Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    Good football day for everybody!

Mom saw disappointed by Inquisition even if we can see Elizabeth in it.

And because Drew talked about SGU:
    Spoiler:
    I found a great reaction of a french fan. I totally agree. He said "I feel they are looking to fill 42 minutes with nothing. Just like when I did an essay in high school (need to complete all the pages), except that I wasn't paid and the teacher was the only one to suffer."
    In general, SGU has better reactions than seasons 4 and 5 of SGA but it's not a success.
    They (and I) hate Chloé and think that episodes are very slow and with a lot of clichés. One of them said "it's a mixture between SG1, BSG, Lost, 7th Heaven, Beverly Hills.".LOL
    Yeah, that's pretty much my reaction.
    Spoiler:
    It's a mash of several different ideas that just don't go well together. *sighs* I can't believe I wasted an hour last night watching it. Ugh. I'm throwing in the towel on SGU.

Even SGA's stealth!Sparky Seasons 4 and 5 were better than that.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good football day for everybody!

Mom saw disappointed by Inquisition even if we can see Elizabeth in it.

And because Drew talked about SGU:
      Spoiler:
      I found a great reaction of a french fan. I totally agree. He said "I feel they are looking to fill 42 minutes with nothing. Just like when I did an essay in high school (need to complete all the pages), except that I wasn't paid and the teacher was the only one to suffer."
      In general, SGU has better reactions than seasons 4 and 5 of SGA but it's not a success.
      They (and I) hate Chloé and think that episodes are very slow and with a lot of clichés. One of them said "it's a mixture between SG1, BSG, Lost, 7th Heaven, Beverly Hills.".LOL
      I watched the first 2 hours...and I'd kinda like 'em back...
      Spoiler:
      there's certainly some nice eye candy but I need more than that these days. and the comparison to 7th Heaven?! Spot on and hilarious!

I need some help...I'm kinda stuck on my fic and need some fluffy, flirty Sparky inspiration! Any suggestions!?
      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
        Erin nice wallpaper! Yes, another sparky football Saturday. Drew I take PSU over Minn by 10. SK your "Men of Troy" better keep the "Jeweled Shillelagh". I pick USC; over/under 48. SR the "Techie Bowl" (I just made that up) sorry, GT by one possession. I don't think VT can handle the triple option. Granted, Beamer Ball always gives VT a fighting chance. Eri the 'Dawgs better have the #2's in by the third quarter. And I will be breaking out the Red and Black for the "Cocktail Party" next week.

My Vols are off today, but they play "The Third Saturday in October" next week. For my non-USA homies, I know next week is the fourth Saturday of the month, but the Tennessee vs. Alabama game used to always be played the third Saturday in October, hence the name of the game. The "Cocktail Party" (Full name: The Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party) is UGA vs. Florida. Due to PC-ness runing amock in our world, the game is now called the Florida/Georgia or Georgia/Florida game depending on who gets to wear home jerseys. I think it's funny the schools moved their fall breaks to that week because half the faculties called off.

Rivalry games in American college football have cool names and cool trophies. Also see SK's USC vs. Notre Dame, they play for a shillelagh (Irish term for beating stick) and if USC wins they put a ruby Trojan head on the stick and ND puts on an emerald clover. Today Texas vs. Oklahoma game is the "Red River Shootout", well it's now called the "Red River Rivalry" due to said PC-ness. Tennessee vs. Kentucky used be the "Beer Barrel" with the trophy being a keg painted in each schools colors. Once again PC-ness ended this.

Okay, enough of my ranting, lets watch football
        I'm totes with you on the #2s. Only 7-0 right now towards the end of the 1st.

I love the rivalry stuff. And even though it's not PC, we'll always refer to GA-FL as the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party. Fans will, anyway, even if media outlets and administrations don't. Even I, who's never gotten 'smashed' at it, will never stop calling it that.

I like the "Little Brown Jug" rivalry. That's one of my favorites.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams, and Fight On, Trojans! Beat the Irish!

*pass out celebration mimosas to everyone* Thanks for the congratulations on finishing the story, everyone! Whew, I'm just glad I can finally relax!

LOL! Ah well, at least we get to see Lizzie, even if it's only in a clip show.

Torri must've done that to help Joe carry her. Didn't she say something about being a "healthy Welsh girl?" LOL!

Not that Vegas ever could overshadow Sparky, since it is, of course, a stealth Sparky episode.

Mmmm... scruffy!Shep, peeky!Shep, bloody!Shep... yum.
        I will love the background on that moment--like why Torri has his shoulder in a death grip, and whether they were just so insistent on having him carry her in that they were willing to suspend reality (not that the rest of Echoes isn't a total suspension of reality) for that moment. It doesn't seem like a thing production at SGA would do (as him carrying her is a TOTALLY Sparky Ship Moment) but they did seem to really want to keep it in! I'd love to hear from the actors as to what was going on in that scene. Maybe someday.

Yeah, that's pretty much my reaction.
        Spoiler:
        It's a mash of several different ideas that just don't go well together. *sighs* I can't believe I wasted an hour last night watching it. Ugh. I'm throwing in the towel on SGU.

Even SGA's stealth!Sparky Seasons 4 and 5 were better than that.
        Stealth Sparky--I really like that. *snickers*

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
        Spoiler:
        there's certainly some nice eye candy but I need more than that these days. and the comparison to 7th Heaven?! Spot on and hilarious!

I need some help...I'm kinda stuck on my fic and need some fluffy, flirty Sparky inspiration! Any suggestions!?
        Uh...watch Tao or Rodney or Duet? That has some funny fluffy moments.

EDIT: Strike that! I forgot you can't! I'll have to leave it up to our more well-read friends to give you some fluff recs.
        Last edited by Eri13; 17 October 2009, 09:24 AM.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

everybody! Glad you liked the wallpaper.

And hopefully I'll be able to work on the second installment in the Sparky Halloween Costume series today.
          sigpic
          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Eri...I would...but still don't have the DVDs I need to find pics/vids online
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

I like the comparison with 7th Heaven even if it's not easy to see the link between them.lol
              By the way, I'm still jealous of your sigs. Can I say that my birthday is tomorrow (even if it's not the case....)?lol

Eri: Thanks for your suggestion. Mom needs a dose of "Sparks". TOR is a good one.
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

I like the comparison with 7th Heaven even if it's not easy to see the link between them.lol
                By the way, I'm still jealous of your sigs. Can I say that my birthday is tomorrow (even if it's not the case....)?lol

Eri: Thanks for your suggestion. Mom needs a dose of "Sparks". TOR is a good one.
                Thanks....and lol you could try!
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks....and lol you could try!
                  OK.....*try to be convincing and serious*

Hey guys, do you know it's my birthday tomorrow?

So, are you convince Drew?LOL
                  sigpic

Comment

OK.....*try to be convincing and serious*

Hey guys, do you know it's my birthday tomorrow?

So, are you convince Drew?LOL
                    erm...uh...nope... sorry!
                    sigpic

Comment

erm...uh...nope... sorry!
                      Yeah I knew.....
                      But it's a secret between us. Don't tell to the others. I seriously think I'm crazy.LOL
                      sigpic

Comment

There's nothing wrong with crazy!
                        sigpic

Comment

SK The Men of Troy had me worried there. I may live in NW IN, but I can't stand ND. (God loves people outside of South Bend and God has better stuff to do on a Saturday than help ND win a football game.) Drew Joe Pa and the gang handled the Golden Gophers pretty well. Eri 34-10 that it? I promise I'll wear red and black for the "Cocktail Party".
                          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Oh look, the forum's slow again and I haven't been able to get on all day. Wasn't this supposed to be fixed last week?!? John and Lizzie are NOT amused.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            I will love the background on that moment--like why Torri has his shoulder in a death grip, and whether they were just so insistent on having him carry her in that they were willing to suspend reality (not that the rest of Echoes isn't a total suspension of reality) for that moment. It doesn't seem like a thing production at SGA would do (as him carrying her is a TOTALLY Sparky Ship Moment) but they did seem to really want to keep it in! I'd love to hear from the actors as to what was going on in that scene. Maybe someday.
                            Ahhh, I'll just pop that DVD in and keep rewinding that scene over and over and over...

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            Stealth Sparky--I really like that. *snickers*
                            Me too!

Oh, and Eri, I just read the new chappie of Testament...

Spoiler:
                            OMG, the Immarians are so toast! When John and the others finally find Elizabeth and all the abuses and injuries that the Immarians inflicted on her are cataloged, John is going to be so royally PISSED that he'll be spoiling to spill some blood in vengeance. I don't know what kind of punishment you've got planned for Thorvir and the Elders, but I can totally see John going into all out eye-for-an-eye mode. Every one of them who inflicted any pain on Elizabeth, even so much as a single slap, has that pain visited back upon them. If Elizabeth dies of her injuries (which of course she won't... right? 'Cause that would be horrible! *wibbles*), then they'll be beaten to death, just as they planned to do to her. If she lives, they're just beaten to the point of repaying the debt of pain. Then they're exiled to a planet without a Stargate, and thus no hope of ever escaping.

But then, I'm a vindictive b***h, and I think John would appreciate that. *evil grin*

SK The Men of Troy had me worried there. I may live in NW IN, but I can't stand ND. (God loves people outside of South Bend and God has better stuff to do on a Saturday than help ND win a football game.)
                            LMAO! Seriously, there were points where I just had to hit mute on the TV and turn away. *shivers* That was just insane.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh look, the forum's slow again and I haven't been able to get on all day. Wasn't this supposed to be fixed last week?!? John and Lizzie are NOT amused.

Ahhh, I'll just pop that DVD in and keep rewinding that scene over and over and over...

Me too!

Oh, and Eri, I just read the new chappie of Testament...

Spoiler:
                              snip

LMAO! Seriously, there were points where I just had to hit mute on the TV and turn away. *shivers* That was just insane.
                              It's all good, another ruby on the shillelagh! I hope you took the over
                              SR my condolences. The new polls should be interesting. Off to bed, I have to work a 12hr day turn. Night y'all.
                              "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

It's all good, another ruby on the shillelagh! I hope you took the over
                                SR my condolences. The new polls should be interesting. Off to bed, I have to work a 12hr day turn. Night y'all.
                                Yup, a win is a win is a win. Speaking of wins, Air Force won, so John should be a happy camper tonight.

*huggles SR*

Nighty-night, pkprd869, and pleasant Sparky (or at least Torri!) dreams!

Comment

Working...
                                X