Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Echoes for the 'John carries Lizzie to the infirmary scene,' The Return Part 1 for the dinner/cheeky scene, Submersion for the 'EEther way or EYEther way' scene, The Real World for John breaking quarantine to save Lizzie AGAIN, Common Ground for, well, all of it. How's that for a good start?

I'll take what we've got. It's certainly better than some of the alternatives.
    I'd vote for TRW for all of it ('Lizbeth fan. ).

I'd also add:

- Sateda for the kick-but Shep/Weir against Caldwell combo scene
    - Tao of Rodney for the "Yes, you can be next" scene, the lunch scene, the 'we love you in a friends kinda way scene' and the 'Rodney reads Elizabeth and John's minds without having them speak scene (just for the awesomeness of Joe and Torri acting without speaking).
    - Progeny for the 'choke Elizabeth' scene and the end balcony.
    -
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
      I get the impression that we'd only get Stealth!Sparky in the movie anyway...from what I've seen Torri wasn't signed on to do the movie
      Actually, none of the actors have signed contracts for the movie yet.

LOL that's a great start...now if I can just get the DVDs to play
      Onoes!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      I'd vote for TRW for all of it ('Lizbeth fan. ).
      True, dat.

I'd also add:

- Sateda for the kick-but Shep/Weir against Caldwell combo scene
      - Tao of Rodney for the "Yes, you can be next" scene, the lunch scene, the 'we love you in a friends kinda way scene' and the 'Rodney reads Elizabeth and John's minds without having them speak scene (just for the awesomeness of Joe and Torri acting without speaking).
      - Progeny for the 'choke Elizabeth' scene and the end balcony.
      -
      Also excellent choices. Drew, you're going to have lots of fun moments to choose from!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Onoes!

True, dat.

Also excellent choices. Drew, you're going to have lots of fun moments to choose from!
        right...but quite a few of them have the movie listed as a 'pre production' work in progress kinda a deal....'course i don't have the best sources and am praying that it's wrong...not that it matters as of now anyway

*sob* i swear the universe is against me seeing SGA anytime in the near future
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

Onoes!

True, dat.

It's so funny--normally I'd say S3 was my favorite for Sparky moments, but honestly, when I think of the first 3 seasons in review, they're all so different to me I can't really pick. If I thought really hard about it I'd say:

S1: Probably like it best because the stories were the strongest, but the Shep/Weir was crazy over the top since no one had put on the 'OMG this MIGHT BE SEEN AS SHIPPPPPPPPPPPPP' glasses. So people like Gero wrote freely with the characters and they had some seriously great moments.

S2: Was less 'in your face', but more undercurrent, I think probably thanks to Joe and Torri. They found a way to make it shippy. The stories were still pretty strong but less than S1.

S3: I think the changing of the guard was underway, so story-wise they're not the best writing. It kinda feels like here the writers all went haywire with their own visions of stuff and we get fluff pot episodes alongside serious character studies alongside stuff like Common Ground. With everything being disjointed, the characters sort of went 'round and 'round, but the actors did what they could. Thankfully for us we had some writers who just enjoyed the Shep/Weir banter so we get some golden moments. But it's annoying that the stories aren't as strong as S1.

S4/S5: For me, this is the most dramatic of the Sparky moments. Can't say I'm a huge fan of most of the eppies, but in terms of sheer dark dramatic value, you can't beat Joe/Torri/Michelle's performances in these.

Comment

right...but quite a few of them have the movie listed as a 'pre production' work in progress kinda a deal....'course i don't have the best sources and am praying that it's wrong...not that it matters as of now anyway
            Sounds like IMDB.com. They can just as shaky on sources as Wikipedia. But every time the actors have been asked at conventions and the like, their answer is always "we don't know, the producers aren't talking to us, we haven't signed any contracts, etc." So yeah, for the moment at least, it looks like the movie is dead in the water.

*sob* i swear the universe is against me seeing SGA anytime in the near future
            *kicks the universe*

It's so funny--normally I'd say S3 was my favorite for Sparky moments, but honestly, when I think of the first 3 seasons in review, they're all so different to me I can't really pick. If I thought really hard about it I'd say:

S1: Probably like it best because the stories were the strongest, but the Shep/Weir was crazy over the top since no one had put on the 'OMG this MIGHT BE SEEN AS SHIPPPPPPPPPPPPP' glasses. So people like Gero wrote freely with the characters and they had some seriously great moments.

S2: Was less 'in your face', but more undercurrent, I think probably thanks to Joe and Torri. They found a way to make it shippy. The stories were still pretty strong but less than S1.

S3: I think the changing of the guard was underway, so story-wise they're not the best writing. It kinda feels like here the writers all went haywire with their own visions of stuff and we get fluff pot episodes alongside serious character studies alongside stuff like Common Ground. With everything being disjointed, the characters sort of went 'round and 'round, but the actors did what they could. Thankfully for us we had some writers who just enjoyed the Shep/Weir banter so we get some golden moments. But it's annoying that the stories aren't as strong as S1.

S4/S5: For me, this is the most dramatic of the Sparky moments. Can't say I'm a huge fan of most of the eppies, but in terms of sheer dark dramatic value, you can't beat Joe/Torri/Michelle's performances in these.
            That's a really good point. Each season has its strengths and weaknesses in terms of the kind of Sparky moments we got, so in a way, it's the type of moments one prefers that guides one's preferences for favorite season.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Eeep!
              Don't she's fine.

SQUEEE! a friend from the JFT thread sent me seasons 3 and 5 and they arrived today...I may have to break my 'watch-'em-in-order' rule and start on s3....

....sorry, got carried away...a little excited.....
              Can't wait to see your reactions about TRW, Tao of Rodney....I can't do a list of alll episode.lol

I like the way you summarize it. It's exactly that.
              I don't think we will have a SGA movie (not a sad news for me even if I like all the actors) so our ship is pretty good in general
              Spoiler:
              even if Joe confirmed he's a JT shipper. I said that to my mom and she was angry. It think it's funny.lol
              . I'm not clear but sorry. I just watched the end of "Brain Storm" and my head hurts.lol

Comment of my mom about this episode: "A waste of time...like the all season." I think she wants to finish SGA because she starts to hate it. Not because Torri/Weir is not in it but because all the stories are "out of characters". Still not clear huh?lol
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Sounds like IMDB.com. They can just as shaky on sources as Wikipedia. But every time the actors have been asked at conventions and the like, their answer is always "we don't know, the producers aren't talking to us, we haven't signed any contracts, etc." So yeah, for the moment at least, it looks like the movie is dead in the water.
                which really sucks....

*kicks the universe*
                thanks....
                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                sigpic

Comment

*kicks the universe*

That's a really good point. Each season has its strengths and weaknesses in terms of the kind of Sparky moments we got, so in a way, it's the type of moments one prefers that guides one's preferences for favorite season.
                  Yeah, that recent interview with Joe by GW revealed that at that point he still hadn't heard from production about it...

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  Don't she's fine.

Can't wait to see your reactions about TRW, Tao of Rodney....I can't do a list of alll episode.lol

I don't think we will have a SGA movie (not a sad news for me even if I like all the actors) so our ship is pretty good in general
                  Spoiler:
                  even if Joe confirmed he's a JT shipper. I said that to my mom and she was angry. It think it's funny.lol
                  . I'm not clear but sorry. I just watched the end of "Brain Storm" and my head hurts.lol

Comment of my mom about this episode: "A waste of time...like the all season." I think she wants to finish SGA because she starts to hate it. Not because Torri/Weir is not in it but because all the stories are "out of characters". Still not clear huh?lol
                  Where did you hear that about Joe?

Comment

Yeah, that recent interview with Joe by GW revealed that at that point he still hadn't heard from production about it...

Where did you hear that about Joe?
                    First I want to say "AAAHHHH I'M HAPPY" I just received a good news.
                    Now I will be serious.lol

For Joe:

Spoiler:
                    I saw this little comment "Bwahaha! He wanted Teyla/Shep revisited in s6" on the twitter of someone. And a friend on a french forum tried to make me angry with it but it didn't work because I don't care about what the actors says (even if I like them of course) because it is never the same thing.LOL

Now I will do my little "fiesta". I'm so happy. Sorry (again) for my stupidity.LOL
                    sigpic

Comment

For Joe:

Spoiler:
                      I saw this little comment "Bwahaha! He wanted Teyla/Shep revisited in s6" on the twitter of someone. And a friend on a french forum tried to make me angry with it but it didn't work because I don't care about what the actors says (even if I like them of course) because it is never the same thing.LOL

Now I will do my little "fiesta". I'm so happy. Sorry (again) for my stupidity.LOL
                      I saw that as well, and frankly, I don't believe it.
                      Spoiler:
                      The thing is, no one has quoted exactly what Joe was asked or what he said, so there's no way for us to know if he meant Sheppard/Teyla friendship, or Sheppard/Teyla romance. It's rather like what I observed after the Creation con in Burbank last fall; someone asked Rachel (and was rather pushy about it, too) if Sheppard/Teyla might happen in the movie, and Rachel's response was a very noncommittal "maybe, who knows," and then certain people started jumping on it and misinterpreting her comment as "proof" that it was going to happen, even though we've seen no conclusive evidence for it. Basically, they put words in Rachel's mouth, and it sounds like that may be what's happening with Joe's comment as well. *sighs*

Anyway, enough of that. Back to Sparky!

Comment

Don't she's fine.

Spoiler:

*chokes or morning tropical juice* He What?
                        Spoiler:
                        So what happened to the whole he thinks he should have a relationship with like, his boss. I'm sticking with that one!
                        Oh man, made a mess with my juice now. *ambles off to find a towel*

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                        I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                        Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

For Joe:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                          Hm. Well, I don't read much about the actors, which was why I was curious--cuz I thought that pretty much everybody was happy with the outcome of Teyla's story, even if it was sorta shoddily thrown in there. But it was a happy ending kinda thing.

Joe doesn't strike me as the kinda guy who'd be for breaking up something like that (especially with as devoted a family guy as he is) but maybe they had plans to kill off poor Kanaan in Season 6. *LOL*

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            So what happened to the whole he thinks he should have a relationship with like, his boss. I'm sticking with that one!
                            I'm sticking with that, too. And I'm going to be asking him about it at this year's Creation con in LA.

Spoiler:
                            Hm. Well, I don't read much about the actors, which was why I was curious--cuz I thought that pretty much everybody was happy with the outcome of Teyla's story, even if it was sorta shoddily thrown in there. But it was a happy ending kinda thing.

Joe doesn't strike me as the kinda guy who'd be for breaking up something like that (especially with as devoted a family guy as he is) but maybe they had plans to kill off poor Kanaan in Season 6. *LOL*
                            Indeed.
                            Spoiler:
                            I also got the impression that everyone (at least, cast and producers/writers) were happy with it and had no intention of messing with it. Gee, didn't even Mallozzi say something about them not wanting to mess with Teyla's happy ending with her kid and hubby Kanaan? And no, I don't think Joe would be too happy about his character breaking up a happy family, either.

Comment

I saw that as well, and frankly, I don't believe it.
                              Spoiler:
                              The thing is, no one has quoted exactly what Joe was asked or what he said, so there's no way for us to know if he meant Sheppard/Teyla friendship, or Sheppard/Teyla romance. It's rather like what I observed after the Creation con in Burbank last fall; someone asked Rachel (and was rather pushy about it, too) if Sheppard/Teyla might happen in the movie, and Rachel's response was a very noncommittal "maybe, who knows," and then certain people started jumping on it and misinterpreting her comment as "proof" that it was going to happen, even though we've seen no conclusive evidence for it. Basically, they put words in Rachel's mouth, and it sounds like that may be what's happening with Joe's comment as well. *sighs*

Anyway, enough of that. Back to Sparky!
                              I think like you.

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Oh sorry. *give a towel*

Spoiler:

Yes but like I said I don't pay attention to this and I think I should keep my mouth close and don't say this in this thread. It was just funny to tease my mom with it. I didn't expect your reactions.lol

But like SK said : BACK TO SPARKY!!!

Seriously guys, we need a new game or a theme for our next conversation.
                              I just need to calm down because I'm a little excited tonight because of the news that I received. hihihi
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm sticking with that, too. And I'm going to be asking him about it at this year's Creation con in LA.

Indeed.
                                Spoiler:
                                I also got the impression that everyone (at least, cast and producers/writers) were happy with it and had no intention of messing with it. Gee, didn't even Mallozzi say something about them not wanting to mess with Teyla's happy ending with her kid and hubby Kanaan? And no, I don't think Joe would be too happy about his character breaking up a happy family, either.
                                Is it the next month? Can I say that I hate you?lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X