Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
    This is how I feel too. I usually watch 3-4 episodes of a new show before I make up my mind so we'll see. Some of the characters are going to have to really grow on me though, because I feel like I've seen all this before only with characters I really loved.
    Having just finished watching the SGU pilot, that's my assessment as well. None of the characters grabbed me and said "pay attention to me!" like John, Elizabeth and Carson did in Rising. The other characters grew on me over the next few episodes, but those three were the ones that hooked me right from the start. But with SGU, my feelings range from indifference to outright dislike. *sighs*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hi everybody!!!

Falcon: Bonjour à toi. Ravie de te voir ici. J'espère que tu vas bien.

Mom finished the season 4 and she hated it.lol Like she said "It's boring sometimes and a lot of mistakes everytime." If you want some reports, tell me what you want. I don't have the strength to do all the episodes. So if you want you can choose some moments or episodes from seasons 3 or 4 and I will do some reports.
      Now she wants to see the season 5 but I don't have it...Dvds of season 5 will be available this week in France. I don't want to buy it for the moment so my mom hates me.lol

It's really interesting to read your reactions about SGU. We all think the same thing about it.
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Having just finished watching the SGU pilot, that's my assessment as well. None of the characters grabbed me and said "pay attention to me!" like John, Elizabeth and Carson did in Rising. The other characters grew on me over the next few episodes, but those three were the ones that hooked me right from the start. But with SGU, my feelings range from indifference to outright dislike. *sighs*
        Yeah, it's amazing how alike our reactions are. I hope if someone really liked it they aren't afraid to say so. We won't bite.

I did a bit of surfing and found that core group that thinks it's the best thing evah, mostly on that blog. Okay for you, I hope you enjoy it. My husband is still very negative. We talked about it some more yesterday and I've never seen him so opinionated about a tv show. He's usually the "meh" guy who watches and then forgets a show but this time he is just very jumpy. His voice gets louder and he just seems a bit angry. Very unusual for the most mild-mannered man in the world.

Right now Sparky is the most positive thing around. We don't have much to be angry about around here.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
          Falcon it's been a while! How ya been. Tell Kate I say hello
          Drew No Doubt is alright. They do have some sparky songs, but I have time and style requirements. Mandy said she's a big country fan, I thought "Why Not Tonight" (Yes, it's the song from Tremors) by Reba would be a great song for my vid, but it's only 3:17 minutes or something. It's on youtube if you wanna listen.

Eri Our teams lost But now there will be a winner How about a friendly wager. Perhaps something to do with fics and vids
          HRMMMMMMMMMMMM...I'm game for that! On my end, I'll have to wager a fic because you wouldn't get a vid until somewhere's around the end of the 2011 football season.

But yes...what did you have in mind?

Thanks for the huggles football fans! Sundays I have tennis matches, which are great fun for social gathering, etc, but I do miss vegging out on the sofa and watching NFL all-day.

I'm in the middle of writing my song-based fic, but it's turning out to be really hard. It's very grief filled and it's hard for me to associate with grief that strong because I've never experienced it, so I'm having to dig very deep and imagine it. It's written, but the editing. *sigh* Hopefully I'll have it soon.
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            HRMMMMMMMMMMMM...I'm game for that! On my end, I'll have to wager a fic because you wouldn't get a vid until somewhere's around the end of the 2011 football season.

But yes...what did you have in mind?

Thanks for the huggles football fans! Sundays I have tennis matches, which are great fun for social gathering, etc, but I do miss vegging out on the sofa and watching NFL all-day.

I'm in the middle of writing my song-based fic, but it's turning out to be really hard. It's very grief filled and it's hard for me to associate with grief that strong because I've never experienced it, so I'm having to dig very deep and imagine it. It's written, but the editing. *sigh* Hopefully I'll have it soon.
            I too will put up a fic. Let's not do anything really long, how about a little drabble song-fic based on our schools' fight songs? If Tennessee wins, you write one using "Rocky Top" and if UGA wins I'll write one based on "Glory, Glory" or whichever UGA song you like. Hmm, I bet Lizzie really is "Wild as a minx but sweet as soda pop."

Back out of the gutter, tennis is where one first learns love means nothing Good luck with your editing, that can be a pain.
            "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Falcon it's been a while! How ya been. Tell Kate I say hello
              Drew No Doubt is alright. They do have some sparky songs, but I have time and style requirements. Mandy said she's a big country fan, I thought "Why Not Tonight" (Yes, it's the song from Tremors) by Reba would be a great song for my vid, but it's only 3:17 minutes or something. It's on youtube if you wanna listen.

Eri Our teams lost But now there will be a winner How about a friendly wager. Perhaps something to do with fics and vids
              "Why Not Tonight" is a super cute song! (I'd never heard it before) How about "Something to Talk About" by Bonnie Raitt?
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

I too will put up a fic. Let's not do anything really long, how about a little drabble song-fic based on our schools' fight songs? If Tennessee wins, you write one using "Rocky Top" and if UGA wins I'll write one based on "Glory, Glory" or whichever UGA song you like. Hmm, I bet Lizzie really is "Wild as a minx but sweet as soda pop."

Back out of the gutter, tennis is where one first learns love means nothing Good luck with your editing, that can be a pain.
                DEAL! If you want, we can broaden the horizons a little bit to have them talking about the schools, mascots, etc, or the football teams. Rocky Top has some good lyrics, but Glory, Glory might be harder. I'd say that one, or "Battle Hymn of the Bulldog Nation" which is my favorite pre-game song.

*after this weekend believes she shall be holed up on Saturday night writing something Sparky set to Rocky Top*
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  Mom finished the season 4 and she hated it.lol Like she said "It's boring sometimes and a lot of mistakes everytime." If you want some reports, tell me what you want. I don't have the strength to do all the episodes. So if you want you can choose some moments or episodes from seasons 3 or 4 and I will do some reports.
                  Now she wants to see the season 5 but I don't have it...Dvds of season 5 will be available this week in France. I don't want to buy it for the moment so my mom hates me.lol
                  *cracks up* Just keep telling your mom that she's not missing anything, it's just more of the same as Season 4 and you're trying to spare her from seeing that.

It's really interesting to read your reactions about SGU. We all think the same thing about it.
                  Just shows how in tune Sparkies are with reality.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Yeah, it's amazing how alike our reactions are. I hope if someone really liked it they aren't afraid to say so. We won't bite.

I did a bit of surfing and found that core group that thinks it's the best thing evah, mostly on that blog. Okay for you, I hope you enjoy it. My husband is still very negative. We talked about it some more yesterday and I've never seen him so opinionated about a tv show. He's usually the "meh" guy who watches and then forgets a show but this time he is just very jumpy. His voice gets louder and he just seems a bit angry. Very unusual for the most mild-mannered man in the world.
                  Heh. Well, there were certain details I liked... the design of the ship is nifty, the bit with the marines doing KP duty in the mess hall having a to-go box with dinner for Rush actually cracked me up (and gee, they showed the mess hall kitchen! We never got to see that on Atlantis! ), Daniel looking like he was on a total sugar rush while doing those orientation videos was cute... but the rest... meh.

Right now Sparky is the most positive thing around. We don't have much to be angry about around here.
                  Yup. Sparky is still as strong as ever, and it gives us something in the fandom to come home to. Ahhhh...
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

*cracks up* Just keep telling your mom that she's not missing anything, it's just more of the same as Season 4 and you're trying to spare her from seeing that.
                    I already said this to her but It didn't work. So I said to her that if she gives me 50 euros, I will buy it. She said "NO!". Problem solved.lol
                    sigpic

Comment

I already said this to her but It didn't work. So I said to her that if she gives me 50 euros, I will buy it. She said "NO!". Problem solved.lol
                      Does she know about GitM? And 50 euros? That a lot. I wouldn't pay that. You can buy it new here from Amazon for $40. 50 euros is over $70 US.
                      sigpic

Comment

Does she know about GitM? And 50 euros? That a lot. I wouldn't pay that. You can buy it new here from Amazon for $40. 50 euros is over $70 US.
                        No she doesn't know for GITM....thankfully for me.lol
                        Yes it's very expensive and it's always like this. For example, the price of the first season was 75 euros. Now it's 29 euros.
                        The moment, I have to buy 5 gifts (a lot of birthdays this month) so no money for SGA.
                        I will buy the season 5 on Amazon but I don't know when. I want to buy it just to see the face of my mom during the first scene of this season (dinner scene). Yes I'm evil.lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes it's very expensive and it's always like this. For example, the price of the first season was 75 euros. Now it's 29 euros.
                          The moment, I have to buy 5 gifts (a lot of birthdays this month) so no money for SGA.
                          I will buy the season 5 on Amazon but I don't know when. I want to buy it just to see the face of my mom during the first scene of this season (dinner scene). Yes I'm evil.lol
                          She will beat you. But tell her not to worry. It was all a Martin Gero fantasy. LOL
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            DEAL! If you want, we can broaden the horizons a little bit to have them talking about the schools, mascots, etc, or the football teams. Rocky Top has some good lyrics, but Glory, Glory might be harder. I'd say that one, or "Battle Hymn of the Bulldog Nation" which is my favorite pre-game song.

*after this weekend believes she shall be holed up on Saturday night writing something Sparky set to Rocky Top*
                            DEAL! *sparky handshake* Yes, let's include fight songs, mascots, the school, team, etc. I'll do "Battle Hymn of the Bulldog Nation". I don't know, the Vols are having a rough stretch, I might be writing something about Lizzie and her penchant for wearing red and black. Off to work! (LAST ONE! *Happy Dance*)
                            "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Wow, that is a lot to pay! Seasons 4 and 5 are pretty cheap over here right now, but I still won't buy 'em!

She will beat you. But tell her not to worry. It was all a Martin Gero fantasy. LOL
                              There's that, too!

Comment

I think we need a Sparky picspam.

Spoiler:
                                John: If you tell anybody about this Elizabeth, I swear I will...

Liz: Don't worry about it John. It's nothing to be embarrassed about.

John: I know but if Rodney finds out I like wearing your panties, I'm a dead man.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X