No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday! Hope everyone had a good Halloween!

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
    SK thing are looking ominous for schools going by USC! *mwahahahahahah*
    *snerks* Hey, I said earlier in the week I had a bad feeling about that game... Autzen Stadium on Halloween is a dangerous combination.

Congrats to everyone whose teams did win, and as for the rest of us, may we win next week! *passes around mimosas*

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    *waves*

Heeeey! I had a great time! You guys still want me back?
    Hell yes! Get your married butt in here, girl! Hahahah!

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
    I don't know, I suppose the concept of dressing up in costumes is not unfamiliar for the Athosians, seeing as their children do dress up as Wraiths for the purpose of playing tag. They probably have some rituals where they do wear costumes. And let's not forget that Halloween probably originates in Samhain. So, being an agricultural society they probably would have something similar, where they get their livestock ready for the winter?

And I again I realise that the Athosians could have been so interesting; if they'd paid them any attention, that is.
    I can certainly see that! I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Athosians have a series of agricultural and hunting festivals throughout the year... hmm... a plot bunny is nibbling at me...

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I had forgotten about that. So they would have a reference. And all those harvest festivals probably had some skits and whatnot. Which reminds me. Wouldn't it have been a hoot for them to stumble into one of those ritual things that involved human sacrifice? They've got Shep or Rodney locked up and are fattening them up (or trying to in Shep's case) for the sacrifice. Or maybe a fertility rite kind of thing. So much possibility for hilarity. Somebody need a plot bunny?
    Hahahaha! That would make for a GREAT crack!fic!

I am not writing it, however. *cackles*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Anuna got married? How did I miss that? Congratulations, dear!!!
      Now get in here and tell me whether you've done a fic that contains an Athosian feast!

OT
      Spoiler:
      *sigh* I'm frustrated because I got asked (ONCE AGAIN) for my ID when I was buying beer (which you can buy at the age of 16 in Germany). Now, it's nice to know that I look younger than I am, but it is getting ridiculous, because I get asked every time, I certainly don't look that young.

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Now get in here and tell me whether you've done a fic that contains an Athosian feast!

OT
        Spoiler:
        *sigh* I'm frustrated because I got asked (ONCE AGAIN) for my ID when I was buying beer (which you can buy at the age of 16 in Germany). Now, it's nice to know that I look younger than I am, but it is getting ridiculous, because I get asked every time, I certainly don't look that young.
        You would not be happy here. You have to show ID when you buy wine or beer in the grocery store at any age. And you have to be 21. LOL
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

pkprd869 : ouh thank you :d Of course you can !! ^^

lt.Colonel John Sheppard : First of all : hello ! And I'm glad you're one of us !

Erin 87 : Great drawings !!!!!! I watched The Addams family two days ago lol and your characters are so similar!!

Probie : MERCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII encore O_o c'est trop sympa d'y avoir pensé !! :d

Drewaidan : It's so kind of you !! big hugs !!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!!!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mackenzie777

Comment

You would not be happy here. You have to show ID when you buy wine or beer in the grocery store at any age. And you have to be 21. LOL
            It was in the grocery store. At least they make everyone show their ID... Here it's apparently just me, I know no-one else who does. And I'm old enough to buy beer in the US

Comment

It was in the grocery store. At least they make everyone show their ID... Here it's apparently just me, I know no-one else who does. And I'm old enough to buy beer in the US
              Well that used to happen to me. Now I don't think for a minute it's because I look too young. Usually I make some crack about how flattered I am and get a snarky look in return. LOL

OTOH, my son always looked older than his age and seldom got carded when he was underage. Not that he would have bought beer...or anything.
              sigpic

Comment

Before I forget, Happy Birthday, Mackenzie!

Hmm, might it be Lullaby Exercise?

OT
                Spoiler:
                Gah. That finally stopped for me when I reached 30.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well that used to happen to me. Now I don't think for a minute it's because I look too young. Usually I make some crack about how flattered I am and get a snarky look in return. LOL

OTOH, my son always looked older than his age and seldom got carded when he was underage. Not that he would have bought beer...or anything.
                  Now I want to read an Elizabeth and John meet at College story... Bonus points for John gettin' into trouble with Elizabeth's parents!

My parents were always really liberal when it came to alcohol. For as long as I can remember I was always allowed to suck of the foam of my Dad's beer, have a tiny glass of wine when my parents had one (we had these little sample glasses that were hardly taller than a thimble) or dip my finger into liquor. And I've never felt the need for binge drinking, so I suppose that must have been the right approach.

@Scary Kitty: Maybe the sequel?

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    It didn't bother me. I was so happy to see Kate, Teyla and Elizabeth in the same scene.
                    Atlantis' Angels

*bounce*

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    Oh, she knows...

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    And how can you not give props to Carson's crying face?
                    http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...istible653.jpg
                    Aw, Carson... *huggles*
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Now I want to read an Elizabeth and John meet at College story... Bonus points for John gettin' into trouble with Elizabeth's parents!

My parents were always really liberal when it came to alcohol. For as long as I can remember I was always allowed to suck of the foam of my Dad's beer, have a tiny glass of wine when my parents had one (we had these little sample glasses that were hardly taller than a thimble) or dip my finger into liquor. And I've never felt the need for binge drinking, so I suppose that must have been the right approach.

Yup, the sequel sounds like a possibility. There's also lanna_kitty's Rites of Spring (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) for more in that storytelling vein.

Lizzie and John meet at college? How about miera's University Years?

Mmm, sounds like your parents and mine came from the same school of thought. I was allowed to have a little glass of beer (like maybe 2 ounces) with popcorn on movie nights at home, a few sips of champagne at New Year's, and the like. And I've never felt the urge to go boozing it up either.

Comment

It was right. We did the same with our son. He could have a small glass of wine after around age 13 on holidays, etc. And as far as I know, he didn't do much binge drinking. He tells stories about being the one to drive friends home in college. And now that he's a grown up, he appreciates a glass of really expensive scotch. LOL
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Yup, the sequel sounds like a possibility. There's also lanna_kitty's Rites of Spring (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) for more in that storytelling vein.

Lizzie and John meet at college? How about miera's University Years?
                          Thanks for the recs! Will read.

Mmm, sounds like your parents and mine came from the same school of thought. I was allowed to have a little glass of beer (like maybe 2 ounces) with popcorn on movie nights at home, a few sips of champagne at New Year's, and the like. And I've never felt the urge to go boozing it up either.
                          It was right. We did the same with our son. He could have a small glass of wine after around age 13 on holidays, etc. And as far as I know, he didn't do much binge drinking. He tells stories about being the one to drive friends home in college. And now that he's a grown up, he appreciates a glass of really expensive scotch. LOL
                          *takes note for raising own children later*
                          As a matter of fact, I have a thing for expensive Whiskey *gg* I don't think I could get drunk on it, though, just because you can't drink the stuff fast enough for that, it has to be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Atlantis' Angels

*bounce*

Oh, she knows...

Aw, Carson... *huggles*

...didn't I read or see somewhere there was a deleted scene where they had Sheppard wiping his nose with a tissue? They should have left that in! That would have been hilarious to see!

Comment

*takes note for raising own children later*
                              As a matter of fact, I have a thing for expensive Whiskey *gg* I don't think I could get drunk on it, though, just because you can't drink the stuff fast enough for that, it has to be appreciated.
                              That's certainly true of any of the really nice alcoholic beverages, whether it's wine, whiskey, scotch, heck, even handcrafted beers and ales. Sip slowly and savor it.

Originally posted by LtCdrFlygirl View Post
                              ...didn't I read or see somewhere there was a deleted scene where they had Sheppard wiping his nose with a tissue? They should have left that in! That would have been hilarious to see!
                              I remember hearing about that. Too funny!

Comment

Before I forget, Happy Birthday, Mackenzie!

Hmm, might it be Lullaby Exercise?

Gah. That finally stopped for me when I reached 30.
                                Oh and there's sequels to that too!

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                                I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                                Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X