No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shepard is the most popular character, no surprise there.

Snoopoony keep the wallpaper coming, there nice.

Sanctuary was such a cliche episode. It was a Kirk episode. They could have developed the ancient part of the story a little more but it didn't. It was a disappointment.
    Lady F

Comment

On a more somber note, I hope that all the shippers in London are okay after todays bomb attacks.

Peace people.
      Lady F

Comment

Thanks for the link, astrochick! That was too funny! Glad to see most people agree with the whole Jessica Steen thing, because we're sad like that.

Yes, Liz is winning in the poll! Muah!

Sanctuary plot? What plot? I was trying oh-so-hard to tolerate that ep, because I was actually looking for it to GO somewhere with the Ancient storyline. But, alas, it did not. We really didn't learn anything from it, other than Shep likes to picnic with random hot alien chick who looks really good for her age. But now that I've read more spoilers for Epiphany, I think it has a lot of potential to define his character depending on how he reacts to
        Spoiler:
        1) being stranded, and 2) to the kiss.

Looking forward to it!

Comment

Woohoo!!! I have internet access again! My school finally realized I am no longer a TA, and thus am no longer considered staff. So they took away my free dial up and I've had to scramble around to find another ISP for the month or so until I move. But I have it, I'm here, and I only have 12 pages to catch up on!

Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" to the new people I've missed, "wow" to all the analysis that went on in my absence, and "goody goody!" to all who have posted links to fics/pics/wallpapers/whatever.

Oh - briefly, I just want to say that if Sheppard gets his one-shot romances, then Liz should get her "make out session with an alien with eight hands" sometime this season as well! It is, after all, only fair.

Right, well, now that I've regained my ability to go online, I must go play catch up with everthing else I've missed in the last few days.
          ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
          The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomcatter
            Thanks for the link, astrochick! That was too funny!
            Agreed!

Lizzie = Margaret Thatcher

OT but i just watched Event Horizon and SAm O'Neil plays Dr. Weir So confused, every time someone said 'Dr. Weir, report to the bridge' I kept on expecting to see Torri

Just so this post isn't a complete waste, Explosion of Colour has added a fourth chapter to Moments Like This. Such a sweet ending.

Comment

Oh, that reminds me. Don't know if anyone has already posted a link to this, but here's a cute little Shep/Weir fic I came across at ff.net.

Dream of Vague Shapes
              ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
              The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomcatter
                Thanks for the link, astrochick! That was too funny! Glad to see most people agree with the whole Jessica Steen thing, because we're sad like that.

Yes, Liz is winning in the poll! Muah!

Sanctuary plot? What plot? I was trying oh-so-hard to tolerate that ep, because I was actually looking for it to GO somewhere with the Ancient storyline. But, alas, it did not. We really didn't learn anything from it, other than Shep likes to picnic with random hot alien chick who looks really good for her age. But now that I've read more spoilers for Epiphany, I think it has a lot of potential to define his character depending on how he reacts to
                Spoiler:
                1) being stranded, and 2) to the kiss.

Looking forward to it!
                See..for me it DID address the Ancient/Shep issue. The end bit where He says he's flirting with someone from a different species and she says "We're not as different as you think:
                I also dont' believe, for one minute, that they were attracted to eachout out of lust and the pretty. It was the GENE connection all the way. I do believe it was meant to be subtle and the ep could have been written better, but to do much more would give away too much too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                  In the fansofjoeflanigan yahoo group Morjana posted an polls from Science Fiction Buzz and one of the polls is 1.) Who will Major Sheppard become romantically involved with?

So if anyone is interested in voting for our favorite pair just because. Here's the link.

Science Fiction Buzz Polls
                  The problem with this poll is that you can vote multiple times. Still fun though.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Ok, i'm FINALLY caught up it only took me over a week. i would just like to say that i could not be happier with siege 3? I mean, i've watched it like four times since it came. (i would have watched it more but my ti-vo is being weird and i don't feel like fixing it). and Intruder is tomorrow! *jumps up and down like and idiot*

i've been playing a lot in photoshop recently, here's a
                    wallpaper
                    Last edited by Tigon_(5); 26 July 2005, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigon_(5)
                      i've been playing alot in photoshop recently, here's a
                      wallpaper
                      o0o cute wallpaper!

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                        It was the GENE connection all the way.
                        I agree, a nice pair of jeans can really show off a well-shaped. . . . . erm, never mind. Darned PG forum!

Comment

Oh, I'm so excited about "Intruder",.... *don't panic, stay calm, breathe* *jump* *crazy*

Originally posted by Melyanna
                          Well, Feli said a review of last season would be helpful, so here I go.

So, that's Season 1 in a nutshell. I think I hit all the high points, so I hope this is helpful.
                          Thanks, Mel, for the review.

Because of that I had the idea to make a Shep/Weir picture timeline of all episodes of Season 1, yeah, I made it up to "Home", it's a lot of work, so I'll finish it, when I come back from my holiday on the 9th/10th August. The next days I have no time, unfortunately, but I hope you like the first part. Here it is (I think your explorer will make it automatically smaller, so try to make it bigger by yourself, original size 3960x300):

Shep/Weir Timeline Part I (original size)

Besides, I think if TPTB makes no BIG mistakes *small are okay* , we can get a great and wonderful lovestory over seasons,.... I'm optimistic!!!!

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                          ... Incase you didn't stop by the Stargate Livejournal Icons thread...
                          The icons are sooo cute, nice work.

Originally posted by snoopoony
                          I'm happy to see that you liked my wallpaper. Here is another. It's from Thirty eight minutes. (Excuse me, I'm not delivering them in the order, I'm posting them by quality !! LOL ! No, in fact, I'm posting the one I've finished !! Believe the next will be Letters from Pegasus.)
                          Great work!!!

Originally posted by Tigon_(5)
                          i've been playing alot in photoshop recently, here's a
                          wallpaper
                          Oh yeah, I like it very much,...

Originally posted by wizengamot
                          Here's another wallpaper
                          *squeee* Sweet, really sweet, beautiful work.

Good night, sleep well...
                          sigpic

Comment

Awwie! Beautiful timeline Ankareeda.

Oh and since I'll be gone for a few days here's a shippy picture just for the heck of it.

Off to packing!

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                              The problem with this poll is that you can vote multiple times. Still fun though.
                              haha...now how would you know that unless you voted more than once?

Nothing wrong with showing our support for Elizabeth multiple times. It makes it more fun.
                              ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                                See..for me it DID address the Ancient/Shep issue. The end bit where He says he's flirting with someone from a different species and she says "We're not as different as you think:
                                I also dont' believe, for one minute, that they were attracted to eachout out of lust and the pretty. It was the GENE connection all the way. I do believe it was meant to be subtle and the ep could have been written better, but to do much more would give away too much too soon.
                                Maybe it was the gene... but then wouldn't that be incest? LOL, sorry, couldn't resist. What I said was Sanctuary didn't address the Ancient storyline, meaning we didn't learn a whole lot about them other than there's this one female who still lives among people, and that the others did not want her to interfere (oh wait, we already knew that). While it's good to pace the viewers and not give too much at once away like you said, the fact that the ep was nearly totally pointless (imho, don't throw stuff at me! ) did nothing to progress the story arc and did nothing for the season in general.

I would have liked to see more of Shweir in this ep, like how she reacted to the 'relationship.' Sure, we saw her make a few flippant comments and tease, but she did seem a little oblivious (see her scene with Rodney). How did she really feel? Personally, it didn't seem as if she was too upset.

Comment

Working...
                                X