No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I second John and Lizzie's irritation with the forum's slowness. Grr.... I watched Coup d'etat today and couldn't share my shippy glee because of it.

I don't think I'd ever fully realized just how much Sparky is in that ep. But I love how Lizzie looks all proud of John when he's going over his plan to raid the Genii warehouse. And then the end scene in her office. After he says "Let's call it a night" and she says "That we can do", my mind automatically has John saying something like 'So, how about dinner, maybe catch a movie...' and her just smiling at him and saying 'Sounds good to me' and then she gets up and they walk out of her office together. Cause it just feels so natural that he would say something like that! And it would be ridiculously flirty and cute. Anyway...

---

Part 2 of the Sparky Halloween Costume series. I admit, I was reluctant to do this one, but I have decided I must embrace my inner geek and show it anyway. And hey, the parallel is pretty perfect if you think about it. Intergalactic diplomat, ruggedly handsome pilot... it works.

John and Elizabeth dressed up as Han Solo and Princess Leia.

B/W:
    Spoiler:

Color:
    Spoiler:

And I think the conversation would have gone something like this:
    I can't believe I let you talk me into wearing this.
    Oh come on, you look great!
    *gives him a look*
    Really! And think about it, you're both diplomats! It's a perfect parallel.
    *glares playfully* Closet geek.
    *grins* Yeah, but you know you love me anyway.
    *rolls her eyes but smiles nonetheless* Come on Han, let's get this over with.

That might just demand a ficlet.
    sigpic
    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      I second John and Lizzie's irritation with the forum's slowness. Grr.... I watched Coup d'etat today and couldn't share my shippy glee because of it.

I don't think I'd ever fully realized just how much Sparky is in that ep. But I love how Lizzie looks all proud of John when he's going over his plan to raid the Genii warehouse. And then the end scene in her office. After he says "Let's call it a night" and she says "That we can do", my mind automatically has John saying something like 'So, how about dinner, maybe catch a movie...' and her just smiling at him and saying 'Sounds good to me' and then she gets up and they walk out of her office together. Cause it just feels so natural that he would say something like that! And it would be ridiculously flirty and cute. Anyway...
      LOL! And as I recall, the DVD commentary has some rather amusing bits about John and Lizzie going off and doing it after that scene.

Part 2 of the Sparky Halloween Costume series. I admit, I was reluctant to do this one, but I have decided I must embrace my inner geek and show it anyway. And hey, the parallel is pretty perfect if you think about it. Intergalactic diplomat, ruggedly handsome pilot... it works.

B/W:
      Spoiler:

Color:
      Spoiler:

*gives him a look*

Lovely pictures! Yes, it's kinda geeky, but that's part of its charm! It so deserves a ficlet!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Yup, a win is a win is a win. Speaking of wins, Air Force won, so John should be a happy camper tonight.

*huggles SR*

Nighty-night, pkprd869, and pleasant Sparky (or at least Torri!) dreams!
        Thanks.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
          SK The Men of Troy had me worried there. I may live in NW IN, but I can't stand ND. (God loves people outside of South Bend and God has better stuff to do on a Saturday than help ND win a football game.) Drew Joe Pa and the gang handled the Golden Gophers pretty well. Eri 34-10 that it? I promise I'll wear red and black for the "Cocktail Party".
          YES, THANK GOODNESS. And thanks, can't wait to see you sport it.

Yesterday my Mom and I went on a Shopping spree (okay, spree might not be the right word since we didn't actually spend a lot of money, but we did go shopping). More or less because I need new everything (I went from a size 14 to a size 4 over the course of the last year, so my entire winter wardrobe no longer FITS!). So I missed out on all the football. I was checking my phone for updates--I was so POed at the end of the Arkansas game and USC had me biting my nails. Also sorry for the VT loss, because I wanted them to beat that school down the road. Hope there are no Buckeyes in here, but I'm glad the Boilermakers had their way with them. I don't like OST. I'm tired of them being in the national championship and having their rears handed to them by the SEC again and again.

I did get home in time to watch Bama-SC. That was fun for football's sake. Klick-Klack, Spurrier.

Oh look, the forum's slow again and I haven't been able to get on all day. Wasn't this supposed to be fixed last week?!? John and Lizzie are NOT amused.

Ahhh, I'll just pop that DVD in and keep rewinding that scene over and over and over...

Me too!

Oh, and Eri, I just read the new chappie of Testament...

Spoiler:
          OMG, the Immarians are so toast! When John and the others finally find Elizabeth and all the abuses and injuries that the Immarians inflicted on her are cataloged, John is going to be so royally PISSED that he'll be spoiling to spill some blood in vengeance. I don't know what kind of punishment you've got planned for Thorvir and the Elders, but I can totally see John going into all out eye-for-an-eye mode. Every one of them who inflicted any pain on Elizabeth, even so much as a single slap, has that pain visited back upon them. If Elizabeth dies of her injuries (which of course she won't... right? 'Cause that would be horrible! *wibbles*), then they'll be beaten to death, just as they planned to do to her. If she lives, they're just beaten to the point of repaying the debt of pain. Then they're exiled to a planet without a Stargate, and thus no hope of ever escaping.

But then, I'm a vindictive b***h, and I think John would appreciate that. *evil grin*

LMAO! Seriously, there were points where I just had to hit mute on the TV and turn away. *shivers* That was just insane.
          You're more vindictive than me! I hope I don't disappoint if it's not violent enough for you, but some of the twists to the story through the end may surprise people. Though I will say this--John IS royally pissed. You just have to remember who it is he's 'avenging' and how she might feel about that.

Ronon, on the other hand, I can't speak for.

---

B/W:

Color:

*gives him a look*

I LOVE THAT! Wonderful drawing! John's the perfect Han Solo.

And I just recently watched Coup as well. It is totally Sparky. I actually like how Elizabeth's role is nice & full in it as well, and how all the decisions are at least joint ones between them. She and John truly collaborate on the decisions.

And...it's something we almost always gloss over--but that Weir ruthlessness is back. Note how she says to Ronon 'we're not handing over 10 of our jumpers' and also that, essentially, she not only condemns John to death but accepts it. For basically 15 minutes Atlantis thinks Cowen's killed him, and they've moved on to how to preserve Rodney. I always thought that was a really interesting twist.

How is it that people think Elizabeth's weak?
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            Yesterday my Mom and I went on a Shopping spree (okay, spree might not be the right word since we didn't actually spend a lot of money, but we did go shopping). More or less because I need new everything (I went from a size 14 to a size 4 over the course of the last year, so my entire winter wardrobe no longer FITS!). So I missed out on all the football. I was checking my phone for updates--I was so POed at the end of the Arkansas game and USC had me biting my nails. Also sorry for the VT loss, because I wanted them to beat that school down the road. Hope there are no Buckeyes in here, but I'm glad the Boilermakers had their way with them. I don't like OST. I'm tired of them being in the national championship and having their rears handed to them by the SEC again and again.
            Me too. It left Iowa alone in first. We still don't get a lot of respect from announcers though. Ah well.

And I just recently watched Coup as well. It is totally Sparky. I actually like how Elizabeth's role is nice & full in it as well, and how all the decisions are at least joint ones between them. She and John truly collaborate on the decisions.

And...it's something we almost always gloss over--but that Weir ruthlessness is back. Note how she says to Ronon 'we're not handing over 10 of our jumpers' and also that, essentially, she not only condemns John to death but accepts it. For basically 15 minutes Atlantis thinks Cowen's killed him, and they've moved on to how to preserve Rodney. I always thought that was a really interesting twist.

Blame the writers. Some of them had a better idea of who Elizabeth is and made the effort to flesh out the character while some of them took the easy way out and stuck her in her office to sit and worry and do nothing.
            sigpic
            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies!

Do you know what day it is? It's not just another Lazy!Sunday, it's the 18th of the month, and that means it's SPARKY DAY!!!! Let's get our Spark on!

YES, THANK GOODNESS. And thanks, can't wait to see you sport it.

I did get home in time to watch Bama-SC. That was fun for football's sake. Klick-Klack, Spurrier.
              Shopping! I went shopping too, so I was basically catching most of the USC/ND game on the radio. I went wine shopping though... 5-cent sale at BevMo! Time to stock up for the holidays!

You're more vindictive than me! I hope I don't disappoint if it's not violent enough for you, but some of the twists to the story through the end may surprise people. Though I will say this--John IS royally pissed. You just have to remember who it is he's 'avenging' and how she might feel about that.

Ronon, on the other hand, I can't speak for.
              *cackles* That's why
              Spoiler:
              I added the "if she lives, Thorvir and the Elders get exiled to a gate-less planet" option. They'll still be alive, but they won't be able to hurt any more innocents in the name of their precious and misguided rules. I figured Elizabeth would find that a bit more acceptable. But it still allows John to let off a bit of steam by describing in lurid and hideous detail how he's going to kill them all if she dies.

Yeah, what is up with that? She's a steel hand in a velvet glove. And I think John respects her far more because of it.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
              Blame the writers. Some of them had a better idea of who Elizabeth is and made the effort to flesh out the character while some of them took the easy way out and stuck her in her office to sit and worry and do nothing.
              Those same writers, no doubt, are the ones who claimed that they couldn't 'come up with anything' for Weir and that was why they threw the character under the bus in Seasons 4 and 5. And then they proceeded to come up with episodes like Doppelganger, Trio, and Inquisition, that have individual scenes or full storylines that clearly would have been far superior to what we ended up with had Weir been there instead of her replacements.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hi and Happy Sparky Day!
                I forgot what I wanted to say because it took 10 minutes to be connect here. Thanks GW!lol It was a question about John but I don't remember.

Erin: I love your drawings. I can't wait to see the next one.

Now I will think about my question and I will be back with it.
                Last edited by Probie; 18 October 2009, 10:27 AM.
                sigpic
                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

---

B/W:
                  Spoiler:

Color:
                  Spoiler:

*gives him a look*

yeah that is a very nice pic. Very Well Done.

Comment

Hello thread! I missed you all much, but haven't really had time to get myself here. (and since the wedding is in twelve days, I guess you won't see that much of me around during that period but I'll certainly try to hop in and say hi).

What you've been up to? Any good discussions or fics, or something? I'm running sparky_santa again, on LJ, and I encourage you all to go and join the holiday fanfic exchange!
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                      Hi and Happy Sparky Day!
                      I forgot what I wanted to say because it took 10 minutes to be connect here. Thanks GW!lol It was a question about John but I don't remember.

Erin: I love your drawings. I can't wait to see the next one.

Now I will think about my question and I will be back with it.
                      GW's still being naughty? Sheesh, after two weeks, you'd think they'd have had enough time to solve this... *headdesk*

Hope you remember your question, Probie!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                      Hello thread! I missed you all much, but haven't really had time to get myself here. (and since the wedding is in twelve days, I guess you won't see that much of me around during that period but I'll certainly try to hop in and say hi).

What you've been up to? Any good discussions or fics, or something? I'm running sparky_santa again, on LJ, and I encourage you all to go and join the holiday fanfic exchange!
                      *glomps Anuna*

I am totally burned out on writing fic after Big Bang, but I'd be happy to beta read for someone at sparky_santa when the time comes!

Comment

GW's still being naughty? Sheesh, after two weeks, you'd think they'd have had enough time to solve this... *headdesk*

Hope you remember your question, Probie!

*glomps Anuna*

I am totally burned out on writing fic after Big Bang, but I'd be happy to beta read for someone at sparky_santa when the time comes!
                        I don't have an official beta....maybe you could be mine!?

OT
                        Spoiler:
                        I'm watching the Steeler game and my 3 yo couldn't care less about the game but for some reason the commercial for Viagra had him riveted!
                        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                        sigpic

Comment

Anuna: Your wedding or someone else? Yes I'm curious.lol
                          SK:Tonight, I'm like "Dory" from "Finding Nemo". I don't even remember my name.lol
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                            I don't have an official beta....maybe you could be mine!?
                            I could do that.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                            Anuna: Your wedding or someone else? Yes I'm curious.lol
                            SK:Tonight, I'm like "Dory" from "Finding Nemo". I don't even remember my name.lol
                            Yep, it's Anuna's wedding.

Ahh, it's one of those nights, eh? Usually, I need a couple of bottles of wine before I start getting like that. LOL!

Comment

I could do that.

Yep, it's Anuna's wedding.

Ahh, it's one of those nights, eh? Usually, I need a couple of bottles of wine before I start getting like that. LOL!
                              Hey cool! Excellent news! Congratulations Anuna!

I don't need wine to be like that.... lol
                              It's Sparky day! We need a game or something special to do, no?

And I don't remember my question....lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Hey and goodbye. I've been busy all afternoon upgrading my computer to Snow Leopard. Now I have to go cook dinner. Back later.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X