said, she's a great politician but...I don't know. Something is missing. Adama/Roslin was interesting but not my favorite aspect on the show. it was not important for me even if I cried at the end of the show because of them.
    CDs, actually. I'm not kidding when I said I'm learning in my car. They are lessons on CD. Goes something like:

Narrator: Now say, "The Truck is big"
    Eri: Le camion et grande...grand...grande??
    Narrator: "Le camion est grand." Repite
    Eri: Le camion est grand.
    Narrator: Now say, "The car is big"
    Eri: La voiture est grand."
    Narrator: "La voiture est grande."
    Eri: AW MAN! These masculine/feminine adjectives are KILLING ME!!

Seriously, that's the hardest thing so far. In spanish, you add an 'o' or an 'a' to change feminine/masculine and that's mostly it. In French you have completely different words for masculine/feminine distinction!!
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

A big ol' muddle

And I've said it before, I'll say it again...Thank goodness for fanfiction! At least we know how to write the characters we love
      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        Seriously, that's the hardest thing so far. In spanish, you add an 'o' or an 'a' to change feminine/masculine and that's mostly it. In French you have completely different words for masculine/feminine distinction!!
        don't try german we add the practical invention of neuter. And yes, it's totally random. a girl, for instance, is neuter, while a kitchen is female...

(Yes, i'm in bed.)

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
          don't try german we add the practical invention of neuter. And yes, it's totally random. a girl, for instance, is neuter, while a kitchen is female...

(Yes, i'm in bed.)
          My hubby took German in high school....I can't speak it...at all....

I hope you feel better...stinkin' vaccine!
          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
            My hubby took German in high school....I can't speak it...at all....

I hope you feel better...stinkin' vaccine!
            Yes, nice and cozy. And slightly bored, because i'm not so tired anymore.
            Hm, i remember a fanfic i once read where Elizabeth has the flu and John comforts her. Hehe.

On the other hand, at least we pronounce everything as it's written.

Comment

(Yes, i'm in bed.)
              Awww. Feel better.

As to German, I'm not sure. Pronunciation would scare me.
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

A big ol' muddle

And I've said it before, I'll say it again...Thank goodness for fanfiction! At least we know how to write the characters we love
                Seconding that 'indeed!'

We'll always have fanfiction. It's the only way we can fix everything that went wrong.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Wow, we've got 14 people on the thread right now! *waves* Hi everybody!

And before I forget... SyFy is rerunning Sunday in about an hour and a half. Lovely angst and lovely Sparky ahead!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Wow, we've got 14 people on the thread right now! *waves* Hi everybody!

And before I forget... SyFy is rerunning Sunday in about an hour and a half. Lovely angst and lovely Sparky ahead!
                    If I hurry, I could probably get to my sister's to watch it...but....*sniff* I'm not sure I'm ready....
                    sigpic

Comment

CDs, actually. I'm not kidding when I said I'm learning in my car. They are lessons on CD. Goes something like:

Narrator: Now say, "The Truck is big"
                      Eri: Le camion et grande...grand...grande??
                      Narrator: "Le camion est grand." Repite
                      Eri: Le camion est grand.
                      Narrator: Now say, "The car is big"
                      Eri: La voiture est grand."
                      Narrator: "La voiture est grande."
                      Eri: AW MAN! These masculine/feminine adjectives are KILLING ME!!

I hope you will be my second student after Fionnait. I don't know why you want to learn french but this made me happy.lol
                      French is complicated. I have some trouble sometimes to conjugate some verbs correctly. lol
                      The structure is not the same. We have a lot of "traps". But I'm sure you will succeed. My old teacher who was English can't say my name. Too much "r" for him.lol Our first english lesson in english in France is:

Teacher: Where is Brian?
                      Class: Brian is in the kitchen
                      Teacher: Where is my hat?
                      Class: I don't know. Ask *name of someone that you don't like*lol
                      Teacher: It's raining today. Where is my umbrella?
                      Class: My umblella is with Brian in the kitchen.

I'm not kidding.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Awww. Feel better.

As to German, I'm not sure. Pronunciation would scare me.
                        personally, i think russian and other eastern European languages sound harsher. But Bf and i have both been abroad and everytime non-german speakers overheard us on the phone they would ask if we had a fight *lol*

As to Sunday, i'm not too fond of it because of carson. And the exploding tumours make me laugh every time, despite the tragedy.

Edit: le fracais est tres beau. je voudrais parler le, parce que vous etes nos voisins et je voudrais parler avec vous.
                        Last edited by Fionnait; 06 November 2009, 11:41 AM.

Comment

If I hurry, I could probably get to my sister's to watch it...but....*sniff* I'm not sure I'm ready....
                          CARSON!!!!! *huggles*

OT:
                          Spoiler:
                          And may I say that your current sig banner is made of epic win?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            CARSON!!!!! *huggles*

OT:
                            Spoiler:
                            And may I say that your current sig banner is made of epic win?
                            I've read the transcripts...and bawled my eyes out! I'm SO not ready to actually see it all play out on the screen...

Spoiler:
                            I'm rotating...which sig banner are you referring to?
                            sigpic

Comment

I've read the transcripts...and bawled my eyes out! I'm SO not ready to actually see it all play out on the screen...
                              I close my eyes and sing Kumbaya during That Part.

Spoiler:
                              I'm rotating...which sig banner are you referring to?
                              Ah...
                              Spoiler:
                              The anti-Twilight one.

Comment

Yes, nice and cozy. And slightly bored, because i'm not so tired anymore.
                                Hm, i remember a fanfic i once read where Elizabeth has the flu and John comforts her. Hehe.

On the other hand, at least we pronounce everything as it's written.
                                I remember a fanfic like that too! And I'd like a fic where first bshe takes care of him while he has flu, then she catches it from him and he's taking care of her, 'cause he's feeling better.
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X