Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    Sorry I wasn't clear. I LIKE ALL THE SONGS! lol
    I wil listen the Sugarland's song later....and I'm sure I will like it. Don't beat me please *cry*lol

I just realized that I don't really know Johnny Cash except his songs "Hurt" and "Solitary man".
    I found some songs great but I'm still a fan of Rock and soul music.

Yes she has a great voice.

Taylor Swift? It's the girl who was humiliated by Kanye West no? I don't know her. I just listened one of her songs and my question is "What we call country music?" It's not really country Taylor Swift. Maybe I'm wrong.
    Yeah, country seems to include a lot of stuff these days. If you live in a place like I do which is urban, the country station plays a lot of the new stuff. You have to go further south or away from a big city to get the real country.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
    my sister says Taylor Swift's songs make her sound like white trash....I just think they're too cutesy....although Picture to Burn isn't too bad

I love country, I love rock, I love pop (tbh I love it all!) but what I don't love are the so-called "crossover" artists....no need to be greedy, for cryin' out loud!
    Agreed. Faith Hill isn't what she used to be either.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
    So much talk of country music, I forgot to mention one of my all time favs; Alabama. Randy Owen is an alumni of the same fraternity as me (different chapter/schools though) and I got to meet him. He's a really nice guy, I joked around and asked him to sing "Rocky Top" and he just started laughing, since he's an Crimson Tide fan. Some songs I like: "I'm in a Hurry" [one of my fraternity's anthems], "Dixieland Delight", "Song of the South", and "High Cotton." They're not really sparky, but I wouldn't mind if Lizzie was my Dixieland delight

Probie and DrewI really like Pasty Cline too. *High five homies* Martina McBride is ok, I really like her cover of "Hit Me with Your Best Shot" (and boy would I ) I used to like Alan Jackson until he mangled "Summertime Blues." I like Willie Nelson alot. Even though they're more a country rock band, I like Lynryd Skynryd. Some good tunes: "Tuesday's Gone", "Simple Man", and "Gimmie' Three Steps".

SR and DrewI can see John poking fun at Lizzie and hair metal. Heh, he goes to her quarters to drop a report or something and catches on her Strat playing "Talk Dirty to Me." Gutter-ness ensues.

ETA:Eri I actually like old school country alot better. I really like everyone you mentioned. I like Reba and Dolly, mostly their older stuff that was still country. Reba seems to be walking the line nowadays between country and pop. Taylor Swift, eh. She's really pretty, that's about it.
    OMG! How could I forget Alabama. My all time favorite. And for Sparky check this out Face to Face

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    My Dad has an 8-track of the original Star Wars soundtrack. How's that for classic? I need to dust it off and see if it's worth anything.

My parents records are great, but I'm afraid they're ruined now because they've been in our attic for years. But they had all KINDS of good stuff: Stones, Aerosmith, Beatles, Zeppelin, Captain and Tenneille, Cheech & Chong, Julio Iglesias, tons of Christmas albums--you name it.
    LP's! We have boxes and boxes in our basement. From Peter Paul & Mary to Beatles to Creedence Clearwater Revival to John Denver to who knows what all. My husband is in the process of converting them to digital and doing a really great job. I don't know how or what he's doing but he's got it all set up with his computer. With whatever software he uses he is able to get rid of almost all the scratches. Naturally he's doing his first and I have to wait my turn.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    Don't talk about Led Zep without me. I'm little excited when I talk about them so sorry if I will make stranges noises.lol
    My brother was surprised when I said that I'm a biiiig fan of Led Zep. He was like "You are young but you listen old songs". I needed to correct him "I listen GOOD (little word for describe them I know) music and Led Zep are my heroes." Robert Plant has a fantastic voice and his screams are...wow.
    Jimmy Page is...youhou. Yes I made strange noises. I can talk about them during hours.
    Kashmir
    I can't quit you baby
    Babe I'm gonna leave you
    They are my favorite...Ok I can't choose. I like all of them.

And Also love Rolling Stones (Paint it black), Styx (Renegade), Jimmy Hendrix, Queen....Yesterday It was Smashing Pumpkins (bullet with butterfly wings)

And I have a soft side. I can listen Al Green, Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye....
    You and JF are kindred spirits. He jokes about how his wife hates his music. He mentioned Led Zep once as a favorite.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hee...I guess C&T are more 'classic' than great. The songs of theirs I know are the songs we all know if we know them. The best Christmas album we have is "An Andy Williams Christmas". If you want to hear Silver Bells done right, that there's the man to do it.

I like some hairmetal, but being a Metallica/Judas Priest/Rush fan most of the 80's stuff kinda rubs me the wrong way cuz it went way too pop. Def Leoppard was my first album purchased with my own money when I was a kid, though.

Ah, Led Zeppellin. That is one of those bands that transcends ages. You can't call LZ old. They're timeless.

Kashmir is one of my favorites, though, I guess I'm just plain ol' mainstream because I love "Stairway to Heaven" best. Love me some Styx, too, though they're the kind where I have to be in the mood to listen to an entire album because they can change up. Kinda like Queen
      Timeless...exactly!
      Except that in high school, we (My friend and I) were the only one to like Led Zep. She's more fan of The Doors.

Drew: I like some songs of Gun's and Roses. My sister was a fan.

and because I like this song. I feel happy when I listen it. It's not rock but it's wow. (When I can't find a word to describe what I feel, it's because I relly like it.lol)

Love and Happiness -Al Green
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        You and JF are kindred spirits. He jokes about how his wife hates his music. He mentioned Led Zep once as a favorite.
        Just because I like the sentence....lol

He likes Led zep, I like Led Zep. He likes Radiohead, I like Radiohead. He likes Jimmy Hendrix, I'm in love of Jimmy Hendrix.....I like him, he loves....his wife.lol
        sigpic

Comment

Def Leppard, Rush, Metallica...love 'em all (my boys used to rock out to Metallica in their car seats )....I really just love music....all of it.....I get the strangest looks from my hubby when he sees my playlists b/c I have everything from Pachelbel and Bach to Rush to Evanescence to country to (a little tiny bit of) rap
          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          sigpic

Comment

Def Leppard, Rush, Metallica...love 'em all (my boys used to rock out to Metallica in their car seats )....I really just love music....all of it.....I get the strangest looks from my hubby when he sees my playlists b/c I have everything from Pachelbel and Bach to Rush to Evanescence to country to (a little tiny bit of) rap
            You're like me. My iTunes is a horrible mess of everything. Metallic sitting next to Mussorgsky sitting next to My Chemical Romance. And Melissa auf du Mar, Matisyahu, Mazzy Star and Miko inbetween.

I think at a particular age, though, you stop trying to listen to what everyone says is 'good' and you start defining what you believe is good. For me, some days I'm Metallica and "...And Justice For All (original)" and some days I'm "Pictures at an Exhibition (Ravel arrangement)". Or La Boheme, or Enya. Or Rush, as I am today. Tomorrow I'll be Lara Fabian again, or maybe Queensryche, or Johnny Cash (with all this talk of him I'm prone to pop him back in again).

What's fun about that is how much there is to choose from, and how wonderful it all is, in it's own way. Once you start listening just for you, and not because others think its cool.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Eri, my hubby introduced me to Pandora...my stations include K's Choice, Enya, Journey, Martina McBride, BarlowGirl, Johnny Cash, Beethoven, Lady GaGa, Blind, Coldplay, Evanescence, David Cook and The Veronicas....my musical mood changes a lot! and I love that I can add more as the mood fits...
              I think this is why I tend to gravitate toward song fic challenges....the songs talk to me and I find it very easy to write a story around a song....
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

You're like me. My iTunes is a horrible mess of everything. Metallic sitting next to Mussorgsky sitting next to My Chemical Romance. And Melissa auf du Mar, Matisyahu, Mazzy Star and Miko inbetween.

I think at a particular age, though, you stop trying to listen to what everyone says is 'good' and you start defining what you believe is good. For me, some days I'm Metallica and "...And Justice For All (original)" and some days I'm "Pictures at an Exhibition (Ravel arrangement)". Or La Boheme, or Enya. Or Rush, as I am today. Tomorrow I'll be Lara Fabian again, or maybe Queensryche, or Johnny Cash (with all this talk of him I'm prone to pop him back in again).

What's fun about that is how much there is to choose from, and how wonderful it all is, in it's own way. Once you start listening just for you, and not because others think its cool.
                Even though I mostly like country I have a variety on my playlist too. I love opera, Enya, Aaron Neville, Aretha, and yes I will admit I like Journey. I'm not ashamed. I love 80's music and I don't understand all the jokes. Oh, and disco. *ducks*
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Eri, my hubby introduced me to Pandora...my stations include K's Choice, Enya, Journey, Martina McBride, BarlowGirl, Johnny Cash, Beethoven, Lady GaGa, Blind, Coldplay, Evanescence, David Cook and The Veronicas....my musical mood changes a lot! and I love that I can add more as the mood fits...
                  I think this is why I tend to gravitate toward song fic challenges....the songs talk to me and I find it very easy to write a story around a song....
                  There's nothing like music to move the soul! Whenever I work on creative pieces (which is a LOT in my job) I listen to something. It keeps me going.

Comment

SR woo hoo '80's and disco! fun stuff!

Eri, my hubby and I are both musicians....our boys walk around all day singing songs...we have music in our lives everyday and I couldn't imagine it any other way!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Even though I mostly like country I have a variety on my playlist too. I love opera, Enya, Aaron Neville, Aretha, and yes I will admit I like Journey. I'm not ashamed. I love 80's music and I don't understand all the jokes. Oh, and disco. *ducks*
                      I think as far as 80's music the jokes are more the look than the sound.

Journey is king of closet fandom. I rarely find people who don't like Journey, though it's not something people come out and shout to the world, either. I love them.

Apparently we need to have an Enya fic writing contest.

Comment

I think as far as 80's music the jokes are more the look than the sound.

Journey is king of closet fandom. I rarely find people who don't like Journey, though it's not something people come out and shout to the world, either. I love them.

Apparently we need to have an Enya fic writing contest.
                        that could prove interesting!
                        sigpic

Comment

SR woo hoo '80's and disco! fun stuff!

Eri, my hubby and I are both musicians....our boys walk around all day singing songs...we have music in our lives everyday and I couldn't imagine it any other way!
                          That's just cool. I was a performer in school for a little while and one of my first big investments when I have money to spend will be a piano. I'm self-taught, and at the most stressful times during schooling, would run to the music building and lock myself into a practice room for hours at a time plunking away and teaching myself bass clef.

Pandora looks awesome! I'll have to register when I have time. I use Sourcetone, too.

Comment

My playlist is various too. You can find rock (Led Zep, Depeche Mode, My chemical Romance Eri ..), French songs (Anais, Gainsbourg,..), Spanish songs, Portuguese songs, Pop (Lady Gaga, Bat of Lashes,...), some classic songs, R&N (Timbaland,...), soul (Al Green,...).
                            The only things that I can't really like are (Rap even if I love some Snoop Dog's songs) and the french singer Mylène Farmer (I can't stand her lol).

It depends on my mood.
                            sigpic

Comment

That's just cool. I was a performer in school for a little while and one of my first big investments when I have money to spend will be a piano. I'm self-taught, and at the most stressful times during schooling, would run to the music building and lock myself into a practice room for hours at a time plunking away and teaching myself bass clef.

Pandora looks awesome! I'll have to register when I have time. I use Sourcetone, too.
                              I play piano, saxophone (tenor and alto mostly), a little clarinet, flute, piccolo, violin and am teaching myself electric bass. I'm in my church's hand bell choir and served in the PA Army National Guard band for 8 years. I'm most passionate about singing and would love nothing more than to front a band like Evanescence....
                              Hubby plays saxophone (alto, tenor and bari), contra/baritone and tuba
                              We met in our college concert band - we were stand partners (SOOO cheesy )
                              I used to lock myself in the practice rooms in college too...all the time when I was stressed out. I'd play piano for hours (and then toward the end started teaching myself flute)

Pandora is a genome project, so you give them an artist or song and they create a 'station' based on songs similar to the information you gave them....i think it explains it on the site....
                              sigpic

Comment

*pops in*

*hears mention of Journey*

I love them to pieces...to PIECES!

*pops out*

Oh and drew I'm reading the story now

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X