Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Code numbers...name names I figured were if the planets had their own names for themselves.

Kinda wonky, ain't it? Shouldn't P be for Pegasus and M by for Milky way?
    very wonky if you ask me

I'll bet there's an episode of SG1 somewhere that has Sam giving some long, technobabbly explanation to how they come up with the planet designations....

Personally...I liked how Ford named them...(Planet Waterfall *snort*)
    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
      very wonky if you ask me

I'll bet there's an episode of SG1 somewhere that has Sam giving some long, technobabbly explanation to how they come up with the planet designations....

Personally...I liked how Ford named them...(Planet Waterfall *snort*)
      Hahahah! I loved that!

And I miss Ford. *pouts*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

M7G-677

The only planet on Stargate Atlantis that I know the designation of. Zelenka absolutely loves that planet.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          M7G-677

The only planet on Stargate Atlantis that I know the designation of. Zelenka absolutely loves that planet.
          KID PLANET!!!!

Spoiler:
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Hahahah! I loved that!

And I miss Ford. *pouts*
            *sniff* me too!
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

M7G-677

Is that the kiddy planet?
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Quick question for you guys...is there any order to the naming of planets in the SG world?
                I remember waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in SG-1 S1 Sam says the planets designations are based on computer calculations which are moreover based on a combination of the Abydos map and compensation for stellar drift. In "The Fifth Race" Jack uploaded more addresses using base 8 math to calculate distances. I would imagine in SGA they base the designations off distance from the point of origin, the Atlantis gate.

SR and Probie y'all fight over Shep all ya want. This gives me time to go take care of Lizzie

Hi Ho Hi Ho, off to work I go.
                "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                  SR and Probie y'all fight over Shep all ya want. This gives me time to go take care of Lizzie
                  *snickers*

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                  Hi Ho Hi Ho, off to work I go.
                  Have fun! *waves*

Comment

Zelenka was so funny in that episode, and when he returned, Mckay making fun of him.

Is that the kiddy planet?
                    Yup, it is.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Zelenka was so funny in that episode, and when he returned, Mckay making fun of him.

Yup, it is.
                      And McKay and Sheppard teasing Zelenka before he left. Poor Radek! LOL!

Comment

Yeah, one would think... but the P system was started in SG-1, and when they decided to put Atlantis in the Pegasus Galaxy, I guess the writers had to come up with something different to distinguish between the two.

And thinking about this, I've just realized that I fracked up one of the planet code numbers in my Big Bang fic, starting a Milky Way code with an N instead of a P. Ooops.
                        Ooops indeed. I just messed up royally in my new fic that I wrote for Anuna's wedding. I went back and edited it and I hope she gets to see it. But in the meantime it's Groomzilla .
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          Ooops indeed. I just messed up royally in my new fic that I wrote for Anuna's wedding. I went back and edited it and I hope she gets to see it. But in the meantime it's Groomzilla .
                          Heeheehee! That fic is soooo funny!

Ah well, too late to fix my booboo for the version on the Big Bang site, but it'll be corrected when I'm able to post it on my LJ later.

Comment

sk is the story done?

Comment

Heeheehee! That fic is soooo funny!

Ah well, too late to fix my booboo for the version on the Big Bang site, but it'll be corrected when I'm able to post it on my LJ later.
                              Thanks. I don't know when Anuna will be back. We'll have to make sure she sees it. In the meantime I encourage others to try doing a wedding fic also.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

...coming out of the shadows to ask a question:

Spoiler:
                                ...regarding a story that I'm not sure has been written or not. Set during "Outcast", Elizabeth is still alive and w/John on Atlantis, and she goes back to Earth with John for the funeral instead of Ronon. Anybody know if it's been done yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X